Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: desertsun

i have no idea. me, the husband, the grown up adult kids all stuck at home and two of us still working and trying to get them to do something. My youngest is 17 and he is back from college and doing remote learning and the stupid college is charging the same fees.

Not to mention it is election season, my husband is die hard Trump supporter and my kids are more Bernie types. It is like watching Fox News and CNN blaring at  each other. Not fun at all. I guess it is better than people who have business that are bankrupted.

Aaah the old days in india, where you worried about food, medicine costs, running water, functioning toilets!

Bold -The story of many households in the USA ðŸ˜†

Brainwashing starts early here not just in college but in schools itself 

priya185 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sev.puri

Lol not sure I fully get all the hate BoJo gets. Kids are the most likely to recover no? Ofc some people live with parents/grandparents who are shielding/vulnerable can spread the virus, it’s not a foolproof plan but is anything atm? Does the government just scrap exams again this year? 

Whether they recover or not does not make it okay for the PM to risk their lives and their families' lives. What about the teachers' and staff's wellbeing? Many are forced to work even despite underlying health conditions and they are forced to keep secret if anyone is ill so that parents do not get scared

I am not sure about exams. Only commenting on schools because some of my relatives are teachers 

bips thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Indias lockdown was a massive failure in the sense it only delayed what was to come... Imposing a lockdown at midnight without bothering to consult the states resulted in sheer chaos... Economy bhi doobi alag se.. 

But ab yahan bessht hai... The media does one line reporting of covid in the morning when the daily numbers are released... Uske baad kuch nahin...  back to bollywood circus 

Issliye sabko lag raha hai ki sab kuch theek ho gaya.. And people are out on the road like normal 

sev.puri thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: priya185

Whether they recover or not does not make it okay for the PM to risk their lives and their families' lives. What about the teachers' and staff's wellbeing? Many are forced to work even despite underlying health conditions and they are forced to keep secret if anyone is ill so that parents do not get scared

I am not sure about exams. Only commenting on schools because some of my relatives are teachers 

Technically speaking, they are key workers just like pharmacists, doctors etc. And a lot of them would’ve been off since March till September (on full pay). And maybe a few doing a few odd days a week to keep things ticking along. So it’s not like BoJo hasn’t stood by them. They should be provided with the required PPE to do their job though. The problems you’re describing sounds specific to a few schools and is hardly what the UK government would be suggesting to schools.

priya185 thumbnail

Technically speaking, they are key workers just like pharmacists, doctors etc. And a lot of them would’ve been off since March till September (on full pay). And maybe a few doing a few odd days a week to keep things ticking along. So it’s not like BoJo hasn’t stood by them. They should be provided with the required PPE to do their job though. The problems you’re describing sounds specific to a few schools and is hardly what the UK government would be suggesting to schools.

Teachers can teach from home a doctor cannot do surgery from home they need equipment and to touch the patient. No its widespread school staff are not allowed to announce any cases to parents 

They have been working since June not since September 

sev.puri thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: priya185

Teachers can teach from home a doctor cannot do surgery from home they need equipment and to touch the patient. No its widespread school staff are not allowed to announce any cases to parents 

They have been working since June not since September 

They are still key workers. Virtual learning is a lot easier in a university environment as opposed to a bunch of primary school kids. They had 6 weeks of summer holidays from July no? They’ve definitely had it easier than most, and I mean that with utmost respect for teachers.

oyebollywood thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: NightonEarth

What are your thoughts? 

I had only one thought and I still have it.. Yeh ch***ya government kab iss desh se jaayega

which govt   ðŸ˜†

priya185 thumbnail

They are still key workers. Virtual learning is a lot easier in a university environment as opposed to a bunch of primary school kids. They had 6 weeks of summer holidays from July no? They’ve definitely had it easier than most, and I mean that with utmost respect for teachers.

these days kids are very tech savvy can learn how to use zoom Or skype etc 

No people who work from home are much safer than teachers. 6 weeks is over now they are more exposed than most workers. School was meant to have divided students in half so they come half days now that is scrapped and there is no social distancing

InspectorShirke thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

It's a waste of money especially when you are an international student. The best thing they could do is to send elderly people to old age home and let young people enjoy the life.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Pakistan is wild but America is ok