mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 2 months ago

I find Taapsee's performances in Thappad and Dunki flawless.

She's a really good actress.

Is she a better actress than Alia?smiley28

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Taapsee and Bhumi both are better and more versatile actresses than Aliaa, not just this but they have proven their better acting prowess and versatility already in so many films. 

It's just that they don't have Kjo to overly promote them and keep getting them the plummest projects one after another on a platter. (and also lobbied awards for them). 

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

If Alia would have been in the 90s among the genuine actresses and ASLI heorines like sridevi, Madhuri, Juhi, Kajol, Karishma, Raveena, Urmila, Manisha, Tabu and even her own sister Pooja Bhatt, she would have gotten "heroine ki saheli" or just side kick roles, maximum. 

Edited by sharaban - 2 months ago
SrikantTiwari thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Yes....atleast Taapsee becomes the character for me. Whenever I watch Alia I just cannot get over the fact that it is her playing the role and trying to act like the character. She never becomes the character (atleast for me).

altgr thumbnail

Taapsee is good but I find her very monotonous. 

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9

If you get her the kind of opportunities Alia has got, sure.

But Taapsee isn't brilliant or anything. She has her fair share of limitations. I won't say she's much better than Alia. I'll put both of them in the same bracket.

MrChatVsNorway thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Even Ananya has better heroine qualities than unsexy forced upon us baby faced actress

Aurora_77 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Definitely a better actress than Alia. I just don't get the hype around Alia. Watched the movie darlings recently and I was left unimpressed by her performance. 

Kamala05 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

I don't like Alia, and I'm not even bothered to watch her movies, like Gangubai and Brahmastra. In my opinion, Alia and Taapsee are actresses with somewhat similar acting skills, just average.

Sania Malhotra and Tripti are a few actresses who are far more superior in acting but sadly get fewer opportunities due to favoritism in Bollywood.

Edited by Kamala05 - 2 months ago
priya185 thumbnail

Yes I agree Taapsee is better than Alia liked her in pink, thappad and dunki