Chejumx thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

thank you ❤️

Chejumx thumbnail

Chapter 3 - The Merge 

She went back to studying her files, and answering business related calls, she couldn't help but think about him.

The meeting was one of the most awkward she'd had. She felt challenged, why?

After a long time, she felt frustrated at someone else rather than herself. It worried her, was she really going to let someone have that power over her?

She worked too hard to not give a damn about anyone else other than her or her mom. Then why wasn't she able to get him out of her head?

He captured her attention, the minute she met him. Even the way he sat, stood, said a lot about him. He appeared to be too laid back for her liking.

She consumed the cold icy water on her desk, making her insides relax. There was something about him, that yelled 'bad news' in all sorts of ways.

Was it because he made her feel something after a long time? And thats something she couldn't quite digest.

She took a small recess from her work, and pondered over the company. Her company had been in financial danger for the past month. Their sales were decreasing, their net value figure wasn't looking too good either.

She needed his company, her mom was the one who gave her the idea to merge their companies. But she didn't know the most efficient businessman in London would be such a pain.

After a while of tiring her brain with the details, her phone rang. 

"Hi mom", she greeted.

"Hey sweetheart, I was calling to ask, did you finally meet Mr.Khurana?", her mom sounded impatient.

Roshni got the sudden urge to punch something. As if thinking about him wasn't enough, now talking about him too.

"Yes, and it's good you called me. He's such a headache mom, I don't think it'll be a good idea for our companies to merge. He doesn't look like he's able for it"

After a few seconds of silence, her mom spoke, "Did he reject you?"

"No, it's not like that. He's just, I don't know...annoying", she muttered the last part.

"Oh come on Roshni, since when do you base deals on that? Doesn't matter what type of person he is. It's his company that matters"

She knew her mom was right, but it still irked her. "I know and that's why I told him I'd sent him the paperwork tomorrow, but I just thought of warning you"

"Good, and what's there to warn me about? Siddharth is a pleasure to talk to, frankly I dont get why you find him so annoying."

Roshni gasped, "Wait a second...you know him? Why didn't you tell me? God, mom you could've just done the meeting yourself then, I wouldn't have to deal with him...Wait, how do you know him? You've never mentioned him before."

"Calm down, no need to be so dramatic. I know him because, his mom and me used to be good friends. Simran..ahhh I still remember our school days. The good times. I ran into her a couple of times recently and her son. That's how we met. He's such a good boy, so lively."

Roshni rolled her eyes.

"And as for why I didn't do the meeting myself, everyone knows by now you'll soon be the owner of DD jewellers, it wouldn't look good if I was the one who did it, now would it?"

"I guess so.", she sighed.

"Okay I gotta go, I have to go somewhere. Oh and please don't let this deal slip away just because of your childish tantrums. You can't judge someone quick like this."

"What childish tantrums?!! MOM" 

She immediately bit her tongue after saying that, she just proved her mom's point. 

"Okay whatever bye", she hung up.

Her mom was right, no personal reasons should interfere when it comes to business. This was costing her, her whole company and she was going to do anything to save it.

She prepared the contracts, and the photocopies for the next day. She even sent him a text, using the number given on his file, finalising the time for their meeting. He replied with the 'thumbs up emoji'. 

She re-read through the contract a thousand times to make sure it was perfect. If anyone knew her at all, they'd know she was a perfectionist. 

Her phone buzzed, 'who was it now', she thought.

It was a notification from a news article that read "IS KHURANA JEWELLERS AND DD JEWELLERS WORKING TOGETHER? IS THERE TROUBLE IN PARADISE?"

She cursed the media, why did they have to talk about every little thing possible. 

As she glanced over the details, she realised someone had seen Siddharth entering her office, hence the publicity.

Now they would have to think of a way to get rid of those "trouble in paradise" rumours, if they got to know the companies were having financial issues, it would destroy their images in the media.

Joining the companies, would create a new exciting platform for people to come explore new jewellery. After all, it was human nature to love experiencing and buying new brands.

Hours passed by, until she decided to call it a day. She told Vicky to finalise the time one last time with Siddharth, to which he again answered with an emoji.

'What kind of businessman uses an emoji to communciate for such an important deal?'.

She decided to let the annoyance drain, she would only focus on the advantages for her company. 

She had been more exhausted today than any other day. Sales had also increased a little bit, taking her by surprise.

She slammed the door shut of the house, not caring about the loud noise it made. 

All she wanted to do, was crash into her bed and sleep. But by the looks of the two people chattering in her living room, it didn't seem like she would get any rest soon.

"Oh Roshni's here. Come beta, let me introduce you to Mrs.Khurana", her mom welcomed her in.

Roshni politely nodded at the woman sitting on the sofa. Oh so she was the famous Mrs.Khurana. She wore a pink salwar, and had a grin plastered on her face.

"Hello ma'am..nice to see you"

"What ma'am? Call me aunty. I'm the same age as your mom anyway", she stood up and gave Roshni a small hug.

There was something so calming and peaceful about her tone to Roshni. 

"I invited her over just for a little celebration of our successful deal today"

"Oh", Roshni didnt know what else to say. 

"Yes. I can't tell you how happy I was, when Siddharth told me how well it went. I hope he wasn't too much, I know sometimes he can be a little too energetic"

'A little?' she questioned herself.

DD nudged her arm, signalling her to not say anything controversial.

"No, don't worry Aunty. He was nothing like that. Like he said, it went well", she countered.

"Good to hear that"

"He was actually going to come over, but he is out at the moment for his friend's birthday", she added disappointingly.

"No problem Simran. He can come next time, now that our companies will be merged, we will be meeting a lot more" her mom cheered.

After chatting back and forth, Roshni started missing her bed more until she couldn't take it anymore.

"Anyways, I'm a little tired, I'm going to go to bed, if you don't mind", she didn't want to seem rude in front of her.

"Not at all, in fact I can see on your face, how exhausted you are. You work very hard, I must say"

She took in the compliment and went upstairs to go shower. "Don't forget to eat", her mom shouted on her way up.

Roshni reached her office extra early for the deal, to make sure everything was in place. She took it seriously. 

Her stomach gurgled, as she skipped breakfast this morning. As usual, Vicky gave her, the coffee and cheesecake satisfying half of her hunger.

She paced back and forth in her office, reading the contract once again. Soon, they'd both sign the contract, along with their mothers who were still the rightful owners. 

Then a grand party would be organised, announcing the merge, and she'd have to put on a show again for her company.

Truthfully, she was tired of being fake, but that was what owning a company meant. Fake it, till you make it.

DD barged into her office, wearing a royal blue saree with a turtleneck blouse outlining her slim figure. She carried a red file behind her back.

Roshni was always impressed by how she'd become completely differently in the office. She used to be like this all the time, then recently she changed when she realised her daughter needed her.

Right then, she made a decision to keep her personal and professional lives apart. 

She was Roshni's inspiration, but there were times where Roshni still felt distant to her. She never faltered from her responsibilities, she only wished her daughter wouldn't stay alone like she did.

She snatched the papers from Roshni and scanned through the details.

"I'm proud of you Beta", she expressed.

Roshni beamed, what daughter didn't like when her mom told her she was proud.

It was an emotion that couldn't be replaced by any. 

Half an hour later:

"Ma'am the Khuranas are here, I seated them in the meeting room with refreshments"

"Thanks Vicky, we'll be there".

They marched into the meeting room where Simran and Siddharth were waiting with all their contracts. 

Simran stood up, first greeting DD and then Roshni.

"Hi aunty", Roshni embraced Simran.

They all sat down, while Siddharth gave Roshni a friendly nod.

DD read through the details thoroughly with Simran, and shook hands before signing the papers. 

They passed along the contracts to Roshni and Siddharth to read over and sign.

As Roshni worded the contract to him, he listened attentively, noticing the way she curved her red, plumped lips each time she spoke, biting them at times and releasing it.

He knew he should listen to her words, but her features screamed otherwise. Her captivating sun kissed brown eyes had many emotions running through them, yet her voice didn't have any.

He never examined someone's features so intently before, neither had he met someone so serious, yet had such delicate features.

One of her hands stayed on her hair stopping it from getting in the way while the other pointed to the words on the page. The minute she let go, her glossy, black, luxuriant hair flew in her face covering the contract.

He unknowingly curved his lips blowing cold air onto her hair moving it away, sending shivers down her spine. She was attractive for sure.

Roshni's head shot up at him, meeting with his hard gaze. Why was he looking at her like that?

"Your hair was in the way"

She leaned down from his intimidating look and went back to staring at the paper. 

As she flicked through the pages, Siddharth began tapping on the tables again, dragging his nails along the glass coated table, signalling he was bored.

It tested Roshni's patience. The noise of that irked her brain. 

"Can you stop that? We're in the middle of something important", she mumbled.

"Nope", Siddharth retreated and started doing it louder.

"Are you a child?!! I told you to stop".

"Why would I stop?"

"Because its hurting my ears, idiot".

"Well you hurt my ears, but I'm not telling you to stop now am I?", he sassed.

"Look who's talking, Mr.Chatterbox himself. God what did I do to get stuck with this idiot"

"Listen you, I'm not an idiot first of all and second of all you're not the one who got stuck with me, I am the one who got stuck with you"

"You are such a child"

"And you're a 50 year old woman"

"ENOUGH", their moms screamed at the top of their lungs making them jump in their seats.

There's going to be more SidNi in future chapters. Lol they're both children, aren't they? One hand, Siddharth is annoying her on purpose and then there's Roshni who's being so uptight. 

Also I might or might not be posting an OS on Valentine's Day so look out!

Next Chapter - Page 9

Edited by Chejumx - 3 years ago
coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8

Both love to annoy the other. Roshni does need to relax a little but he needs to be at least professional in their dealings. Both need to change.

Chejumx thumbnail

Originally posted by: coderlady

Both love to annoy the other. Roshni does need to relax a little but he needs to be at least professional in their dealings. Both need to change.

Thank you ❤️ and yes there will be character development in the upcoming chapters 

JiyaNishal thumbnail

Both the updates are awesome