mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

Kajol was the Alia Bhatt of the 90's in my opinion - a mediocre actress who shot to fame because of her iconic pairing with SRK, and because of connections. Her contemporaries like Urmila, Tabu and Manisha were better actresses, Madhuri was still the superstar and was better in every sense of the word and yet Kajol won all awards and was thrust down people's throats as if she was a superstar whereas she was hardly that popular. I have yet to meet someone whose favourite actress was Kajol during that period. Rani outshone her in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai easily with far better acting, and though Manisha had a far less meaty part in Gupt, in the scenes together Manisha chewed her up.

Kajol was neither beautiful nor as talented as some of her contemporaries. 

Discuss.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mintyblue thumbnail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0oIn7h_52s

If shrieking was the best way to prove your acting skills, then Kajol tops the list!

Edited by Minionite - 3 years ago
Equine thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Tabu is in the league of her own. Shes one of the best actresses , not just of 90’s actresses but in general also. So, it’s unfair to compare her with other 90’s actresses , who r not of the same league.
Kajol is a good actresses . She had some great roles and some not so great. Same goes for other actresses. She cannot be called inferior to someone like Manisha or Urmila. All of them did bad acting in some movies or the other. But, someone like Rani sharpened her skills and tried her hand in lots of versatile movies, while Kajol is lazy, and never moved out of her comfort zone.

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

kajol is avergae actress promoted as great 

Her expression was not that good

I think tabu, manisha were much better in acting 

So were madhuri, sridevi and juhi in overall acting comedy, emotion etc 

But kajol was better than alia 

kajol was like kareena and katrina ridding on heroes success or big director mostly rather than her own ability 

Edited by myviewprem - 3 years ago
mintyblue thumbnail

Originally posted by: Equine

Tabu is in the league of her own. Shes one of the best actresses , not just of 90’s actresses but in general also. So, it’s unfair to compare her with other 90’s actresses , who r not of the same league.
Kajol is a good actresses . She had some great roles and some not so great. Same goes for other actresses. She cannot be called inferior to someone like Manisha or Urmila.
All of them did bad acting in some movies or the other. But, someone like Rani sharpened her skills and tried her hand in lots of versatile movies, while Kajol is lazy, and never moved out of her comfort zone.

Well I feel Kajol and Tabu are contemporaries so it's OK to compare them.

Kajol is a mediocre actress IMO, and definitely inferior to Urmila who is one of the most talented actresses after Tabu but typecast in sexy roles unfortunately

Manisha is also far better than Kajol and has aced her acting in Khamoshi, 1942, Dil Se, Bombay and Lajja

I don't like a single performance of Kajol's

But your opinion is different, and that's perfectly fine😊

mintyblue thumbnail

Originally posted by: myviewprem

kajol is avergae actress promoted as great 

Her expression was not that good

I think tabu, manisha were much better in acting 

So were madhuri, sridevi and juhi in overall acting comedy, emotion etc 

But kajol was better than alia 

kajol was like kareena and katrina ridding on heroes success or big director mostly rather than her own ability 

Completely agree👍🏼

SRK_Deewani92 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Well said 👏

Absolutely agree with this ! Kajol doesn't even look like an actress neither are her acting skills any good and her dancing is also awful also i find her voice so irritating i can't believe she is famous she doesn't have anything.

Equine thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mintyblue

Well I feel Kajol and Tabu are contemporaries so it's OK to compare them.

Kajol is a mediocre actress IMO, and definitely inferior to Urmila who is one of the most talented actresses after Tabu but typecast in sexy roles unfortunately

Manisha is also far better than Kajol and has aced her acting in Khamoshi, 1942, Dil Se, Bombay and Lajja

I don't like a single performance of Kajol's

But your opinion is different, and that's perfectly fine😊

Manisha and Urmila are great too. But, Kajol is a natural . As I said, she had potential, but, I don’t think she pushed herself by doing different  roles. Whereas Rani, though started out like Kajol, did a great job of honing her skills and by pursuing different versatile roles, she overpassed Kajol.

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Kajol was a mainstream actress of her time, just like Deepika was a mainstream actress of her time.

If there were better actresses than Kajol in her time like Urmilla, Tabu and Manisha, then there were better actresses than Deepika in her time too like Vidya, Konkona and Radhika.

If Kajol benefitted by working with SRK then Deepika too benefitted by working with SRK.