Posted: 3 years ago

Kapoor family to me is the most westernized family in Bollywood, Right from the early days of Raj Kapoor. People like Shammi and Shashi kapoor were totally white/British in a way

I have been going through all their interviews over the years, one thing I found is they were and are heavy meat eaters (including beef) unlike 90% of Hindu Indians, and a lot of them didn't like typical Indian spicy and veggie food. They were mostly in to western foods like Burgers, Steaks, Sausages etc.... or Peshawari food, which is similar to heavy meat cuisines of central asia/afghanistan

I saw few interviews where Randhir and RIshi were making faces when they wwere offered some Indian veggie food, and I don't think they even ever saw any south Indian food.

There was a interview of Shammi Kapoor where he said he use to take Beef Sausages with him for his yatra's to his Baba ji's Ashram, his Baba didn't like his meat/beef eating habits.

Edited by jeetuji - 3 years ago

Ranbir is Dal Chawal guy as per his mother..

Originally posted by nema123

Ranbir is Dal Chawal guy as per his mother..

no he is not, he eats mostly meats (red meats)

This is quite funny. Rishi/Randhir remind me of this uncle I know who is always leaving dinners tipsy (where people need to help keep him upright), big fan of patte khelna and gambling big, aur har meal mein meat toh hona hi chahiye. Despite Westernised meal preferences, I’ve actually thought these guys are the most desi at heart. And I mean that in more ways than one. I.e. The desi mentality of women not working after marriage.

Now when it comes to Ranbir - I really do think he’s a wannabe white boy at heart.😆

So anything meat is considered not Indian? Wow, chicken tikka or tandoori chicken just got kicked outta the Indian food category. 

Originally posted by desigal90

So anything meat is considered not Indian? Wow, chicken tikka or tandoori chicken just got kicked outta the Indian food category. 

they dont eat chicken, mostly red meats and no I dont think they like tandoori or tikka

Originally posted by jeetuji

they dont eat chicken, mostly red meats and no I dont think they like tandoori or tikka, in desi they only prefer the heavy meat beef/muttom items like Paya and Nihari

You do realize Yudhishtira serving pork to brahmanas is mentioned in Mahabharata? 

Also that potato was introduced to India in the 1700s by the Portuguese? Is that not Indian now?

Or is it that Kapoor eating habits do not conform to the social restrictions set by a certain section of the political spectrum?

Originally posted by HearMeRoar

You do realize Yudhishtira serving pork to brahmanas is mentioned in Mahabharata? 

So?They also used to sacrifice animals on the yagas and yagnas and cook that meat and distribute as a divine offering. In those times the vegetation was still an evolving concept and man mostly, if not completely, depended on meat to meet his food requirements. There have been thousands of years that have passed and man has evolved in his eating habits from then to now, for one meat is no more used as a divine offering(prasadam). While there are some Brahmins who have opted to go for meat, a majority of them still stick to vegetarian diet. 

OT: Eating habits are a very personal thing and should not be a discussion point, but what do I know. ;/

Edited by cutejodikangal - 3 years ago