Which director 's sensibility appeals to you the most?

Poll

Which director 's sensibility appeals to you the most?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 3 years ago

Vikramaditya Motwane. So far he’s 100/100. I’ve loved all four films he’s made 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DushtKanya thumbnail

A mix of Imtiaz Ali and Shoojit Sircar. Shoojit seems to have some sort of discipline and organisation in the way he beautifully presents his characters, with endearing quirkiness. It's like they gel perfectly in the narratives. On the other hand, I like the abstractness in Imtiaz's movies. The lessons he tries to convey through his films push you to ponder but not only in one direction even though it might seem that way at surface-level, if I'm making any sense. That's the main reason I even quite liked Love Aaj Kal 2 tbh.

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: DushtKanya

A mix of Imtiaz Ali and Shoojit Sircar. Shoojit seems to have some sort of discipline and organisation in the way he beautifully presents his characters, with endearing quirkiness. It's like they gel perfectly in the narratives. On the other hand, I like the abstractness in Imtiaz's movies. The lessons he tries to convey through his films push you to ponder but not only in one direction even though it might seem that way at surface-level, if I'm making any sense. That's the main reason I even quite liked Love Aaj Kal 2 tbh.

Yes, you've explained it beautifully. Shoojit's films are more concrete and the writing is better, thanks to Juhi Chaturvedi's collaboration. But some of Imtiaz's movies are gems like Tamasha, Socha Na tha etc. They have this haunting quality about them.

mintyblue thumbnail

Originally posted by: Chameli_billi

Vikramaditya Motwane. So far he’s 100/100. I’ve loved all four films he’s made 

Lootera, Udaan and what are the other 2? Sorry, too lazy to Google the same.

Renee.Clare thumbnail
Most Liked (January 2024) 1 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Shoojit Sircar.

I am a fan of his movies. 

The way he tells a story through his movies with a message attached with it. There is a flow in his movies.  I easily connect with his movies. 

DushtKanya thumbnail

Originally posted by: mintyblue

Trapped and Bhavesh Joshi. 

And I agree with Chameli_Billi, all 4 were good movies. Trapped was so, so good! 

Renee.Clare thumbnail
Most Liked (January 2024) 1 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Trapped and Bhavesh Joshi 

mintyblue thumbnail

I haven't watched Trapped yet. Might catch it soon.

DushtKanya thumbnail

Yes, you've explained it beautifully. Shoojit's films are more concrete and the writing is better, thanks to Juhi Chaturvedi's collaboration. But some of Imtiaz's movies are gems like Tamasha, Socha Na tha etc. They have this haunting quality about them.

Oh yeah how could I forget Juhi? Kudos to them for crisp, witty writing 👏

They indeed do. Tamasha was brilliant and had many symbolisms, I could spend hours discussing interpretations and listening to perspectives. I'm still sad it didn't do well. There were so many layers to the characters and I like how Imtiaz inserted defining characters like the storyteller and the rickshaw driver as elements of epiphany/catharsis for Ved. Helped that Ranbir nailed that role 😌 Deepika was fabulous as Tara as well 😎

DushtKanya thumbnail

I haven't watched Trapped yet. Might catch it soon.

You shoulddd! Do share your review when you do, if possible 🤗