Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

abavi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 3 years ago

Aha, That's one hell of a situation to be in! Poor Payaliya and Akaash! 

Atleast I was half right :P I can hear you shouting Ramanchi! Khushi style.

abivicky86 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Comments for part 2

After waiting for Payal for a long time Arnav rushed to the library to see what’s taking her so long to bring the file  ,but on reaching the library he saw Payal had fainted and was on the floor . 

He set his Asr brain in action took her in his arms and rushed out to take her to the hospital ,Mami on seeing Payal in a comatose condition was shocked but he told her he would take her to the hospital and at the same time asked her to alert the hospital that he was on the way with Payal. Arnav on the way had tense moments worrying about Payal’s condition but that didn’t distract him from alerting the family including Aakash about the family emergency.

On reaching the hospital the doctor was waiting for him who took Payal immediately to examine her after he informed him about the surgery which Payal has to undergo due to her an inflamed appendix

The maturity and the way Arnav handled the emergency is commendable. 

abivicky86 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Part -3

Oh my after reading part 2 I thought all will be well with Payal but now you have left us with another cliff hangar. Payal’s medical condition seems to be serious and at the moment she is very critical and needs to be operated immediately for which Aakash’s signature is  required for the operation and he’s stuck in a traffic jam.

Through this story you have tried to focus on Arnav and Payal’s relation and how Arnav being Aakash‘s elder brother tries to take the right decision since Aakash cannot reach in time so that Payal’s life can be saved.

Will wait for the next part 

-Snow-White- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Your writings are a treat to read. ❤️

And having read all your other works I must say you are doing a fantastic job. Please continue. Best wishes. 😍

ranogill thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

I hope Payal recover well. Ectoptic pregnancy is very dangerous

pup03 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Tragic.. felt so sad for Raizada's.. Arnav and mami.. Akash is shocked.. amazing update.. loved it. 

Thanks for pm 😊

AparnaRenu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5

Dear All…this one started as an OS!! And we’re already on Part 4!

Without much ado, presenting the next part in the series…

Dil ke rishte.. Part 4

As if jolted out of a reverie, Akash asked Arnav, “Does Payal know?”

“Not yet.”

It was a strangled roar that came over the phone, the fact that it was Akash shaking Arnav more than anything,”Goddammit!! She is there without me and I won’t even reach in time to see her or hold her when you break the news to her! We had just started trying and this had to happen?!”

Stunned that his brother and wife hadn’t had an unplanned pregnancy, Arnav could only listen in silence to Akash’s sobbing gulps, trying to bring himself under control.

“Bhai…”

“Bolo…”

“I’m sorry you’re the one having to deal with this.”

That broke Arnav, his soft-spoken brother’s concern for his Bhai even in the middle of a personal tragedy. His own voice trembling, Arnav replied, “Pagal ho kya? Bhai hu tera, and Payal is my sister! Of course I’ll be dealing with this, even if you were here!”

His voice stabilising, he continued, “I’m so sorry, Akash, that all this is happening now… “

“I’m sorry too Bhai… aap kar lena jo bhi karna hai, I’ll sign and send anything you mail me. You can countersign it anyway, as usual. Bus aap mera ek kaam karoge?”

“Anything!”

“Jab aap Payal se baat karne jaaoge, mujhe call karke speaker pe daal dena please.”

“Of course…I’ll go meet the doctor and get the documents to you first.”

Barely containing his urge to throw the phone at the wall, Arnav leaned his head against his hand, wishing again with all his might that Khushi was with him. Realising that he would have to break the hardest of news to his gentle sister-in-law, he wiped his moist again eyes and strode back in, to get all the formalities started.

Quikly briefing the doctor that Akash would digitally sign it and Arnav, in his capacity of possessing Akash’s General Durable Power of Attorney, as Akash held his, considering how often they had to make decisions for eachother in the absence of the other, would countersign it, he walked back out slowly, to his Mami, who was still sitting outside the doctor’s room, lacking the courage to go face Payal on her own.

Holding out his hand to Mami, he helped her up, and taking a minute to call Khushi, he updated her that Payal was going to be taken in for surgery, opting to leave out details until he could see her in person. Promising to play her, Di’s and Nani’s voice message to Payal, he cut the call and walked into Payal’s room, bracing himself.

They paused at the foot of the bed, noticing how tiny Payal looked, almst lost amongst the white sheets. Motioning for his Mami to go sit next to Payal, Arnav came to stand on the other side. At Manorama running her hand through her hair, Payal stirred awake, wincing slightly at the pain. Looking up at her Maaji and smiling slightly, her searching eyes wandered around the room, finally coming to a stop on Arnav, who shook his head at her unspoken question.” He is still on his way, bohot traffic hai aaj.”

Slightly closing her eyes to indicate that it was okay and not to worry himself, she paused to take a long searching look at him, before flicking her eyes at Manorama, who was sitting quiet, wiping away an occassional tear.

Looking back at Arnav, who was finding it difficult to meet her searching gaze, she asked, “Hume bataayiye Arnavji, jo bhi hai jo bolne me aap hitchkicha rahe hain…”

Almost smiling at the perceptiveness he had long ago come to expect out of Payal, he pulled up a chair and sat down, taking her hand in his.

“I know you’re the strongest of us all, Payal, and you can handle anything. I’m just wishing that you had Akash and Khushi and Amma here with you now.”

“Aap aur Maaji hai na, bohot hai. Aap humare Jethji hai, Arnavji, humare bade Bhai se kam nahi hai. Hume bharosa hai, aap boliye…”

His lips trembling, he extended a hand to stroke her head, and said, “I promised to call Akash when I talk to you. Ek second”, before oulling out his phone and putting it on speaker as he dialled Akash’s number.

“Bhai?”

“I’m here, Akash, with Mami. Hum Payal ke saath hai, phone speaker pe hai.”

They both spoke at the same time,  

“Akash, aap khabaraayiye mat..”

“Payal, tum khabaraana mat…”

Before subsiding into weak chuckles.

Payal continued, “Hume bas pet me thodi si dard huyi aur yahan aake pata chala ki appendicitis hai. Toh davayi diye hai, hum theek hai.”

Chuckling sadly at the typical downplayment of the situation he knew and expected from his wife, Akash replied, “Haan, Bhai ne bataya mujhe. Tumhe surgery ki zaroorat hai, Payal. I’m so sorry mai wahan pohonch nahi paaunga surgery se pehle.”

“Aap itna fikar mat keejiye, Arnavji aur Maaji hai na. Aap aajaayiye, hum theek hoke aapke intezaar karenge tab tak.”

“Bhai….”, Akash called out louder.

“I’m right here, Akash.”

“Aap bataanyenge?”

“Haan…”

Swallowing hard, Arnav leaned forward to take Payal’s hand in his again. “Payal, there is something else. I want you to listen calmly. You have an ectopic pregnancy, they will have to do an invasive surgery to remove that as well. Scan karne par pata chala ye.”

Seeing her eyes light up first and then her face fall, Arnav asked her gently, “Do you know what that is?”

At her shake of the head, he sighed again, “Ectopic pregnancy ka matlab the embryo uterus me aane se pehle hi fallopian tube me embed ho gayi aur ye bahut hi serious condition hai. Surgicaly remove karna padega, so that there is no infection or rupture. “

Taking in her shocked face, Manorama broke down sobbing, and the sounds brought Payal out of the thoughts she was lost in.

Her hand going involuntarily to her stomach, she gazed at Arnav imploringly, “Toh humara bachcha?”

Swallowing back his own tears, Arnav said steadily, “Bachcha nahi ban paya, Payal. It is not even in your uterus now. Bas maano ki stomach me ek growth hai aur remove karna hai, for your safety.”

Still gazing at him unblinkingly, she took a few moments to breathe deep, the only sign of her shock the trembling in the hand that was still held tight in Arnav’s. A few minutes later, very calmly, she called out, “Akash….”

Her husband’s trembling voice came out in answer, “I’m here, Payal.”

“Hum theek hai, Akash, aap itna pareshaan mat huyiye”, she said, to the stunned surprise of all listening parties.

“Aapne suna na, Arnavji ne kya kaha? Kuch nahi hua hai, bas ek growth ko remove karne jaise hi hai. Aap aa jayiye jaldi, hum theek hai.”

His respect for her climbing sky high, Arnav got up involuntarily and wrapped his sister-in-law in a bear hug, even as she extended a comforting hand to a weeping Manorama.

“Hume maaf keejiye Maaji. Hum aapko Pota iss bar nahi de paaye. Bhagwan kare jald hi theek honge sab kuch.”

“Ek chaatta maroongi tumko, khoon-bhari-tang! Tumse jyada important naahi hai koi bachcha humre liye, samjhiyo?”

Leaving the women wrapped up in eachother’s arms, Arnav took his phone and walked out, telling Akash, “You’re married to one hell of a woman, Akash!”

Pat came the trembling reply, “I know…”

“Achcha suno, I’ll be mailing you the forms now, and countersign with my GD-POA. Tum fikar mat karo.”

“Okay Bhai, aata hoon. Surgery me jaane se pehle el baar aur baat karvaayiyega mera, Payal se.”

“Of course.”

Striding off to meet the doctor, Arnav got all the formalities done in a jiffy and soon it was time to take Payal for her surgery. Excusing himself, he went in and gave his phone to Payal, ensuring that she got a private moment to talk to her husband. Looking on from far, he smiled fondly at how she was holding up as expected, apparently consoling and manging to calm Akash down.

Gently admonishing Akash for feeling guilty for the nth time, she said her goodbyes and looked over, motioning for Arnav to come back inside. Holding out his phone, she smiled softly, “Aap bhi itna chinta mat keejiye, hum theek thaak wapis aayenge. Sab ko sambhaaliyega, Arnavji, hamesha ki tarah. Khushi, Di aur Nani toh khabraah jaayenge, aur Maaji bhi bohot darri huyi hai. Akash ko bhi…”

“Sshh, Payal, you just make sure you get well ASAP, I’ll take care of everything. I’m very, very proud to have you as my sister, Payal.”

At this statement from a usually undemonstrative Arnav, Payal’s eyes started brimming up and lips trembling. Grabbing hold of his hand, she whispered, “Hum bhi darre huye hai, Arnavji. Sab theek ho jaayenge na?”

At his hitched breath, she said, suddenly looking very young, “Agar hume kuch hua toh Akash apne aap ko sambhaal nahi paayenge, ye sochke ki woh nahi the humare saath.”

“Stop saying rubbish, Payal, kuch nahi hoga tuhme. You’re in the best hospital in Delhi. The doctor also said that it is a minor procedure, jaldi iss liye karna pad raha hai kyunki infection rokna hai. You’ll be absolutely fine in a few days and you and Akash can get back to work on making me a bade-papa as Mami said.”

Shell-shocked, blushing and speechless at this, Payal gaped at Arnav, slowly starting to smile at his smirk, knowing full well that he was trying his best to distract her.

“Thank you, Arnavji, humare saath rehne ke liye.”

“You’re talking like your sanki sister now. Aur kahan jaaunga apne behen ko chodke? Go on now, get back here soon, I’ll have the entire madhouse lined up to receive you.”

With a final brush of fingers over her head, he motioned for the nurses and orderlies to bring the stretcher in, Manorama accompanying them. With a final sobbing hug to her bahu, Manorama stepped back, moving to Arnav’s side as they watched a tremulously smiling Payal being wheeled out.

“She’ll be fine, Mami. Our Payal is as steady and strong as they come. She’ll be just fine”, Arnav held her close.

Author’s Note

Hope you guys liked this one… let me know what you think!

abavi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6

Appu, a beautiful finish... loved this OS as much as I loved your other ones... you bring out the beauty in relationships... yearning for more like this... 

Edited by abavi - 3 years ago
AparnaRenu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: abavi

Appu, a beautiful finish... loved this OS as much as I loved your other ones... you bring out the beauty in relationships... yearning for more like this... 

There's one more part yet, dearie... ❤️

ssttuuttii thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Quite an emotional upheaval. Although I understand why Arnav didn't want to worry the ladies, I think Khushi should have been informed too. I wonder what she will go through when she arrives and comes to know of the extent of problems Payal is facing.

Will we see the others arriving in next part? Or will it continue being about Arnav, Payal and Mamiji only? Not that I mind it this way, but want to see other's reaction too. And maybe the care and protectiveness everyone is going to shower on Payal later 😳.

Arnav has managed to assure me too. I'm less worried about Payal now. But still waiting for next update to be sure of her health.

Btw, you are updating nearly everyday! 😃

It's been a long time since this forum saw such regular updates for any story 😆.

Love,

Stuti

Edited by ssttuuttii - 3 years ago