Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Chasa thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Honestly the only newbie who completely spiralled downwards. The others seemed to be trying to make an effort but sara has been exceptionally horrible in her last 2 movies.  Imagine having everything,  yet not making use of it. 

Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Chasa

Honestly the only newbie who completely spiralled downwards. The others seemed to be trying to make an effort but sara has been exceptionally horrible in her last 2 movies.  Imagine having everything,  yet not making use of it. 

So true!! Star kid or not almost all her contemporaries did better, tried harder. Only Sara worsened with each movie. I thought Simbba was really bad so there was no way she could do worse. Then LAK2 happened and proved me wrong. Then I thought okay this is it, there is nothing lower. Then Coolie showed nothing is impossible in life. Now I am just waiting for art like Main prem ki deewani hoon. 

JeanieBeanie thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rhimjhimsawan

So true!! Star kid or not almost all her contemporaries did better, tried harder. Only Sara worsened with each movie. I thought Simbba was really bad so there was no way she could do worse. Then LAK2 happened and proved me wrong. Then I thought okay this is it, there is nothing lower. Then Coolie showed nothing is impossible in life. Now I am just waiting for art like Main prem ki deewani hoon. 

I know we all make fun of MPKDH and trash the hell out of it (for good reason), but I honestly think that even though both Kareena and Hrithik overacted the pants off, there were still glimpses of two good actors behind it. It somehow still shown through. And they're still charming you know? Their natural onscreen charisma still shows. Sara was only just about decent in her first film and has gotten worse with each new film. It's literally nothing but atrocious acting. Horrendous at times to say the least. She's going to fade away quick if she doesn't try harder.

Also, MPKDH is still much more watchable than the last two movies Sara put out. At the very least, you can watch MPKDH to laugh at, at the best you can watch it to enjoy the Hrithik/Kareena chemistry. And the songs also slap so.

Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: JeanieBeanie

I know we all make fun of MPKDH and trash the hell out of it (for good reason), but I honestly think that even though both Kareena and Hrithik overacted the pants off, there were still glimpses of two good actors behind it. It somehow still shown through. And they're still charming you know? Their natural onscreen charisma still shows.

Agree. I felt their passion. Just felt it too much ðŸ˜†

BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

She was great in Kedarnath. For her first, she was beautiful, confident & natural. And I haven't seen her other movies so I can't judge but I'm pretty sure that her performances were subpar (judging from trailer & songs). It's sad because she displayed immense talent in Kedarnath. I would have easily become a fan if she put more effort into acting.

To each his own regarding her beauty, but amongst the current generation, there's one thing she has that others don't & that is CONFIDENCE. Even a star like Deepika doesn't have the kind of confidence Sara has. It reflects in the way Sara walks & talks. For that alone, she shouldn't be written off. 

ninny thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: BinKuchKahe.

She was great in Kedarnath. For her first, she was beautiful, confident & natural. And I haven't seen her other movies so I can't judge but I'm pretty sure that her performances were subpar (judging from trailer & songs). It's sad because she displayed immense talent in Kedarnath. I would have easily become a fan if she put more effort into acting.

To each his own regarding her beauty, but amongst the current generation, there's one thing she has that others don't & that is CONFIDENCE. Even a star like Deepika doesn't have the kind of confidence Sara has. It reflects in the way Sara walks & talks. For that alone, she shouldn't be written off. 

I think the way Gattu directed the character fooled alot of people. Mukku was a very loud character and audience considers that sort of on your face acting as "good" but it's serviceable at best. Even as Mukku she didn't have charm of small town girl.. I found it really stereotypical representation. Also most actors around her were really good ( even Pooja Gor who played her sister) and she was feeding off them alot. But you will see the glimpse of "Tum muje tang karne lage ho" wali Sara in some scenes ( where she sees Mansoor getting hit by her fiance's goons) The way she delivers in some emotional scene make it unintentionally funny. She has a lot to work if she wants to do serious roles.. I mean Jhanvi isn't that good of an actress but she underacts most of the time which is still bearable but Sara tends to overact. 

Also she does come across as quite confident and seems like an extrovert but what does it have to do with acting or talent? It's just her personality trait.. She very confidently makes ignorant statements.. Even Sonam Kapoor is very confident.. Even Kangu is confident... There are many actors who aren't well spoken or confident but are live wire onscreen.. 

BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: ninny

I think the way Gattu directed the character fooled alot of people. Mukku was a very loud character and audience considers that sort of on your face acting as "good" but it's serviceable at best. Even as Mukku she didn't have charm of small town girl.. I found it really stereotypical representation. Also most actors around her were really good ( even Pooja Gor who played her sister) and she was feeding off them alot. But you will see the glimpse of "Tum muje tang karne lage ho" wali Sara in some scenes ( where she sees Mansoor getting hit by her fiance's goons) The way she delivers in some emotional scene make it unintentionally funny. She has a lot to work if she wants to do serious roles.. I mean Jhanvi isn't that good of an actress but she underacts most of the time which is still bearable but Sara tends to overact. 

Also she does come across as quite confident and seems like an extrovert but what does it have to do with acting or talent? It's just her personality trait.. She very confidently makes ignorant statements.. Even Sonam Kapoor is very confident.. Even Kangu is confident... There are many actors who aren't well spoken or confident but are live wire onscreen.. 

To each his own I guess? I quite liked her performance in Kedarnath & never at any point felt that she was bad. Yes, Gattu Kapoor as a director had a part to play in directing her and contributing to her good performance. But it would be unfair to not give her credit for the performance. Of course, how we view acting is subjective so I take your point that you did not find her performance great. 

Also I'm not talking about the ignorant statements because pretty much most of the BW celebs make them. By confidence I meant that she has thick skin & ambition & thus, she will survive. I find that lacking in most of the current actors/actresses. Pretty much most of the mainstream actors/actresses we have are mediocre TBH (minus the likes of Rajkumar Rao & actresses that are not leads) so I don't see why she shouldn't be given a few more chances before writing her off.  

Anyway that's just my opinion. I don't really care about her, and neither do I care whether she makes it or not. I just stated my opinion on the topic. 

ninny thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: BinKuchKahe.

To each his own I guess? I quite liked her performance in Kedarnath & never at any point felt that she was bad. Yes, Gattu Kapoor as a director had a part to play in directing her and contributing to her good performance. But it would be unfair to not give her credit for the performance. Of course, how we view acting is subjective so I take your point that you did not find her performance great. 

Also I'm not talking about the ignorant statements because pretty much most of the BW celebs make them. By confidence I meant that she has thick skin & ambition & thus, she will survive. I find that lacking in most of the current actors/actresses. Pretty much most of the mainstream actors/actresses we have are mediocre TBH (minus the likes of Rajkumar Rao & actresses that are not leads) so I don't see why she shouldn't be given a few more chances before writing her off.  

Anyway that's just my opinion. I don't really care about her, and neither do I care whether she makes it or not. I just stated my opinion on the topic. 

I don't really want to sound likeva blind hater here because believe it or not I am not😅.. It's just I think people have been way too easy on her and starkids like her... From what I have seen she doesn't seem to have a thick skin ( go watch where Anupama interviews her abt ppl trolling her for LAK  scene.. instead of taking the criticism well she was beating around the bush and it was quite obvious she didn't take it well) About being ambitious.. If any of these star kids were even a bit serious abt the craft rather than the glamour and fame part of industry then they would have at least tried to study the art.. They have all the resources and money in the world to do that.. If any middle class kid has that kind of security and money they will work for their passion.. There are so many young actresses who are not even talked abt in same breath as Sara Jhanvi or Ananya even though they are miles better than these bland nepokids.. Look at Sanya Malhotra, Radhika Madan, Tripti and many others..not only are they more talented but better looking too and have been doing quite well being outsiders but yet they aren't competition for the holy Trinity ( S,J and A).. THIS! Exactly THIS is the reason we need to stop cutting them slack.. If Sara is a garbage actress she is a garbage actress and I hope people realise this sooner than later.. Why go soft on them and feed their entitlement? 

Edited by ninny - 3 years ago
nonam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLmlbYwBc4j/

she is cute and confident as binkuchkahe says

quite some swagger here for someone so short 

and she is well spoken regardless of what people say about her ignorant statements, that's just having a different opinion than her.

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Had high hopes from her after Kedarnath, where she gave a pretty good performance for a debutant.

Then she followed it up with 3 awful movies and somehow her acting also tanked big time. Especially in Love Aaj Kal 2, where there was scope of throwing in a good performance, she was flat

If she keeps going this way, I sense Jhanvi will overtake her despite being a worse actor (arguably) because her roles will be a lot more memorable - Gunjan and now Roohi looks promising with a meaty role. 

She needs to do a couple of dramatic or slice of life movies to get back in the reckoning. Warna, aur paanch das nepo kids khadey hain usko replace karne ke liye