People on social media are being brainwashed - Taapsee Pannu

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 3 years ago

Quite a long article, Read it quickly. Just  posting some quotes if anyone find more please add 

https://www.hindustantimes.com/bollywood/taapsee-pannu-people-on-social-media-are-being-brainwashed-into-hating-i-call-these-trolls-my-closeted-well-wishers/story-ttYbLuKwNIjC3gj7F4YiKO.html

Some interesting quotes: 

Taapsee Pannu: People on social media are being brainwashed into hating, I call these trolls my closeted well-wishers

Most of our audience, even when they talk about roles and the films that we do, for example, when they talk about say Thappad, they’ll say, ‘Taapsee was married to this guy, Taapee’s husband hit Taapsee, , so they forget it’s not Taapsee, it’s Amrita (my onscreen character). That’s how the audience treats the film industry actors. So audience think our onscreen and real personalities are the same

Only a select few in the industry are known to fearlessly put forth their opinion on social media, but is it too much pressure when you’re expected to comment on every controversy that erupts?

People sometimes forget that forcing me to have an opinion is also equivalent to asking me to think the same way you think and that’s wrong. But yes, we face the brunt of speaking our minds, and for some people, it has repercussions on their careers. Personally, For me, whenever an issue affects me and makes me think and form an opinion, I do mention it because I’ve always believe in hating the sin and not the sinner. I don’t like the blame game. I don’t like pointing fingers. I’d like to address the issue and not the people associated with it. I’m very clear about what I feel is right or wrong. I don’t talk about who is right and who’s wrong, that’s not how I think. This has also helped me form an image that I voice out, but I don’t go to extremes and I don’t force my opinion on anyone. I don’t like to pull others down to climb up.

A lot been said about Sushant Singh Rajput’s death that shook the film industry . There’s no end to prime time debates, conspiracy theories, blame game and witch hunt... do you find all this disturbing?

I’ve maintained that I’ll never make someone’s death a personal vendetta, or a way to get through people who I have issues with or just to create a drama around to get attention which I can see a lot of people doing right now. I’ve always seen him (Sushant) on screen as an actor, but now I’m seeing things being spoken about him, his personal life, family, love life, habits and god knows what all, on TV in such big debates on prime time with some really high level dramatics and conspiracy theories being thrown all over the place. As a viewer, I’m not able to understand if these channels are taking over the work of the court and CBI because they’re passing statements. I always thought news debates are about putting forth two sides but right now, it’s a forced side being shown and a decision being made. The kind of conclusions some of the news channels have given us, they’re trying to create a perception and image and they’ve sort of given a verdict even before the court and CBI’s decision of the case. So I’m unable to understand if I should listen to the verdict from these news channels, what they want me to believe, or it’s fair to wait for the what the court or CBI have to say eventually, because that’s what the law of the land is. But, right now, I come across these headlines and statements given by TV anchors, which are conclusive, as to what exactly had happened, when CBI and court haven’t really given any statement as to what really went behind this. So, I feel there’s some circus, for the lack of a better word, that has been created on TV and it’s making the audience feel delusional about the law this country is supposed to follow. You can’t misuse the power you have to influence people, on TV, to give verdicts when it’s not your job. It’s clearly like an opinion is being forced upon and one particular side being pushed down out throats. Initially I was very curious to know what really happened with this very amazing actor, but now, slowly over months when I am seeing this, it looks like everyone is trying to push some of their personal agenda.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LoveAnny thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Let people think whatever they want to think. Who's she to change anyone's perspective? Everyone's adult and they have their own mind to support a case or oppose it. She is doing the same thing that she's asking to stop. 😂😂

Sea-stars thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Tapsee is being brainwashed by Bollywood Mafia. People can change their opinion as per circumstances.

NightonEarth thumbnail

Truth has finally been spoken. 

MaalGang thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I was very curious to know what really happened with this very amazing actor, but now, slowly over months when I am seeing this, it looks like everyone is trying to push some of their personal agenda.

👏👏👏

GrumpyTheCat thumbnail

Usually I cannot stand barring that one interview with Anupama but she spoke the truth here about personal agenda. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Some do get brainwashed but alas 

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

I just find it interesting she chose to speak up about this but when Bollywood Insiders try to do shady things like write blind times, open letters, pay PR to run their narrative - woh sab teek hai 😆 uske baare mein kuch nahi bola.... but yeh galat hai. Wah wah kya logic hai 

Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 3 years ago
Filmistan thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Freedom of expression is a monolith of democracy. What's inappropriate is to get abusive and use vulgar language. This is what these people don't seem to understand. 

Criticism and fame come hand in hand. You can't be in the public limelight and expect to live a life free of public discourse. That's a decision every public figure takes when they decide it's their career.

Say, commenting on nepotism is actually a sign of a progressive society. The inappropriate part is when you personally abuse the benefactors of nepotism rather than engage in constructive debates and criticisms.

Bollywood folks need to realize that they're not sociologists, psychologists, or human rights experts. Most of them are poorly educated, some are educated in technical fields but aren't aware of how society, culture, and politics work.

It's as much their fault engaging in public discourse without the proper knowledge as much as it's the fault of the general public in hounding them personally.

If their concerns are heartfelt, without vested interests, it would enhance the social debate. But we can't say the same for the likes of Taapsee, Kashyap, and Swara. Hence, they must be prepared to take the brunt. It won't always be rational, but this is the path they've chosen.

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Finally .....the truth.....a big slap on people like Kangna and Republic TV which have turned this into a circus😵

Agree with her...I have never see so much hatred and trolling on social media before....the max was Salman -SRK fans trolling each other about box office numbers but now its like rape and death threats....nasty🤢