Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DanmeiLover thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: unicorn1

Loving this show and FL till now. I like how Imlie tries to stay cheerful even in bad times - reminds me so much of Khushi. 

But I really hope this show doesn't follow the exact plotline of the original show. Don't want Aditya married to 2 women at the same time ðŸ¤¢

To be honest , at this point we should not even consider them as married. Let's face it , marriage at gun pint is no marriage at all. It should not be validated. Even if it's between FL n ML.

I consider both as single.

Yes , loving the characterization of Imlie so far , she has indomitable force of spirit. And Sumbul is doing a terrific job in my opinion.

Originally posted by: MusicMuse

First thing we need to understand is that in case of such remakes they follow the originals religiously in the initial part , for the later part and for the lesser successful or more controversial tracks , they usually do not introduce them unless the trps are falling really bad. 

Which means much later tracks are not very much relevant for remakes.

Fun fact - Right now , Star plus has three shows running that are all remakes of bengali serials from Star Jalsa , all three written by Leena Ganguly. And both the original versions of Ghum hai kisi ke pyar mein and Imlie were having the same Male lead actor - Rishi Kaushik ! I watched both the shows diligently because he was my favorite actor. 

Anyways , yes indeed it's a remake of Isti Kutum. You can read the wikipedia's plot summary . I'll give you a gist. I can confirm that so far except changing things about local flavors, which is a given , they're following the original almost  scene by scene. Every thing is the same . 

Aditya and Malini will eventually get married very soon , Aditya will continue to treat Imlie like shit and keep on hiding their marriage. On the other hand , Imlie will soon win over the household by her spunk and vivacious nature and adjust well to city life. One day after Aditya accusing her really badly about being the 3rd person in his happily married life with Moon ( baseless accusations) Imlie will leave the house and meanwhile Aditya will get kidnapped by some powerful people whose feathers were riled by Aditya's reporting . Imlie will find him and save him , after safely returning home , his family will feel even more grateful and Aditya will bring Imlie back. Imlie will get admitted in a college. By seeing her selflessness, dedication and brave and kind nature , Aditya will start falling in love with her but Imlie , who by then will know that Moon is her half sister, will completely cold shoulder and ignore his advances which will result in him falling for her even harder and faster.  After lots of push and pull , they'll consummate their marriage secretly because Imlie won't want her sister's marriage to break and Aditya wanted to divorce Moon and marry Imlie properly. 

But Moon will find out . She'll leave the house and knowing that Aditya loves Imlie she attempted to end her life. Imlie finds her in time and saved her by giving blood. 

After that , Moon and Aditya get divorced. Aditya and Imlie marry properly and she's welcomed into the house with lots of love and proper respect. Elders of the family were especially happy to have her as DIL.

Imlie continued to excel in studies and came across many men as colleagues, batchmates etc. These friendships will bring out a very possessive obsessive jealous husband side of Aditya and there will be multiple jealousy tracks.

Imlie's father will go to their village and get wounded by Satyakam's men . He reunites with Mithi. They get closure. Imlie gets very close with her father.

Meanwhile, Mithi and Satyakam get married. Satyakam accepts Imlie as his adopted daughter. 

Moon gets remarried to another man . Moon's mother will keep on plotting to murder Imlie and her mother umpteenth times and fail. These are broad strokes and has been followed in most of the remakes in other languages. 

Many other things will happen the  but they may not be shown in the remake, as they were changed a lot from the original after Moon's 2nd marriage.

Imlie will sure rebuke his advances but I don't want them to cheat Malini behind her back. They mustn't consummate until Malini and Aditya are divorced. Malini is a nice person, it would be really horrible for her husband and co wife/half sister to cheat her like that.

DanmeiLover thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kaede

Imlie will sure rebuke his advances but I don't want them to cheat Malini behind her back. They mustn't consummate until Malini and Aditya are divorced. Malini is a nice person, it would be really horrible for her husband and co wife/half sister to cheat her like that.

I'm sure here in Imlie they won't consummate till Aditya and Malini divorce. Because here Imlie's character is much more strong than Baha ( original one) with far greater moral fibers. Same is true for Aditya. Which means makers are already planning to keep the consummation part for Post divorce and Aditya Imlie remarries properly. 

But there will no doubt be multiple angsty jealousy tracks and Aditya will regret like hell for binding himself in an unhappy marriage with Moon which means he'll be helpless to see Imlie with other men and unable to exert his rights as a husband. 

Just thinking of Jasmeer playing a jealous possessive Aditya gives me "feel" . In his show Anjaan , there were at times sparks of jealousy in in Jasmeer's character and he just excelled in them. You'll know when you'll see.

unicorn1 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MusicMuse

To be honest , at this point we should not even consider them as married. Let's face it , marriage at gun pint is no marriage at all. It should not be validated. Even if it's between FL n ML.

I consider both as single.

Yes , loving the characterization of Imlie so far , she has indomitable force of spirit. And Sumbul is doing a terrific job in my opinion.

I agree Sumbul is doing an amazing job! In fact both Gashmeer and Sumbul are doing perfect justice to their characters. 

I agree that this forced marriage shouldn't be considered marriage at all, but this is how it happens in most of the Indian shows - forced marriage, bride/groom swaps etc. Also Imlie does consider Adi to be her hubby, so I really don't want Adi and Malini to get married ðŸ’”

unicorn1 thumbnail

This is exactly what I am afraid of. That's why Gul should avoid any half-wife kinda track in this version. Moreover Adi seems like a very self-righteous person, so I don't think he'll marry Malini 

This is exactly what I am afraid of. That's why Gul should avoid any half-wife kinda track in this version. Moreover Adi seems like a very self-righteous person, so I don't think he'll marry Malini 

Aditya shouldn't marry Malini but there are pics on insta of their engagement so......let's see.

unicorn1 thumbnail

Aditya shouldn't marry Malini but there are pics on insta of their engagement so......let's see.

I have a strong feeling Adi will refuse to marry her on their wedding day probably in the mandap ðŸ˜†

I have a strong feeling Adi will refuse to marry her on their wedding day probably in the mandap ðŸ˜†

Better than bride swap 😂

anita47 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

This Story will go original plot with gul khan touch. Malini never turn negative because Mayuri Deshmukh as we have seen her in reginal marathi serials in positive roles.  Gashmir selected this role means its have many shades. Till he has played different shades roles in his marathi show, movies or webseries. I was shocked and happy when saw its first promo. Gul always have best choice.

DanmeiLover thumbnail

Well as long as we get Adilie along the way and as the endgame , we'll carry on. Anything for our lovely jodi. Bas no EMA and no consummation with Malini please  Aditya belongs to Imlie. 

Also at some point Aditya must face up.