Frequent Posters

jhankarbeats87 thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 17 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Guneet80

Actually I typed it out but deleted all of it by mistake

I'm writing it all again. Will post aaj hi

Oh no. Save it in a word doc n then copy it here. ๐Ÿ™‚

N plz plz plz update that ONS wala too..... Tum aag laga k bhag gayi ho.....n hum sab jal rahe hai ๐Ÿ˜

Guneet80 thumbnail
Most Comments (October 2021) 1 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 4

READ THIS DRABBLE BEFORE READING THE OS SO THAT YOU GET THE CONTEXT

Author's Note : I know I have been gone for a long time, I was busy. I'm back with another treat for you all. Long post ahead, talks more about feelings so patience is needed. The ending scene is inspired from the Tamil movie Vaaranam Aayiram.

Please reply and tell me how you liked it, along with criticisms.

OS #2 : CROSSED LINES

The time had come when it was Anokhi's last day at SIAC. She had made countless memories, learned valuable lessons even though the journey hadn't been easy in any way. Anokhi was still thankful she atleast got to study and that too at such a prestigious institute. Her last exam had just ended, the college was almost empty with all the students having left already but not Anokhi. She paced around the whole college, checked every classroom and office but couldn't find the one she was looking for. Anokhi got anxious as soon as she looked at the watch, college hours were about to end.

She ran to check all other places but was left dejected at end, she thought she probably had to leave the college just like that : without meeting him. She felt a literal physical pain in her chest, the kind of pain when you're feeling too much but can't let it out. She had just heard it from others but never experienced it until now. She couldn't handle all these built up emotions anymore, she had to let it all out. With rejuvenated vigor, she took a deep breath and decided to try one last time lest she had any regrets later. She realised she didn't check the old library as of yet. Sure it was closed because of impending renovation but still she could try. She dashed across the hall and finally reached the library which strangely wasn't locked like everytime. Hope bloomed in Anokhi's heart, hoping to finally see the man she had been searching for.

Anokhi knew something changed, something shifted in these three years. Albeit subtly but she feels the gravity of the change now. She can't go back to how it was now, even if she wants to. No matter what, she has to own upto it.

Lines were crossed. By her. By him. 

They moved way past being student and professor, into an unknown territory. Anokhi has ignored it for as long as she could remember but today, when it was her last day, she couldn't lie to herself anymore. Things were going so well, everything was lined up for her. From a Harvard graduate program to a sorted life, away from all the drama but still she didn't want to leave. She felt physically sick at the thought of it. Anokhi dreaded what if it's because of him? Gathering courage she finally clicked the library's door open, her heart beating erratically. All the books were removed and only the empty shelves remained : broken and useless. Would she also be like this when she moves away? Broken and useless?

"Ms. Bhalla?"

Anokhi jolted out of her reverie and looked around desperately, trying to find him. There he stood, behind rows of tall, unending shelves blocking him from view. He casually leaned on a desk, a crushed cigarette by his side. Shaurya looked at Anokhi and sighed, registering her silent disapproval. She never liked that he smoked, this is why he crushed that cigarette before she approached him but somehow she noticed. He cut down on his smoking for this exact reason, he didn't know why her disapproval affected him so much. Why she affected him so much.

He can't deny how in these three years she had grown to be important to him. Usually it's the teachers that guide their students, be a pillar of strength and inspiration for them but Anokhi had become all that for him. He felt guilty that the only person he shared his emotions with was his student. Anokhi has not only been there for him but had listened and understood him as well. His emotions, his anger. She listened without any judgements and that was something rare in Shaurya's life. His family loved him but never understood him. Unlike her. She wasn't his family but she understood the real him. 

Shaurya knew she would go build her career once college ends so why was he feeling so awful that she was leaving? He just knew he felt devastated. She was going away and he had no right to stop her, this is why he was in this secluded library, having a smoke to clear his mind. Since she was leaving, it made no sense to restrain smoking anyway since he would have nobody to care. All his life he craved for possession, to see someone care enough to interfere. His family would never do so. He felt guilty thinking that but it's as if he has been living with strangers. He didn't like to admit but he loved how Anokhi cared about him, she would even scold him or fight with him if the situation required. 

It woke up something in him to see her put up a fight for him. With himself. Atleast she cared enough to do so. 

Other than the time he was with her, he felt he was just drifting into this timeless void of nothingness. Shaurya didn't want to admit it before but now he knows : he's in love with her. His student. And he can't do anything about it.

"What are you doing here Anokhi? How did your exam go?", he tried to initiate small talk to stop himself before his emotions betrayed him. Anokhi couldn't stop looking at him. It's as if one found an oasis in a dreary desert. She was still breathing hard from all the search she did to get to him. But she didn't mind. It was worth it. She found him eventually and that's all that mattered.

Shaurya felt the weight of a heavy gaze on him and turned sideways to look at Anokhi, gawking at him in..... adoration? Shaurya cursed internally. He thought he was probably projecting his feelings. There should be no reason he should be thinking about his student like that but lately, it's been becoming tougher and tougher to maintain the professional line. Shaurya has always been a  man of ethics and morals but still to his shock, despite everything, he wanted to surrender to the feeling. He didn't want to think of morals or anyone else in the world. For once he wanted to be selfish but he knew he couldn't be. He clenched his fist in annoyance and called her out, "Anokhi?"

Anokhi jolted out of her reverie, "Yes sir the exam went well but we'll discuss that later. I searched the whole campus for you and finally found you here. I'm actually here to tell you something... "

Shaurya waited for her continue but saw her hesitate for the first time. Anokhi never behaved like this, she had always been opinionated. He wondered what was made her to behave like that. He saw her eyeing the cigarette in annoyance yet again and grew uncomfortable. He threw it away in an instant, earning a hint of smile from her. He looked at her expectantly to continue but Anokhi couldn't gather the courage to look at him while saying it. She looked here and there for reassurance, her heart beating out of her. 

"Anokhi? What is it? From the looks of it, this is quite serious. Whatever it is, I promise we can deal with this together. Just trust me and say it", he tried his best to reassure her.

Anokhi looked at him and couldn't hold it in anymore, " The thing is that I am in love....with you". Shock lined Shaurya's face, he couldn't believe what she was saying. 

"I've always been in love with you I just couldn't realize it earlier. You have been my idol, I used to be in awe of you. But when I saw the real you, I felt everything I didn't know I would ever feel. I don't even want you to react to what I'm saying. I just had to let this out before I go, otherwise I would'nt be at peace. I know you would be angry, I know you don't feel the same but I can't help it. This is my truth ", the earnest look in her eyes coupled with the sad smile on her face was killing Shaurya. He wanted to pull her close to him and tell her that he wasn't angry, that he felt the same but he couldn't. And he hated himself for it.

Shaurya looked away unable to grapple with the raw intensity in her eyes,"Anokhi....I am your professor. I can't feel anything for you. It'll be unethical. You're a bright..."

Anokhi felt his voice quivering with emotion, telling her to try once more.  "Can't or won't? I know I might regret doing this for the rest of my life or even end up humiliating myself but I need to take the chance. I can't go like this. You are not my professor anymore. I need to know if this is mutual. Or if you ever felt anything for me, even for a fleeting second. Even when it will lead to nothing no more.Look at me and tell me. Please ", Anokhi pulled at his arm to make him face her.

Shaurya finally looked at her, his eyes betraying his feelings. From how his heart skipped at her innocent laugh to how he irrevocably fell for her fierceness. He knew he couldn't fight it anymore, damned be the consequences. All that mattered what the pleading look in her eyes, completely melting him. He snaked his arms around her waist pulling her in, leaving her eyes wide in shock.

"Yes I did feel it. All of it. It wasn't just you. You're smart, fierce and so kind, you take my breath away. I'm not good with words but all I can say is you scare the hell out of me. I tried to keep this in up until now. I know it's selfish of me to want to stay but still I can't help it. ", Shaurya said caressing her cheek.

" We'll figure it out", replied Anokhi before sealing his lips with hers.

Edited by Guneet80 - 3 years ago
Guneet80 thumbnail

A/N : I know this is pure crap, also super long and the ending is awful but this idea had been in my mind for a month and I wasn't getting any better ideas to pen it down. So I posted whatever unedited stuff I had in my drafts. I promise the next work will be better. This was more of a dive in the emotional workings of the characters, which is much more of an interest to me tbh. Regardless, I know the execution was poor.

Cherrydreamsxx thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I loved it Guneet. โค๏ธ Anokhi is so bold in your OS. I liked the way she confessed her feelings to him. And the end was not bad at all, it was perfect.  Please do write more on them.

AK_2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Damn! After ages you update!

It was worth it though

The perfectionist Shaurya Sabherwal smoking ๐Ÿค”bad guy! 

Anokhi keeps him in line๐Ÿ˜†

RainOfDew thumbnail

Awesome os

Loved the confessionโค๏ธ

Guneet80 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Cherrydreamsxx

I loved it Guneet. โค๏ธ Anokhi is so bold in your OS. I liked the way she confessed her feelings to him. And the end was not bad at all, it was perfect.  Please do write more on them.

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜ญโค๏ธ

GHKPM thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Wow...that was a good one...i like a proactive Anokhi...she knows what she wants๐Ÿ’–

jhankarbeats87 thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 17 Thumbnail + 6

@Guneet missed u yaar. ๐Ÿ˜Š hw hv u been?

The os is fantastic as always. ๐Ÿฅฐ love this  brave straightforward  Anokhi who believes in taking the  lead, in stead of waiting  for her prince to wake up from his beauty slumber. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ the way she articulated  her feelings  was excellent. ๐Ÿ˜

By the way, when r u updating  that ONS wala FF of u'rs? Hv been waiting for it for so long. Abhi to ek update banta hai if u'r free. โ˜บ๐Ÿ˜

Guneet80 thumbnail

Originally posted by: jhankarbeats87

@Guneet missed u yaar. ๐Ÿ˜Š hw hv u been?

The os is fantastic as always. ๐Ÿฅฐ love this  brave straightforward  Anokhi who believes in taking the  lead, in stead of waiting  for her prince to wake up from his beauty slumber. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ the way she articulated  her feelings  was excellent. ๐Ÿ˜

By the way, when r u updating  that ONS wala FF of u'rs? Hv been waiting for it for so long. Abhi to ek update banta hai if u'r free. โ˜บ๐Ÿ˜

Omg hi! Sorry yaar I had final exams so was occupied with those. Now I'm free so I finally came back.

Thank you so much๐Ÿค—I wanted to write something for long par time hi nahi milta tha.

Yeah that ONS wala FF. I'm trying to think of a future plotline. Woh bhi update kar dungi isi week don't worry. I know you guys waited for so long, aur torture nahi karungi main ๐Ÿ˜‰