SAIRAT SS: THE WEEKEND pt33-pg146 - Page 104

Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by chinnu_kaku

appreciation for your research on the rituals.very nice yaar ..you didnt tag me😒.

I have been asking for you since part 20-25 every update I asked where is Ammu? Voh dikhayi nahi diya tumhe. 
I tagged actually those people who are more like new readers who commented not my good old ones re 

Good to see you, please come by 💕❤️💗🙏🏽

Originally posted by Tasu06

Thanks for tagging me dear😇🤗

Beautiful as always😍 i really appreciate the way you have explain us the rituals dear👌❤

Cant wait Virat and Sai drink horlicks together again😉

Lots of love from Mauritius dear Columbia😘❤

Waiting for next update🤗

Wow! Mauritius!! 
and Nina from Sri Lanka
I am glad I did research the rituals 

❤️❤️

Originally posted by rekha_crm

Kallu..... Such a beautiful episode.. 🥳

Loved it to the core from the beginning till the end... And I never wanted it to end. 

All your time spent on research has paid off because its simply amazing to read the rituals and their meanings. 

These rituals are quite similar to South Indian traditions too. 

Coming to the chapter.. 

Virat is feeling guilty for sharing their personal moment.. 

and Shivam is feeling miserable for carelessly commenting on it. 

Loved Ashwini...👍👍even though they knew that Sai had moved in with him, they didn't make her uncomfortable by mentioning to her about it. 

Finally a beautiful convo between Virat and his mother.. ♥️♥️♥️

Ashwini made her son realise that a woman considers her self respect very highly. 

Hope iss Godu ke dimaag me ache ghusa ho.. 😆

Ashwini realised they had fought and her gesture to make it right was highly  commendable. She wants both to enjoy their wedding day. 

Loved the explanation on why the bride and groom don't meet until the wedding. 👍

Shilpa is such a good friend. I believe she handled Sai's emotions so that the bride would be able to enjoy her wedding day.

Virat's better mood lightened Shivam's heart a bit too. He's been sending apologies to Sai.. I can imagine how he would have felt at his own stupidity. 

Am actually loving Samrat who's thoroughly enjoying his brother's wedding. 

ShilVam convo was great too.. (inka koi chance hai kya?) 😆

The rituals have begun.. 

Great that Virat washed his own feet at the Semant puja. 

This tradition is followed in South too, the bride's father washing grooms feet. My grandmother had told us the actual significance of this ritual is that on the wedding day, the Groom is considered as Vishnu and the bride as Lakshmi. That's why this ritual is done. 

But nowadays I guess the original essence of the ritual has been lost and it has become more of a power struggle kind of thing between families. 

So what Virat did is really highly commendable. 👍🏼

Virat's restlessness to see his bride and the teasing by Shilpa's mom and Maushi.. 😆

The description of the terrace decorated for the wedding literally came alive in front of my eyes. 

The sankalp ceremony for groom and his parents.. 

Simultaneously Sai doing Gowri puja.. 💕💕

All the women blessing the bride.. 👍🏼❤️

Loved the teasing and banter of the women. 

And yes, this liveliness is brought by the female energy.. Absolutely loved that point. 

Thoroughly enjoyed reading this beautiful chapter and waiting for the wedding vows. 

PS - I'm glad, I never watched even a single epi of the show. 

Though many more are writing lovely stories, I'm not able to catch up due to lack of time. 

I'm just glad, I read yours and am able to continue. 

pS - I AM HONORED REKHA!! Truly honored, for you to take time to come on the forum just to read this story of mine, I am so touched and really feel special and almost undeserving, now it inspires me to work even more hard on this story for readers like you. Thank you. 

WOW another AWSOME update!!!!!🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩 Wedding is on full swing!!!!🥳🥳🥳🥳

First of all, I'm really really grateful to you for adding all those details about the rituals Kal ❤❤. It meant a lot to me coz it helped me to understand and enjoy those rituals a lot!!! Thank you sooooooo much ..❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤ All those traditions and the importance and sentiments attached to them are so beautiful 😍😍😍. And because of those details I was also able to find one common ritual between our cultures 😁, Semant puja. In our culture it is done by one of the younger brothers/cousin brothers of the bride and groom have to gift a golden ring to that brother after the ritual.

And also I really loved how you have described all about the terrace decorations to the tiniest detail. Felt like I'm seeing it through my own eyes 🤩🤩🤩🤩. Not only decoration details but also the chaotic nature of both houses, mad rushes to finalize details on the last moments.......wah.......it was so realistic and beautiful. I enjoyed it all to the fullest 🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩.

And it really touched my heart when Virat refused to let Kamal touch his feet and did it himself. It not only portrayed his immense respect for his soon to be FIL but also his respect towards traditions despite being a modern guy. And our lover boy is sooooo eager and impatient to see his soon to be baiko 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. I couldn't stop laughing when he said he didn't know about not being able to see her till she comes to the mandap and others were pulling his leg 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Godu and Bodu, match made in heaven 😍😍🤣🤣🤣🤣.

And Ashwini is the best mom and she proved once again that moms know it all. Just seeing Virat's somber mood and his red eyes she was able to guess that her boy was not able to sleep coz he might have had a fight with Sai. I felt sad for Virat (only a little bit 😂😂) when he hugged his mom's waist like a little kid. Just like how we did when we were small, looking for solace and assurance in the warmth of our mothers' embrace.  And the way she handled the situation so that both her son and daughter can enjoy their big day without any uncomfortable feeling between them was soooo beautiful 😍😍😍😍.  And the way she handled the news of them living together prior to the marriage was so mature and understanding. I really really hope now Virat understand the importance of self respect for a girl after what Ashwini told and don't do any stupid careless things in the future. I only hope that Devi won't blabber out anything in front of everyone and Sai will misunderstand Virat again. 

And our Shivam and Shilpa......... Is something brewing between these two?????😉😉😉😉 Another thing I found really funny in this update was how both Virat and Shivam, tough IPS officers were acting like kids 🤣🤣🤣. Virat like a kid looking for mom to console him after doing wrong and Shivam like a kid who got rereprimanded by parents for blabbered out something his parents wanted no one to know in front of relatives 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. But jokes aside, I really appreciate how both of them tried to handle the situation and Shivam kept apologising to Sai. And I think that photo of tying the Mundavlya will be a sweet memory 😍😍😍😍. I really really hope they solve this issue soon and enjoy their big day to the fullest. 

A fabulous job done like always Kal 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻. I'm totally looking forward to the rest of the wedding ceremony 🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩. Fingers crossed 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻.

Happy Writing ❤❤

Edited by Ninabarbie - 3 years ago

Originally posted by columbia

Wow! Mauritius!! 
and Nina from Sri Lanka
I am glad I did research the rituals 

❤️❤️

Kudos and loads of love for all your efforts Kal ❤❤.

Thank you.....💐💐💐💐

Originally posted by Saichintalli

Just went through those comments. Thank you for mentioning, So I am not the only one overthinking... Yup Columbia is a great writer, she might have thought it through, let us wait and watch what's going to happen in the next part, how will Virat realize.

This exchange between you and Harinivas just made me so happy. It’s like so many of commentors understand the story sometimes better than me ❤️🙏🏽

Originally posted by laksh

Comments for Chapter 30

I thought I will first comment on this chapter since I want to keep the suspense alive by not reading the other chapters while commenting on this chapter.

Sorry, I missed these updates. Thanks for tagging me.

Firstly Samrat and his self pity. Hota hai, he never showed interest in Sai. Took her to his parent's place as his fiance but now his brother is already having a haldi function 😂😂.

Don't think he is able to accept it. I don't know if it is envy, it looks like an ego issue to me. Sai na sirf aage bad gayi, uske saath aage bad rahi jiske saath iski competition chalti hai ghar pe.

Like how he asked, when I brought her home, they weren't happy and now happily getting her married to Virat? 

Shows his rivalry more than jealousy to me. Though he probably never loved her, expecting his brother to have informed him that he likes Sai is leading to something. 

Aaww, Mavshi is trying to remove all kind of awkwardness between all of them and Samrat in the simplest way possible, accepting, declaring and treating Samrat as Sai's friend. That's the best way to take it forward. 

Shilpa ko tho paithani aur best friend ka title bhi toh hai.

Tacky matlab gharelu 😂😂

tacky 😂😂 comment for Devi. Lol 😂😂

Waisey, I don't know, Virat Sai ka picture dekh raha tha. Possessive tha ya nahi abt Samrat aplying haldi, I am not able to guess but I doubt so. It was him who noticed Samrat's indifference towards Sai and even before they came home, he felt Samrat only loved Pakhi, so I doubt if he wasn't comfortable while watching the picture. It probably was that he was thinking that if things went well between Samrat and Sai, ne probably wouldn't have got her, he would have lost her even before he met her. The first meet was enough for him to decide that she is the one. 

I don't what to tell about this Virat 😳

The haldi, uttaran Sai pe lagate hain, that was first applied on him, they are doing all these rituals. Samrat might be applying that turmeric but he isn't interested in that but on the hickey? Aisa kyun lag raha tha that he was on cloud nine thinking, kuch bhi lagao (not to samrat, in general) maine pehle hi us par mera chaap chod diya hai. 

Hickey to me looked like a chaap on Sai by Viru 🙈 and he felt proud, something like it's his mark on her and he has marked her his. Is it so? 😳 

Thanks for the updates, I am going to read the next chapter now ❤❤😍

Actually at this point, one cannot say about Virat. He is indifferent about Samrat-Sai connection and one may think his ego makes him feel I am the one with the girl, but then he never behaves that way at all. That’s why Shivani’s words to Samrat - Virat never does a one up thing. 

The hickey thing was genuinely a stupid thing on his side, Virat didn’t really put so much thought into it, I liked Harinivas interpretation, it’s not character flaw, it’s carelessness. 

Originally posted by Blackwind

Loved your description of the wedding rituals as well as the decorations❤️... I am sure you have taken a lot of efforts in these small detailings and its worth it👍🏼  let me applaud you for this👏 so their hearts are heavy just before their marriage😒 looking forward for how they are gonna make-up for this before/after marriage also loved how you used their Horlicks connection here😆

The Horlicks will always be their thing! I like writing couples with a trademark. These two have many, since I think it’s my first couple 

Their sorry,thank you, Horlicks, just Sai, 

Thank you all for your comments. Please keep them coming. Had some time to reply to comments. Thank you for your love. 

PART 32B 

At one corner of the terrace, there was the food shamiana and breakfast was being served. There was pohe, the groom’s favorite breakfast item, mini uthapams, the groom’s second favorite item. The one person who wasn’t eating anything was the groom himself, he watched the food table decorated, the fact that she remembered he liked sambhar more than chutney, just made him miss her even more. He was beginning to feel like an idiot. As the women from his family were finishing downstairs and slowly coming upstairs, and the men were having chai and coffee, most asked him whether he ate, but he just nodded as though to say, he did. But actually he didn’t. He had some water and went and sat at the mandap. The priest’s attendant who had done the sankalp puja was informing him that within minutes, antarpat will start. He wanted to ask if Sai will join him for it, but the attendant disappeared and he looked around to check if anyone else could answer him. 

He notices either the terrace has his family, or strangers. He assumes they are from the neighborhood, all eating pohe meant fo him. His father is chatting with her’s, the sofa on which he has slept a few times has made its way to the terrace so that uncle can sit more relaxed. Samrat is chatting with Aniket and some other man, who he doesn’t know at all. Where the hell is Shivam? Ah!, saala is stuffing his mouth with Devyani. Where is his mom, oh there she is Shivani and his mom sprinting up the stairs smiling away. Is Sai behind them? 

Suddenly lots of activity starts, the main priest has arrived and Virat is flanked by his family and he has been made to shift perpendicular on the mandap, he cannot see the entrance of the terrace, but he knows she is here. Music is being played and suddenly there is thin off white silk cloth (antarpat) placed in front of him. The priest has started saying the mantras quite loudly, Virat looks around, his family is behind him grinning. Then he watches Shilpa holding the cloth and on the other side, it’s Shilpa’s mom. He signs at Shilpa to droop it a little, she grins and tries to, but her mother on the other side holds it stiffly and is seen chatting with Usha Mavshi who is standing a bit behind Sai. 

The priest’s attendant while uttering the mantras orders Shilpa by moving his hand palm facing upwards, to raise the cloth. Virat glares at the attendant, who continues the mantras but points to Sai’s feet that are peeping under the cloth, and Virat stares at her feet, looking like the prettiest feet in the whole world, painted toe nails on toes covered with red alta on feet covered with mehendi, if he were to step back a little, and he does, as Shilpa pushes her a little in front, and he can see silver with gold bell anklets resting at the front of her feet. He has a small smile on his face. The groom and the bride are handed garlands, which Virat drops and while picking it up, brushes his hand over her feet from under the antarpat. She feels it, the whole thing happens in a matter of seconds, slight confusion creates small discussion, she can hear voices on the other side of the antarpat, and the same gets repeated on this side. 

“Arre kya hua?” 

“Kuch nahi Kuch nahi” 

“Mala gir gaya tha, usne utha liya”

“Ganda ho gaya kya”

“Dusra leke aaye?”

“Zrurat nahi hai, saaf hi hai” 

“Chote pujari ne ok kar diya hai”

Thank god for this chit chat, as everyone has missed the blush on the bride’s neck and cheeks and the warmth in her heart which surely has happened because of his warm fingertips over her toes. She has a small smile. 

The groom and bride and pushed closer towards the antarpat, the mantras get louder, and now the priest makes both Sai and Virat recite certain Sanskrit prayers, called mangalshtakas. These are prayers to the gods alerting them of the muhurta, as they can now assemble to bless the couple, as the muhurta comes closer, all the people attending the wedding, also come closer to the mandap. And right at the time of the muhurta, 10:23am, the antarpat is removed from between the groom and bride, and they are told to exchange the garlands. Virat and Sai smile at each other. Virat puts the garland and whispers to her and she puts the garland and runs the back of her fingers over his stubble whispering back

“Hi, Just Sai”

“Hi”

There is lot of yelling and hugs and rice (sign of prosperity) being thrown on them. For an outsider, it may seem like the wedding is done, but what is done is only the beginning, the gods have blessed this union, but Hindu scriptures ordain that before the couple can begin life, they must make some promises to each other, families must come together to make the bond stronger, and now that they are husband wife, they must be made aware of the rights and duties they have for each other. 

The bride and groom are now made to sit next to each other, there are only few people left on the mandap with them. The priest has tied a knot between them using parts of their outfits. Virat has his mother, sisters and Shivam. Sai has Shilpa, Shilpa’s mom and Maavshi on her side. The rest - Kamal, Ninaad, Shilpa’s dad, Samrat are seated and near the sofa, very close to the mandap. The rest of the guests are facing the mandap. The priest makes announcements as and when each post wedding ritual begins, as he sets things ready, people from the mandap come and throw rice as they may have missed throwing at the time of muhurat. 

The priest announces 

“Kakana bandhana saathi kaun yenaar aahe?” Who will come forward from the girls side to perform the ritual of the kakana bandhana, literally means bond by the uncles, interpreted as a protective bond that is created around the couple by men from the girls side. When Sai whispers that she has no uncle or brother, the priest tells her, anyone she trusts to protect this union and ward off evil. They will need four people.

As her father, and Shilpa’s father come forward, she calls out to Shilpa and Shivam to join, the priest smiles. Shivam is touched that she thought of him, he looks at Virat with misty eyes, who grins at him back. Shivam steps on to the mandap and touches Sai’s shoulder. She grins at him and pats his hand. Shilpa grins while watching. Ashwini smiles and looks at Ninaad who smiles.

The priest makes them all stand and draw a cotton thread around the couple. They form four corners and pass the thread around the couple. Of course Devyani merrily takes pics. After, the priest, takes the thread and ties it with a turmeric tuber (a small piece of the root) and ties around the bride and the groom. 

The priest then announces Shilpa and Shivam to stay back and light the homam (sacred fire) along with the bride and groom, as this would symbolize the support the bride has as she enters married life. While the four light the homa, 

“Shivam dada aap toh Sai ke party mei chale gaye” Devyani announces 

“Abb Sai aur Virat ki party ek hi hai. Haan, kissi be Sai ko Kuch bola toh khair nahi” Shivam retorts with mock warning.

The priest smiles and continues putting ghee into the fire and starts reciting some mantras and asks the couple to stand up, Shivam and Shilpa step back. 

And this marks the beginning of Saptapadi (7 steps), the ritual where the couple make promises to each other begins. In front of family and friends, Virat holds Sai’s hand and 7 promise are made for each round around the fire.

———

Pls drop a comment 

Edited by columbia - 3 years ago

Wanted to tag some readers who sometimes come by and since I can only tag 5. I hope to tag everyone who has ever commented by the time I finish the wedding parts 🤪🤪