Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Story of the Decade | Chapter 13 by Bhavisweet03 | Pg 51

loquacious_soul thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

The Story of the Decade is finally here. This story will be a collab between several writers who are coming together to celebrate a decade of our show. Do read and join in the celebration of the phenomenal show that has touched all of our hearts.

Also writers who want to join in the writing squad can go to the below link and post your availability.

Story of the Decade *Inviting all IPK writers*

Chapter 1

"Please welcome onstage Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada, owner of AR Designs, the most prestigious fashion house in India.

Arnav walked down the ramp wearing a black Armani suit, his face expressionless but his eyes alert as ever. He looked around seeing the swarm of cameras and pouncing journalists, all eager to get a glimpse of the most talked about event of the year. AR has completed 6 years and to mark its 6th anniversary, a special fashion show highlighting all of AR's best work has been organized.  He took the mike from the host and spoke.

"This day is very special for me as today was the day when a mere idea had given me the purpose of my life. The success of AR is attributed to all of its employees who work really hard to keep our standards up to the mark. Keep working hard all of you so that, we can take AR to even greater heights. Establishing AR would not have been possible without the immense support of my brother Mr. Akash Singh Raizada.

Akash heard his name and walked the ramp and stood beside his brother. AR was the only place where he could actually see his brother express any emotion even if it is always anger or frustration. He looked around and saw a sea of people waiting to see what he and his brother have achieved in the last 6 years. All of their hard work has finally come to fruition.

"My brother is being humble as always. If not for his immense hard work and determination AR wouldn't have reached where it is today. I dedicate this fashion show to him and to all those who have contributed in its success."

As soon as Akash declared the fashion show open, the flames of the fire-shot which were a part of the theatrical effect of the show erupted from the edges of the ramp. Akash looked around shocked and turned to see that his brother had turned rigid, his eyes unfocused and sweat beads started forming on his face. Akash panicked seeing his brother and hurriedly asked the control room to turn off the lights around the ramp. He dragged a hyperventilating Arnav backstage. The moment they were out of sight Akash took him to a nearby room.

"Maa...Dad...  Arnav screamed and swayed. Akash looked at his brother and was reminded of the horrors of the night which had changed their lives 14 years ago. He had to be strong for his brother; he cannot let those memories engulf him right now. 

She was running on the deserted road, constantly looking back to see if he was still following her. She kept running, her legs ached and there were scratches all over her body. She suddenly felt someone grasp her elbow and pull her back harshly. She struggled to free herself from his clutches. But one look into his eyes and she knew she had failed to escape once again. Her possessive and psychopathic husband, Shyam Manohar Jha had once again snatched her freedom from her. Mustering up all her remaining strength, Khushi Jha nee Gupta wrenched herself out of his vice-like grip. His head hit the stones on the side of the road as she pushed him and he lost consciousness. Khushi ran away from him, without looking back as this was her only chance to save herself from destruction.  

Khushi reached the main road and was still running fearing he might still be following her. As she was running, a car came rushing towards her and its headlights blinded her. Before the driver could break the car, she felt two dainty arms pull her out of the cars' path. Khushi, who by now was completely terrified, looked up at the face of the angel who saved her.

"Please save me ma'am,he is following me. I don't want to go back to him. Please take me where he cannot find me and harm me."

Khushi pleaded with tears flowing on her pale cheeks. She was badly injured while struggling to free herself from him. She continued to plead and eventually she fainted owing to all the fear and exhaustion. Payal Singh Raizada looked at the petite girl who was clutching on to her as if her life depended on it. She called her driver and asked him to help her get the girl into her car. She caressed her hair as she asked the driver to take them to the nearest hospital.

Payal was in the sitting area ofthe hospital, waiting for the doctor to come and tell her about the girl's condition when suddenly her phone rang.

"Payal where are you?"

"Akash, I am at City Hospital."

"What...Why?"

"I will explain it to you when I come back."

"Are you okay?"

"Yes I am fine. Don't worry."

She disconnected the phone as the doctor came out. She looked intently at the doctor.

"Dr. Singh is she okay? " Payal asked worriedly.

"Mrs. Raizada, she is not in any immediate danger but she is bruised pretty bad. Her arms and legs show signs of struggle and she is very fragile at the moment. We have given her a sedative, she should be conscious in about two to three hours." Dr. Singh explained.

Payal went into Khushi's room and sat beside her. She looked at her pale face which had a frown even when she was unconscious as if she was scared someone might harm her.  Her motherly instincts kicked in and she started patting Khushi's head lightly. Payal could not help but feel sad for this stranger looking at all the bruises on her arms, feet and forehead. Suddenly she remembered Khushi asking her to save her from someone. Thinking on the details she had just found out, Payal concluded that Khushi was about to be assaulted and her heart instantly went out to the poor girl who lay in front of her. She decided to take Khushi with her when she woke up till she found out what had happened with her.  She went out of the room and decided to call Akash to inform him about her decision.

"Hello Akash can you please tell HP to clean the guest room that is next to our room?"

"Actually I am still at the hotel Payal, the fashion show is not over yet. I had called you earlier because you hadn't reached the venue even after you called to tell me you were on your way." Akash explained.

"I am so sorry Akash; I should have been there with you and Bhai. Actually I had stopped to buy a bouquet on the way and I saw a girl about to be hit by a car. So, I ran to save her and she fainted and I brought her here."  Payal said, hoping Akash would understand.

"Oh God. Is she okay now?"

"Yes she is fine, I am taking her home in a while, she looks like she could use some rest and care. We will inform her family once she gets better."

"Absolutely Payal, you should take her home. I will come back as soon as I can. You stay safe and call me if you need anything."

"Yes Akash, you take care too."  Payal smiled, her husband was definitely the sweetest guy in the world.

Akash hung up and looked sideways to see his brother leaning back on his chair with his eyes closed. His hands still trembling as an after-effect of his panic attack. To an outsider it would look like he was tired because of the show but he knew what was going on in his brother's over active mind. He was fighting for a sense of calm and control which would not come easily. He knew his brother will go back into his shell and avoid him for some time as he doesn't like to be weak and helpless. He kept a hand on his shoulder and Arnav looked at him, his eyes narrowed indicating he was not liking the disturbance.

"Bhai are you okay now? " Akash asked hesitatingly.

"I am fine Akash; you don't need to ask me that every 10 minutes. I am not a kid who you need to mollycoddle. Go and check if everything is ready for the finale."  Arnav dismissed Akash.

That was typical of his brother; he would resort to anger whenever anyone tries to take care of him. Akash shook his head and left backstage to save himself from another round of death glares. 

As soon as Akash left, Arnav held his head in hands and took deep breaths trying to calm the raging storm of emotions that was rumbling in his heart. He got up from his seat and went outside the hall to get some fresh air. He paced around in the garden that was just outside the banquet hall. With every passing moment he was getting sucked into the vortex of his past and he struggled to pull himself out of it. He had once again fallen prey to his fear and let his mask slip off that too in front of his brother. He kicked the bench next to him, trying to vent out his anger which was directed at no one but himself. He hated those weak moments where he becomes the 14 year old helpless Arnav, who had no control over his own life. Arnav sat down on the bench and held his trembling hand in the other, shook it violently to stop the trembles. Taking deep breaths again, he calmed down. 

Akash stood at the door of the hall, watching his brother fight his demons. He felt helpless as he could do nothing but watch. If he went to console him, he knew his brother's anger will erupt like a volcano which would eventually lead to a fight. He stepped into the garden and offered Arnav the bottle of water he had brought with him. A baffled Arnav tried to mask his turmoil but looking at Akash's neutral face he concluded that he hadn't witnessed his outburst.

"Bhai, we should get back home. It's late."

"The show is not finished yet. How can we leave?"

"Bhai, the show is done and I have greeted every client on your behalf. So I think we can call it a day now."  Akash urged.

Arnav wanted nothing but to go home and retire for the night. His head ached due to the fatigue of working throughout the day and the added onslaught of emotions. He nodded at Akash and started walking towards the parking lot. Akash ran to catch up with his brother and offered to drive but Arnav dismissed him with a stern glance.

Khushi woke up in an unfamiliar room. She looked around; her eyes alert and body ready to pounce at the first sight of danger. Taking in the details of the room, she realized she was in a hospital and a drip was attached to her wrist. Suddenly the incidents of the evening flashed in front of her eyes. She tried to get up from the bed to run as she thought Shyam might have brought her here. As she was about to step down Payal entered the room.

"Please take rest, you are really weak. Doctor has asked you to avoid straining yourself as the bruises need time to heal"

"Who are you and what am I doing here?"  Khushi asked, scared.

"Don't be scared, I brought you here. You were about to be hit by a car and I happened to be right there so I saved you."  Payal explained trying to sound as convincing as possible.

Khushi looked at the woman standing in front of her. She was wearing a beautiful black sari and looked like she was dressed to attend some party. Khushi remembered asking her to rescue her and she hung her feeling embarrassed at having troubled her.

"I am really sorry. I have troubled you a lot."

"You don't have to apologize..."

"Khushi, my name is Khushi."

"Khushi don't worry,you will get better soon."

"Thank you so much for saving me tonight ma'am."  Khushi said.

"Please call me Payal. Ma'am makes me feel like some old lady." Payal joked trying to reduce the awkwardness that hung in the room.

"Doctor said that you can go home now. But if you don't mind I would like it if you would come to my place today. It's already very late; we will inform your family in the morning.You can go home once you feel better."

"No Payal ji, I cannot come with you. You have already done so much for me. I will manage everything." Khushi tried to convince Payal.

"Please Khushi I insist, look at yourself, you can barely walk. Also I know about the medicines and ointments and it would be difficult for you to manage it all by yourself."  Payal requested.

Khushi thought for a moment, she had nowhere to go right now and the hospital wouldn't keep her for long. She couldn't go back to Shyam's place, the house which gave her nothing but bitter memories and terrible scars. She was left with no choice but she promised herself that as soon as she heals, she will leave. Khushi nodded and Payal gently patted her cheek. Khushi returned a weak smile, trying to hide her turmoil.

Akash and Arnav walked in the house to find Payal sitting on the couch in the living room waiting for them. She greeted them with a smile but her smile faltered as soon as she saw Arnav's face. She looked at Akash who simply blinked and nodded a NO. Arnav gave her a curt nod and went upstairs to his room.

"What happened to Bhai? He looks upset." Payal inquired.

"Payal, there was an incident today. We were on the ramp and the fire-shots ignited right next to him. I somehow managed to bring him backstage but it was too late. Akash explained

"You mean he suffered another panic attack? Why didn't you tell me Akash?"  Payal almost yelled.

Akash looked at his wife, who was pacing around the hall, worried sick about her brother-in-law. Payal considers Arnav as her own brother, after all he was the one because of whom she had met Akash. Akash knew Arnav never acknowledges it but somewhere he knows his brother cares for her and that is what makes Payal do everything to strengthen their relationship.

"Akash, he didn't get hurt though right? Did anyone see him? " Payal asked worriedly

"No Payal, I took him out on time. Don't worry he will be fine"

"And what about you Akash? It must have been equally difficult for you."  Payal said cupping Akash's cheek

"His pain is way more than mine. I was just 8 years old Payal. He didn't let me see it, all I remember of that moment is Bhai yelling at me and telling me not to open my eyes. I can still hear their screams every time. I wish I could lessen his pain Payal. He protected me that night and he still does. He has been both Maa and Dad for me. What should I do Payal?"  Akash said, tears brimming in his eyes.

Payal hugged him close trying to soothe his pain. These two brothers were similar yet so different and she loved both of them. She had found a family in them which she never had. She pulled him out of her embrace and kissed his forehead silently telling him she was here for him. Akash got up and both of them retired to their room.

Arnav woke up in the middle of thenight, feeling thirsty. He groaned as he saw the jug was empty. He kicked off his comforter and walked downstairs to the kitchen to fetch water. As he was returning back, he heard noises from the other end of the corridor, he followed the noise which seemed to be coming from one of the rooms. He entered the guest bedroom and saw the comforter moving but couldn't see clearly due to darkness,so he switched on the lights.

"Please let me go. I haven't done anything. Please don't hit me. Please I am sorry I won't do it again."

Arnav saw a petite woman writhing under the comforter while chanting the same sentence over and over again. Her face was covered with beads of sweat and she was shivering violently. He stood there watching her plead. Her every plea was filled with so much pain, he felt something painfully twist within him. For the first time in 14 years, he was feeling something other than anger. He put a hand on her shoulder and shook her to break her sleep so that she could wake up and know she was okay. As soon as he touched her writhing subsided and she slowly started waking up. Khushi opened her eyes and wiped the sweat off her forehead and that is when she noticed a hand on her shoulder. She gasped and recoiled away from the foreign touch

"Please don't hurt me.I swear I haven't done anything." She pleaded again.

Arnav again tried to calm her down but she moved away when he tried to calm her down. He moved back and stood near the side table and offered her a glass of water. She hesitantly took it from his hands trying not to touch his hand. She looked up to thank him but all her words died in her mouth when she saw a pair of chocolate brown eyes staring ather.  She simply looked at him and said nothing.

"Please go back to sleep. I think you were having a nightmare. I will keep the side table lamp on. It will help you fall asleep."

Saying this Arnav went out of theroom leaving a numb Khushi behind. Arnav closed the door of his room and slipped into his bed. He tossed and turned but every time he was about to fall asleep, her agonizing pleas and her writhing form plagued his mind. It was in the wee hours of the morning that he fell into a fitful sleep.

Edited by loquacious_soul - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

loquacious_soul thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4

Chapter 1 : Me

Chapter 2 : Savera84/Raji

Chapter 3 : ShiriFictionPen/Shiri

Chapter 4 : renee.bee/Radhika

Chapter 5 : AparnaRenu/Aparna

Chapter 6 : Pinnkiswan

Chapter 7 : Pearl_Oyster/Kiran

Chapter 8 : Unique.Sheep/Hina

Chapter 9 : Just-do-it

Chapter 10 : Stuti

Chapter 11 : beingaditij

Chapter 12 : Priya

Chapter 13 : Bhavisweet03/Bhavi

Edited by loquacious_soul - 3 years ago
ssttuuttii thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Res. Be back soon after reading. So excited 🥳

------

Edited:

I'm blown away by the intricate detailing and layers you have added to their characters!! ❤️

You hav revealed some bits and yet kept away enough for other other writers add in their own sub-plots and details.

It's a perfect start to this story. Khushi married to a Psychopathic Shyam, Arnav having panic attacks due to a past incident.. they are both troubled and will find their solace in each other 😳.

It seems like Arnav's parents died in a fire... Was it accidental? Or was it intentionally planned by someone who had enough animosity with the Raizadas to want to kill them?

Did Khushi voluntarily get married to Shyam? If so, was she aware of his true nature or did he hide it well enough in the early phase? Or did she marry him under some pressure and didn't have much of choice to begin with?

There is so much potential in this story and I'm eagerly waiting to see how the other writers add in their shades to this.

Great job Aboli! Wonderful concept and a brilliant start ⭐️

Love,

Stuti

Edited by ssttuuttii - 3 years ago
Savera84 thumbnail

Wonderful first chapter.  Both have a tragic past.  Arnav's is a bit old but, he is still affected by it.   Fire triggers panic attacks.  So, I assume his parents died in a fire accident.  Watching his parents die in front him and at the same time try to protect his younger brother from the trauma, must have been very hard on him.   I am glad Akash is married to Payal and she is equally protective of her brother in law.  She has that protective instinct.  I guess she will help Khushi as well.

Khushi has been living with a psychopath husband.  We don't know for how long.  She made few attempts and finally succeeded.  Let us hope the circumstances won't make her leave Raizada house and go back to Shyam.

What will Shyam do now?

Cheers.... 

Hakuna_Matata11 thumbnail

Wow loved it so much. The first chapter was really heart wrenching. The characters are very well etched. Both are connected with their pain to one another.

Love.life2 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Hi Aboli

I have a feeling of dèja vu reading this Chapter. This seems intense with Khushi's life as traumatic as Arnav's past

I really hope Khushi isn't ***** by the snake and he's only trying to get by forcefully marrying her. 

Edited by renee.bee - 3 years ago
coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8

The fire seems to invoke the past memories for Arnav and invites the panic attack. Was it a known reaction? Why did they have that special effect if they knew?

coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8

How long has Khushi been married? She succeeded in her escape this time. Hopefully she will have help now.

abivicky86 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Liked the story  and an interesting first chapter which was  an emotional one .Both the principal characters have a past. Arnav has a troubled childhood past which was trigged by the fire on the ramp .Kushi has an abusive husband who else but the great shyam Jha. 

Interesting when it comes to having a villain in the story Sham is our first choice, his character has been etched in our minds. waiting to read this story 

shiv456 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Nice start guess both will heal each other