Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: jeetuji

I dontthink  kapoors have grown with it, atleast with the typical indian meals

What's a typical indian meal?

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: jeetuji

Because in modern India it is a taboo to eat meat, people are getting killed for eating beef

So Indian ancestors have been eating meat for centuries, but just coz "modern" India doesn't eat it and people get killed for beef it's "not Indian?"

So Muslims and christians are not Indians? 

You're talking about vegetarians, not Indians. 
Why lump the 2 as one and exclusive? You do know India is made up of a diverse group of people? This logic sounds as absurd to me as "if you don't sound like Appu from Simpson's you're not Indian" 

Edited by desigal90 - 3 years ago
Agni_Jytsona thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: desigal90

So Indian ancestors have been eating meat for centuries, but just coz "modern" India doesn't eat it and people get killed for beef it's "not Indian?"

Why lump the 2 as one and exclusive? You do know India is made up of a diverse group of people? This logic sounds as absurd to me as "if you don't sound like Appu from Simpson's you're not Indian" 

Even hindus have been eating meat from time immersion all the king and warriors did. Chicken egg and fish constitutent major Indian foodd even today 

I am hindu and chicken biryani is my favourite food đŸ˜†

I guess it varies from person to person the choice of what they eat doesn't makes one any less Indian or any less hindu  then the other 

Originally posted by: desigal90

But Indians do behave that way, remember when Rishi Kapoor said he eats beef, everyone turned against him and he even received death threats.

Lulzbolly thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Who gives a fook? I am an Indian and I can say without a shred of doubt that Pakistani non veg cuisine is wayyy better than Indian non veg cuisine. Also, their girls are much nicer than Indian girls both external and internal.

Originally posted by: Lulzbolly

Who gives a fook? I am an Indian and I can say without a shred of doubt that Pakistani non veg cuisine is wayyy better than Indian non veg cuisine. Also, their girls are much nicer than Indian girls both external and internal.

I dont think you even know the variety of Muslim and Christian Indian foods in India, it's way more variety then Pakistani and better. I am shocked at how uneducated Indians are about their own cusines, I mean Kerala Non Veg is one of the best in all of South Asia, but not sure why no one knows about it

Also I have lived in Dubai, Ate from dozens of Pakistanis Restaurants. Their food for the most part is exactly same as Muslim food from Delhi and UP, in fact it was people from Delhi/UP who went there in 1947 and took their food with them. Prior to 1947, Pakistan side did not eat foods like Briyani, Nihari, Haleem etcc... 

The Peshawari food in Pakistan is good, I agree, but that is related to Afghan/Central Asian cuisine because Peshawar borders them, it is much less Desi

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

All these nepo families are so obsessed with being westernized 

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Most of the dishes mentioned here are desi dishes

The Kapoors on Diwali dinners and being foodies

The festival — for Randhir, Rishi and Rajiv Kapoor — is an occasion to celebrate good food

George Bernard Shaw said, “There is no love sincerer than the love of food.” And who can prove that better than Bollywood’s first family — the Kapoors, with their famed love for good food and fine whisky? 

All Kapoors are foodies
Randhir: The entire Kapoor family just loves food — you can tell from our sizes. It’s a family of foodies — from my great grandfather, to my grandfather to my dad, to my uncles, to my brothers, and it includes my children, Karisma and Kareena. Of course, Karisma and Kareena are fit because they exercise, while we don’t.
Rishi: All the Kapoors are true foodies.
Rajiv: During breakfast, we discuss what we are going to eat for lunch. Our conversations are always peppered with talk about which dish is good at a particular restaurant, which restaurant we will visit next and which eatery serves the best food. Besides work, food is a major topic of discussion among all of us, whether we are on holiday, at home or in the office. 

The love for food has been inherited
Randhir: We are originally from Peshawar, in north-west Pakistan. We are Hindu Peshawaris and we have a tremendous weakness for food.
Rajiv: My dada and my nana were both major foodies. Therefore, being a foodie is in our genes... it runs in our blood. When my grandfather (Prithviraj Kapoor) was on a diet, he would eat his diet food and then follow it up with regular food. But now, we are more health conscious. At least I try to exercise away what I eat. 

Food is synonymous to non-veg fare
Randhir: We are basically carnivorous. I don’t mind eating vegetarian food, but it depends on my mood and it should be well-cooked and tasty. 
Rishi: Yes, we connect food to non-vegetarian food. I love eggs too, I like them akoori style, which was also my dad’s (Raj Kapoor’s) favourite. I also like vegetarian dishes like Palak Paneer, Baingan Bharta and Yellow Tadka Dal.
Rajiv: We all connect food with non-vegetarian food. But during the Navratras or Ganpati, I fancy vegetarian food. I also make a conscious effort to eat one vegetarian meal a day, since too much meat can prove to be bad for your health. I actually enjoy eating anything that swims, which is why I like seafood a lot. I love eating crab. Fish and prawns are also my favourites. I do not dig lobsters though. 

Diwali dinner
Randhir: We no longer have Diwali parties, like we did earlier. But we are a very close-knit family so we do meet and greet each other during Diwali.
Rishi: During Diwali, we would go to Chembur to exchange greetings. A puja would be held in the house and we would get shagun. A lavish non-vegetarian spread would be laid out and we would light firecrackers. The party would end the next day after breakfast!
Rajiv: My dad never believed in having vegetarian food on Diwali. But we would eat vegetarian food on Maha Shivratri and Janmashtami.

Mom is the best
Randhir: If there is a party at RK (Studios), the food, mostly non-vegetarian, is always made at home. We are very fortunate to have good cooks. I guess we have an eye and taste for cuisine. I like the Meat Pulao my mother makes. I enjoy everything she cooks. 
Rishi: I love the Yakhni Pulao my mother prepares, Khatti Dal and Fish Fry. I love eating at mom’s house.
Rajiv: My mom has always been a wonderful host. At an RK party, she would go from person to person, to see whether everyone was eating well. The food at the party would comprise Payas, Meat Pulao, Chicken Curry, Mutton Curry, Fish Curry and Fried Fish. My cousins and friends would look forward to eating at our place. Before coming over, they would deliberately stay hungry so that they could enjoy the food made at our home.

Favourite dishes
Randhir: My grandfather (Prithiviraj Kapoor) and father’s (Raj Kapoor) favourite dish was Yakhni Pulao. My daughter Karisma loves Fish Curry and rice while Kareena loves all kinds of cuisines, but has turned vegetarian for the last couple of years. She is very fond of Chinese food. In fact, all of us share a preference for Chinese food though Rishi Kapoor also likes Japanese.
Rishi: Chinese is indeed my favourite cuisine and I also enjoy Japanese fare.
Rajiv: My dad (Raj Kapoor) loved Khichdi. In fact, it’s my favourite food to date. People have it when they are unwell, but I can eat it any time. I mix it with chicken/mutton curry and curds. 

Favourite drinks
Randhir: Johnny Walker, Black Label whisky.
Rishi: Black Label whisky.
Rajiv: Whisky and beer. No white drinks; I like malts. 

Life without food is…
Randhir: We live to eat; not eat to live.
Rishi: Like a black and white movie. Our lives would be colourless.
Rajiv: Non-existent. I eat whatever is kept on the table. We have been taught to respect food. Never keep food waiting on the table. 

YoursTrulyOne thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Did you sneek peak in their kitchen to smell what they are cooking ?? 

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

All these nepo families are so obsessed with being westernized 

You mean paya, nihari, biryani are western dishes? Since when? Coz that's what the TM is talking about.