Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aarushh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Wonderful update yaar... nice progression... well written ... can't wait to read next update ..

mysticltales111 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4

Hellooo everyoneeeeeee

So here I am with the Next Update...please consider this to be like a Double Maha Update in One.

Haha.

So it's a LONG Update guys...13k plus Words Guys.

Will be Eager to know what you all think.

Thank you so much for your amazing feedback uptil now Guys.

Please ignore editing/common repition of words errors etc – since I have not proofread.

And I shall now let you all dive in without – further Delay.

CHAPTER 7 – TELL ME YOUR... 'DREAMS'.

Next Day – 18th February, 2019

Around 'Their' Trent Bridge Spot – 930 PM

ARNAV'S POV

Well.

Hmmmmm

Hello You All.

I don't know how many of you were able to Guess by My Hmmmm above – that I am kind off not in a Great Mood right Now.

Ok to be Honest

Pretty Much Bummed Out Actually.

Why? You Must be Wondering??

Then I guess – I gotta be Fair enough in telling you all the reason behind the Same.

So.

I'v been feeling pretty Bummed out since 630Pm actually, when Khushi's call came to Rahul that she couldn't make it to the late evening chilling and dinner time with us all, because the entire Women's Squad along with the Support teams had suddenly come with the plan that everyone was going to be Stepping out for a Dinner Evening Together – in like a full fledged Team outing, and she obviously couldn't miss that. Rahul + Anjali were really disappointed too and Rahul was all like – " Miss you Junior Ya...I barely get any time to hang out with you anyway...but yes I understand...you obviously cannot miss out on a team dinner, so you better take out time for us tomorrow evening surely...you will leave Nottingham on the 22nd morning anyway...and then I wont see you until I come to India...", and I watched in sheer disappointment (Which I was successfully able to mask in front of everyone), as my sister took the phone from Rahul and then conveyed pretty much the same of what Rahul did to Khushi too, and once they were done speaking to her over the phone , they hung up and Rahul just informed Akash and Me that Khushi wouldn't be able to make it tonight because she was busy with the team stuff happening. Akash was all like – " oh it was lovely meeting her yesterday wished she could make it...but its ok..we'll catch up with her tomorrow...", and I pretty much followed my brother's words and voiced out sentences based on those lines in front off Akash, Rahul and Anjali, but inwardly – I was bummed in a way that I couldn't explain, because in that moment I discovered that it truly was the first time ever, that I was feeling so bummed over a change in plans, and even though I understood the genuinity of the reason behind it, I figured it out instantly that I was feeling so very disappointed inwardly, probably because I had been waiting all day prior, to just see Khushi.

However, something immediately happened whilst the insides of my head were consumed in a Disappointed Maze, that kind off made me feel at a little bit ease instantly for a bit.

Something what?

A text message from Khushi – ofcourse.

She messaged me almost instantly about the change in plans too, and we got onto a little chat as I continued to chill with Rahul, Anjali and Akash in Akash's room in our Hotel. Actually I have had about three little chats with Khushi in all off today at different timings and I will give you all a glimpse into my Chatbox in a couple of minutes too.(As I await, Khushi's arrival to come meet me – she did message me that she would be here by around 945Pm).

But before I get around to giving you all a Glimpse into my Chats with Khushi – I have to state that I truly have had a very wonderful day hanging out with both my siblings + Rahul. We left for the Sherwood Forest Reserve around 11am, and my sister had once again chosen a natural forested countryside kind off setting to hang out and chill around at during the day – because since it was a weekday, it wasn't going to be very crowded which again was the perfect privacy setting for us all. And we kind off spent all day there, had a picnic lunch too, hiked around, as Akash and me focused on getting to Rahul better and Rahul was even more comfortable around us too today, so we really got all talking and catching up, which made Anjali very happy ofcourse. The Happiness was evident on her face all day as she saw Akash and me bonding with Rahul.Well to be honest, he is a kool guy, please note i am not being bias in my opinion just because he is Khushi's brother, I mean that does get him all added brownie points for real though..haha...but well yes the core is that he is a very good man , all honest, straight forward, friendly and sorted, and the more Akash and me are spending our time around him + Anjlai, we know what Anjali means by when she says that she wants to spend the rest of her Life with Him. They make each other very Happy. ( and well the fact that I found myself counting on hours and minutes in my head during our entire wonderful day, to meet his little sister later on, was another Story altogether. I mean guys, cmon the day was Wonderful, yes...but it would have been like a Cherry on the Cake if Khushi had been there too, for you can't really blame me, I was in a forest reserve with all trees around me, and what vision kept dancing around in the back my head?? The Vision from last night – when I sat on a tree branch talking to Khushi – of course). And we relaxed and chilled there all day until the Forest reserve was closing down at around 6ish which is when we cabbed It back to the Hotel and well right then I was getting all happy in my head thinking – oh just an hour until I see Khushi, and well her call came a couple of minutes later, and put me into that Bummed Out Zone.But then yes I was a little relaxed as I had that little chat with her then and then focused on spending some good time with Akash +Anjali + Rahul again. And well we all had a early dinner in the room again and Anjali+Rahul left like around 915pm, and Akash was anyway going to get on video calls with Payal since she was awake waiting up for him – so I just made my way here to the Trent Bridge then itself and thought off waiting for Khushi here itself by the Tree, we'v been talking around for the last couple of days.(and I have been more than just glad that theres been no one here apart from just Us on those occasions and it's the same right now too, I mean right now its Just Me ..Khushi will be here soon)

And well..I reached here five minutes ago everyone, and as It all sunk in that I truly had missed out on seeing Khushi the whole day today uptil now, just led to a rise in my disappointment again on its own accord, because I am scheduled to leave on 21st early morning. And its 18th night already – I just have a couple of more days to see Khushi regularly.(because I have absolutely no clue when will I get to see her again, back in India,(since I anyway have to be secretive about this for her sake) and I am also going to get all consumed with travelling too within the country as Australia comes in to tour, which is exactly when she will be returning to India from this England Tour, and I actually forgot to ask her about her Upcoming schedule/matches etc, or check it up online – I make a mental note to talk to her about it tonight. I mean I can look it up Online, but I think it'll be better to talk to her about it)

Hmmmm.

Ok wait. Guys.

Gotta Hold on the Thoughts.

My phone beeps.

I hope its Khushi and she better not tell me that she cant make it here right now – because then , I might just have to make a run into her Hotel and act all casual and cool and have a meet and greet with the Entire Women in Blue Team, on the pretext of just being able to get a Glimpse of Her.

Ha.!

I can't believe I just thought of that.

Dude.

I mean – whatssssssssss wrong with meeeee??

Anyways.

Guys, I just gotta hold onto my thoughts for a bit.

I got a text to look at first.

Sorry.

Priorities – You see.

Ok so yes, this text is from Khushi.

I read her Text.

Her : Skipper Blue...I will be there in Five Minutes. So like bang on 945PM, as I told you.

Please Note – My Insides grin and once again I discover that my Bummed out feels gets all lowered on the Bummed Out Meter, on its own Accord.

I quickly reply : which is great Khushi. I hope you had a good dinner.i am here already.

I get a reply instantly.

Her : oh yes indeed, it was an amazing team outing with everyone Skipper Blue. Really enjoyed myself...oh wait...im on my way to see you anyway no...ill tell you all about it then..bbye..

I chuckle as I read that.

Ok so now that I have five Minutes , and my chatbox with Khushi is open, its only fair enough that I give you all a glimpse into the little chats I'v had with her since morning.(Please note – that never have I ever, before have had Text Chats with anyone this way. Like even when I was dating Pia, we never kind of chatted much , it was more Video Calls + Phone Calls always.( which weren't like too lengthy conversarions anyway.Like none of us were about oh let's get into a never ending kind of conversations etc..) and here i already feel like that I can / want to have never ending conversations with Khushi..maybe because i do see a little bit off my mirror image in her...as in the core mirror image of who I am...I just have a feeling that she will understand me for who I am completely without being judgy about in her head or something). And also I think khushi is more comfortable to communicate this way through text with me right now because she obviously is always sharing rooms on tours etc, so she might not want to risk getting on a video call with me since she wants no one to know.Like not even Jess. So Yeah given the circumstances for now, I think I will have to resort to Whatsapp Chatting Platform to keep in touch with Khushi, and well to be honest again, Khushi is the first one for whom– I discover myself willing to make every effort to keep in touch through Chat.

Anyways.

Lets give you all a Glimpse into our Brief Chats.

My Chat with Khushi – at around 9:00 AM

Her : Goodmorning to you Skipper Blue.So since you asked me too, I am texting to let you know the status of the PS rounds with Jess where in I was playing the game on your behalf. I am like super happy to report that I won the round that I played on your behalf.

Me : Goodmorning to you Khushi, and well the news of the PS win most definetlly makes me grin Khushi. Thank you for letting me know.What are you upto?? Breakfast?

Her : no no skipper Blue...breakfast all done ya..just finished ten minutes ago..training +gym session starts at 930am .and we have a round up with the full team, and our coaches, before training today today which is at 915am. Did you have breakfast Skipper Blue??

Me : not yet Khushi.i am heading for some Gym + Swim time right now. Will catch up with Akash for breakfast after. You all seem to have an intense session lined up today, and if the coaches want to talk to you prior, then im sure, be ready for some extra training drills and doses today.

Her : haha...yes indeed...like totally!!!well you know exactly how it works don't you...Skipper Blue.Mira di already have us all a hint over breakfast that we better get ready to train until about 1230 Pm today and if the coaches insist on some extra drills( as you guessed already).it could go on even more...its going to be a gruelling session ya.

Me : ok so you are going to be in training till 1230 Pm then what after for you??we all plan to leave for the Sherwood forest reserve by 11am and are going to just chill there the whole day as you would know.

Her : yes yes..i am aware...Skipper Blue.you all have a good Day...and after training...going to have a little break to just relax for a bit and then early lunch and then off we go for net practice. Our time slot for the same is 2- 530pm today...we will reach back the hotel by 6ish I guess, after which I shall freshen up and come to catch up with you all by 7pm.

Me : and you have a hectic day ahead...all the best for practice Khushi...

Her : thank you Skipper Blue...ohhkk..i gotta go now...Jess is calling...bbyeeeee.

I had texted her around 1:30 Pm – while we all had taken a Little Break in our Hike around the Forest Reserve and I had the Visions of her Dancing around in my Head – because of all the Trees around.

Me at 130 PM : goodafternnon Khushi...how was training????

Her : goodafternoon Skipper blue...training was grueliingggg!!! We had a lot of extra drills too – only got done by like 115Pm...and just finished freshening up after and now headed down to catch up for lunch...since I am starvinggggg for real...gotta stock up on energy no..for the gruelling net session ahead for which we gotta leave by like 2 at the max ya.how is your day going with everyone??as in with my SuperBro?? He's kool no...Skipper Blue??

Me : Superbro?? You call Rahul Superbro??and yes he is very kool.He makes Anjali very happy...which makes me a happy brother.

Her : yes indeed...I do..i keep switching between bhai and superbro...haha...please know that Anjali makes bhai so very happy too...do you know the very first time I spent a couple of hours with them, I was sure in my gut instict that they are like made for each other.thank you so very much for being supportive of them Skipper Blue..

Me : really?? Were you sure in your gut instinct??do you trust on your gut instinct a lot too??

Her : oh yes I do..quite a bit actually...for its always shaped out well for me...ok to be honest I think a lot of us sportspersons are genuinely intuitive...a lot of us in the team are actually. what about you Skipper Blue?? Are you like an instinctive person too?? I kind of follow it through games too backed by my mindful strategies as well.

** I had chuckled when I had read her this text, because well I obviously couldn't tell her yet that it was my instinctive side that was guiding me to follow through the Cue's over everything I had been experiencing ever since I met her **

Me : yes I am an instinctive person too Khushi. I do rely on my gut instinct pretty much actually and yes I kind of follow it through games too backed by mindful strategies as well – too.So there you go...we have another thing in common.

Her : we do have a lot of things in common for real no...Skipper Blue. So very strange yaaaaa...Mr Stranger...haha...I mean now that I think off it I still cant believe I was literally even dressed in the same colours and attire like you on the day we first met...like how crazy was that...ohhkkk...I gotta rush now...going to stuff some food down now..so hungryyy...bbye Skipper Blue...have a wonderful day ahead..

** I had chuckled to myself reading that bit too, because obviously I do agree with her that it was a crazy encounter indeed...you know how we first met...but the more I looked back it..i was beginning to realise that maybe I was supposed to meet her that way, first before the mandate meeting through our siblings, and maybe all the common coincidences that came to light in the way they did that night – were supposed to be the signs to send the bells in my head..all ringing to look through this attentively..perhaps?**

Me :thank you so much Khushi..and well yes we do have a lot of things in common indeed...still cant believe you saved my no as Mr Stranger in your phone though...ok...you eat well and ill see you later in the evening...have a good net session too...

Her : arreeee...why can't you believe it?? Ok believe it ya...bbyeeee for real now.

Me : ook I will get myself to look at the fact that you definetly have coined me as Mr Stranger..Khushi..haha..ok...bbye for real Khushi.

And After this Chat was the message I received from her End after she had spoken to Rahul+ Anjali in front off me. Her text came at around 637PM.

Her : Skipper Blue...I just spoke to bhai and Anjali, and they did tell me that you all are chilling together in the hotel now and had a wonderful day today at the reserve all afternoon until 6ish, which is so very great....but...I just thought to message you too...that theres this sudden change in plans from my end...as in when we got to the hotel by 6ish...everyone just made this sudden team outing plan...and obviously I have to be there with everyone no...its going to so much fun...itll relax us all too..after the gruelling day we had..

Me : ofcourse Khushi...I understand..hanging out the full unit is always a good booster in a lot of ways. You have a good time ok??

Her : thank you so much SB.you have a good time too.

Me : SB?

Her : ohhh...initials for Skipper Blue...SB.

Me : ohh ok....so are you going to get very late hanging out with everyone??at the team outing??is our trent bridge plan on??only if you aren't too exhausted for the same though...

** please note – at this point I was really hoping that she's say yes that the plan was on and I was conflicted too because I obviously knew she'd be tired by the end of the day**

Her : so SB the plan is too leave for an early dinner soon...we all had a hectic day no...so mostly everyone is like we will get back to the hotel after the early dinner and just crash to sleep...so I guess we should be back by 930Pm.and no'I am not that exhausted actually..SB...so I will be able to see you at the Trent Bridge around 945ish...

** please note that at this point – my bummed up insides had cheered up a little on its own accord**

Me : ok great Khushi...ill see you there. do remember to get your blue book of cricketing observations ok?? so that you can practice the techniques in the nets tomorrow.

Her : ohh yes...thank you so very much for the reminder SB. I will surely carry it along in my bag. Gotta rush now SB...to get ready...before Jess goes all – rush rush rush Khushi on me.She doesn't like to get late for anything ever. Like even for a minute. Actually on that note – I don't like to be late too. I am quite the punctual one as well.Are you punctual too SB??

Me : yes I am Khushi..infact..i am always two minutes before time.so that's another thing in common then..haha..

Her : haha..like for real??? Like how strange is this ya...okkk...bye for real now...see you at 945 Pm SB.

Me : okk then..bye for real Khushi.See you at 945 PM.

I can't help but smile as I finish rereading the text chats with her, as I gave a glimpse of my chatbox to you all.

Ok.

She did ask me to give her a Code word too right?

Her names still saved in my phone as Khushi though.

I think I will just code it as – C.22( For now)

C – Cinderella.

22 – is a refection for (version Helmet and Bat because of 22 yards)

Haha.

Guys.

But that's for us to know – for now.

Ok so the time on my screen tells me its 945 PM and I look up from my phone, dishing it back in my tracks pockets and I get up from the spot I was sitting at against the tree trunk with my legs folded, and I find my eyes searching for Khushi on its own accord.

And right then I spot her walking up to me with grin up her face and she states fidgeting with the strap of her sling bag with her one hand and waved her phone to my face with her other hand and she states – " see Skipper Blue...its 945PM...here I am....like..bang on time...I told you...I am a punctual one indeed..."

I chuckle on reflex as I fold my hands over my arms amused and the insides of my head have discovered yet again – that the grin on her face and the twinkle in her eye along with the sight of her right now in front off me, just ended up dimming down that Bummed Out Meter – and Switched to Amping up on the Smitten Meter, on its own Accord.

She is not Dressed in her Hoodie and Denims today, for a change.(please note - she looks as captivating to my eye in the the casual relaxed look too anyway/just like she looks Captivating to my eye in her cricketing avatar too).Right now she is in a outfit which is a little more formal, maybe because she's coming here after the team dinner with everyone, and my eyes are once again having a difficult time in not staring at her.

Right now she is in a outfit which is a little more formal, maybe because she's coming here after the team dinner with everyone, and my eyes are once again having a difficult time in not staring at her        

Ok.Raizada.

Lets Try not stare Too Much.

Even though – You like her Hair Open on her, which is exactly how it is right swung sideways all huddled up and tucked behind her ears loosely and naturally. Her face is all strikingly fresh and natural as always..the highlight being the grin up her face and the Sparkle in her eyes.

I ask with a side smile – " ok...so Khushi...are we going to climb on the tree again?? or are we going to sit here on the ground and talk??"

She chuckles as she gets her sling bag off herself and stations herself on the ground against the tree trunk now and puts her sling bag in her lap as she states folding up the sleeves of her warm dress uptil her elbows – "of course on the ground ya...Skipper Blue...I most definitely am not climbing up a tree when I am not dressed in my denims or tracks..and welll...these shoes...I haven't worn heels in a couple of days no...and I ofcourse don't want a shoe bite ya...so now that I am done with all the formal stuff....i am just dying to take them off....you wouldn't mind would you????"

I grin as I station myself on the ground too folding up my legs comfortably and this time I sit In front of her and I say – " why would I mind Khushi...please be comfortable.."

And I see her give me a grin as she plonks her shoes off her feet immediately now and flexes both her feet a little and she states happily folding her feet back in a cross and plonks her bag on her lap again – " well..now that does feels good....i am telling you Skipper Blue...one day I shall write a article called the Curious Woes of High Heeled Shoes....i mean personally I have like a love hate relationship with them...for there are times I love to wear them..but then my feet aren't used to them much no since im always in comfortable sports wear...so after a couple of hours of having them on..my feet go all revolting on me ya..."

I grin as I admit – " ok...that's surely a very intriguing title Khushi..."

She grins and her eyes twinkle happily – " it is no????"

I grin and nod and I ask – " okk...so you look all happy and relaxed today....and well to be honest I am just happy that you aren't embarrassed to look into my face today..."

Khushi grins as she admits – " ok...so you have to know this...I think there's a mysterious bubble of comfort starting to bubble around me, when it comes to you Skipper Blue...I mean...for real..."

I chuckle – " a mysterious bubble of comfort?? God khushi you crack me up...I anyway am still digesting the fact that you called me a yorker yesterday..."

But – I liked the Sound of what she Said.

I only want her to be Surrounded in this Mysterious Bubble of Comfort – around me.

She chuckles as she states gesturing with her hand up to me with her palm – " haha...ok..hear me out no Skipper Blue...you know ever since we started like chatting and stuff...iv been thinking to myself...look at how easy it is to talk to Skipper Blue, which is most definetly because he is such a kind, grounded, friendly gentleman indeed..and on that accord, I do think that its safe to assume that we can be great friends indeed..what do you think Skipper Blue???"

Ok.Dearest Clueless Captivating Cinderella, you have no clue that Friendship isn't exactly the only thing that I have in my mind when it comes to you...but I guess for now...ill have to take the Step on that and Follow it through.

I nod grinning – " exactly, I think we can be great friends too Khushi..."

She grins as she states pointing her three fingers at me – " ok...so now that's decided that...we can be great friends...please note you are like basically three things now no 1 – you are obviously Skipper Blue...one of my cricketing inspirations...",and she folds her one finger as I say – " ahhann...go on...",she grins – " no 2...you are also Anjali's Brother...and she is the woman my brother loves...",and I grin as I say – " yes..i pretty much am that too..." and she smiles and continues now folding the third finger adorably – " and no 3...you are also like Mr Stranger with whom I think I can be great friends with too you know since we do have like so much in common and especially the love for cricket ya...so...then I was thinking to myself on my way here...that what if I just looked at that No 3 spot for once you know where in you are Mr Stranger, my friend with whom like I have so many things in common like for real by chance...and just as I did that Skipper Blue...like puff all the nervousness and intimidation just vanished yaa...and this mysterious bubble of comfort started to surround me...so yes...that's why I am not feeling embarrassed or nervous at all today...you know now that we have a consensus on that ,that we can be great friends...indeed...."

I grin as I admit happily – " and I am so very happy to hear you say that Khushi...for real......"

She hands her hand out to me for a handshake as she states dramatically– " it's a done.deal then...Skipper Blue...I am so very glad that my friendship application has been processed by you...its an honour to be your friend..."

I chuckle as I shake her hand and I say – " well please know that the honour is all mine...Khushi.."

She chuckles as her eyes twinkle – " there you go...being the Kind Yorker again Skipper Blue..."

I grin – " ok...cmon tell me...how was dinner?? And are you tired much?? You had a long day..."

Khushi grins – " wellll....not really...like I told you....wait...let me tell you all about Dinner...first...it was good...really really good you know...all of us were there...and....we went to this amazing place in the city center....", and she starts to tell me all about how her dinner and team outing went with everyone, and I listen on keenly and bedazzled because of the play of happy expressions on her face as she talked about it all and about fifteen minutes later once she is done with talking about it all she grins as she says leaning back comfortably into the tree trunk – " cmon then...Skipper Blue...its your turn now...you tell me how did dinner go...bhai already did text me that it was all great...but cmon lets hear your version off it too..."

I nod happily as I say – " okkkk so you want to know my version off it all...too..."

Her eyes are twinkling so happily that I think it has the power to put the stars to shame right now. She says – " ofcourse...hearing you say how kool my brother is..will make me a happy sister no..."

I grin as I say – " okkk...so here it goes...my version...",and I tell her all about how I had an amazing time with Rahul, Akash and Anjlai and I do admit to her that I really was also enjoying this time off with my siblings after ages because I knew she would understand.

Minutes later as I finish telling her all of that she nods as she leans back into the trunk – " I know ya Skipper Blue...as in I understand..i know exactly what you mean...for real...so I am happy for you that you could spend some good time with them...for after this as you go back...its going to get very hectic for you na...cricket wise...I think Australia in coming to tour na the matches start on 28th right??and then after that I think the IPL will begin for you all too..."

I nod as I say – " yes...which is exactly why I wanted to come here to just be with Akash and Anjali both for a couple of days...im so glad I came...I think coming to Nottingham right now was like a very good decision indeed...", and I lock my eyes with hers in the hope that she gets the underlying hint in my voice, but to my dismay her eyes reflect no recognition of the hint I was trying to convery to her as she states warmly – " I understand...ofcourse...you being here..made Anjali very happy too...you have no idea how excited she was about it when I met her on that first day when you were like in the flight...Skipper Blue"

A Clueless Freaking Yorker into my Face Again.But Its also very High on the Charming Meter.

I instabtly remember that I wanted to ask her this and I ask – " hey...whats your schedule like this after this tour...as in with the international matches and tours???whats coming up after???"

She smiles as she explains – " well...so yeah now that you asked...another reason why we are training so very hard this time for the T20 series with England right now Skipper Blue...like we want to give it our all... because after these 3 t20's we kind off don't have any international matches until towards the end off September, which is when we tour South Africa again...and after this..we all return to our respective domestic seasons..."

WAIT?

WHAT?

I WASN'T AWARE OF THIS.

SEPTEMBER IS SIX FREAKING MONTHS AWAY.

I am sure that the surprised shock was evident in my face as I ask – " whattttttttttt????? You cant be serious?? Freaking six months away??? No ODI or international T20 match until then?? At all????howww is this even possible???where in our..." I pause as I see a flash of sadness flash through her eyes now and I admit – " I truly wasn't aware that there are such long gaps in India Womens fixtures and schedule for real khushi..."

She nods as she shrugs her shoulders and states with a sigh – " yup...I guessed that Skipper blue by the surprised shock on your face...but then I guess...that's just how it is planned by the BCCI for now...like this year..."

I ask immediately – ' how many ODI's and International T20's scheduled for this year??what are your fixtures like???"

She says instantly – " 12 ODI's and about 17 t20's and like two tours are away and two are home as in , in India. And out of the entire schedule so like in Jan, NZ was touring India, and then we came here to England, and its like even though we are just in feb we are done with half of the ODi matches...like 6 already...and by the time we finish this tour we will be done with 6 t20's too....and then in September Oct we are touring South Africa for 3ODI + 6 t20 match series and then West indies come in to tour November end until beginning December for the remaing 3 ODI + 5 T20 match series...yup.......so yeahhh that's all that's lined up for this year actually....."

OK.

GUYS.

THIS IS FREAKING LITERALLY HALF OF OURS.

WE HAVE BEEN /ARE SCHEDULED TO PLAY THE DOUBLE OF THIS + THE IPL.

Which is so very Unfair, because more fixtures mean more exposure and opportunities with International counterparts which does lead to a lot of Learning in the process too along side everything that we adapt from Our in house cricketing talent in the Domestic Seasons.

I think the surprise and shock is so very evident on my face as I am fending over what words I can say right now after discovering this point ,because I hear Khushi say softly now – " I know...you are so shocked because this is literally like not even half the schedule of what the BCCI fixes for you all in a year no...I mean I know its so freaking jamm packed for you all so much so that you once stated in an interview that you all often don't get time for just practices and prepping as a team because you are playing so many matches or touring around...isn't it?? And then ofcourse you also have test matches series too in the schedules , and the IPL..."

I rub my hands over my face m disturbed for real over this discovery and I ask – " and aren't the officials in charge who are looking after your fixtures etc and scheduling doing anything about arranging more I international  fixtures?? I mean I am sure Mira and the seniors have spoken about this to the BCCI..."

Khushi gives me a heartfelt smile – " well ofcourse they have spoken Skipper Blue...and Mira di did say that the officials did mention that they will look at organising more fixtures for us for next year...and infact Mira di and everyone did say that all our legendary seniors are also in talks with BCCI for arranging something like an IPL for us Too...so we have full faith that things are going to get better in terms off more opportunities coming our way....so yes...fingers crossed for that...I am an optimist Skipper Blue...I am going to have faith..and continue believing that performance in the game is like the key...we keep doing that as a unit...and things will only get better for us internationally... ",and she crosses both her fingers of her hands in a cross, sincerely and states - " and so yeah basically after this tour everyone returns to their respective domestic teams and set ups until we all regroup a little before the tour of SA in September..and personally well I play for the Under 23 team in our domestic no...so our domestic tournaments for t20 kind off are scheduled to start around the same time as IPL too, however venues are all different registered smaller stadiums across the country ofcourse...as you would know how it is in the domestic set up..so yeah ill be occupied with that for about a couple of months too and you know what Skipper Blue...to be honest...atleast ill get to play ya...I mean I know our domestic matches don't get media coverage, live telecasts etc, but the scores do get uploaded online on the websites atleast...so yeahh like I told you before for me... in the end it all borders down to my love for the game..to just being able to play cricket...be it domestic or international..."

I feel my Heart Swell with Immense Respect for her again as I take in the sight off the sincerity, shining through on her face right now as I say – " khushi...I don't know what to say to be honest...I mean I honestly think its commendable for you to look at all of this positively this way and not let it deter your spirit or love for cricket..."

Khushi smiles – " thank you Skipper Blue...but to be honest, it not just me who thinks this way...like the entire unit likes to focus on being positive nothetheless....because if we don't focus on optimism...we'll go mad ya...and I most definetly try my level best to always keep my focus on being positive...for I feel if I don't do that personally...itll make me bitter towards my game...and Its like I know what cricket means to me...I could never do that to myself or to the love I have for cricket..so basically I am kind of just helping myself in the process of being positive....and ofcoruse I am studying too no side by side like doing my undergraduation through correspondence as i talked about it at dinner yesterday..to Akash...".I nod at her in acknowledgment of the same...and she continues- "so then yeah iv also got those exams coming up...in a couple of months..like right after the domestic season finishes for us...so..yeah..then ill just get busy studying too alongside just practicing cricket still...and now that reminds me...that its time to study cricket for a bit...for that's going to help me improve as a sportsperson right??as in I need to keep learning, learning and learning.. So If you don't mind Skipper Blue...can I take out my blue book of cricketing observations please????"

Ok.

So.

My respect for her as a Sportsperson – keeps on multiplying with every passing second,too.

I nod at her silently with a genuine smile, and she instantly unzips her bag and starts to take out her stuff like notebook,pen etc.Meanwhile my head is going on a thinking spree over everything she just said to me. I most definitely want to have a talk with Mira about this, as to understand what communication has she had with the BCCI officials about this issue with international fixtures etc, because there are a lot off things that Captains and coaches kind off keep to themselves – I am obviously aware.

I cant help but smile even though a zillion thoughts are occupied in my head and as I watch khushi grin in sheer glee and her eyes twinkle excitedly as she flashes her blue notebook to my face now and she says – " ok Skipper Blue...so before you get down to helping me with techniques and stuff...I want to show you something..."

I instantly shift my focus back to Khushi completely,as I ask geunuinely intrigued, my hand reaching out for her Blue Notebook, which is literally like the same colour of blue as our Jerseys and it's a Divider Notebook as in you know how Notebooks have Divisions in them – " cmon give it to me...I want to see it..."

Khushi chuckles as she takes her notebook away from my hand and she states excited – " ofcourse Skipper Blue...ill show you everything...but its like I have to show you in a particular order...so just so you know this is the latest edition of my notebook its just half way through listed with observations...I have a lot of older ones that I have kept always over the years...as I note and jot down various observations of star cricketing players all over the world..both male and female...over the years.."

I ask amazed – " reallyyyyy???you jot down all that you observe...."

Why am I amazed?? Becuase even though I observe a lot on games too...I just keep it all boxed up in the insides of the memory disk in my head..I truly never even thought of jotting it down.

She nods excited– " yup...really..like mostly...so I obviously want to start with showing you the section of the notebook that I write down observations from our teams..as in both yours and mine...as in the men and women in blue...and ok...well...fine...ill start with showing the pages I section aside for observations noted from observing a game of one some Skipper in Blue...",she finishes with a soft chuckle,and I grin too, as I gesture her to show me her notebook now as I say – " cmon then...show me...please...",and she finally flips open her notebook excited and she states sighing dramatically – " oh my god..i cant believe I am about to show this to you for real though...."

I chuckle as I take the notebook from her hand now and see the page on which she's written my Name in the Heading TITLED – CRICKETING OBSERVATIONS – SKIPPER ASR.

I look up at her instantly as I ask with a side grin – " how come you haven't written Skipper Blue here..."

Khushi rolls her eyes as she states – " ohooo...cmon ya Skipper Blue...don't take my case now...see..read no...are my observations correct...iv listed it all my observing how you play your techniques as much as I can pick up on by replaying matches etc in my free time and I categorise it in different pages ODI/t20 and even though I don't play test..i still observe it...see no..."

Ok.

Her excitement is way too Infectious – everyone.

I quickly scan through the pages in front of me flipping through it and I must admit that I am impressed that she's got her observations all listed out quite detailed and almost on point...and I chuckle on reflex as I see a subsection heading where she has written – ASR  DRIVE'S, and under the section shes listed out the names of all the Drive shots, and tick marked the ones she thinks shes gotten right, and the ones she thinks she hasn't figured out shes made a question mark against it.

Shes totally adorable even in her Notes – everyone.

As I am scanning it all through her voice falls in my ears – " so obviously since you have a different shot selection for T20/ODI Iv listed it out differently...ok to be honest...im working on practicing what I have observed from your and Rohan sirs shot selections in ODI /t20 games in the nets  in the last month a lot...you know how hes all excellent with his pull shots too...right?? And ofcourse iv been practicing on the drive techniques too based on how you play straight vs cover....and I cant beleive that today I'm literally sitting here and talking to you about this...ya...thank you so much Skipper Blue..like for real.....you know what I just pinched myself a little to check what if this is like a dream...haha..."

I look up instantly as I ask with a chuckle my eyes locking with hers – " really???did you just pinch yourself for real"

She nods and says excited – "yes...yes.. i did...ok..so what do think Skipper Blue as in ...my detailed observations??I obviously am dying to know what you think about this...you know like it's a chance  to know it straight from the horses mouth..wait.. I think I'm going to pinch myself again..."

I chuckle as I say – " ok...no need to pinch yourself again Khushi...and wait..ill tell you all about what I think about this..first..let me also scan through the current things youv listed off all other players too, women and men both..."

She nods excited. " yes please...look it all through no.."

I flip through the section of us Indian players both men and women and I see that shes made detailed lists in the similar manner as she made one under my name – for all excellent team members that we have...actually she's got mostly all of her squad players names on it listed with what shes observed/learning off their game and then almost all of our squad names on it too – along with everything she's observed/ and is trying to learn from their games.

Guys to be Honest.

This is amazing.

As in her Notes.

Never have I ever seen so much minute detailing.

I continue to flip through the pages in which shes listed out similar details off some current star players of both Men and women cricket from the Australia/England/New Zealand/South Africa/Pakistan/WI etc...and I am beyond amazed as I see it all listed so amazingly.

She's really very Passionate about this Blue Book of her's.

Its like she is Studying Cricket. This is truly the stuff and data that Game analysts keep on them.Its that amazingly listed out.For Real.( I am not being Biased about this at all)

Once I finish looing through it all , I look up at her as I say impressed, sure that the admiration was in my voice– " this is amazing Khushi...trust me...like for real....its like you are studying cricket...through players... this is truly the stuff and data that game analysts keep on them..its that detailed..and good... "

Khushi grins excited as she states – " ohkkk...so now I feel like I am going to faint in happiness hearing that from you...thank you so much Skipper Blue..and yes I know what you mean when you say that it's like That's me studying cricket..for..its my favourite subject..what can I say..." and I chuckle at her fondly too as our eyes lock and she states now with an excited smile - " but you know what...Skipper Blue..this is like obviously now theres so much data to anaylyse right...but I try not to go to crazyyy over it too...I just like to be detailed in my notes and lists otherwise too you know...I'm like this notes+ list maker .."

I chuckle - " really?? Otherwise too??

Khushi nods- "yup.. yes...totally...ok so what I mean is that with regards to the game....i obviously store all this observations in the back of my head, and try to practise what works for me and what doesn't on the field during practice time or game time, backed by my gut intuition...and it feels like I am pouring in my sense off emotion into my game as i play....my cricketing emotions aRe a very important element of my game..indeed..."

I nod my head even more impressed now – ' which is great Khushi..for real...listen..here's the deal my friend...if you want those notes on my drive techniques...you promise me that you are going to let me make a photocopy of your notebook...and not just this one, but the previous ones as well..."

Khushi's eyes widen in surprise and daze as she asks – " what.????????you cant be serious Skipper Blue...i mean...this is just all stuff that I like to jot down ya...most of it might not even be right....please ya...you are so very kind to even say that..."

I admit honestly – " it doesn't matter if what youv observed is right or wrong khushi...what matters is the fact that this reflects how you'v observed players and their games...cmon this will surely help me for real...like for example youv even jotted down..how one of those aussie spinners, NZ Pacers and SA brilliant leg break spinner likes to mark up their steps in yards and lengths in a systematic pattern..before bowling a killer delivery which usually turns out to be wicket taking one....dude...trust me...your notes will help me study the minute details too...I mean it...for real Khushi....as in I always keep my observations in my head...and I think it'll be nice to have something to look out at organised..when it's all bundled up in the head for better recall...we obviously have analysis meetings with the experts too..but what I mean is..it'll be excellent for me for real if I have your notebook handy with me.. ."

Khushi's eyes widen now as she asks dazed – "like for real?? You want my notes for real????

I nod.

She grins – " ofcourse ill share them with you ya Skipper Blue...like without a doubt...but you know what only Jess has seen my these notebooks...and now you would have..."

And I grin as I admit – " and I am so glad that I have seen the Amazing game stuff and data youv noted down....Khushi..."

Khushi states excited now taking her notebook from me – " ok...so cmon tell me all about your cover drive technique no..i mean im sure you spotted a big question mark around it already..."

I chuckle as I admit – " ok...see this...". I pick my right wrist in front of her as I say – " so usually when you want to play a cover drive, you make this minor twist in the wrist work..in comparison to what you would do when you play a straight drive..."

She nods as she's observing my wrist work and she says with a adorable smile - "hmmm...I get it... ok how about you show me...Skipper Blue...pretty please....like...can you get on your feet and pretend as if you are batting the shot out right now...I can observe that way better..."

I chuckle as I nod.

She asked so Adorably – I couldn't help it Ok everyone. I get up on my feet now and show the stance and the wrist work to her that I use to fire a cover drive just pretending to Bat imaginarily without a bat in my hand for real so that she can observe on it.

Haha.

Guys this is Funny.

But Khushi's really serious about this...as shes observing and taking down notes now...and she then requests me to show her my stance and hand and wrist work with a couple of more shots and I happily oblige because I obviously want to share my experience with these shots with her and also because she's totally looking way too Captivating to my eyes right now as she goes about writing in her notebook.

How can I be this Smitten even by seeing her Jotting down on Cricketing Notes??????

But well...I most surely am.

About ten minutes later of observing and taking on Notes, she states Happily closing her Notebook with a grin – " ohkkk done for now...Skipper Blue thank you so very much for the live demonstration...it was truly an honour to see this from you live...and...I am so practicing that in the nets tomorrow...Skipper Blue...for real...like thank you so very much ya....",and I take my seat back and shoot her a no worries smile as I say happily – " well I am getting a copy of your notes anyway...so its like a win win for me Khushi..." and she grins and she states holding up her wrist to me – " ok see...how about this...ill try to show you the technique with the wrist work just once...ok?let me know if I got it right..ill obviously practice it out tomorrow...and see if it works for me...and just in case it doesnt you will help me out again na??"

I nod and I watch her display out exactly what I showed her with my wrist and I admit – " yup...looks good...practise it tomorrow and let me know..how it worked out ok??and ofcourse I'll help you out with it..incase it doesnt work for you..."

She nods excited now and she states – "pakka*infinity se...",and I chuckle now and just as I am about to pull her leg with the same a little now she asks, softly keeping her notebook back in safely in her bag – " can I tell you something Skipper Blue??like it's one of my dreams I am working my way towards right now...I feel like you will obviously understand.. "

" ofcourse khushi...please do...", I say encouragingly.

She looks up now as she states her eyes all filled with emotion – " you know na Skipper Blue next year...we have the T20 World Cup coming up in the latter part of the year....i really really want to get selected in for the team for the National Squad for the World Cup...it will be like really...Huge for me , if I get selected for the World Cup Squad...that's why I am like so determined to work so very hard...like as hard as its needed to retain my position in the national squad...you know our domestic pool is full of talent so its obviously very competitive...you know how it is in our sport na...I just need to get my game to do the talking....like I am so very ready to give it my all...so that the selectors eventually select me for the World Cup Squad...its my current dream that I am working towards Skipper Blue..."

I grin as I say - " continue playing with the love and passion and self belief that you do Khushi...and I am sure your bat will do the talking for everyone to see...I most definetly see you being selected for the World Cup squad if you keep playing the way you did in the 3rd ODI..."

Khushis eyes light up immediately as she asks - " really???? Like you really think soooo???"

I nod and admit sincerely- " yup...ofcourse...I really think so..."

And she closes her eyes and states pretty much to herself adorably  - " okkk Khushi..you just heard that from Skipper blue...for real.. you most surely can do this....you can go the distance....just keep believing in yourself...and play with honesty,integrity,love  and conviction..and keep dreaming on....and continue beleiving in your dreams Khushi...and never give up..for if you won't believe in your dreams...then who will...??"

I chuckle fondly as I find myself being drawn to the Vision of her so sincere in her Self Talk.

Why??

Because once again in the moment...I feel like shes a Mirror Image of the Version off me that I was..when I started out new in the NATIONAL squad.

And just as I am about to tell her...that I beleive in her Dreams too she opens her eyes and says - " ohkk so to let you in on a another dream which is like a prerequisite to this World Cup Squad dream...Skipper Blue.."

I grin - " tell me all about your Prerequisite dream too Khushi..."

I wanted her to tell me all about Her Dreams. I wanted to hear it all.

She grins - " ok so it's a pretty obvious one...well it's the dream to retain my contract too with the BCCI..you know they renew the contracts in December no...its like I am aiming to play so well u till then...that I am hoping to retain my contract just in time for the next announcement..because If I make the contract list again.. then my chances of getting selected into the world Cup squad are like quite good no...."

Ok.

So everyone – the BCCI has us all in retainer contracts divided into different grades like A+, A, B and C for the mens team( I obviously started out as contact cateogory C, and currently I am in the A+ contract as Skipper along with a lot of our main star players who play in all formats of the games in the squad...) and our annual salary depends on the basis of the contract we have for the year, and we all obviously get match fees too for every ODI/Test/t20 match we play for the country. Match fees continues for Domestic Season players too but the contract isn't there.

And the contract system started out for our women team only like a couple of years ago, infact I am aware that BCCI was one of the last boards to get our international women players on Contract retainers and they have graded it like A,B C , and I think they do get the match fees too but I am obviously aware that a huge pay disparity exists even on this spectrum, which I think is very unfair too.Our Women Counterparts annual contract amounts are literally like around One/tenth of what ours are in every category, and I also know that the match fee difference is also like 1/4th as in... the fees that we get...our womens team gets like around 1/4th of that. Infact when they got in the annual contract system for the women players – both Cap Dev and me, even had a discussion with the officilas for he was captain and I was his vice captain then that the pay disparity is so huge which is an unfair point of reflection again...in between the womens and the mens team and as one of the most successful cricket boards in the world, we most definetly should be working towards reducing this pay disparity gap, and not let gender be the defining difference atleast.

I ask inquistive – " you on contract grade B right now Khushi???"

Khushi chuckles as she shrugs her shoulders – " when has a new player ever gotten a contract grade b straight away Skipper Blue..iv started with C ofcourse...I do aim to make it to the contract grade b soon as in you know since they do grade the contracts with regards to the importance of the player in the team unit....i do aim to be an integral part of the unit indeed...you know with time....i just hope I can make it there too...like you know..step by step..theres joy in that journey no...."

I smile at her as I say – " ofcourse Khushi...i understand..and...you will get there...I mean looking at how dedicated and passionate you are with your game...I am sure...you will be an integral part of the unit very soon...on that note...I started out with contract c too...so see...another common factor..."

Khushi chuckles as she states – " thank you so much for your kind words...Skipper Blue..maybe I should also make a list of everything we have in common now ...for that list only keeps on increasing...as well....."

I nod as I grin at her – " yes please...lets make that list...",and we share a warm laugh and because I want to know how she or everyone in the team feels about this I ask – " so obviously I am aware of the pay disparity too Khushi...as in its huge not only in between contract grades too but match fees's as well...how do you and everyone on the team feel about this????"

Khushi shrugs her shoulders as she states – " oh yes...well the disparity was all openly talked about it the tabloids and media when the contract grade lists and retainer salary amounts came out for us..for it was instantly being compared...with all of yours...ok so to be honest I think as a team...and even personally too...not most of us are looking at addressing that issue right now, although yes it obviously does feel unfair specially in terms of the match fee component...because we play the same game..with same fervour, and a lot off passion and gruelling hardwork....i mean we do also think its somehow understandable to have difference in the annual retainer contracts amounts since we obviously also don't play as much as you all do , and women's cricket doesn't generate that much revenue for the board too right because well there's no crazy amounts of media rights etc coming in the picture...so yeah its like we all know that the BCCI funds out the Womens team on the basis of the revenue that it generates from mens cricket mostly...which is a fact right..so...its like I think our seniors and officials will obviously be addressing these concerns with the board too but i think...its like you gotta go step by step in here too right...first priority is to create awareness in the country about our game with our performances.. so that everyone can see that we play too right that we have talent as well...and maybe eventually with time this pay disparity will lessen too then as a chained affect of it all...and well honestly....if I look at the positive side of this.. until a couple of years ago...even the contract system wasn't there...and now its come in and its only been improving too bit by bit every year...so yes...once again the optimistic me will like to believe that its going to only be good from here on...for us, on every spectrum..."

How is she so freaking Sorted and Straight forwarded in her Head with regards to all of this??

My Respect for her continues to reach a all Time High Guys.

I admit with a genuine smile – " ofcourse khushi...it think so too..as in it most definitely will only get better from here....as well...we keep suggesting the board to actively develop norms on various spectrums of womens cricket...everytime a discussion happens..."

Khushi smiles – " ofcourse Skipper Blue...mira di, jharna di..all seniors iv met they always tell us how supportive you, Cap – D or infact the entire men in blue team is off our women's team....and I think Mira di also mentioned that one of the offcials did tell her that you and cap dev were very active in voicing out your concerns over the pay disparity issue to the board, which made them reanlayse the contract figures for our teams contracts last year as well ...why do you think you are no 1 on my inspiration list ya Skipper Blue...you are such a great sportsperson....like always wanting to be fair and square....i am aware....i really did always respect you a lot for your thoughts too...as in over everything I would hear...and look at my luck...I am getting to voice it out this to you in person too....like right very now...."

I chuckle as I admit - " and I shall say it again...that its an absolute honour to be No 1 on your list Khushi indeed..ok...now that you mentioned it...cmon lets hear out the rest of your list...cmon...."

Khushi chuckles – " okk then...so no 2, ofcourse Cap – D ya...I mean do I even need to say anything there...and I already know that you are his big fan too...you'v said it so many times in the media...."

I grin as I admit – " oh yes indeed....i am...my golden captain...I still call him that...he literally is like a cricket academy on his own Khushi......"and I feel I can say this out loud to her so I do – "you know back in my earlier days, as and when Cap D would back me up along the way, it really meant the world to me too, infact to all of us players in the team. and personally, you know there was a time I really went through a low slump in a Test Series here in England in the year 2013, but I got through it back up on my feet because he was always there, motivating me, guiding me along the way, as to how I could cope and adapt through it, I surely wouldn't have gotten through that rough patch without his support and guidance along ever...he's truly been one of a kind...my golden captain..", I pause on with a fond chuckle.

She states instantly – " ok...so you are not just his fan..you really still look up to him don't you ?? to Cap D I mean as an inspirational Captain that he was?? as in you know some people might find it intimidating you know to still have the ex Captain playing in the team...but by your tone just now,and everything you just said... I could sense that you probably don't find that intimidating at all, and are very happy about it instead and have embraced it as a part of the learning curve..."

I admit happily – " well and I am surprised that you guessed that by my tone Khushi...as in a lot of people don't get it..you know the sorted out equation that me and Cap D have...its like people always want to talk about oh maybe theres some ego issues in there and all stuff like that....when actually there really isn't ever...never has been...because to me theres not like a competition in my head at all... you know as if theres race or something in whose captaining the side better....thats all the matter for tabloids and media to talk about...it never gets into My head at all...for hes been my hero Khushi...my captain, the only captain I have ever played under ever since I joined the national squad and I learn so much from him even today and I am so very glad that he's still there with me, with us, behind the stumps in the team...I often seek his guidance on the field too during the match as an when I feel I need his inputs and experience in the middle of the game,for there's literally no one who knows the game better than him...he's a legend that I really look up too...I do respect him a lot...indeed...."

Khushi grins as she states – " that's amazing Skipper Blue and very inspirational....again...I mean its amazing to have that sorted a dynamic...good on you ya..."

" thank you so much Khushi...ok...now cmon tell me all about no 3, 4, 5 on that list too..."

She chuckles – " really?? You want to know all about no 3 , 4 and 5 too??"

I say – " ofcourse, please tell me..."

She grins happily – " well no 3 would be your star opener Rohan ofcourse, you know I dream to hit double centuries for India one day too , just like him...."

I grin as I admit – " I think I can admit this to you right now, that we share that same dream Khushi...I mean..i most definitely admire Rohan's game a lot too personally as a sportsperson...I so want to hit a double century like him for India too one day...my career best is a 180 not out....."

She chuckles – " thank you for telling me that Skipper Blue, and I am obviously aware about your career best..and well...its like....you both are so awesome...like No 1 and No 2 currently in the ICC ODI rankings respectively..how kickass is that...really....once again...id like to tell you that its a amazing feat indeed..."

I state with a grin - " thank you so much Khushi...ok...tell me no 4 and no 5..."

She states all excited - "Well that would be your ace bowler Ravi and the middle order all rounder Veer...skipper Blue..."

I grin – " well once again Khushi...our list matches, because I am a big admirer of both their games too...".and Just as I am about to tell her that I have a excellent personal equation with all the players on her list, I hear her ask softly – " can I talk to you about another one of my dreams too right now??i have a feeling you will understand again...and not be all judgemental about it.."

I say immediately – " ofcourse please...tell me..."

She looks at me as she states with a underlying tinge of longing in her voice –" You know what Skipper Blue...I Dream to Play in front off a Jamm Packed Stadium in a Home Game one day,as in back in India with the feel off having our Nation cheer for us too, as fanatically and crazily as they do for you all...Like the stadium be so jam packed that theres not even room for a single more person in the stands.....Hopefully...One Day....."

And once again.

I get her.

I understand.

I know why she is saying this.It isn't because she's trying to make me feel odd here, It is because – she longs for this as a sportsperson, as a player.

I say immediately wanting to comfort her,locking my eyes with her – " I understand Khushi, I know you aren't saying this to make me feel odd out here right now, I understand that you long for this as a sportsperson, as a player...which is only natural...because the crowds in the stands cheering up on the game is like a big high indeed.... and you know what...you  will most definitely reach there soon, you all most definitely will - like you keep saying the awareness and interest in Womens Cricket is on the rise in India for sure...its only going to get better from here on...right???remember???? "

She looks up at me instantly this time around, and gives me a heartfelt smile and her eyes are filled with overwhelemed emotion as she states , giving me a knowing look – " thank you so very much Skipper Blue...or I should call you the kind Yorker again... "

I smile at her as I say immediately taking out my phone to her – " haha..very funny...and I think its exactly the point where the kind Yorker would say...how about we listen to go the distance by Michael Bolton right now????you since you do have some worry in your eyes right now thinking how long the distance it is...to that dream...of playing in a jammed packed stadium...well honestly I dont think it's too far a distance you know...its going to happen very soon....I am telling you...."

Khushi's eyes lock with mine as she states softly with a smile – " how kool are you ya Skipper Blue...you know I'd like that. Listening to go the distance right now..but maybe after you tell me a little bit more about your dreams...only fair...you heard me out Skipper Blue...and I know youv reached this amazing point of success in your career...but still you must have newer goals and dreams set for yourself too...don't you..i mean I am surely guessing that you do..."

I ask happily surprised – " you did you even guess that Khushi??"

Khushi smiles warmly – " well I just guessed it...you know like...gut instinct maybe......"

We share a warm laugh.

Guys.

Please Note - In this Nottingham trip...its like I am totally Amidst the Chapter in Life..Titled - " The Best Days of My Life "

Period.

I am still on that thought lost in how wonderful her Laugh is and right then her phone buzzes and she pauses on her laugh with an Oops expression...and picks up her phone and she states flashing the phone to my face – " oops...the alarms gone off....gotta head back now Skipper Blue...to make it..."

And I grin as I complete the sentence for her – " to make it back by midnight...ya ya...I know..i know..."

She chuckles – " but our dream's conversation isn't over yet ok Skipper Blue...I want to know all about yours..for real..."

I nod – " which means you are going to meet me right here again tomorrow...Khushi...for I am not going to able talk about that on text...what say? Same time tomorrow??"

Khushi nods and smiles – " done...deal...Skipper blue..same time tomorrow. This is exactly where.....you tell me your dreams..ok??"

I nod - grinning.

I get up now and I hold out my hand to her on reflex, and she smiles and takes it as she gets up too and she immediately trips over one of her boots that was next to her feet and I hold her by her waist immediately now my one arm going around it on its own accord to steady her...and our eyes lock by default too and I ask softly -  " you ok?????"

She nods in a dazed silence as she keeps her eyes locked with mine too for a couple of seconds.Her eyes are back to being all nervous. I Cant seem to Lool Away from her eyes right now. I dont want to look away. I am kind off glad that the moments got her Statued.One of her loose strands from her hair flies across her cheek now and my hands act on their own accord as I cup one side off her cheek and brush away the strands of her hair from her face and tuck it back behind her ear gently and once again I am delighted that shes frozen in daze to her spot because that allows me to hold her this way within the circle of my arms, as I continue to look into her bewitching expressive eyes – for at least a couple of seconds.

I swear to all of the Cricketing Gods above - I am Hypnotised and Bewitched and all of Bedazzled too. My eyes fall on her quivering nervous lips now and I feel myself so drawn to them...that it literally feels like I am holding onto my wish off just being able to Kiss her bad right Now - with great Difficulty.

Yup.Great Difficulty indeed.

For all I want to do right now is cup her face with my other hand too, and pull her close into myself for A deep Kiss. A Deep.Bad.Devouring Kiss.

But I know I cant.

Not Yet.

I gotta take it Slow and steady with her.She's still very Clueless about how much shes in my head right now..and in what ways. Or maybe...this Moment is giving her a sign Perhaps? - or maybe not..I dont know because all I see is a silent Stunned..daze in her Eyes right Now...and as I continue to look into her eyes trying to comprehend what's on her mind right now... to my utter dismay again, I feel her eyes now flash through a lot of puzzlement and nervousness and embarrassment because of my close proximity and she instantly pulls away from my grip and steps back and puts on her shoes nervously now as she states, totally trying to pretend as if the moment never happened  – " oh yes...I'm ok...ummm... yes...as in...I am ok Skipper Blue...just tripped on these stupid shoes ya....thank you so very much for helping me out there...as I tripped suddenly....ok i really need to get going now..."

Two Yorkers have swung straight into my face tight now guys.One off Cluelessness + One off Pretence.

But then ...I understand.

Now I obviously don't want her to feel all nervous right now again after the amazing time we just had and I ask – "ok...so Khushi... you have your earphones??".

She looks up at me as she slings her bag over her shoulders and smiles nervously – " yes Skipper Blue...I do...what about it?"

I grin – " how about if we listen to go the distance as we walk back to that intersection..."

She smiles again.But her nervousness has flown out of the window,which makes me Happy as she says– " id like that Skipper Blue...lets hear it...",and she instant hands me one earphone and i plug it into one ear and she plugs one into hers and we start to listen to Go the Distance as we walk back in a comfortable Silence now.

Minutes later as the song finishes and we reach the intersection, khushi smiles at me as she says – " Skipper Blue...I really enjoyed talking to you about my dreams and aspirations tonight...for real...thank you for listening..."

I lock my eyes with her as I say intently – " and I really enjoyed listening to evey bit of it Khushi...you know that right?? And not just your dreams, your aspirations, but all your other sorted point of views too..every bit of it...I really like to talk to you...you know...theres this..what did you say...yea a mysterious bubble of comfort in between of us for real...don't you think??"

She grins and nods – " oh yes.....I agree with you on that latter Skipper Blue...a mysterious bubble of comfort indeed...."

I am looking into her eyes as my insides say – Don't Go yet..Please.

She gives me a nervous smile now and waves at me as she states – " ok...ummm....so ill get going now..then Skipper Blue...bbye..."

I bite back my disappointment as I cover it up with a smile – " text me when you reach..ok? like you do??"

She nods with a happy smile – " yes I will skipper blue...bbye for real now..."

I chuckle – " bbye for real now...Khushi..."

She grins and turns around on her heel and walks into the direction of her Hotel and once again – I am watching out for her profile until it disappears from my line of vision, fondly, before I turn around to make my way to my Hotel.

So

Everyone.

I am going to talk to her about my Cricketing Dreams and aspirations tomorrow, and then I am going to subtly probe her with questions with regards to her dreams and thoughts about – Relationships too.

I am sure you all already know Why. But Lers State this Anyway.

So..I literally just discovered as I watched her walk back to her Hotel just now, that just like I was on that Cricketing Inspiration list....i wanted to do everything that I possibly could to make every effort on my behalf...so that I could somehow just crossover and make it to her-  Personal Dream List too.

Yup.

Its True...indeed..Everyone.

I think...I want to be the Man of Her Dreams.

Oh Dude.

Guys.

I truly am falling for Miss.Clueless Captivating Cinderella – Version Helmet and Bat.Aren't I????

Oh yes I am.

I just know that I am.

I am falling for her In the ways I haven't really Fallen for anyone ever before.Why? For Never Has it Ever Felt this good in both the workshops in my being at the same time.Which two Workshops ? 

Workshop Instinct + Workshop Feels.

So Yup..I just cant help It – everyone. For..by the looks of it..this freefall towards Ms.Clueless Captivating Cinderella seems to be happening on it's own Accord.

And.Apparently.

I dont seem to have any Control over this.

And Oh on that Note.

Do I want to Control This Freefall???

Nahhhhhhh.

I dont think so.

I Most Definitely Dont Think So.

( I hope Everyones Noted that Down for Future Reference )

For Real.

Indeed.

TADAAAAA!!!!!

Let me know what you guys think as always, you all know I love reading your feedback and comments.

Next Update :  Day After Night.(Since this Update was a Long One)

Thanks guys for all the Love and Support.

Always.

shiv456 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Beautiful update 

coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8

Skipper blue is enchanted by his cinderella. Maybe he will help her in bringing a much needed spotlight to the women's team.

mysticltales111 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4

Hellooo everyoneeeeeee

So here I am with the Next Update…its about…10 k plus Words Guys.

Will be Eager to know what you all think.

Thank you so much for your amazing feedback uptil now Guys.

Please definetly ignore editing/common repition of words errors etc – since I have not proofread.

And I shall now let you all dive in without – further Delay.

………….

CHAPTER 8 – THE ‘YO-YO’ WORLD CUP

Next Day – 19th February, 2019

@Khushi & Jess’s Room – Holiday Inn, Nottingham.UK.

845 AM

Khushi’s POV

Stupid.

Dupid.

Stupid.

STUPID WHAT?

My Stupid High Heeled Shoes.

Of course.

Just Why????????

Just Why Did I even Have to Have it on Last Night???

Oh well - yes, because in my Head they felt like a Perfect Choice with my little more Formal outfit last night, for the team outing with everyone.

Ok.

So Maybe, I should now say – Stupid.

Dupid.

Stupid

Meeeee – Instead.

Why? If you must wonder??

Because after all it is the Charlie Chaplin me, who decided to take them off before getting around to chatting and talking with Skipper Blue, last night.

And Look at What Happened.

I totally ended up making the Biggest Fool Out of Myself in front off Skipper Blue, as in - like As if, the way we met didn’t already make me look like a Joker enough.

Yup.

And now – I am sure, he’s not just branded me as a Mini Charlie Chaplin in his head, but more like a full-fledged Episode Of Comedy Circus, indeed.

Like – I Can’t believe Myself Ya, everyone. I am a professional freaking athlete. Which professional athlete goes around tripping on shoes, and almost stumbling over – their Sporting Inspirations?????

Yup.

Stupid Comedy Circus’s like Me Indeed.

Ok Maybe…I shouldn’t be very harsh on myself for I most definitely was in control of my stance and posture as I was getting up, you know now that I recall the Moment.

Yup.

Right.

Its not Me – everyone.

It’s these Stupid High Heeled Shoes.

It’s their fault.

They were like totally right in the way, acting like the Speed breaker in my way which eventually made me Stumble. Yes, I think I shall blame the insanely embarrassing moment from last night, on these High Heeled shoes, indeed. I narrow my eyes at them, as I continue to scowl and reprimand the High heeled shoes in my hand - Imaginarily in my head.

Yup, you read that right everyone. I am totally lounging on my twin bed in my room right now with the pair of my Shoes(THE CULPRITS FROM LAST NIGHT) in my Hand as I am indulging in a Imaginarily Scolding Session with them right now.

Well – you all can’t blame me.

They made me trip and Stumble right in front off Skipper Blue, who was so very kind in helping me immediately and steadied me with the support of his muscular grip. I am super duper sure, he must be thinking to himself – this girl is an opening batter for India Women? Just look at how clumsy she is, tripping over a Pair of Shoes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so sure in that moment he was probably also thinking to himself - Does she also trip clumsily while running in between the wickets??????!!!!!!!!!

If theres a Pool off Embarrassment – I want to Drown in it Now.

Like – Now.Now.

Uff.

Well.

However.

It was like so kind of him to steady me with his grip though everyone, and I think he did so immediately because, he knows I have matches to play, and that I couldn’t risk even a minor twist in the ankle or even the slightest off a muscle/ligament pull. Maybe that’s why also was so genuinely concerned as he asked me, if I was Ok, after.

I close my eyes – and the Moment flashes through my Head again.

Holy Crap.

Ok.

I shouldn’t have Rewind-ed that moment in my Head.

Why?

Because now my stomach is back to all Yo-Yo-ing – in DAZEEEEEE.

Guys, I am sure you all know very well what a Yo-YO is?????Right???

Yeah I am sure you all know that, but what I want you all to know that just the flash off the little bit of the moment after with Skipper Blue as he asked me if I was Ok, made/and makes me as nervous in the pit of my stomach as I was – while awaiting the results of my Yo-Yo Test.( Ok, a brief context everyone, a YoYo Test, is like this fitness test that all of us players have to clear, if we have to make it into the National Squad ok? Like it’s a Pre-requisite. So ofcourse now you know what I mean by that comparison right???.I mean the results of my Yo-Yo Fitness test were obviously going to be a deciding factor, if I would be eligible for joining in the National Squad No???)

And, after Skipper Blue asked me if I was Ok, and I stood all dazed , frozen in my spot because I couldn’t believe as to how clumsy I had been in front off him, like that’s how embarrassed I was, that I had frozen into a statue. And then as if that wasn’t enough, my freaking hair decided to mess their way around my face right then, and once again to my dazed shock and surprise – Skipper Blue was kind enough to help me fix them almost immediately again.(Because Frozen Statues can’t obviously Fix their Hair, everyone!!)

But Can I be like…honest to you all??

So.

When he did that – as in when he had cupped the side of my face and fixed my hair back tucking them behind my ear, and his other arm was still holding me steady, with his grip firmly around my waist -the Yo-YO in the pit of my Stomach went all bouncing around in such a fast speed as if my Stomach was on its way to competing in the YO-YO World Cup.

Ha.Ha.Ha.

Yes, Guys.

That’s exactly what Happened to Me.

Like….For Reallll.

On that Note – I think a little bit off this entire YO-YO World Cup scene in the pit of my stomach also has something to do with the fact that Skipper Blue is like so so rakishly Handsome. ( I mean guys honestly, if he wouldn’t be like a Cricketing hero and killing it on the pitches for our country na, he surely would have been the Bollywood Hero killing it up on the box office, for Real). And to be upfront, I think the Yo-Yo World Cup scene also has a little bit to do with the fact that , I have never kind off had any boy/man so up close in my personal space ever like you know with the whole – hand snuggled around my waist, one hand cupping my one cheek, and eyes all locked with mine by default due to the stumble, with a crazily magnetic Aura backing up the Moment.

So yup I guess its Safe to Conclude that – the Yo-Yo World Cup scene happened in the pit off my stomach for two reasons. One being some natural nervousness over the sudden close proximity with Skipper Blue, and second being sheer embarrassment of course. Also, I cannot believe that it took me all those seconds to get out of my Statue Mode, but thank god the second my brain defreeze-ed, I stepped away almost immediately – drowning in embarrassed over what had happened as realisation dawned on me that Skipper Blue must be totally tagging me as a – ‘ Episode off Comedy Circus which features a Clumsy Clown’ - in his Head in that moment of time. And well then, obviously the best solution to my head in that moment of time was – Lets Pretend to Delete the Embarrassing Moment.

As in – Pretend to act as if it never Happened.

And once again, Skipper Blue was his kind Yorker + friendly Gentleman self as he totally was all accommodating towards my embarrassment, which kind off then eased my nervousness too.

I was really proud of myself for coming up with that Pretend Delete Idea Actually.I mentally pat myself on the back again in a – Bravo Khushi again. Pretence, totally saved the day not just for You…I am pretty sure it also took Skipper Blue out of the awkward spot he must have felt he was in, because of his decision to act on impulse and help me during my Trip + Turn into a Statue- Spree.

Hmmmmm.

I narrow my eyes at the Shoes in my Hand again.

But dearest Shoes, since you are pretty much the Culprit that did kind of Embarrass me in front of Skipper Blue, you are totally going to get a little banishment sentence for the same ,indeed. Please Note – Culprit Shoes. Henceforth ,Thou shall not get the opportunity to be worn by my feet – for at least a fortnight, no wait lets make that A Month.

No.

No.

You better not look all Gorgeous to my Eyes right now.

I am in no mood of Entertaining your Petitions.

CASE CLOSED.

I get up from my bed now and walk over to my suitcase and dump my shoes back into the Shoe Bag, and immediately pick out my comfortable sports shoes, and start to put them on. I am already ready in my Workout Wear actually. I’v been waiting for Jess to Step out the washroom, so that we can head down for breakfast since we have training + gym time, beginning only by 10:00 Am Today which will go up til 1230 PM, and the schedule after is lunch and then the usual Nets session in between off 2- 530 PM, after which I shall be making my way to Hilton,to meet up with Akash, Anjali, Bhai and Skipper Blue.

Hmmmmmm.

On that Note, I do want to say something.

So.

To be honest guys,if we Delete that Monumental Embarrassing Moment from last night, its like the rest of conversations and talks with Skipper Blue last night were like truly amazing indeed, as that mysterious bubble of comfort continued to surround and consume me as I openly talked about my Dreams to Him and we had the conversations that we did.

How is it so easy for me to talk to him Again?????

Like for real everyone – ever since the minute I started to focus on looking at him as Mr Stranger/Friend – its started to feel so very Natural to talk to him, like literally there’s absolutely no room for any intimidation at all.

He really Does Understand me, and I get him too.

It’s So Strange through as in – never in my dreams had I even imagined knowing Skipper Blue this way and being friends with him – for Real. He’s really so grounded, kind, encouraging, motivating and friendly right?????

Like I hope you all agree with me on this fact too – that Skipper Blue + the Charlie Chaplin Me, can really be Great Friends!!!Because we do have this strange comfortable connect right? As in with everything that we have in common + the love for cricket + the situation with our siblings +the comfort and ease plus understanding as friends + the genuine respect for each other as sporting individuals too.( I mean guys….he literally wants a Copy of my Blue Books for real – still unable to digest that bit. But also I was obviously motivated and empowered a lot more, by his encouraging kind words. I also am totally going to practice the techniques I observed on him live yesterday – today in the nets surely).

I am right on that thought when my phone Beeps. I pick it up from the Charging Point, and walk back to my bed with it, and Plonk on my stomach, as I open Whatsapp.

Ok…everyone.

Its a text message from Skipper Blue.

Him : Good morning Khushi. I hope you had a good sleep and feel all rested. Are you at Breakfast?

I grin to myself as I reply.

Me : Good morning to you Skipper Blue. Well yes..I slept very well last night, and I am all rested and fresh very excited for the training+ practice schedule ahead today. I hope you slept well and are all rested too. And No I am not at breakfast yet, waiting for Jess to get ready.will be leaving for breakfast in about ten minutes I guess. What about you Skipper Blue, what are you upto? Heading for your Gym+ Swim time right now?

Him : Yes Khushi, I will be heading for Gym+ Swim in a couple of minutes too. And yes I slept well too, all fresh for another relaxing day. Time’s flying about at the speed off light, and one’s gotta make the most of the mini holiday time left..right??

I chuckle as I read that and I reply : haha…yes ofcourse Skipper Blue, its going to get super duper hectic for you once you get back…you better catch up on the relaxation as much as you can ya…so that when you get back from this Holiday you feel all rejuvenated and refreshed.Also can I say something?

Him : well to be Honest, the Hoilday’s already done me so good.I feel all refreshed and rejuvenated already Khushi. And yes please tell me..what do you want to say?

I grin as I read that. Obviously ya…Skipper Blue has such a hectic schedule chalked up ahead for himself like literally all the time, I am sure that these couple of days off with his siblings have done him good.Ok lets reply.

Me : ok…so I want you to know that You have a Long Life Skipper Blue.

I get a reply almost instantly.

Him : As in?

I chuckle as I explain.

Me : ohhh Skipper Blue..you know as in how they say if you are thinking of someone and they get in touch with you right then…then it means that they have a long life...

Him : okk Khushi…is that like your cryptic way of telling me that you were thinking off me the minute I messaged you?

I chuckle as I read that.

Me : yes Skipper Blue.

Him : I dare you for your love of 22 Yards..tell me what were you thinking.

I grin as I admit honestly : well so as you just texted…the last thought that was in my head was that I am yet to digest the fact that you want a photocopy of my Blue Books of Cricketing Observations for real , and also how you are like the Kindest Yorker ya… as in I am obviously motivated and empowered a lot more, by your encouraging kind words, last night. And then I was thinking, I also am totally going to practice the techniques I observed on you live yesterday – today in the nets surely, and bang right then is when your Text Comes.

Him : kindest Yorker? Haha. that still cracks me up, and I already was honest in telling you that your notes are amazing, so obviously I want a copy.and let me know if the techniques work out in net practice time ok??

Me : Yes, surely Skipper Blue.You all are planning to watch a Movie na today?? Anjali and bhai both texted me about the same.

Him : yes Khushi.we are going for a Noon show and then lunch, post which everyone wants to indulge in some Shopping time.

Me : which is great SB. you have a great time with everyone. I am sure its going to be a Good Day. Bhai wants to send some gifts for Mom and Dad too, and I am going to be leaving Nottingham in a couple of days too right..so yeah…

Him : I am sorry Khushi.

Me : huh??SB…why are you saying sorry?

Him : well because I am leaving on 21st early morning so that we can make it to Heathrow well in time for our flight back to Delhi, but that’s also the day you have your first T20 match. I do want to see you play Live. I wish I could have stayed back to watch you Play.

Wait.Whatttt????

Guys.

Just what did Skipper Blue Text me??

He wants to see me Play Live?

Oh wait.

Holy Crap.

Why?

Coz.

I just felt the return of the Yo-Yo in the pit of my stomach everyone.

I take a deep breathe as a thought hits me which eases the Yo -Yo instantly. Skipper Blue means that he wants to see our entire team – play the first T20 Live.

Yup.

That’s what he means.

Whats was up with that Yo-Yo eruption in the pit off my stomach??

Stupid. Freaking. High Heeled Shoes.

I think I should banish them into the Lonely Shoe Box for two Whole Months.

One months to Less a Banishment for them.I mean this is totally all because off that Stumble Fumble moment last night.

I quickly text : Skipper Blue…that’s so very kind off you to even say that ya.Please don’t be sorry at all…I mean I know you have to reach back on schedule and report back to the pitch duties. You saying that you wish to watch us play Live, only means a lot Ya.

I grin to myself.

Him : are you grinning just now?

Me : holy hell Skipper Blue.How do you know??

Him : haha…I guessed it.Gut intuition, just like I am taking a guess that your eyes are all widened in a surprise right now.

I chuckle as I reply : well you are right about that too,SB. You have a killer gut instinct then.

Him : oh I guess, I do have to agree with you on that.The Gut Instinct’s been good for me off late…especially quite a bit.

Me : reallyyyy????? Like you mean in the games in the Aus/NZ tour??

And just as I tap send.

I hear the Music blast from the washroom get off now, which means that Jess is about to come out.And if she sees me all texting again – she’ll get all inquisitive and probe – ‘oh are you on Chat with Mr Stranger again.’

Before Skipper Blue’s reply comes I quickly text him.

Me : I gotta go now Skipper Blue.Jess should be out in a couple of minutes, and if she sees me busy on text again, she’ll get all inquisitive if I am on chat with Mr Stranger again.

Him : haha…ok so she does know about Mr Stranger?

Me : haha.Well she’s my best friend Skipper Blue. I did give her a little brief that I had this crazy strange encounter with Mr Stranger, who is now like my friend, and that we talk a lot over Cricket and we do have a lot in common otherwise too.She just doesn’t know Mr Stranger is You. Haha.(which I told you I am going to keep a secret). She’s anyway in half shock at knowing that Anjali turned out to be Anjali Singh Raizada. You know like bhai and Jess also have this brother sister kind of equation ok? And Jess says, I will only meet Anjali, after ASR leaves the city. On that note, did you keep a code word for me in you phone too SB? you know like I have kept Mr Stranger, for you.

Him : yes I did Keep a Code Word for you Khushi.

I grin.

Me : reallyyy?? What is it? Please tell me????

Him : are you sure you want to Know?

Me : oh yes…Skipper Blue.Tell me fast…see Jess will come then I will have to go for breakfast. I am also very hungry…ya…on that note.

Him : well the code word I have kept for you khushi, in my phone is C.22.

I grin as I read that and I reply : okkk that’s an amazing code you came up with SB. you mean C for Cricket and 22 because well you know I love my 22 yards + its my jersey no too + my bday as well.Isnt it??????? Tell me my guess is right no???

My phone beeps in 30 seconds.

Him : hmmm..what shall I say to that? maybe perhaps?

Me : oh cmon SB. I know you are just taking my case again ya…im sure that’s what it is.Isnt it???

Him : Yes Khushi…that’s exactly what it is.

I chuckle as I pat myself on the back playfully.

Me : and I just patted myself on my back for getting that Guess right.SB.Okkk..Jess coming out now…bbye for Real now.

Him : bbye for Real, Khushi.

I am grinning to myself as I keep my phone aside now and get up right as Jess steps out the washroom and shoots me a grin and starts to put on her sports shoes as she sits on her twin bed next to me and she asks – “ and that grin on your face tells me that you were chatting with Mr Stranger again, werent you Khushi???”

I chuckle as I admit sitting next to her and I lace my hand around her shoulder – “ well yes…I was…”

Jess nods and her eyes narrow as she asks – “ and will you be meeting him tonight as well? By the trent bridge??”

I nod – “ yes that’s the plan Jess…its so easy to talk to him you know.i do truly believe that we can be great friends…”

Jess smiles – “ and I obviously trust your judgement Khushi, but as your best friend, I would like to remind you that you are way too naïve when it comes to boys…and here you are befriending a total stranger…”

I admit honestly – “ well you have nothing to worry about at all Jess, and that’s because this Mr Stranger is trustworthy…and we can be great friends…we do have a lot in common for real…ok??

Jess rolls her eyes – “ yess…the highlight of that being the love for cricket..perhaps?”

Haha. Guys – I told Jess that Mr Stranger plays cricket too,for Nottingham County Cricket Club.(As in the Domestic team off Nottingham)

I admit honestly – “ well that’s there…but it isn’t just that ok Jess…he understands me, and I get him too…”

Jess narrows her eyes at me – “ I get you Khushi and I trust your instinct, but you know what I think this Mr Stranger doesn’t only have friendship on his mind?? I mean…you guys just met but are like on text, chatting all the time…somethings surely starting to brew up in there.”

I burst into Giggles.

Immedaitely.

Only If Jess knew – who the Mr.Stranger in context really is, she would know that he could only always have friendship on his Mind for real – as I am surely the Friend who also happens to be one of the biggest fans of his Game + the fact that I am also the little sister of the man his sister Loves.

Jess asks – “ why are you laughing??

I pause on my giggles as I admit thinking of how to cryptically put this out to her – “ ok…so…let me just say that I am pretty sure that Mr Stranger only has friendship on his mind Jess, because I am a little bit aware of the women he dated in the past, as in he talked about it briefly…and he is surely interested in being with gorgeous glamorous women that way…as in like dating and stuff…” – you know Women that are like Gorgeous glamorous Bollywood actresses, I add to myself silently with a chuckle. I can’t believe Jess thinks somethings starting to brew up only because we’v been Chatting.

Haha.

Jess states with a wink – “ well you are gorgeous too Khushi…”

I chuckle – “ thanks Jess…but you know what I mean…I am like this Tomboy within anyway, and I also told you I am like literally seven years younger to him ok…so I am pretty much sure that to him…im like just his little friend…you gotta chill about this Jess…we are friends…well to be honest it is kind off nice to talk to someone who genuinely respects my choice to play cricket professionally you know…or else you know how it has been with the boys/men wev come across…”

Jess chuckles – “ oh yes…ofcourse…the sarcasm, the dripping condescending doubt in the voice etc etc…remember the one time we literally had a fight with this one guy as we gave it back to him, the minute he said , oh wait…does India have a womens cricket team too?? I didn’t even know that…”

I chuckle to that as I wink at her – “ ohhh…we totally scared him away with the way we gave him the peice of our mind didn’t we??”

Jess chuckles – “ oh yes we did…”,and she hugs me – “ ok fine, I wont worry much about Mr Stranger then…ohkkk…lets go to breakfast now….im super hungry…”

I nod at her happily and we get up and make our way out the room now and she asks, with a playful wink as we are walking to the elevator – “ ok khushi but tell me something atleast..is this Mr Stranger handsome??”

I chuckle as I admit honestly – “ oh yes…I do have to give that to him Jess…he surely is very Handsome..indeed…”

And just as Jess is about to say something to me, we spot Sheena Di, Harpreet di, Deepti and a couple more of our team mates who have the rooms on the same floor as our heading towards the elevator too, and we greet them all Happily, and then we all get consumed in catching up and discussing about the intense training the coaches have lined up for us today – as we make our way down to Breakfast.

………………………….

5 : 30 PM @ The Trent Bridge Cricket Stadium

Khushi’s POV Continues

I grin to myself as I take my helmet out and tuck it along under my arm and rotate my bat in my hand happily, as I walk across to thank the net Bowler to thank her for her wonderful time, as she finished up bowling to me in the nets.( So just a brief context everyone, on tours, as in during net practice and stuff, sometimes we ask the local team for help to help arrange for net bowlers for us all during our practice sessions, who rotate along with our team bowlers as we practice, and the England team was very helpful in arranging the same for us this time around, and since we were in Nottingham, most of the net bowlers played for the Nottingham County club too. And today all of us were practising really hard etc, because we didn’t have the nets session in schedule tomorrow, since the ground staff is going to get all set to prep up the ground and the pitch for the match day after, the ground will be unavailable to avail for practice)

I shake Liz’s hand( who had been bowling to me in the nets for the last two days) and I state happily – “ and thank you so very much Liz…I enjoyed the practice session with you very much today as well…indeed…”

Liz shakes my hand as well, and she states – “ and I think you are brilliant with the bat Khushi..you were hitting out the shots that would have gone for beautiful drives all over the ground…”

My Insides Dance Guysss.

Why?

Haha.

Because I think – I got the technique for the Cover Drive on point today – like for Reall.

I just cant wait to text Skipper Blue, about the same.

I pat her arm in glee as I state – “ which makes me very happy indeed…but you almost had me with lbw’s a couple of time in the nets too Liz…your outswinger delivery, is killer kickass…”

We share a warm laugh now, and I see the rest of my teammates, finishing up on their practice time as well, and Liz greets me once more, before she huddles off to catch up with her fellow players from the county club.

Jess grins as she’s walking up to me with Sheena di and I grin at Sheena di and Jess as I say – “ guys…guess what…I think I got the cover drive today….”

Sheena di grins as she pats my shoulder – “ that’s amazing partner…lets see you fire some in the match day after then??”

I smile at her happily – “ I will try my best to Sheena Di…”.And we punch our fists together. I do the same with Jess now too as I ask – “ how was the session Jess??”

Jess grins – “ amazing Khushi..i think I do understand why the board keeps emphasizing on the importance of net practices…”

Sheena di smiles – “ yes ofcourse girls…but you know what I think we should ask Mira di, Harpreet to talk to the officials to help arrange for some friendly matches with local domestic teams too the next time we are touring abroad, I think it will help us adapt to local conditions better…and more quickly…”

Jess and me nod in agreement to her – “ oh yes di..we think you are right…”

Oh on that Note – everyone, we are still all in our sporting gear,all padded up.

I see Sheena di look around the ground as she states grinning– “ Mira di and Harpreet not back to the ground yet…they walked indoors about an hour or so ago right…after finish up on their practise and observing on us..”

We Nod as we look around the ground.

Jess says – “ and I do not spot Jharna di as well…rest of the girls are finishing up too now…here they come…”

We spot the rest of our squad now walking up to us now – Tanu,Vedika, Harleen, Manvi, Ekta, Priya, Deepti and we all start chatting up over how each of our respective net sessions were, and after five minutes Deepti asks Sheena di - “ where’s Mira di, Harpreet and Jharna di?? Usually they always are right here when we finish up with the sessions, ready to discuss how it all went, before we head back….”

And right then we hear Harpreet Di’s voice from behind us all – “ well here I am girls, and Mira di and Jharna di will be here soon…so how did it go guys?? All set to fire up in the first t20 game???? We win the first game and the pressures right on England…”. Harpreet Di captains the T20 side. I Love her, as you all know.

Jess grins along with Tanu and Deepti and they all high five Harpreet di one by one – “ high five to that…we aim to win…the practise was good…”

Sheena di laces her hand around my shoulder as she grins to Harpreet di – “ and guess what everyone, my partner…our little hit girl finally got the cover drive right today???”

Harpreet di beams at me happily as she pats my shoulder – “ which is great Khushi…I know you’v been practising that in the nets for ages now…”

I grin at her – “ thank you Harpreet di..”, and I look at Sheena di as I say – “ and you are very kind as always…”

She ruffles my hair happily and winks at me.

Harpreet di starts to ask everyone else, one by one as to how it all went for them, and the shot selections each one of us was aiming on working on today etc and shes also discussing how her session was and a couple of minutes later, once we are all done talking she grins and she says to us all – “ ok girls…so we have a surprise for you all…the reason why iv been gone of the ground for an hour, and Mira and Jharna are still in , along with our main coaches….”

I shoot her a puzzled look along with everyone around and Harpreet Di looks at Sheena di and she states – “ and I think for most of you who have come into the national squad after the world cup 2018, I think its going to be a double surprise indeed…well to be honest none of us were expecting this surprise visit, but we are so very glad about it, indeed..”

Sheena di rolls her eyes at Harpreet di – “ there you go talking about in riddles again…jump to the point Happy..”.Sheena di calls Harpreet di – Happy sometimes.

I hear everyone ask Harpreet about what she means, and I look st Jess shrugging my shoulders cluelessly and she gestures the same back to me and right then Harpreet di says – “ ok listen up girls…Mira , Jharna di, coaches etc, are just about a couple of minutes away from walking to the ground with a fellow cricketer, whom most of us look upto for the brilliant sportsman and captain that he is..the captain of our men in blue team…Captain ASR”

MY INSIDES FREEZE.

WAIT.

WHAT??????????????????????????????????????????????

DID HARPREET DI JUST SAY – THAT MIRA DI, JHARNA DI, AND OUR COACHES ETC ARE JUST A COUPLE OF MINUTES AWAY FROM WALKING TO THE GROUND WITH SKIPPER BLUE???????????

OH MY GOD.

I AM A FROZEN STATUE INWARDLY AGAIN.

I hear Sheena di ask – “ really?? ASR is here??”

Harpreet di grins – “ yes..he is Sheena, as in he was in Nottingham for some personal visit, and he got in touch with Mira di to congratulate her for the ODI win the other day and then she obviously told him that we are going to be here since the first T20 is here as well, so he texted her a while ago to check with her if he could come in for a chat, he also wanted to congratulate us all for the ODI win in person…and not only this everyone, he’s also been observing on each of you in the nets from afar with us all…and he is very impressed by each of your games…and well…he’s actually been here with us for about last two hours now…chatting up with our coaches first and then Mira di went to greet him first after her net session and she discreetly asked me and Jharna di to join her in after our session…..”

CORRECTION NEEDED.

MY INSIDES HAVE TRANSFERRED INTO A ROCK STATUE – THAT CAN SURELY BE DATED BACK TO THE TIMES OFF INDUS VALLEY CIVILIZATION PERHAPS?

Did you all hear what Harpreet di just said???????

Skipper Blue is Here???????????

He’s freaking been here for the last two hours now?????

He’s also observed on our Net sessions with everyone from Afar???????????

I feel my insides go on a wreck nervous mode, as I continue to stand in a dazed shock as I hear everyone now happily state how excited they were on the thought of a little meet and greet with ASR and I shoot Jess a nervous look and I gesture her to come stand next to my side now and she does, and the minute she comes in next to me , I just shoot everyone polite smiles as I take her aside and she asks with her eyes widened – “ Khushi did you have any clue about this?? As in did Anjali text you or something???”

I admit nervously – “no Jess…I literally had no clue at all…but yes…I think this is about him wanting to congratulate the whole team…on the ODI series win…I did tell you the other day remember that bhai +Anjali was going on and on about how wonderful the game was the other day…”

Jess nods as she states – “ god…I am so freaking nervous….Khushi…he wont show any recognition about knowing you because of the equation with Rahul+ anjali..right?? as in I don’t want everyones attention on the squad to shift to that, from your game, not at this point…”

I gulp down my nervousness as I say honestly – “ no no..he wont…as in remember I told you I talked about this to them already and he was very kind and polite about it?? As in he understood…”

Jess nods – “ ok then, lets just hope he keeps the pretend on…”

I nod at her nervously.

And right then as I look up I spot Skipper Blue, walking alongside Mira Di, to the turf and all of a sudden I feel a little bit of intimidation take over naturally as I take in the focused Cricketing Professional Aura that he had around him as he walked and chatted along with Mira Di – towards us all.

Harpreet Di asks us all to line up now and i see everyone fall into their line up positions and I take my spot at the right end nervously. Jess is next to me.The two of us stood right in the end , because we are relatively newer into the squad than everyone else.

PLEASE NOTE – I AM BACK TO BEING THE STATUE CARVED OUT OF ROCKS WHICH DATES BACK TO THE INDUS VALLEY CIVILIZATION.

OR WAIT.

MAKE THAT THE HARRAPA VALLEY CIVILIAZATION.

Whichever of the one was Older.

Or wait.

Shall I just say – the Stone Age.Perhaps?

I am still on that thought as I take a deep breathe because they’v all reached us and just as I take in the sight of Skipper Blue in front of me along with Mira di - I find my head Cursing my Stupid Shoes, even more for the embarrassing moment from last Night as the moment flashes through my head on it s own accord along with the inauguration ceremony of the Yo-Yo World Cup in the pit of my Stomach again. Or wait – Its not just My Stomach. My intestines are knotting up and Yo-Yo- ing along with my stomach too.

Skipper Blue looks at us all grinning and just as he looks at me briefly, and our eyes lock for just a second, I see his eyes tell me in that fraction of just a second that I had nothing to worry about at all. He was most surely going to keep on the Pretend Bit.

I take in a sigh of relief now as I blink my eye in acknowledgement of his gesture thanking him and then shift my focus to Mira di as she says to us all – “ ok everyone….look who is here to see us today….Captain ASR…it’s a coincidence that he is here in Nottingham right now everyone and it was so very kind off time to take out some time from his schedule and come meet us all…we’v been chatting up..we as in me, Harpreet, jharna..and our coaches , and as yiou can see Jharna nad the coaches aren’t here…yet…they got caught up in some discussions over Certain things ASR was suggesting to us…and they will be here in a while now, and well…. he’s also observed you all in the nets today,as Harpreet would have told you…since I asked her to come give you all a heads up, so that some one of you don’t faint in shock…”,she finishes with a soft chuckle and all of us laugh and Mira di looks at ASR as she states grinning – “ well ASR…a lot of my girls on the squad are a big fan of your game…what can I say…”

Skipper Blue chuckles as he says – “ thank you so much Mira…”,and he looks at us all and he states – “ and it likewise..please know I am a big fan off your Captains game too…and infact off not just her…but a lot off you too on the team…iv met a couple of you before from the meet and greet after the WC 2018…and I conveyed the very same to each of you I met then…”

I hear Sheena di say – “ yes ofcourse ASR…we remember…youv always been so kind and encouraging indeed…”

Harpreet di’s voice falls in our ears – “ you and Captain Dev lifted up our low spirits after the loss in the final, ASR…how can we forget…”

I hear a couple of older players from the WC squad join in Sheena di and Harpreet di and express gratitude about the same to him, once they are done with all of that Skipper Blue states with a friendly grin – “ well thank you…and im happy to do the best I can to encourage you all, and that’s why I thought that now that I happen to be in Nottingham,I must stop by today and meet you all and congratulate you all on the amazing ODI series win in person..and wish you all the very best for the T20 series…you’v done us Proud everyone, you’v all done India proud with that win, and also with the ODI series win with NZ a month ago…I was just telling your Captain that….and I am sure if you keep the rhythym and passion going…the t20 series will go well too…but you know what everyone..in my journey as the cricketer…I obviously know that sometimes one can think that maybe its all really about the Win, that it’s just the winning that matters…but I’v learnt that there are greater lessons in defeat…so either ways…whether you win or loose the T20 series…id like each of you to look at the games as a learning opportunity to evolve as international cricketers nonetheless…”,and he continues to be encouraging and motivating in his words to us all as a unit, which are surely empowering each one of us.

SEE – EVERYONE.

NOW YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN WHEN I SAY HE IS SUCH A KIND YORKER.

Once he is done with his encouraging words, Mira di + Harpreet Di ,start to introduce him to everyone of us in the line one by one, highlight each of our strengths to him and I can hear him congratulate and motivate everyone in person too.

Well Guys.

Can I be Honest to you right now.

I am having difficulty in putting him the Frame off Mr Stranger right now. I mean why does it feel like – that it is difficult to gulp down the fact that he is Mr Stranger too…like yes we have so much in common but yet – its like he is Captain of the Indian Cricket Team afterall.

The embarrassing Moment from last night flashes through my head again.

Holy Hell.

The Yo – Yo World Cup resumes its Operations.

Did my Head just have to Choose this Exact Moment to flash that Memory through my Head.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh god NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

A couple of minutes later,I take deep steady breathes inwardly now as I see Skipper Blue + everyone near Jess now and Mira di says happily – “ and this is Jessica, she’s one of our strongest in the middle order along with the rest of the girls, in both T20 and ODI, infact with her addition into the team, our middle orders gotten stronger, shes just beena little over six months into the squad now and has been playing beautifully…”

I see Jess beam at Mira di happily for the introduction and Skipper Blue offers his hand out for a shake to Jess - “ very nice to meet you Jess, congratulations on making it to the National squad, I wish you all the very best for the games ahead…”

Jess shakes his hand happily and she states – “ thank you so much ASR, its an honour to meet you, thank you for your encouraging words…”

Oh guys.

Holy Crap.

I am next.

I take a deep breathe.

Mira di grins at me now as she states – “ and this little one…she’s the youngest in our squad at the moment…that’s why I called her the little one fondly…she joint in the squad along with Jess, and she opens along side Sheena in both ODI + T20…you remember I talked about it to you and Rohan once…at the BCCI…the one who hits amazing sixes?? Shes the little hit girl…I was referring too…her name is Khushi otherwise…”

I gulp down my nervousness.

I have to thank Skipper Blue.

He is acing the Pretend Mode, brilliantly as he asks, looking at Mira di – “ oh really? Is she the little hit girl you were referring too??”

Mira di nods.

Harpreet di who is beside her states happily to Skipper Blue – “ she’s also been practising on drives in the nets for a while, she always keeps saying to me – Harpreet di, need to get my cover drive right…iv been observing on ASRs cover drives a lot lately,and just like a lot of us on the team…she’s a big fan of your game as well ASR..”

They all chuckle.

Why?

Harpreet Di.

Why yaaaa?????

Uff – I cant believe you mentioned the Cover drive right now

Skipper Blue looks at me now as he offers his hand out for a shake – “ very nice to meet you Khushi…congratulations on making it to the national squad…and If I am not wrong, I think that’s what I observed that you were practicing out in the nets a while ago…the drives…especially the technique with the cover drive…”

HOLY CRAP.

I CAN’T BELIEVE HE JUST SAID THAT OUT LOUD IN FRONT OF EVERYONE.

This just turned out to be very amusing – everyone.

He’s literally the Stand Up Comedian right now. I am sure he is enjoying this to the Core.

I say nervously – “ yes ASR…that’s what I was practising…”

Harpreet di chips in from behind – “ and sheena tells me she’s got right this time finally…”

Mira di grins – “ yes indeed…we observed on that didn’t we ASR…”

Wait .what? He observed on my Cover Drives technique with Mira Di??

Skipper Blue grins – “ yes indeed Mira…”,and he looks at me – “ the wrist work was on point with the cover drive indeed Khushi…kudos to you…I hope you do fire some in the T20 game…”

Guys.

Just Look at Him Ya.

I nod nervously – “ thank you so much ASR…”

He nods at me again and Mira di says – “ ok girls…now that we are done with the intro’s…lets get going…all of you get freshened up and then we head back to the hotel…the grounds closing soon…”

Our coaches + Jharna di are now walking up to us all too. Guys on that note , right now we are like an all female squad completely – like from the players, to our coaches, our support Staff. We are all a proud Women in Blue, Unit.

We all nod at Mira di, and I follow the rest of my Team Mates Out in a Line, in silence as Mira di + Harpreet Di + Jharna Di + all our Coaches return to chatting up with Skipper Blue in a circle now.

Meanwhile as we all make our way back, Everyones talking about how amazing the little meet and greet with ASR went – amongst themselves.

Jess murmurs to me in a whisper – “ Khushi..he aced the pretend…you better thank him politely for this one when you see him tonight with everyone…”

I nod at her in a dazed silence as I admit – “ yes yes…I will..Jess..ofcourse…”

Jess – “ hes quite kool you know…polite gentleman as you called him…”,and I admit – “ oh yes…that he is….indeed…”

I hear Jess whisper to me in a sigh – “ just why did he and Pia chopra have to break up ya…they truly were like this match made in heaven indeed…I still ship them Khushi..hopefully they reconcile soon…”

I nod at her in a dazed silence as I take in everything that had Just Happened.

Guys.

WHAT JUST FREAKING HAPPENED????????

Its going to take me a While to process it all through my Head – Again.

For Real.

……………………………………..

A While Later

615 PM – Back in the Hotel

Khushi + Jess’s Room

Khushi’s POV Continues

Jess and me enter our room now, and I am still in a Dazed Shock inwardly everyone, as I am working on Digesting it all – Still.

Jess looks at me as she grins – “ khushi…I know you need to get ready to make it to meet everyone by 7…you wont mind if I just hurry up and freshen up first? Ill just take fifteen minutes??ok??”

I nod at her as I say – “ ofcourse Jess go on..in…”

Jess winks at me happily and I see her take her change stuff in quickly into shower and just as she closes the bathroom door, her Usual Music blasts through into my ears.

I chuckle to myself.

I love Jess Ya everyone…like so very much.Kind off feeling a little bit guilty about hiding the identity of Mr Stranger from her, like for real.

But I know she will Freak Out like Insanely. I think I will tell her in some more time down the Line.

Wait.

Wait.

On that Note.

Its not like Skipper Blue is going to have any time to be in touch with me on text/chatting and stuff once he leaves from here anyway. As in, right now he is on a Holiday so yea…hes obviously going to get consumed with all the hectic schedule and routine as he goes back. He most definitely will not have the time to think about being in touch or something right???

I am right on that Thought, when my Phone Vibrates in my track pockets.

I pick it out instantly as I sit on the Chair against the window to our Room.

Jeez.

Guys.

Its Skipper Blue.

How in the hell did he just message me again in the same moment as I was thinking off Him?????????????????

I read his text.

Him : Khushi…you ok???

I take a deep breathe as I reply.

Me : !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Him : Khushi…you most definitely need to explain what those Exclamation marks mean. I mean I couldn’t decipher them at all…they were exactly like your pull shots flying above my head again…little hit girl.

I chuckle on reflex as I read that and I reply.

Me : what do you expect Skipper Blue????????? I am obviously going to send you a line of exclamation marks when my insides are still shocked and dazed and statued into a Stone.And mind you…this stone dates back to the Indus valley/ Harrapa Civilizations, which ever is older indeed. Or No…cross that. Lets make it’s the Stone Age. I mean….cmon….you came to our Nets Session…SKIpper Blueeeeeeee!!!!!!!

I tap send.

Him : please know I have cracked into splits of laughter over the former Statues into Stine bit you just wrote Khushi.God…you really crack me up…well I obviously could see that you were in this shocked daze when you were walking out with everyone..thats why I messaged you right now…to know if you are ok? I came to the nets session for two reasons Khushi.

Two reasons? What two reasons??

Me : really??two reasons?? I can guess one.

Him : really?can you? go ahead and tell me please.

I reply honestly.

Me : I think you surely wanted to chat up with Mira Di + Harpreet Di + Coaches about what discussions they’v probably had with the BCCI officials about the fixtures issue, perhaps???

Him : yes Khushi…that was surely one reason.I wanted to talk to them about that + a lot of other stuff…and our discussions went good indeed. Can you guess the second reason Khushi??? I dare you for the love of your 22 yards…guess.

Me : Uff ya…Skipper Blue..why do you have to dare me for my love of 22 yards ya.

Him : cmon then..take a guess.

Me : ohkk I am thinking…I mean let me think….Skipper Blue.

Two minutes later my phone beeps.

Him : ?????????

Me : I am still thinking ya…oh yes…wait…you wanted to congratulate us all in person ofcourseeeee!!!!!!

Him : well that’s kind off like the part of the first reason Khushi, not the second one. Take another guess shot.

Me : ufff yaaaaa Skipper Blue…I cant guess ok…pleaseeee..im not good at this Guessing Stuff.

Him : really? Wheres your gut intuition gone??

Me : its all statued into a rock from the Stone Age..remember? all thanks to someone who decided to shock + surprise the daylights out of my Head. Can I say something though?

Him : haha to the former bit. Yes please say whats on your mind Khushi.

I type honestly : well, while I saw you walking on the pitch standing besides Mira di…I mean..it was very difficult for me to put you into the Mr.Stranger frame for Real..Skipper Blue.

Him : whatttt?????and why is that??? it’s the same me.

I admit honestly.

Me : I know it’s the same You..but…

Him : did I intimidate you in anyway again? Khushi please tell me if I did.. it wasn’t my intention too..truly.

I admit honestly.

Me : well to be honest, it was a little intimidating but it wasn’t You that was…it was the Situation perhaps…remember how I told you I always thought ill meet you for the first time with my whole squad next to me on the cricket ground in a professional setting…and here..while that was happeneing…there was just so much going on in my head you know…i couldn’t believe that we connect the way we do as friends now + how we have so many things in common.

Him : why couldn’t you believe it?? Its True…though…everybit off it is true.

Me : I know it is….but…

Him : but what Khushi?? Ok i will tell you the second reason as to why I came to the nets today. I wanted to see you play live..remmeber I texted you about the same this morning. And because I cant be here until the live match..i thought of coming to the nets. Any guesses as to why I wanted to see you play in the nets today khushi???????????

WAIT.

WHAT.

The Yo – YO World Cup Scene in the pit of my Stomach resumes its Operations.

Did he just text me that??????????

He came to the Nets to see me Play Live????????????????????????????????

Why???????????

I rake my Brains for an answer.

And just as I get an answer, I instruct the Yo- Yo in the pit off my stomach to realx scolding it for resuming operation fro no reason.

I decide to reply honestly.

Me : yes I can guess why Skipper Blue…haha…you wanted to see for real if I am a good learner or not…as in you helped me on with the technique of the cover drive yesterday no??????? and you wanted to see if I got the hang on it…for real?? To be honest to you when I finished up with my net practice no…I couldn’t wait to text you that I think I got the hang on the Cover drive for real Skipper Blue…and I can’t believe that you saw it for yourself too.

I wait for his reply.

It comes after 45 seconds.

Him : reallyyy?? Is that what you think it was about???

Ok.

Yo – Yo – On Again.

What am I to make off that text from him??

Ohh Crap Ya.

He’s just planning to take my Case Again.

Me : Skipper Blue…ofcourse I know that was what it was about ya….and with that last message you were just planning to take my case again…weren’t you????? I think you really like to pull my leg…indeed…

Him : very funny Khushi…ok tell me…are you ready yet? I am reaching the room.Akash + Rahul + Anjali..are already there.

Me : well i will be ready soon.Jess is just finishing up on freshning up…ohh see shes coming out now…ok bbye Skipper Blue for now..see you in a bit…

Him : Ok..see you soon Khushi.Come Soon.Ok?

Ok Guys – reading on that Come Soon triggered the Yo – Yo again.

Whats wrong with all this Yo _ Yo ing????

I reply : ok skipper Blue…I will come soon.BBye for real now.

Him : Bbye for real Khushi.

I quickly close up my phone now as I start to pick up my pink hoodie and denims out off my suitcase, and Jess steps out as she says – “ ok ..cmon then Khushi…you please freshen up now and get going everyone will be waiting for you…im just going to chill with Harpreet di and Sheena di on PS after dinner with everyone as usual…”

I pick up my change to get ready into , in my hands now as I say to her happily – “ ohkkk Jess you have a good time with everyone…ok? ill just get ready quick now…” and just as I am closing up my suitcase, my eyes fall on my Culprit Shoes from last Night.

I walk to the washroom now – sending out another Imaginarily Scolding their Way.

Stupid.

Dupid.

Stupid.

STUPID SHOES.

THOU ARE SENTENCED INTO BANISHMENT FOR A GOOD THREE MONTHS NOW..

Yup.

A Good Three Months Indeed.

……………………..

TADAAAAA!!!!!

Let me know what you guys think as always, you all know I love reading your feedback and comments.

I definetly wanted to write this out completely from our Clueless Cinderella’s perspective.Haha. For she truly has no clue that she’s caught Skipper Blue’s interest – indeed.

Next Update : will try to give an Update Tomorrow Night. About two more updates of this, before I switch to giving 3-4 back to back Updates of Chaotic Wires 2.0.

Thanks guys for all the Love and Support.

Much Love Guys.

Always.

………………………

coderlady thumbnail

She is so embarassed about tripping on skipper blue. He didn't mind it one bit.

coderlady thumbnail

She actually had a scolding session with the shoes and banished them for a month.

coderlady thumbnail

I think C22 is Cinderella 22 not cricket 22.

coderlady thumbnail

Jess wants to ship skipper blue with Pia still. We know that is not happening now. Cinderalla is here.

shiv456 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Awesome wonder when she will realize