Originally posted by: tehreemsajid

Fantastic Start

Hope you complete the story

Thank you ❤️

Chejumx thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Chapter 2 - First Impressions

"Right Siddharth", she replied without looking at him. His name didn't really matter to her, only the advantages of being partners with him. And for that to work, she had to pretend to be at least decent with him.

He made himself comfortable on the chair opposite to where she sat. Her chair was a sleek, black, upright chair while his was a simple white one.

He sipped his tea, that Roshni's assistant bought for him, while keenly observing how everything was kept in an orderly fashion. Her files in the drawers stood up straight, she was very peculiar when it came to these things.

She took the files out without messing up her organisational system. 

He tapped on the table with his nails, creating a scratchy, jarring sound while humming. 

Roshni became irritated and grew impatient, as she waited for him to say something. But all she sensed was his never ending gaze on her.

"Great another creepy businessman", she thought. She was used to many businessmen flirting with her, she even caught them staring on many occasions.

So his constant look on her didn't really shock her. He had been smiling so much since he came in, that Roshni was surprised his face wasn't sore yet.

"So are you just going to stare at me, or say something", she muttered loud enough for him to hear.

He diverted his gaze and cleared his throat flinching in his seat.

"So Roshni, tell me a little about yourself", he broke the silence.

She was surprised at his gesture, most businessmen, would dive straight to the deal part, but he was interested in really getting to know her. What was there to say, other than her name?

She curled her fingers up and swiped a strand of her hair behind her ears, she didn't like this question.

"What do you want to know?"

"Anything".

She scratched the back of her neck, why couldn't she answer this one question. If it was the old her, she would've chattered non stop about herself.

"Come on, a successful woman like you, can't even answer one question?", he furrowed his eyebrows.

"Actually Mr.Khurana I would like to skip through the formalities and get to the point, since our companies are facing a crisis", she curved her lips in a cheeky manner.

"Come on, anything.".

She glared at him, she hated being challenged, her defense mechanisms instantly kicked in. What was even left of her to describe?

'Perhaps he was trying something on her', she thought. Maybe he was attempting to flirt just like the other particular businessmen.

"Look Mr.Khurana I don't know about you but I take my work very seriously, this is a business proposal, not some date that you're going to ask me to describe myself. So if we could just cut through the crap and get on with it.", her tone was unbearable.

Siddharth was taken aback, for a while at her cruel outburst. Siddharth sensed the seriousness in her tone, he didn't like people who were so uptight for no reason. He had no tolerance for people who degraded others by using their attitude. What was the need? 

Yes it was a business world, but his view was that, since both companies wanted the same thing, what was the need to be so harsh? He just wanted to get to know his potential co-worker, was that so bad?

He decided to cover it up with a smart reply, "First, its Siddharth, second, I know its not a date, I have a brain you know. Loosen up, I just wanted to know a little bit more about you, we could be potential partners after all", he shrugged. 

She noticed how light hearted he was, how could someone so casual like him, own one of the most efficient company there is. He was often praised in the media, but to her, it didn't seem like there was anything special about him.

"Coning back to the question, tell me about yourself", he crossed his leg on top of the other.

She clenched her jaws, he annoyed her, he didn't seem like the type of person who would take things seriously. And if there was anything she couldn't tolerate, it was people who can't take their work seriously.

She sighed and opened her files ignoring him completely, "As you know, both our companies are financially struggling right now. We are in a risk of facing public embarrassment as well as losing our shares. Of course, the media don't know this yet, so I recommend, before they do, we join..."

"We join hands, become partners, save our companies financially, promote it to media...Tell me something I don't know. I think our mothers have made that clear Ms.Patel. This meeting was for getting to know each other better so we can create a decent working environment for both of us to work in"

Roshni stammered, she didn't know what else to say to him. She was speechless, first he had the audacity to ask her personal questions, and now cut in. No one ever dared to cut her off before. 

How dare he?, she thought. He rudely interrupted her. Was this a joke to him? How could he be so unprofessional?

Although he made a valid point in attempting to create a good communication space, she took it in the wrong way. After all, she was so used to most businessmen hitting on her.

She took a deep breath, and pressed down on the red button beside her desk, "Vicky, get me another coffee, extra strong this time."

This man was making her lose patience is all sorts of ways. "Listen, if you're not going to take this seriously, I suggest you leave. This is a very important deal to me and I cannot tolerate any nuisance when it comes to my business", she tried to sound calm but that wasn't possible when her tone came out so harshly.

"I'm not sure why you're creating a big deal out of this...It makes me question how professional you really are."

"Excuse me"

"All I asked you was a simple question, you didn't need to be so rude about it"

"And I don't want to answer it. Is that so hard to comprehend?"

"Then say that."

"I did"

"In a crap way, yes you did"

"Are you even here for business? Where's your mother? Maybe I should talk to her instead"

He felt insulted, "And maybe I should talk to yours"

"I'm not the one that's behaving like a persistent child"

"God, you sound like my mother. Are you sure you're in your twenties?", he muttered under his breath. 

She bit her lip, to stop herself from retorting. 

"Fine fine. God, you can't even take a joke. I don't know how I'm going to work with you"

Hearing the word joke, triggered her. It brought back unwanted memories from months ago when her heart shattered. 

She thought that was a joke too, but it turned out he really did betray her. Since then, the girl who took everything as a joke disappeared, that wasn't her anymore. She learnt, everything in life had meaning.

She hated how, these things randomly affected her, and then it would go away.

It was an endless cycle. His face appeared in her mind, and all she wanted to was go punch him. When would she learn to let go of this anger? 

"Hellooo?", he snapped his fingers in front of her.

She shook herself, bringing herself back to reality. 

She cleared her throat before speaking, "Since we both know and agree on what's going to happen, I dont see any reason to talk further. I'll send you the paperwork tomorrow and we can discuss it properly then".

"Great. See you tomorrow", he stood up with a jerk.

She got up too as a sign of respect and shook his hand,"Goodbye".

He slightly moved in with the handshake and whispered in her ears, "One piece of advice Ms.Patel, it's not necessary to be so serious all the time, live a little"

She gulped, there was about him that made her nervous. Out of all the people she's met, she has always managed to keep her posture and patience, but when it came to him, in one day itself, he managed to affect both.

And with that he walked to the office exit, his hands buried in his pockets. His words echoed in her ears, who the hell was he to give life advice to her?, she thought.

"Btw, It's Roshni", she yelled behind him.

He turned one last time to her, "You sure are dark for someone whose name is Roshni".

She cringed at the lame joke.

She heard him chuckle at her expressions, did he enjoy irritating her?

Whatever it was, she knew this was going to be an extra long week for her. Her stomach churned, she didn't feel good about this. His shenanigans would be the death of her.

Sorry to disappoint those who thought, their romantic story was going to start straight away -_- both characters have flaws, they can't be perfect ofc. haha Roshni has a very defensive side while Siddharth is too laid back, is this partnership ever going to work out in the future? Who else thought Roshni overreacted? 

Next Chapter - Page 7

Edited by Chejumx - 3 years ago
coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8

Tell me about yourself is a strange thing to ask for in a business meeting.

Edited by coderlady - 3 years ago
coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8

One meeting and he is already under her skin. I'm with her though. Its was a business meeting so his attitude should have been more professional. He questioned her professionalism, but look at his.

Chejumx thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: coderlady

One meeting and he is already under her skin. I'm with her though. Its was a business meeting so his attitude should have been more professional. He questioned her professionalism, but look at his.

Yep, he's very laid back, thank you for reading ❤️

NIALOVE thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail

Awesome story

Continue soon

Waiting for this love story how they fall for each other