Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Billi_Bangalan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 3 years ago

Dont worry sometimes colleagues also understand because everybody makes mistakes.... Very soon everybody will get over it. You may feel that people will draw joy out of your failure but often this is not so... just accept the boss feedback and move on. This will make you and your team more attentive towards this mistake. And if you feel sad and demoralised find new job.... 

But dont write in online platform. If they see this they might feel bad as well. Like how you are feeling now

SonuKiNagin thumbnail

Originally posted by: mintyblue

So, guys, I'm in a bit of a fix. I messed up this editing project which was rather complex, and the feedback from the client hasn't been pretty. Now what my boss has done is forwarded that entire feedback email to all members of the team, and saying this is an example of what happens when the team's credibility goes for a toss. 

Please do advise/come up with suggestions.

This is what happen when you spend your time in bollywood forum waiting for kareena hrithik milan.  

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Thank you to all those who took out to advise and give some great suggestions. I just want to update you all that I got a call from a startup and have a new job in hand! So I put down my papers and the call went quite well too, because I veered it in a productive direction and made sure to stand my ground. My manager tried to make it into a blame game, but didn't persist as she had news of my resignation by then.

Am really excited about starting afresh in a new role and challenging environment...

Just_Say_Cheese thumbnail

Thank you to all those who took out to advise and give some great suggestions. I just want to update you all that I got a call from a startup and have a new job in hand! So I put down my papers and the call went quite well too, because I veered it in a productive direction and made sure to stand my ground. My manager tried to make it into a blame game, but didn't persist as she had news of my resignation by then.

Am really excited about starting afresh in a new role and challenging environment...

Best of luck🤗and congratulations ❤️

Sharpener thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Yaaaaay

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Congrats & all the best Minty❤️

Maroonporsche thumbnail

That’s awesome sometimes new environments are what’s needed. Especially if the old environment went kaboom 😂 💥 

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Apologize for your mistake and also make sure to add a note for your boss applauding him for his leadership skills -trying to teach the team even if one of the member’s privacy and self respect was at stake.  

About not liking this job and looking for a new one, make it your priority to come up with a workable plan towards it.  Just to let you know, there are too many people in the same boat and before they realize decades would have passed.

pali001 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

So, guys, I'm in a bit of a fix. I messed up this editing project which was rather complex, and the feedback from the client hasn't been pretty. Now what my boss has done is forwarded that entire feedback email to all members of the team, and saying this is an example of what happens when the team's credibility goes for a toss. She's even kept a call to discuss this issue for all team members (not just me). I'm not sure how I should handle this? Can any of you come up with some good ideas as to how I can save face and what I can say to dilute the situation?

Also, let me mention here that this work is boring and tedious af and I'm trying to find a new job. 

Please do advise/come up with suggestions.

this is slightly bordering on public humiliation.  It will be over soon , maybe you can discuss in private with your manager if it was needed sometime in the future ..: maybe in an exit interview?

it’s not that of a fatal mistake either ... ur boss could have had ur back .

there nothing unfortunately you can do other than just lie low ... make whatever move you think is best when you are less or not anxious about this anymore.

I had similar situation when I was younger ... I quit my job . Fortunately for me I had 3 months of notice period , I found something at the tail end . So , try not to quit before you find something else.

On a lighter note : The higher threshold you have for shame , the more successful you will be in life ! 

Edited by pali001 - 3 years ago
pali001 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Oh congrats !  New Beginnings just about at right time when u needed it. All the best...