Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HearMeRoar thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: cutejodikangal

So?They also used to sacrifice animals on the yagas and yagnas and cook that meat and distribute as a divine offering. In those times the vegetation was still an evolving concept and man mostly, if not completely, depended on meat to meet his food requirements. There have been thousands of years that have passed and man has evolved in his eating habits from then to now, for one meat is no more used as a divine offering(prasadam). While there are some Brahmins who have opted to go for meat, a majority of them still stick to vegetarian diet. 

OT: Eating habits are a very personal thing and should not be a discussion point, but what do I know. ;/

Actually, no. Those were agrarian times.

My response was to the OP claiming eating meat is not Indian. I'm stating eating meat is very much an Indian tradition, including for brahmans.

What you said in fact supports it. Eating habits of a society evolve. Part of the evolution seems to be a return to eating meat. So?

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Actually, no. Those were agrarian times.

My response was to the OP claiming eating meat is not Indian. I'm stating eating meat is very much an Indian tradition, including for brahmans.

What you said in fact supports it. Eating habits of a society evolve. Part of the evolution seems to be a return to eating meat. So?

Evolution means going back to the stone age?Not saying eating meat is  stone age thing. Evolution means letting people eat what they like without judging. We should at least aim to get there.

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Evolution means going back to the stone age?Not saying eating meat is  stone age thing. Evolution means letting people eat what they like without judging. We should at least aim to get there.

Sorry. Bud. You're  saying exactly that. That eating meat is a Stone Age thing. For one, the Vedas and epics are Iron Age, not Stone. For another, your "I didn't mean what I just meant " claim doesn't work. 

You're judging people for what they eat while claiming not to. 

*I* am saying eating meat has been Indian and still seems to be.

At the same time, when I made a statement against the OP's food bigotry, you are actually attacking THAT instead of the bigotry. 

Edited by HearMeRoar - 3 years ago
loginidran thumbnail

Sorry. Bud. You're  saying exactly that. That eating meat is a Stone Age thing. For one, the Vedas and epics are Iron Age, not Stone. For another, I didn't mean what I just meant doesn't work. 

You're judging people for what they eat while claiming not to. *I* am saying. Eating meat has been Indian and still seems to be.

At the same time, when I made a statement against the OP's food bigotry, you are actually attacking THAT instead of the bigotry. 

Hain? You are the one who said evolving means going back to eating meat.Now whatever that means.๐Ÿ˜† From my first post onwards I maintained I have no comments on the OP. What are you even saying? Vegetation is part of evolution and a group of people moving away from eating meat is also a part of evolution as in they were able to make a choice for themselves. I am not saying it. It is all right there for everyone to see. You are the one who said going back to eating meat is evolution.  

Eating meat or not is a choice and I said we should aim at evolving to a place where it shouldnโ€™t even be a point of discussion. Now where did you see the โ€˜judgementโ€™ there? ๐Ÿค”

Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

Which Kapoor are we talking about? Just because they like meat it doesn't mean they don't like Indian food. Ranbir and Kareena love Indian food. I can't imagine the others not loving it. 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Hain? You are the one who said evolving means going back to eating meat.Now whatever that means.๐Ÿ˜† From my first post onwards I maintained I have no comments on the OP. What are you even saying? Vegetation is part of evolution and a group of people moving away from eating meat is also a part of evolution as in they were able to make a choice for themselves. I am not saying it. It is all right there for everyone to see. You are the one who said going back to eating meat is evolution.  

Eating meat or not is a choice and I said we should aim at evolving to a place where it shouldnโ€™t even be a point of discussion. Now where did you see the โ€˜judgementโ€™ there? ๐Ÿค”

You chose to comment on my post by claiming that eating meat is going backnto Stone Age and then claimed that's not what you meant. 

Then, at the end of each post you added a disclaimer that you were for not judging people on what they eat ๐Ÿ˜†.

Yet, you're continuing to argue with me about ancient Indians eating meat which is actually a factual statement against the OP's bigotry while somehow claiming the higher ground?๐Ÿ˜† Talk about twisting yourself into a jalebi!

And no, vegetarianism is not evolution. ๐Ÿ˜† There is a diff between human evolution and evolving food choices. Nuances to the same word, ya know.. Vegetarians and vegans are at the same evolutionary level as the rest. Not anything superior. And ancient brahmanas were served pork meat while India was an agrarian society, not hunter gatherer.

No point in debating someone who does so from a place of bad faith. So ciao.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 3 years ago

So?They also used to sacrifice animals on the yagas and yagnas and cook that meat and distribute as a divine offering. In those times the vegetation was still an evolving concept and man mostly, if not completely, depended on meat to meet his food requirements. There have been thousands of years that have passed and man has evolved in his eating habits from then to now, for one meat is no more used as a divine offering(prasadam). While there are some Brahmins who have opted to go for meat, a majority of them still stick to vegetarian diet. 

OT: Eating habits are a very personal thing and should not be a discussion point, but what do I know. ;/

The ancestors of Indians were all huge meat eaters, just yesterday there was a paper that was published regarding Indus valley folks, they use to eat huge amounts of beef, pork, lamb

Also even in early hinduism, a lot of these epics took place way up north near kashmir, with cold climates, people have always eaten meats there

loginidran thumbnail

You chose to comment on my post by claiming that eating meat is going backnto Stone Age and then claimed that's not what you meant. 

Then, at the end of each post you added a disclaimer that you were for not judging people on what they eat ๐Ÿ˜†.

Yet, you're continuing to argue with me about ancient Indians eating meat which is actually a factual statement against the OP's bigotry while somehow claiming the higher ground?๐Ÿ˜† Talk about twisting yourself into a jalebi!

And no, vegetarianism is not evolution. ๐Ÿ˜† There is a diff between human evolution and evolving food choices. Nuances to the same word, ya know.. Vegetarians and vegans are at the same evolutionary level as the rest. Not anything superior. And ancient brahmanas were served pork meat while India was an agrarian society, not hunter gatherer.

No point in debating someone who does so from a place of bad faith. So ciao.

Good. Because you arenโ€™t debating but making one personal attack after another, name calling and what not and clearly not capable of presenting your argument without any of it.  

Best๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Originally posted by: Rhimjhimsawan

๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

Which Kapoor are we talking about? Just because they like meat it doesn't mean they don't like Indian food. Ranbir and Kareena love Indian food. I can't imagine the others not loving it. 

Mostly the older generations but including Ranbir, he does not like any veggie Indian food, the meats one he prefers is things Beef/Mutton Nihari, Paya etc...

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: jeetuji

Mostly the older generations but including Ranbir, he does not like any veggie Indian food, the meats one he prefers is things Beef/Mutton Nihari, Paya etc...

So just because ranbir prefers non veg over veg he does not likes Indian food. That such an absurd logic

According to his interview s his favourite food is jungli mutton and paratha

And his comfort food is egg burji and paratha. 

I am definitely sure that all these are Indian foods 

Indian have always consisted both vegetarian and Non vegetarian since time immemorial. You can find meat eating people in Mahabharata itself so 

What do you think pandavas panchali ate while in exile only fruits?!??!? 

The fact that meat eaters are not Indian is absurd logic 

Edited by Krishnapanchali - 3 years ago