Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AparnaRenu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Aruni.

Well hmmm 😳 you stopped my fav story midway! Well well... Hope you have something wicked up your sleeve for that one, if so I don't mind waiting.

But OMG this one! Hope Payal is well... Manorama - Payal bond is also something I missed sorely in the show. Waiting to see how this unfolds.

Thank Aparna for fast updates 👍🏼

You know me and my convoluted brain too well, my dear! *wink*wink*

Blacktoothfairy thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Yaar I was delighted that you updated put now I'm pouting! Now we'll have to wait for the next one to know what happens. Now please please update soon! Orupaadu wait cheyikalle! 

abavi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6

Loved the second part Appu! waiting for the next one... And here I was thinking that she was pregnant! 

AparnaRenu thumbnail

Originally posted by: abavi

Loved the second part Appu! waiting for the next one... And here I was thinking that she was pregnant! 

Well, Vi, you're in for a shock!

AparnaRenu thumbnail

Dear All…

Apologies for leaving you all with another cliffhanger last time….Without much ado, presenting the next part in the series...

30. Dil ke rishte.. Part 3

“Mr. Raizada, there is a problem. Payalji ke pati aa gaye? Hume surgery immediately karna padega.”

Manorama leapt up, turning to look at Arnav askance. Striding back, from here he was making the call, Arnav put his arm around Mami and asked the doctor, “Kyu, kya hua, doctor, aap hi bolke gaye the ki Payal ab stable hai?”

“She is stable, Mr. Raizada, but there is an unforeseen complication. Let us sit in my cabin, mai batata hu.”

His first impulse being to snarl at the doctor and to demand a full explanation right there, Arnav took a deep breath, looking down at his Mami and glancing at the door behind which his sister-in-law was laid up, and nodded, motioning for the doctor to lead the way.

Rushing in behind the doctor, they took their seats, anxiously waiting for him to update them. Pulling up the scan images, the doctor said, “Mr. Raizada, hume routine scan karvana tha, appendix removal se pehle, aur scan me hume ek complication ke baare me pata chala. This has jus made the surgery a lot more invasive and riskier aur toh aur hume immediately karna padega.”

“Dammit, will just tell us what the complication is, instead of beating around the bush?!”, ASR could hold it in no longer, his worry coming out as anger at the first visible target.

Well-versed in Arnav’s mannerisms, the doctor batted nary an eye-lid and continued, “Ji, mai wohi bolne jaa raha hoon, but I would prefer ki aapke Bhai bhi ho yahan. Unke consent waise bhi zaroori hai, surgery ke liye.”

Having just talked to Akash, he knew that Akash was still an hour and a half away with the weekday traffic, and updated the doctor of the same.

His face grave, the doctor continued, “It is risky to wait that long, but let us hope, Payalji remains stable.”

Taking a deep breath, he said, “Mr. Raizada, your sister-in-law has an ectopic pregnancy. Kya aap jaante ho ye kya hoti hai?”

Manorama, who only registered the word ‘pregnancy’, beamed in joy, “Arre waah!! Aap toh hume good newj de diye rahe doctorji! Hum graind-ma banenge!”

Turning to Arnav, she smiled, “Aur tum, bade-papa banoge, Arnav bitwa!”, before she saw the stricken look on Arnav’s face and realised that the doctor and Arnav were both silent.

His eyes on Arnav, the doctor said, “I see that you know what I’m talking about, Mr. Raizada. Mrs. Raizada, ectopic pregnancy ka matlab bhrun uterus me aane se pehle hi fallopian tube me embed ho gayi aur ye bahut hi serious condition hai. Surgicaly remove karna padega, taaki Maa ke jeevan ko infection aur rupture ki khatrah na ho. “

Eyes brimming, Manorama pleaded, “Lekin doctorji, ye humre ghar ka pehla bachcha hai! Bachche ko aap bacha paayenge na?”

Putting his arm around his Mami, his memories tormented with images of Anjali losing her child in the very same hospital years ago, Arnav murmured, “Mami, bachcha hua hi nahi, bachaane ke liye. Hume bas Payal ki safety ke baare mein sochna hai ab.”

Looking up at the doctor, his own eyes misty, Arnav asked, “What is to be done now, doctor? What can I do?”

“As I said, Mr. Raizada, surgery karni padegi immediately. But we need her husband’s consent signature. Aap unko inform keejiye ki woh jaldi aaye, with your permission, hum surgery ke arrangement karte hain.”

Getting up and gently pulling his sobbing Mami up, Arnav said, “You do all the arrangements, doctor, I’ll make sure Akash reaches fast.”

Outside the doctor’s cabin, he lead his aunt to a waiting chair and made her sit, before turning away to start making calls. His hand pulled back in an iron grip, he turned back, looking down at his Mami.

The usual chirpyness long gone, Manorama looked like a scared mother, nearing total breakdown. Eyes brimming in tears, she whispered, “Humre parivaar ke saath hi aisan kyu hovat hai bitwa? Pehle Anjali bitiya, ab humri phool-si Payaliya…”

His gut clenching as he realised that he was not the only one who was being tormented with memories of Anjali’s tragedy, he crouched down in front of his aunt, and took both her hands in his. “It’s nothing like that, Mami.Woh ek haadsa tha, jo hum me se koi bhool nahi paayenge, lekin hum bohot aage badh chuke hai, hai na? I know Payal is in a lot of pain, and it is a terrible thing to happen, but it is just a medical condition, Mami, bus aap aisa hi maaniye. There is no baby to be lost here, aap bus maaniye ki ek growth si hai Payal ke stomach mein aur doctors remove kar rahe hain.”

Gently pressing her hands together, he continued, “Let me call Akash and see where he has reached. Aap calm ho jaayiye. I just wish ki Khushi, Di ya Nani koi toh hote aapke saath.”

Smiling tremulously, his aunt replied, “Tum ho na Arnav bitwa, bahut hai. Yeh toh bhagwan ki kirpa hai ki tum ek dum sahi time me ghar pahunch hi gaye.”

His eyes moistening at this uncharacteristic vulnerability in his aunt, he gave her a one armed hug and got up. He had a very difficult task to do.

Walking a little away, he took out his phone and pondered, wishing for the nth time that he had his touchstone, his Khushi, with him. Her mere presence would have made him feel well-enough to handle things with a calm head. Right now, his head was getting muddled with the worry for Payal, the emotional outburst from Manorama and his concern for how Akash would take the news. He badly wanted to call Khushi, but her being on the way, and also not wanting to bring grief to the women in his life, he heaved a sigh, wiped his face with his hand and called NK.

The call picked up in a mere second, NK said, “Nannav! How is Payal bhabhi now? Ghar aa gaye wapis?”

“NK, don’t speak anything, just listen to what I am saying and give only one word answers. Payal is not doing good, we’re still at the hospital. I have to talk to Akash, but I need to figure out what I can tell him. Is Akash calm?”

“Yes.”

“Are you guys able to make good time? Will you be here in anywhere under an hour?”

“No.”

“Dammit! Toh fir mujhe batana hi padega. NK, take care of my brother. He will need you after I finish talking. Phone do ussko.”

“I will, Nannav”, came NK’s slightly tremulous voice, as he handed over the phone to Akash.

“Bhai! How’s Payal? The traffic is so bad today ki hum aadhe ghante me bas bees kilimetres aa paaye. NK bahi ko bolte suna ki aap ghar aagaye? All okay then?”, the relief in Akash’s voice all through the monologue was eviddent.

Swallowing hard, Arnav took a second to compose himself. “No, Akash, we’re still at the hospital. Actually I called to find out how much longer you will take to reach.”

“Dedh ghanta toh kam-se-kam, Bhai. Aapke awaaz itni stressed out kyu hai? Bhai is Payal okay? Kya kaha doctor ne?”

At Arnav’s short description of Payal having an inflammed appendix and that they had been waiting for Akash to reach before signing the consent forms for surgery, Akash’s voice started trembling, “Surgery?! Bhai, itna serious hai kya? She must be so afraid. Can I talk to her? Aap Payal ke paas ho?”

“No, I’m outside actually. I’ll let you talk to her after this. Serious matlab critical situation nahi hai, Akash, but they don’t want to prolong it. There is something else you need to know, Payal se baat karne se pehle.”

Gulping at how soft and wary his brother’s voice had gone, Akash asked, “Aur koi baat hai kya? Is she going to be okay?”

Cursing everything and everyone mentally at having to break news like this over phone, Arnav replied, “She will be fine. It’s that pre-surgical scan ke time pe they found another complication. In a way it was lucky that they caught it now, before it led to further complications.” Sighing, he continued, “Payal has an ectopic pregnancy, Akash, they will have to do an invasive surgery to remove that as well. That is why they need you here to sign the forms.”

The total silence at the other end broken by NK’s frantic question, “Akash bhai? Kya hua? Why do you look like that?!”

As if jolted out of a reverie, Akash asked Arnav, “Does Payal know?”

“Not yet.”

Author’s Note

Hope you guys liked this one… let me know what you think!

ssttuuttii thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Oh my!

This is turning out to be more and more complex. I'm worried about Payal now. Although I know you won't let anything happen to her (Hai na?! 🥺🥺), it's still nerve wrecking to wait around for updates.

When Mamiji said humari phool si Payaliya 😭. Actually this entire update had me teary eyed. Or maybe my slightly feverish state is to blame for that . 

Whatever it may be, I hope the next update comes as quick as this one.

Pretty pleaseee. 🥺

Love,

Stuti

Edited by ssttuuttii - 3 years ago
Kirtuprabhas thumbnail

Good , next part soon , pls Next Happy wala

ttann thumbnail

Having read your vignettes before during the IPK times...I must say, you haven’t lost your touch!! 

AparnaRenu thumbnail

Originally posted by: ttann

Having read your vignettes before during the IPK times...I must say, you haven’t lost your touch!! 

Thank you!! This is the biggest compliment you could have given me!

Lily30 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Emotional update, poor Payal.