Frequent Posters

columbia thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Gurveen

Superb update 

Finally they kind of patch up

Please update soon 

they will always kind of patch up only. When personalities clash, there is never a real solution. It’s not like office problems

Relationships work on band aids I feel.

Thank you for commenting in the past few updates 

I hope you continue to regularly comment 

Edited by columbia - 3 years ago
Redflag thumbnail
ICC CWC 2023 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

You have described the wedding rituals very beautifully.

I loved the part where Virat brushes his hand on Sai's feet 

Awesome update dear

Eagerly waiting for next part 

SoIWasSaying thumbnail

Wedding.... Not really my favourite part 🙈🙈

I have always had this thought that wedding need to be intimate thing..... There are always only a handful of ppl that the bride an groom actually know.... And everyone else is always a "??" 

It was super sweet of sai to ask Shivam.... It's like she forgave him for the "guy brand stupidity"!!! 

An quite fact that now both sai and virat are same team... 

Touch an go of virat was also awwee worthy!!

Waiting for wedding to get over now 😁😁

Happy writing!!! ❤️❤️❤️

raji02 thumbnail

finally virat and sai got married. you have described the rituals so beautifully. that little touches and the whispers between the bride and the groom makes it even more special. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Tasu06 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Thank you so much dear Columbia😘❤

I really appreciate your efforts dear😚👌 the marriage rituals are written very beautifully.

Virat not only see Sai he even touched her feet🙈☺️

So fast is Veeru😉🤭

The way you write the wedding  seems i was present there☺️

Beautiful update dear😍love it❤

Eagerly waiting for next part dear🤗

Harinivas thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Just loved how Sai asked Shivam for the 

bandhan ritual. 

I also thought you would end this part with the completion of their wedding

But I think you had already said in previous part that you will be dividing, should have realised this will be long 

Also all the research you are doing behind the rituals. hats off 

I love how he touched her feet 

It’s like a play on “asking for forgiveness” 

And “can’t stay without touching you” 

I felt it was Virat’s way of saying 

“Won’t let anything come between us” 

I loved it. 

I loved how everyone was discussing what happened when he dropped the garland 

So typical 

It really is how it happens in weddings 

All the small small things enjoyed by family and friends who attend 

The rituals belong to the couple 

But the fun moments by everyone 

I love how the bandhan ritual shows that families marry each other 
I am so glad Shivam and Shilpa are going to be so important for them 

I know many have asked already 

But are you planning on getting Shivam and Shilpa  together? would be fun 

CheerlessIM thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Thanks for tagging me 

And sorry for not commenting  

I get so engrossed while reading  every beautiful part of it , but at time of comment I dont get any words to describe what i liked n till then I forget also , and you like long  comments,  so I can't just write beautiful, aur awsome  or nice , that's why I just dropped that idea .

But I really love your story, and I kept waiting for it . Their moments you show , Their feelings when they are hurt or can't talk , their eagerness to meet each other , small gestures  , n in this part , when virat dropped his mala , n touch her feet , n her blush in reaction was🥰🥰 , finally their wedding , ab to har subah sath horlicks piyege 😅😅😅😅

Thanks for giving  this beautiful story ❤

Cont soon

chinnu_kaku thumbnail

Originally posted by: columbia

I have been asking for you since part 20-25 every update I asked where is Ammu? Voh dikhayi nahi diya tumhe. 
I tagged actually those people who are more like new readers who commented not my good old ones re 

Good to see you, please come by 💕❤️💗🙏🏽

sorry raey some how i missed your comments😭.i am going for vacation.will be back after two weeks..will try to peep inside the forum now and then...will read your stories afer two weeks..if possible will try to catch up in between..tc...🤗...

chinnu_kaku thumbnail

Originally posted by: columbia

Thank you all for your comments. Please keep them coming. Had some time to reply to comments. Thank you for your love. 

PART 32B 

At one corner of the terrace, there was the food shamiana and breakfast was being served. There was pohe, the groom’s favorite breakfast item, mini uthapams, the groom’s second favorite item. The one person who wasn’t eating anything was the groom himself, he watched the food table decorated, the fact that she remembered he liked sambhar more than chutney, just made him miss her even more. He was beginning to feel like an idiot. As the women from his family were finishing downstairs and slowly coming upstairs, and the men were having chai and coffee, most asked him whether he ate, but he just nodded as though to say, he did. But actually he didn’t. He had some water and went and sat at the mandap. The priest’s attendant who had done the sankalp puja was informing him that within minutes, antarpat will start. He wanted to ask if Sai will join him for it, but the attendant disappeared and he looked around to check if anyone else could answer him. 

He notices either the terrace has his family, or strangers. He assumes they are from the neighborhood, all eating pohe meant fo him. His father is chatting with her’s, the sofa on which he has slept a few times has made its way to the terrace so that uncle can sit more relaxed. Samrat is chatting with Aniket and some other man, who he doesn’t know at all. Where the hell is Shivam? Ah!, saala is stuffing his mouth with Devyani. Where is his mom, oh there she is Shivani and his mom sprinting up the stairs smiling away. Is Sai behind them? 

Suddenly lots of activity starts, the main priest has arrived and Virat is flanked by his family and he has been made to shift perpendicular on the mandap, he cannot see the entrance of the terrace, but he knows she is here. Music is being played and suddenly there is thin off white silk cloth (antarpat) placed in front of him. The priest has started saying the mantras quite loudly, Virat looks around, his family is behind him grinning. Then he watches Shilpa holding the cloth and on the other side, it’s Shilpa’s mom. He signs at Shilpa to droop it a little, she grins and tries to, but her mother on the other side holds it stiffly and is seen chatting with Usha Mavshi who is standing a bit behind Sai. 

The priest’s attendant while uttering the mantras orders Shilpa by moving his hand palm facing upwards, to raise the cloth. Virat glares at the attendant, who continues the mantras but points to Sai’s feet that are peeping under the cloth, and Virat stares at her feet, looking like the prettiest feet in the whole world, painted toe nails on toes covered with red alta on feet covered with mehendi, if he were to step back a little, and he does, as Shilpa pushes her a little in front, and he can see silver with gold bell anklets resting at the front of her feet. He has a small smile on his face. The groom and the bride are handed garlands, which Virat drops and while picking it up, brushes his hand over her feet from under the antarpat. She feels it, the whole thing happens in a matter of seconds, slight confusion creates small discussion, she can hear voices on the other side of the antarpat, and the same gets repeated on this side. 

“Arre kya hua?” 

“Kuch nahi Kuch nahi” 

“Mala gir gaya tha, usne utha liya”

“Ganda ho gaya kya”

“Dusra leke aaye?”

“Zrurat nahi hai, saaf hi hai” 

“Chote pujari ne ok kar diya hai”

Thank god for this chit chat, as everyone has missed the blush on the bride’s neck and cheeks and the warmth in her heart which surely has happened because of his warm fingertips over her toes. She has a small smile. 

The groom and bride and pushed closer towards the antarpat, the mantras get louder, and now the priest makes both Sai and Virat recite certain Sanskrit prayers, called mangalshtakas. These are prayers to the gods alerting them of the muhurta, as they can now assemble to bless the couple, as the muhurta comes closer, all the people attending the wedding, also come closer to the mandap. And right at the time of the muhurta, 10:23am, the antarpat is removed from between the groom and bride, and they are told to exchange the garlands. Virat and Sai smile at each other. Virat puts the garland and whispers to her and she puts the garland and runs the back of her fingers over his stubble whispering back

“Hi, Just Sai”

“Hi”

There is lot of yelling and hugs and rice (sign of prosperity) being thrown on them. For an outsider, it may seem like the wedding is done, but what is done is only the beginning, the gods have blessed this union, but Hindu scriptures ordain that before the couple can begin life, they must make some promises to each other, families must come together to make the bond stronger, and now that they are husband wife, they must be made aware of the rights and duties they have for each other. 

The bride and groom are now made to sit next to each other, there are only few people left on the mandap with them. The priest has tied a knot between them using parts of their outfits. Virat has his mother, sisters and Shivam. Sai has Shilpa, Shilpa’s mom and Maavshi on her side. The rest - Kamal, Ninaad, Shilpa’s dad, Samrat are seated and near the sofa, very close to the mandap. The rest of the guests are facing the mandap. The priest makes announcements as and when each post wedding ritual begins, as he sets things ready, people from the mandap come and throw rice as they may have missed throwing at the time of muhurat. 

The priest announces 

“Kakana bandhana saathi kaun yenaar aahe?” Who will come forward from the girls side to perform the ritual of the kakana bandhana, literally means bond by the uncles, interpreted as a protective bond that is created around the couple by men from the girls side. When Sai whispers that she has no uncle or brother, the priest tells her, anyone she trusts to protect this union and ward off evil. They will need four people.

As her father, and Shilpa’s father come forward, she calls out to Shilpa and Shivam to join, the priest smiles. Shivam is touched that she thought of him, he looks at Virat with misty eyes, who grins at him back. Shivam steps on to the mandap and touches Sai’s shoulder. She grins at him and pats his hand. Shilpa grins while watching. Ashwini smiles and looks at Ninaad who smiles.

The priest makes them all stand and draw a cotton thread around the couple. They form four corners and pass the thread around the couple. Of course Devyani merrily takes pics. After, the priest, takes the thread and ties it with a turmeric tuber (a small piece of the root) and ties around the bride and the groom. 

The priest then announces Shilpa and Shivam to stay back and light the homam (sacred fire) along with the bride and groom, as this would symbolize the support the bride has as she enters married life. While the four light the homa, 

“Shivam dada aap toh Sai ke party mei chale gaye” Devyani announces 

“Abb Sai aur Virat ki party ek hi hai. Haan, kissi be Sai ko Kuch bola toh khair nahi” Shivam retorts with mock warning.

The priest smiles and continues putting ghee into the fire and starts reciting some mantras and asks the couple to stand up, Shivam and Shilpa step back. 

And this marks the beginning of Saptapadi (7 steps), the ritual where the couple make promises to each other begins. In front of family and friends, Virat holds Sai’s hand and 7 promise are made for each round around the fire.

———

Pls drop a comment 

very beautiful...☺️i am looking forward for shilpa and shivam character.i really want characters shilpa and shivam in our show. if it happens who will play their role?

linakusharberry thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2

finally i read all three updates in a go 

awesome as always 

simply loved it 

iam glad things are going smoothly now

well navra baiko ki beech ka tension aai neh toda cum kiya it seems 

but i can really picturize the entire scene of wedding ceremonies 

you hav reaserched on these rituals quite amazingly , and penned it really beautifully its like i can see their wedding woh bhe live hats off to you ,

i am really enjoying this wedding parts ,each ritual with their exact meaning wow ,

and i really loved it that the trust sai is showing on shivam its like she has accepted him as her brother , 

waiseh shivam aur shilpa ekdum mast a mast jodi banega 

waiting for ur next updates