The serenity of Pavitra Bhagya....

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 3 years ago

A daily soap and serene? Have I had a really 'good' weekend? So, before I am bombarded with this and a zillion other questions, let my left brain take over, and please allow me to explain

This note is going to be about my very own personal bond with PB, and thereby, source of the serenity

First things first - am a sucker for attention to detail....may have to do with my years of rigorous training in Med School or my natural affinity towards all things creative....the left brain-right brain conundrum, once again! :)

What a thoughtful selection of names....."Reyansh", meaning the first ray of sunlight, "Pranati" which means "salutation" or "prayer", and "Jugnu", as we all know is what fireflies are known in Hindi. 

It's difficult to ignore the positivity, hope, optimism....the essence of purity.....as Reyansh, Pranati, and Jugnu, come together....to tell the tale.....of their "Pavitra Bhagya".....

The buck doesn't stop here....Reyansh is Reyansh Khurana; Pranati is Pranati Mishra; Jugnu has been so christened, since she was raised in an Anathaylay.....this is brought out so beautifully in the Ganesh Chaturthi aarti scene, when Pranati says "Sabke pair chuyo", while Reyansh responds by a matter-of-fact "Nahin, humare yahan ladkiyan pair nahin padti" - what an impactful way to communicate the cultural uniqueness of our Incredible India!!

Now that the basics are out of the way, let's focus on some other beautifully nuanced moments of PB's characters....absolutely love how Archit has been so intelligently used as a surrogate marker for Rey-Prani's evolving dynamic....

And no, I am not talking the jealous Rey here...that has been there for us to see, and integral to the realization of his feelings....

I am referring to those subtleties, wherein Archit knowingly or unknowingly, has been the catalyst to propel PraYansh forward...

The first after-party moment when Rey barges into Prani's room, and asks her most nonchalantly "Tu usse pyar nahin karti hai kya?"

CUT TO

The hospital sequence, when Rey brings Prani to Jugnu's room, as Jugnu is recuperating from her fall....Rey in his trademark 'say it like it is' demeanor, tells her...."Tu usse pyar karti hai....aur mujhe, ainwayi, villian bana diya!"

CUT TO

The early morning sequence in the garden, just after Archit and Navya leave....Pranati being the sensitive Prani that she is....wants to go and clear the air with Archit....the only thing that Rey has to tell her...."Mat kar, tu uske liye sahi nahin hai"...

CUT TO

That serene moment....during Rey's soliloquy....as he is nursing Prani, back to health....no frills, no flounces....just an honest....."Tu galat nahin hai....par main tujhe....ye shayad kabhi bol nahin pata"....

CUT TO

The "blink and you miss it" moment during Prani's birthday celebrations....as Riya mentions "Wah bhabhi, aapke kitne saare fans hai"....Rey retorts with an exasperated "Kuch zyada hi fans hai"!!

CUT TO

The sequence when Pranati and Archit are returning, after her birthday in his home, and his car breaks down....Prani is obviously desperate to get back home for Jugnu....but there's that one moment, which says it all....as Archit offers her his phone, so that she can inform Reyansh....she refuses to take the phone...and the reason...."Rey ko bura lagega".....the dynamic has changed....from her side too!!

What fantastic screenplay....

What simple yet effective dialogues.....

And most importantly....Kunal and Aneri's acting chops....their understated chemistry....truly, a breath of fresh air!

Now, coming to the last part of the serenity of PB....at least the way I see it....mind games, played with such finesse....so much class!!

Hats off, Reyansh Khurana! 

Only you could give Dadi a taste of her own medicine....sans any 'soap opera' confrontations....using such wonderfully framed logical arguments....one could include an example or two in the next edition of Robert Greene's international bestseller "The 48 Laws of Power"! 

And, subtlety in giving as good as you get....Pranati never for once crossing the line, yet most respectfully showing Dadi the mirror with an affirmative "Hai to aap daru bechne wali hi na"! 

Pranati Mishra, you can please take a bow! 

KJ and AV, you have a deep understanding of your craft....your eyes speak volumes.....you can use silence to your advantage.....and your greatest strength....never trying "too hard".....and thus, PB's serenity....

Keep honing your skillset....set your own limits....and keep pushing them even further....

It's the sky and beyond for you! 

God Bless....

Love always,

DocD

Edited by DocD - 3 years ago

Originally posted by DocD

A daily soap and serene? Have I had a really 'good' weekend? So, before I am bombarded with this and a zillion other questions, let my left brain take over, and please allow me to explain

This note is going to be about my very own personal bond with PB, and thereby, source of the serenity

First things first - am a sucker for attention to detail....may have to do with my years of rigorous training in Med School or my natural affinity towards all things creative....the left brain-right brain conundrum, once again! :)

What a thoughtful selection of names....."Reyansh", meaning the first ray of sunlight, "Pranati" which means "salutation" or "prayer", and "Jugnu", as we all know is what fireflies are known in Hindi. 

It's difficult to ignore the positivity, hope, optimism....the essence of purity.....as Reyansh, Pranati, and Jugnu, come together....to tell the tale.....of their "Pavitra Bhagya".....

The buck doesn't stop here....Reyansh is Reyansh Khurana; Pranati is Pranati Mishra; Jugnu has been so christened, since she was raised in an Anathaylay.....this is brought out so beautifully in the Ganesh Chaturthi aarti scene, when Pranati says "Sabke pair chuyo", while Reyansh responds by a matter-of-fact "Nahin, humare yahan ladkiyan pair nahin padti" - what an impactful way to communicate the cultural uniqueness of our Incredible India!!

Now that the basics are out of the way, let's focus on some other beautifully nuanced moments of PB's characters....absolutely love how Archit has been so intelligently used as a surrogate marker for Rey-Prani's evolving dynamic....

And no, I am not talking the jealous Rey here...that has been there for us to see, and integral to the realization of his feelings....

I am referring to those subtleties, wherein Archit knowingly or unknowingly, has been the catalyst to propel PraYansh forward...

The first after-party moment when Rey barges into Prani's room, and asks her most nonchalantly "Tu usse pyar nahin karti hai kya?"

CUT TO

The hospital sequence, when Rey brings Prani to Jugnu's room, as Jugnu is recuperating from her fall....Rey in his trademark 'say it like it is' demeanor, tells her...."Tu usse pyar karti hai....aur mujhe, ainwayi, villian bana diya!"

CUT TO

The early morning sequence in the garden, just after Archit and Navya leave....Pranati being the sensitive Prani that she is....wants to go and clear the air with Archit....the only thing that Rey has to tell her...."Mat kar, tu uske liye sahi nahin hai"...

CUT TO

That serene moment....during Rey's soliloquy....as he is nursing Prani, back to health....no frills, no flounces....just an honest....."Tu galat nahin hai....par main tujhe....ye shayad kabhi bol nahin pata"....

CUT TO

The "blink and you miss it" moment during Prani's birthday celebrations....as Riya mentions "Wah bhabhi, aapke kitne saare fans hai"....Rey retorts with an exasperated "Kuch zyada hi fans hai"!!

CUT TO

The sequence when Pranati and Archit are returning, after her birthday in his home, and his car breaks down....Prani is obviously desperate to get back home for Jugnu....but there's that one moment, which says it all....as Archit offers her his phone, so that she can inform Reyansh....she refuses to take the phone...and the reason...."Rey ko bura lagega".....the dynamic has changed....from her side too!!

What fantastic screenplay....

What simple yet effective dialogues.....

And most importantly....Kunal and Aneri's acting chops....their understated chemistry....truly, a breath of fresh air!

Now, coming to the last part of the serenity of PB....at least the way I see it....mind games, played with such finesse....so much class!!

Hats off, Reyansh Khurana! 

Only you could give Dadi a taste of her own medicine....sans any 'soap opera' confrontations....using such wonderfully framed logical arguments....one could include an example or two in the next edition of Robert Greene's international bestseller "The 48 Laws of Power"! 

And, subtlety in giving as good as you get....Pranati never for once crossing the line, yet most respectfully showing Dadi the mirror with an affirmative "Hai to aap daru bechne wali hi na"! 

Pranati Mishra, you can please take a bow! 

KJ and AV, you have a deep understanding of your craft....your eyes speak volumes.....you can use silence to your advantage.....and your greatest strength....never trying "too hard".....and thus, PB's serenity....

Keep honing your skillset....set your own limits....and keep pushing them even further....

It's the sky and beyond for you! 

God Bless....

Love always,

DocD

DocD.....i just wrote an analysis of the second ointment scene....lord....mentioned the same...loved PB's subtlety....nothing was OTT.... a complex story told in simple way.....even loved the fact that where they went overboard....like mahila mandali.....it was dadi's game plan to get pranati out not something shown as matter-of-fact ...people will barge into the house and start saying such things just like that......i remember some where in the AT it was discussed that people who love dhoomm ta na na....will miss it here.....

Originally posted by vswarup

DocD.....i just wrote an analysis of the second ointment scene....lord....mentioned the same...loved PB's subtlety....nothing was OTT.... a complex story told in simple way.....even loved the fact that where they went overboard....like mahila mandali.....it was dadi's game plan to get pranati out not something shown as matter-of-fact ...people will barge into the house and start saying such things just like that......i remember some where in the AT it was discussed that people who love dhoomm ta na na....will miss it here.....

Hey Vasu! *HUGSSS*

Please send me your analysis of the ointment scene, would love to read it...

That scene is one of my absolute favourites too...in fact, when the scene began, I really didn’t imagine that it would end in the manner that it did...

When I saw the precap, was telling myself...there we go again....the done to death hero heroine proximity scene!!! But this one was so refreshing....and the beauty of that scene lies in all the focus being on Prani...the arousal of her feelings....the importance of bringing back her fractured trust...even if it’s as simple as Rey applying an ointment....as she shifts her glance on to the mirror...to check on him...his eyes being shut...means so much to her....

Added a whole new dimension to the scene...

And, the proverbial cherry on the cake...with Rey being absolutely normal and unaffected...away from the physicality of the moment...

Beautiful!!

PS: in case you’re wondering how has the night owl appeared during the day, it’s thanks to the crazy power outage here in Bombay!! Work has gone for a toss, and I decided to make the most of my time! :))

Edited by DocD - 3 years ago

Doc... what a wonderful and highly meaningful in-depth analysis, you simply presented the gist of the serial in a profound manner. 

It is an honour reading such well-expressed posts. 🤗

Originally posted by Viswasruti

Doc... what a wonderful and highly meaningful in-depth analysis, you simply presented the gist of the serial in a profound manner. 

It is an honour reading such well-expressed posts. 🤗

Hey, Viswasruti! *Hugs* back to you too, Dear!

For starters, just LOVE your name....

Next, thanks so much for your kind words and heartfelt appreciation....means a lot coming from the girl with the wonderful quotes up her sleeve! :)

Yes, this for me, in a sense will always remain the gist of Act 1 of PB....

Just like you and all our other lovely forum friends, waiting fervently, for Act 2 and the new catalyst to take PraYansh’s journey forward....Jugnu! 

Doc D , this is such a wonderful post and analysis!! 

DocD.

Your every post is unique and you see same thing in different eyes.. really superb girle👏👏👏

Yesterday Vasu posted your posts as tweets.. so, you're also fighting in this like anyone of us and we trended consecutively...

Thank you so much for this post and posts to come🤗

I wish to read more on character analysis and scenes analysis man... PB has both and your point of view will make it's even more superb😃

Originally posted by jey3ram

DocD.

Your every post is unique and you see same thing in different eyes.. really superb girle👏👏👏

Yesterday Vasu posted your posts as tweets.. so, you're also fighting in this like anyone of us and we trended consecutively...

Thank you so much for this post and posts to come🤗

I wish to read more on character analysis and scenes analysis man... PB has both and your point of view will make it's even more superb😃

Totally agree with jey... DocD your post rocked... Will send you some the tweets soon..

Madi and you were rockstar there...