Who is a better director?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 5 months ago

Filmography:

Shoojit Sircar:

Varied Subjects: Sircar has explored diverse genres, from romantic comedies like "Vicky Donor" to slice-of-life dramas like "October."

Critical Acclaim: While not always box office blockbusters, Sircar's films are frequently praised by critics for their storytelling and performances.

Rajkumar Hirani:

Blockbuster Success: Hirani has consistently delivered box office hits. Films like "PK" and "Sanju" have been major commercial successes.

Awards and Recognition: Hirani's films have received numerous awards and accolades, making him one of the most celebrated directors in Bollywood.

Impact on Bollywood:

Shoojit Sircar:

Artistic Integrity: Sircar is often associated with a more artistic and nuanced approach to filmmaking. His films contribute to the evolving landscape of Indian cinema.

Rajkumar Hirani:

Mass Appeal: Hirani's films have a wide appeal, reaching audiences across age groups and demographics. His ability to blend entertainment with a social message has made him a trendsetter in Bollywood.

Who is a better director acc. to you?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Shoojit Sircar is versatile.

He directed Yahaan,Madras Cafe,Sardar Uddham Singh October..wrote Pink.His  films are  set in different parts of the country.From Kashmir to Tamilnadu..From Punjab to West Bengal

I like his mind, his thoughts, his social outlook..As a person-no comparison!

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

You stole my thoughts!!!!

He's my fave director!!!!

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Hirani is better imho 

Shoojit Sircar should make another Vicky Donor before he ends up like those Phantom films guys. 

ChanChanMan thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Hirani has mass appeal. The guy's name alone has the capability to pull crowds. 

Stone-Cold thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Hirani is the best director in India. smiley20

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Hirani. I don't really like him because he made movies like Sanju and PK. But his movies are sure shot successful. He almost never failed at box office. 

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

For Shoojit Sircar I only liked Piku. It is my all time favourite movie. But i don't watch his other movies.

1t1svat1t1s thumbnail

Hirani is good though he plagiarizes a lot of his work literally lifting scenes from the European and Spanish movies. 

Shoojit is the truly original talented director amongst the two for the reasons mentioned by You2 above. His one Yahaan is greater than most directors’ lifetime work.

AamirKingKhan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Raju for sure, Sanju was okay and Dunki looks like hot trash

3 idiots, Munna Bhai and PK are all amazing however smiley32