Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Did Ramya Krishnan totally overshadowed Anushka in Bahubali?

Mugda thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

Do you think Ramya Krishnan totally overshadowed the main actress Anushka in the film? Sridevi should have accepted Ramya's role. It was really an iconic role.

Image result for ramya anushka

Image result for bahubali anushka

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fallen-Embers thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I think she overshadowed everybody in the movie, not just Anushka. Prabhas apparently told Rajamouli that she was killing everybody else when she was on the screen.

I'm glad that Sridevi didn't take up the part coz I don't think she would have been able to pull off that kind of a commanding role. I HATED that Rajamouli and the interviewer spoke sh*t about Sri, but maybe they were right. 

Edited by Fallen-Embers - 3 years ago
Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9

Sridevi would not have done the role exactly like Ramya did but she would have done it in her own inimitable style and still nailed it.

Anushka was the heroine of the film. Acting wise yes Ramya had a more challenging role.

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

no i think both sivgami and devsena had their own place  both the ladies actually did overshadow the father son amarendra mahendra due though imho 

khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Totally, from the very first scene itself. I had heard a loot about the movie, so finally decided to watch it, assuming it was too over hyped. But the first scene itself was so powerful, all credit to si.vagami. IMO character wise too, her character had lots of shade and growth and was the best conceived character.

opsora2090 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 2 years ago

Bumping this as i have recently again watched bahubali.. nope as per me they both had their own place n powerful  screen presence .

be it devsena or sivgami, apne apne scene mein they killed the screen..

Sense9 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

This content was originally posted by: Krishnapanchali

no i think both sivgami and devsena had their own place  

This!

I loved Shivagami in part 1 and Devasena in part 2. Both ladies held their own and elevated the story/films to a higher level. 

It was quite a treat to watch 2 great actresses take up such roles and do full justice to it.

DriftInfinitely thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Fallen-Embers

I think she overshadowed everybody in the movie, not just Anushka. Prabhas apparently told Rajamouli that she was killing everybody else when she was on the screen.

I'm glad that Sridevi didn't take up the part coz I don't think she would have been able to pull off that kind of a commanding role. I HATED that Rajamouli and the interviewer spoke sh*t about Sri, but maybe they were right. 

What did they say about SriDevi?

Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 4

Both have their characters importance . Ramya nailed it . 

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

For me, both had their own roles, and both nailed it! They were fire on screen!