Vikram Bhatt: Stop witch hunt; look at it from Rhea's perception

kejshu thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Vikram Bhatt on ‘Witch Hunting’ of Rhea Chakraborty: She Must be Grieving Too And Fighting Battle of Perception

Vikram Bhatt says that one should look at the case from Rhea Chakraborty's perception also because she, too, must be grieving after losing Sushant Singh Rajput. Read on.

Published: August 1, 2020 12:31 PM ISTBy India.com Entertainment DeskEmailEdited by Vineeta Kumar

The film industry has largely been silent ever since Sushant Singh Rajput‘s father KK Singh filed an FIR against Rhea Chakraborty accusing her of abetment of suicide of his son. Filmmaker Vikram Bhatt, however, came out to talk about how one should not reach any conclusion and think of a ‘single girl’ Rhea who is fighting this battle all alone. In his latest interview with Hindustan Times, Bhatt said that we should not let ourselves be a part of the witch hunt targeting a grieving Rhea. 

The director of movies like 1920 and Haunted added that Sushant’s death is a great loss for Rhea also and while he understands the emotions of the family, he also knows that public perception is dangerous. “If the case is in Bihar, she will have to go there all the time. She is not denying an investigation. She also must be grieving, first of all from a loss, then grieving from public perception. Now everybody also wants to blame it on her. Let’s look at things from her point of view also, because isn’t that fairness? She is after all a single girl, who is fighting this battle of perception. I have been around here enough to know how perceptions can be created. It can be a very dangerous thing, so I wouldn’t like to join the bandwagon that wants to be a part of a witch hunt,” he said. 

Asserting that everyone ‘is innocent until proven guilty’, the filmmaker said that there are two sides of a story and in this case, while the bank account details are out, it is also likely that the money was transferred for a specific purpose that they knew about. Bhatt added that he’s not saying that SSR’s father is wrong but one can’t blame anyone before the court’s decision.

When asked about Mahesh Bhatt‘s name being taken in the case and his alleged involvement in SSR-Rhea’s relationship being questioned, the director said that there are many people who have recorded the statement with the police and that doesn’t mean that they are directly or indirectly related to the incident. He said, “He (Mahesh Bhatt) has specifically commented in his statement that he didn’t ask Rhea to have a relationship with him, or not have. He did meet him, but I am sure so did a thousand others! We should not be just clutching at straws on this one.”

Sushant died on June 14 and the Mumbai Police called it a suicide saying that they found the actor hanging to the ceiling fan of his apartment at Bandra’s Mont Blanc building.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IAdoreYou thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 8

A simple girl. 

Okay. 

kantalaga_ thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

🤣🤪 Budhao entered again to defend after Parveen Babi story back fired 🐷

CholeKulche thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Aagaye Ek aur Bhatt to defend!🤪

SriRani thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Stfu Vikram...someone arrest the whole Bhatt camp.

Edited by SriRani - 3 years ago
IAdoreYou thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: SriRani

Stfu Vikram...someone arrest the whole Bhatt camp.

IKR. Someone must. 

Ekaanek100 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Which bhatt is this one?

LiveEatLove thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

I am now sure Mahesh Bhatt and Rhea have something . Why will the Bhatts try so hard to protect her ?? 

Krantikari thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

I wonder what dirt Rhea has on the Bhatts...on second thoughts, I probably don’t want to know.🤢

Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: asmi_joya

Which bhatt is this one?

The ones that makes ridiculous horror films nobody watches. 😆

Edited by Wistfulness - 3 years ago