Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 months ago

Thank you Kajolsmiley32 I will never watch the movie again. If one is having problem with their partner, talk it out or ask for a divorce.

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3

Rani ka face smiley37

zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

I agree with kajol, preity and abhisheks characters were so nice, they were making effort to try and make their marriages work, I didn't understand why rani and srk weren't happy in their marriages except for that they just weren't happy with themselves, but that does not mean they can go out and have an affair and hurt their partners and families so much 

infinity101 thumbnail

Originally posted by: zara321

I agree with kajol, preity and abhisheks characters were so nice, they were making effort to try and make their marriages work, I didn't understand why rani and srk weren't happy in their marriages except for that they just weren't happy with themselves, but that does not mean they can go out and have an affair and hurt their partners and families so much 

KANK is a problematic film for sure, since it justifies adultery in a way, for the longest time I hated it, but growing up I realised human beings are flawed and their relationships are complex. I do believe in loyalty and integrity but KANK tried exploring concept of unhappy marriages and where it often leads to, not everyone cheats but most human beings are capable of it. Of course Dev and Maya were so selfish and big time a**holes but even if Abhishek’s character was a nice guy, Maya wasn’t obligated to love him, I think she was marrying him because she felt it her duty, since her husband and his father were pretty much the only family she had. Dev was a bitter man, he became more and more insecure after his accident, may be because his wife became the sole bread earner of the family and her success, career etc along with his inability to do anything for himself he just couldn’t digest, I don’t know I guess their marriage was already on the rocks. Anyway Dev and Maya both deserved each other since both committed adultery and both were big time losers smiley14

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Can the songs of this film be danced on ? Or since cheating is involved it’s not appropriate ? 

mz.gigglez thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Maya and Dev came out looking very selfish, this is one movie of Srk i do not ever want to watch again. I have grown up but still can’t justify these two characters 

zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: infinity101

KANK is a problematic film for sure, since it justifies adultery in a way, for the longest time I hated it, but growing up I realised human beings are flawed and their relationships are complex. I do believe in loyalty and integrity but KANK tried exploring concept of unhappy marriages and where it often leads to, not everyone cheats but most human beings are capable of it. Of course Dev and Maya were so selfish and big time a**holes but even if Abhishek’s character was a nice guy, Maya wasn’t obligated to love him, I think she was marrying him because she felt it her duty, since her husband and his father were pretty much the only family she had. Dev was a bitter man, he became more and more insecure after his accident, may be because his wife became the sole bread earner of the family and her success, career etc along with his inability to do anything for himself he just couldn’t digest, I don’t know I guess their marriage was already on the rocks. Anyway Dev and Maya both deserved each other since both committed adultery and both were big time losers smiley14

Yes humans are flawed, and i guess thats what the film tried to show, but srk and rani's characters left a really bad taste in the mouth, they were awful and extremely selfish. Maya may not have been head over heels in love with abhishek, but sometimes you compromise and learn to love the person with time, and abhisheks character was nice, giving and he really loved her, and that is something which alot of women are looking for, a guy who genuinely loves them. But if maya just couldn't stay happy with rishi then she should have gotten a divorce, he did not deserve to be cheated on. 

And what guarantee is there that dev would be with maya forever? Seeing the kind of selfish and hot headed guy he is i wouldn't be surprised if maya ended up leaving him.

And srk's character was the best example of an insecure loser type of man, he had an accident which ended his career which is understandably heart breaking for him, but all he did was lash out at everyone, even his child, i felt so bad for his child in the movie. He could have tried to find another career that he could have thrived in, but instead he just boiled with jealousy looking at his wife, instead of celebrating that his wife is doing so well and is actually providing for the family, he just sunk deeper into his own sadness. It's like he started the affair with maya just so that he can have some sort of excitement in his negative life. 

If a story about two characters having an affair is going to be made then it doesn't work in kjo's big bollywood song and dance genre, that was the biggest problem. They tried to romanticise the affair, and that is just wrong. So yes film makers can make a movie about flawed people, but then show it in a serious way, not with romantic songs and picturerisation 

Edited by zara321 - 1 months ago
infinity101 thumbnail

Originally posted by: zara321

Yes humans are flawed, and i guess thats what the film tried to show, but srk and rani's characters left a really bad taste in the mouth, they were awful and extremely selfish. Maya may not have been head over heels in love with abhishek, but sometimes you compromise and learn to love the person with time, and abhisheks character was nice, giving and he really loved her, and that is something which alot of women are looking for, a guy who genuinely loves them. What guarantee is there that dev would be with maya forever? Seeing the kind of selfish and hot headed guy he is i wouldn't be surprised if maya ended up leaving him. 

And srk's character was the best example of an insecure loser type of man, he had an accident which ended his career which is understandably heart breaking for him, but all he did was lash out at everyone, even his child, i felt so bad for his child in the movie. He could have tried to find another career that he could have thrived in, but instead he just boiled with jealousy looking at his wife, instead of celebrating that his wife is doing so well and is actually providing for the family, he just sunk deeper into his own sadness. It's like he started the affair with maya just so that he can have some sort of excitement in his negative life. 

If a story about two characters having an affair is going to be made then it doesn't work in kjo's big bollywood song and dance genre, that was the biggest problem. They tried to romanticise the affair, and that is just wrong. So yes film makers can make a movie about flawed people, but then show it in a serious way, not with romantic songs and picturerisation 

Of course it tried to justify extra marital affairs by giving Dev and Maya a sort of “happy ending”. The film even tried to show Maya as a bechari who was so heartbroken and sad when her husband left her after learning she shagged another guy in his absence. I mean what were they trying to show? I am glad the husband left her cheating arse since he deserved better. Like Rhea said, living with a bitter person like Dev was Maya’s actual punishment, since he was an insecure man and I am sure had it been real life, their marital bliss would have been short lived. They could have divorced their partners first but they chose to be selfish prats. What else do you expect from a KJo film? I think romanticisation with all the songs is culture of BW films so they are part and parcel of it lol.