ARSHI FF : HIT WICKET MY HEART 2.0 - EPILOGUE1.0.Pg 44(8/7/2021)*Compl - Page 4

Posted: 3 years ago

Hellooo everyoneeeeeee

So here I am with the Next Update…its about…10 k plus Words Guys.

Will be Eager to know what you all think.

Thank you so much for your amazing feedback uptil now Guys.

Please definetly ignore editing/common repition of words errors etc – since I have not proofread.

And I shall now let you all dive in without – further Delay.

………….

CHAPTER 9 – LET'S TUNE INTO THE ‘GENRE' of DREAMS

SAME DAY – 19TH FEB,2019

1030 PM @ THE TRENT BRIDGE SPOT

ARNAV’S POV

Cluelessly – Adorable.

Cluelessly – Captivating.

Cluelessly – Delightful.

Cluelessly – Pleasing.

Cluelessly – Appealing.

Cluelessly – Charming.

Cluelessly – Endearing.

Cluelessly – Enchanting.

Cluelessly – Alluring.

Cluelessly – Fascinating.

Cluelessly – Irresistible

Yup.

All of the Above is Exactly what she Is.

Who She?

Do I have to State?

I think it’s Pretty Obvious.

But lets state it Anyway.

Who She?

Khushi – Of course.

And well guys..honestly - I could have gone on with that List, but I think my heads kind off run out on the adjectives right Now.

HA.HA.HA.

I know – it’s Amusing.

But I can’t help it everyone.

I mean as much as her Cluelessness is like a continuous Over's of Yorker’s in my face, its also something that’s kind off tip-toeing its way into my head, bit by bit, on its own accord.

Its kinda growing on me.

Why?

Because its so Genuinely Innocent and Earnestly Sincere and Fresh. This isnt about Her..trying to be Clueless on Purpose as a way of being Coy about it all. This is about the fact that She genuinely hasn’t been able to comprehend the possibility in that little fascinating head of her’s – that I am kind off interested in her in a lot of other ways as well. Other Ways – that aren’t limited to being just “Great Friends.”

I think I am right to Presume in my head right now that Ms.Clueless Cinderella thinks that – I am in touch with her because of just three reasons. One – being our common love for Cricket + me knowing the fact that she’s looked up to me as one of her Inspirations in terms of my game , and I obviously want to encourage her and empower her as a fellow sportsperson. Two - being the fact that obviously we click naturally as friends, because of the array of things we have in Common. Three – being the fact that she is also Rahul’s little sister.

God.

I am really going to have to take this slow and steady, and eventually get around to Spelling things Out to her, like word by word, or maybe letter by letter, as we go on from here. Or wait everyone, I also think that Khushi thinks that I am going to have no time whatsoever to be in touch with her, once I leave here from Nottingham.

Ha.

Only if she knew.

Only if she knew – that the second reason as to why I went to the Nets session earlier on in the afternoon was actually because I couldn’t wait to get a glimpse off her + the fact that I really wanted to see her Play and practice live in front off my eyes all dressed up in cricketing gear, and because I couldn’t be here until the live match, the next best opportunity that I wanted to grab within my reach was to go to the Nets Session. And guys – cmon I am sure that you all know I most definitely didn’t just want to see Khushi play live to see if she was able to get the hang on the Cover Drive or not. I mean That’s what she thinks.

Not You all right?

You all obviously know – Why?

And well to be honest – the minute I observed her profile from afar with Mira + coaches + jharna as she practiced with so much focus and determination, and then eventually got the technique right - I kind off felt really proud of her indeed.

So basically all through out the afternoon during my visit to the Nets Session, I was all of Five things. One – I was grateful for the conversation that I had with Khushi the previous night, as it enlightened me with certain facts that I wanted to immediately talk out with the Captains – Mira + Harpreet + Coaches, and once we had the discussions that we did, I had a clearer background into the future development plans, I was able to openly talk to them and tell them that they must not hesitate to ask me/or our entire men in blue unit for added support as when they felt was needed. Second, I was immediately Smitten by the sight off Khushi live in her Cricketing Avatar -ofcourse. Third – I was very Proud and Happy, when I saw her get on with her Practise time with so much Dedication and then get the Cover Drive technique right. Fourth – I was beyond just amused, with the whole meet and greet scene inwardly indeed. It surely was Fun Guys.

Haha.

But on number Five of all that I was - comes in a Little Worry. As in, I did get a little worried as I spotted her walk off along with her Team mates off the field and I observed that there was a lot of daze in her body language which she was trying to conceal , but It kind of didn’t escape my eyes, ( I dont know how but I kind of could read through it)and I was then worried that what If the entire setting and the situation had intimidated her? For a Bit.

That’s why I texted her to Check on Her.

I obviously do not want to Intimidate her and scare her away in any way guys, and when she did tell me that she was finding it difficult to put me in the Mr Stranger frame, while I was on field, I felt a little bit of the worry go up on the Worry meter on its own accord and I thought to drop her a little Hint about the reason as to why I went to the Nets Session – which once again, she didn’t kind off catch on to. And then I just had to distract the topic and ask her to come soon, because I felt that seeing her smile at me naturally and not awkwardly, might be able to lessen my worry on the Worry Meter.

And I was right about that once again – as in the minute she reached the Hotel to chill out with us all, I was very glad and grateful about the fact that there wasn’t any awkwardness around at all. Yes, we were still keeping the pretend on that we only know each other through our siblings and engaged in some general + cricketing + family related conversations along with everyone as we chilled until after Dinner, and once again it was around 1015 when Rahul and Anjali left, and Rahul decided to Drop Khushi back to the hotel, on their way back again. And as Akash retired for the night as well, I once again, made my way here to the Trent Bridge Spot, in order to wait for Khushi.

I think she will be here in a couple of minutes, as she did text me while she had resumed her walk from her Hotel towards here. And now that I think of it everyone – I can’t really call this Space just My Spot anymore. Because as I sit her all by myself right now, I discover that I don’t really want to be just by myself in this Space, anymore.

Hmmmmm.

Everyone, I have a thought coming in – into my Head right now as I find myself chuckling fondly on reflex remembering Khushi’s adorable cluelessness. I am thinking now, that there could be a high probability of the fact that Khushi’s probably never been in a relationship before at all. As in I did inquire subtly from her if she had any boyfriends currently, which she did say that she didn’t. But I am thinking to myself – that what if she’s this Clueless about catching onto my hints because she’s never dated before at all.

I make a mental note to ask her about the same right now -Subtly.

I am right on that thought when I hear a little hustle bustle of footsteps in the grass and I look up to see Khushi nearing me with a grin up her face and her pink hoodie cap , is back on her head, and she now takes out the earphones that were plugged into her ears and says – “ look Skipper Blue, I am punctual today as well…iv reached bang on the time I had predicted I would, which is 1040 PM…”

I chuckle as I say, shifting up in my position a little in front of the tree trunk, gesturing her to sit in the spot she was sitting yesterday with her back to the tree trunk – “ and I am glad about that…because that anyway gives us just an hour to talk, before you go all..Skipper Blue…I need to leave so that I can make it back by midnight..”

Khushi grins and takes her seat in front off me, and leans back into the tree trunk comfortably and folds her legs comfortably in a cross and she states happily – “ it was a wonderful evening no with everyone???”

I nod as a smile returns to curve my lips naturally – “ yes Khushi.. indeed it was…”

Khushi eyes twinkles as she states – “ and akash is so very kool too…I mean you already know how I feel about Anjali…like bhai literally won’t stop smiling…that’s how happy she makes him ya…Skipper Blue…did you notice how they are around each other completely tuned into one another…and the happiness is evident on their faces isn’t it???”

I chuckle – “ yes, khushi , I noticed it very much…Rahul is really cool too..”

Khushi grins as she shrugs her shoulders up excitedly in a I -know -it move – “ I know right…afterall he is my superbro..he’s gotta be cool…Skipper Blue”

We share a warm laugh for a couple of seconds and I admit honestly – “ well I’m just glad that you seemed to be all relaxed when you reached the hotel…I mean…I was worried that I had maybe kind off put you in some awkward spot by coming to the nets session perhaps? I didn’t want to intimidate you at all Khushi…I swear..”

Khushi grins as she states – “ ohoooo…chill ya Skipper Blue…don’t worry about it all ok? remember I told you, it was the situation and the setting that was a tad bit intimidating not you at all…and guess what…I came up with this amazing strategy in my head ok? like while I was on the way to the hotel..that it kind off eased it all for me…and given the circumstances, I think the strategy is definitely going to do me good…”

I raise my eyebrow as I ask inquisitive, a side grin curving up my lip on it s own accord – “ really?? Did you come up with a strategy for the same?? Lets hear it…”

I was very eager to know, what her Head’s come up with Now.

Khushi chuckles and she points her index finger at me playfully – “ ok Skipper Blue, I will tell you all about it but only on one condition…”

I chuckle – “ what condition Khushi??”

Khushi rolls her twinkling eyes excitedly – “ on the condition that you are not going to laugh at all…promise…like pakaa se wala promise…or wait..more like pakka*infinity wala promise..”

I am already biting back my laugh – everyone.

How is she so Adorable again?

Khushi’s eyes widen as she states playfully – “ see…there you go Skipper Blue…you are already biting back on your laugh…fine…go ahead…I know you’v probably labelled me as an episode of Comedy Circus in your head…already…”

Wait. What???

Ok. Guys.

I can’t help It.

I burst into giggles now Immediately knowing that my contagious laughter will make Khushi laugh too, and we end up laughing it out loud for a couple of minutes, looking at each other happily.

God. I can’t begin to explain how Good I feel when I am with Her.

Like Really Good.

Really Really Good.

She’s also Mesmerisingly Irresistible, when shes got so much Happiness Dancing on her Face.

I am fighting my urge to silence her Laughter with a Deep Kiss right now – with great difficulty again.

I pause on my laugh and I put my hands up to my sides in surrender as I say honestly – “ ok…I promise…I’m not going to laugh anymore…I mean I will defiantly try to bite back on it…while I listen you talk to me about this strategy…”

Khushi nods and she states adorably – “ actually now that I think of it Skipper Blue…you can laugh if you want too…its kind off is a little funny…but its going to help me ease things within my head…and at the end of the day that’s all that matters…”

I ask with a smile – “ ok..tell me now…”

Khushi picks up her phone and she flashes the screen to my face and unlocks it and she states pointing to the icon – “ see…right now my phone says..its on vibration mode..and you know like it has more modes that I can keep switching in between as per my wish with regards to the situations around me…like silent, general ringer, or flight mode etc etc…”

I nod at her – “ yes I know Khushi…but why are we discussing the modes of our phones ringers again??”

Khushi states excitedly – “ ohhoo…wait..listen no….ok..see…so while I was heading upto Akash’s room to meet with you all…I put my phone from ringer to silent ok?? and right that is when an idea struck me…”

I ask grinning – “ ok…I figure you are building upto something..Khushi…go on…”

Khushi nods – “ yes…I am Skipper Blue..so right then I thought to myself…hey..before the dawn of cell phones + internet came around..people used to rely for media entertainment on mainly Radio or TV, right? Like for majority bit of the daily lives…right?? Like they would tune into different channels…or radio stations…as per what mood they are in …like if someone wants to watch news they are going to tune into a news channel, or if someone wants to watch cricket, they will tune into a sports channel, or if someone wants to watch a tv show, they will switch to different channel right?? Bu tyour TV remains the same…and Like even in radio..you keep switcing in between these various FM stations right?? But your gadget remains the same, similarly like how I just showed you my phone..the phone remains the same, but I have the freedom to switch in between different modes on it..”

I nod at her Puzzled, trying to figure out in my head where she is going with this.

Khushi grins excited and she states – “ sooo then…in my head I was like……dude Khushi think off Skipper Blue as TV no..you know like he is the Main TV Screen which is going to remain the same but just like how you tune into different channels on a TV Set, think off all different modes of Skipper Blue as different Channels…that you can probably switch to with an imaginary remote control button fixed within the walls of your head… ”

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT DID SHE SAY?

GUYS.

THIS IS A FIRST AGAIN.

NO ONE’S EVER CALLED ME A – TV ever before!!!!

I ask amused – “ wait wait..wait…what??? Khushi..did you just call me a TV…like are you for real??”

Khushi chuckles as she states – “ ok..hear me out…so there are times when I might meet you in a professional setting like on the cricket ground in the nets session like I did today…then in that moment I tune into Channel 1 in my head, which will make me look at you as only Skipper Blue…one of my biggest cricketing inspirations of all time+ the Captain of the Indian Cricket Team…then there are times, when I am going to meet you with the setting or a situation which is going to with all our siblings, given the circumstances, then in my Head – I press the imaginarily remote control button and switch to Channel 2, in where we pretend to be all friendly, cool, and casual in front of our siblings more like the fact being that our interactions happen out of mandate/ like by default of our siblings being in love with one other….and then, there are times, when I am going to meet you as I am meeting you right now…as a friend…and because of the mysterious bubble of comfortable strange ways in which we connect, I am going to now switch to Channel 3 in which you are not like a reflection of the Channel 1 0r 2 at all…you will be like a whole different channel …the channel of Mr Stranger…so that ways, in my headspace I can go about it all with like a lot of ease…I meet you in a professional setup..bam switch my head to channel 1, I meet you with our siblings…switch to Channel 2, I meet you like this..as like great friends in the making…press the button to Channel 3…puff see…how easy that it…there won’t be any room for intimidation at all then…as in …like this afternoon remember how I told you that I couldn’t look at you in the frame as Mr Stranger..and then I expressed it over chat to you…and that kind off had me thinking…and I was asking my head to help me figure this out…because I understood ofcourse that your intention was not to intimidate me at all Skipper Blue…but look see the TV screen remains the same…”,and she gestures that out to me by outlining a TV square in front of my face playfully and adds with a grin – “ but I can switch the channels as and how the situation requires, like for example, before I entered Akash’s room , I closed my eyes and instructed myself to Channel 2 and that’s why you could immediately catch on to how relaxed I was as normally, and while on my way here..i switched to Channel 3…and that’s why…I am so relaxed now too…so basically that way in my head..it gotten all easy peasy..like all sorted…soo…yeah…that’s the strategy….You Skipper Blue are like this really kool TV now, in my head..…”, she finishes with an adorable chuckle.

Ok Everyone.I am beyond amused by the way her head works for Real.

I chuckle as I look at her amused – “ ok …trust me…I have never heard anything like this before…and I most definetly have never been called a TV before…like ever…but if that’s what makes you comfortable Khushi…then hey..why not think off it this way…”

I do wish I can tell her soon that I am in all moods to add another Channel into the List – though. A super special Channel.

Khushi chuckles – “ I know right…”

I ask grinning – “ and when we are texting and chatting..then what Channel are you tuned into Khushi??”

Khushi chuckles – “ channel 3 of Mr Stranger.. ofcourse Skipper Blue…but now you know what ..here comes in a little twist..because we are like great friends in the making..and have like truckloads of things in common…im thinking…lets give Channel 3 a whole new modern get up…you know like how smart TV’s have apps and stuff these days..so like if you say take Netflix or either Hotstar…the minute you open them…you have like a range of genres that you can choose what you want to watch from…so similarly…Channel no 3 is also like the App, in which we can list out so many various genres of our conversations…like varying from cricket, family, siblings, our other common things, general day to day stuff, etc etc…and wait wait wait as I say this out loud to you…I think I want give the app which is like a Synonym to Channel 3 a name as well – hmmm…how about if we call it App - 2122, and that’s because your jersey no is 21 and mine in 22…what say Skipper Blue? You like the name no?? and incase if you don’t like it…we can totally rename it to something different…”

I am literally biting back on my laugh but I grin as I admit honestly – “ well this is interesting you know Khushi…and…the name for the App is good too…2122 , a very good choice for the name……so just checking… its like we are tuned into Channel 3 which = App 2122 right now?? Right???”

She grins and nods happily – “ yes…exactly…like see App 2122 is like a extra bonus app feature only exclusive to Channel 3…ok??? ”

I bite back my laugh as I state – “ got it Khushi…done…I totally get your point…and I mist say that’s a very strange yet very intriguing strategy..indeed…”

Khushi chuckles and states happily – “ thank you so much Skipper Blue…and well now you can laugh you know…I know youv been biting back on it…”,and before I can Khushi bursts into a little laugh herself as she states through– “ god ya…I know its funny…but it helps ok…”

Our eyes lock and I burst into laughter again as well as I say through it – “ I understand Khushi…I swear I do…”

And as we continue to share a warm laughter again,I can’t help but laugh – Happily and Freely.

Guys.

How Can I Not be Smitten by Her???

She’s gotten into My Head.

Khushi pauses on her laughter first and she says taking a deep breathe as says – “ ok so Mr Stranger…since you heard me out yesterday…how about we tune into the conversation that was left from last night…as in remember you still gotta tell me about your dreams…lets totally tune into the genre of Dreams in that list of conversations…cmon…go on..i am listening…”

I grin happily as I say – “ ok..then…lets get started..”

Please Note – I have never been this excited about talking about my Dreams to anyone, apart from my Family ever.

Khushi asks inquisitive – “ ok so tell me Skipper Blue..when you started out…in the national squad…you know just like I am right now…what did you dream for yourself…like did you ever dream that you’d be where you are now???”

I admit honestly – “ ok..so to be very honest…I didn’t think then..when I started out…that id be the Captain of the Indian cricket team one day in all formats…like it wasn’t what I dreamt off to start with you know Khushi…that dream kind off just formulated along the way you know…”

Khushi nods in an understanding – “ ofcourse…I get you…goals evolve…they evolve just as we do.…”

I grin – “ exactly, but you know one things remained common through out my journey…as to what the dreams revolve around eventually…and that’s Cricket…you know like my love for the game…so while I was on this journey to where I am now, and mapping my very own emotions through out it all…I’v always given priority to the fact that it’s the game the matters to me Khushi…like you know everything that comes along with it, in being attached to the sport we are…is kind off like a secondary thing for me…or more like its something iv tucked into the boot of my car in terms of priority…”

Khushi nods in understanding – “ you mean…that youv packed up the glitz and glamour, the fame, the name etc etc…and ducked it in the boot of you car in terms of priority right??”

I nod as I say – “ yes exactly that’s exactly what I mean…as in I do understand that all these things come around because of the profession and job profile I am in…but what I mean to say is that, that snot what drives me or motivates me to keep playing with passion and determination and keep going forward…it never was..because iv obviously seen and known the fact that all of these things are just like temporary you know in the sense…the fame, glitz, glamour, the name – its all going to go by one day in a puff anyway, like you know its going to die down..wither down…eventually when one stops playing etc or actually it all starts get to mixed up when critics etc about your performance stagnancy starts to get into picture you know because as cricketers/sportspersons we all do have our days..some phases.. …so I never believed in having something which is anyway temporary in nature be the driving/motivational force of what I do or for my dreams for that matter…the core of it all always has been the love I have for my game…because that’s kind off rooted permanently in me..right??? infact even today I tell myself…that I do what I do because I love to do it.because that’s what I want to do in my heart….not because its being influenced by any other secondary factors”

Khushi nods as she states sincerely – “and I totally understand …and I think this is great Skipper Blue..because I truly believe as well that theres no greater motivation or drive than the one that comes straight from the heart…”

I grin – “ and I knew you would understand Khushi…not many people do though…its very normal for many to think naturally…because of the way cricket is perceived in our country that one works to dawn the blue jersey because of the name, fame, glitz, glamour that comes around with it…but it truly isn’t that for me..never has been…I continue to focus on my performance and fitness so that I can give the best version of myself to the game I love out there when I step out on the field…and in my heart..i know whats the core is..”

Khushi nods with a knowing grin – “ and that’s all that matters you know…what you believe in your heart…”

I nod, and our eyes lock and she asks softly – “ ok..then go on…tell me all about when and how did this entire thought came into your being that you could be Captain one day…you know since you mentioned it evolved along the way…”

I admit honestly grinning – “ ok so that was like more like off late as in..after I was handed in the Test Captaincy and cap dev and the board would keep dropping hints that he is looking to step down as captain soon…”,and I continue to tell her all about it, my dreams, and my goals, and my aspirations that evolved along the way, and everything I went through in my cricketing emotions uptil the time I took over as Captain and everything that happened for me after uptil this point, and she’s listening with not just keen interest but with so much sincerity in her eyes that it moves me.

About 20 - 25 minutes later once I am done telling her everything I say with a grin in conclusion - “so yup…that’s was what it was for me…and here I am today..sitting in front of you…as Skipper Blue…with my priorities still standing very clear in front of my eyes in terms of the professional role, on number one - still being my love for the game..Second being the fact that I dream to keep our unit a close knit one as always, leading from the front but at the same time be empowering and supportive towards the team as Captain, with the aim to keep the dressing room atmosphere all kool and relaxed, friendly and empowered with the balanced amount of positive aggression , in there as well because it’s the Team that matters at the end off the day, it’s like all our fingers that make the fist together now doesn’t it…”. Khushi nods happily in un understanding and I continue with another grin – “and then comes in the dream to keep playing and giving my best to India as long as I can…until age and health allows, for as sportsperson we are all aware about this right? That there will come a point when we have to retire from the games…so yes..for now…I also dream to give it my all as long as I can…”

Khushi nods in an understanding and she states with a smile – “ and I think you’ v got a long way to go ahead Skipper Blue…for real…but tell me something..i mena now that we are at it…have you thought off what after? As in when you stop playing you know when the age/health factor comes in??i mean you do have this huge family business in the background too right…”

I grin as I raise my eyebrow – “ ok..this is exactly where I ask you to take a guess…as in…what do you think I will do when I stop playing cricket…”

Lets see if she can Guess this.

Something in my Gut tells me that she Will.

Khushi nods as she says deep in thought – “ ok…so if the guess is on me…then on the basis of how much I have gotten to know you until now… I definitely want to take a guess that I don’t think you have any plans or dreams of ever joining in your family business, I think you are going to do something that’s going to make you stay connected to the game indeed…like as game analyst, sometimes even a commentator…or wait.. even coach, or maybe you might open a cricket academy or something like that…or maybe join in the BCCI on the board…I mean I am sure your family and Akash might want otherwise but either ways I’m guessing that you are going to stay deeply connected with cricket even after you stop playing…”

See Guys.

My Gut was right Again.

She Guessed it – Bang On.

I admit with a grin – “ and you guessed it right Khushi…that’s what the plan is…you know the options are many…as you pointed out…so I am going to take on what my heart asks me to follow when the time comes….and yes even if I do take up on businesses…it wont definetly be related to the family business…I am so not getting into that…for it doesn’t catch my interest you know…id rather do a business thats always going to be sport related which yes might not necessarily be restricted to cricket…but even then businesses and stuff..that will be like a thing happening in the background…the forefront of focus will still be what I do with regards to cricket…”

Khushi grins – “ obviously ya Skipper Blue…I mean I figured that you will say the latter bit…because its like even all your brand endorsements mainly are sports related stuff…right?? I think its always been that way right…”

I nod as I admit – “ yup…its always been that way…except for this one time…where in I was shooting for this popular consumer product which was not related to sport…”

Khushi asks – “ oh wait…are you talking about that ad shoot with Pia??”

I nod – “ yup…that one exactly…that was actually where I first met her..”

Khushi nods and she states with a genuine smile – “ I know…as in Pia talked about it one of her interviews no…she talked all about where you guys first met..and stuff…Jess kind off is her big fan too…she’d always show me her interviews and hey to be honest…that was a good Ad nonetheless…Skipper Blue…the camera kind off likes you,..you know…”

I grin as I say – “ thank you khushi…ill take that as a compliment…”

Khushi grins – “ it definitely was supposed to be one Skipper Blue…and on that note can I say something?”

I say – “ yes please???”

Khushi chuckles – “ ok so you wont believe this..while we were walking off the ground today after the little meet and greet with you…Jess was still sulking over your and Pia’s break up for real…she was all like shipping you both and saying things like I hope they reconcile soon…”

I ask amused – “ really??”

Ok Jess – you’v totally got it all Wrong. For iv got my eyes on your friend whose sitting in front of me – all crazily adorably clueless about it all, for real.

Khushi chuckles – “ yes yes..really…arree half of India is still holding on that Hope…Skipper Blue…its maybe because you guys did look really good together…I mean gotta state a fact as is right?”

I state on reflex, sincerly – “ well the half of India can hope whatever they want…but that’s not going to happen anyway…Pia and me are Over…there’s no way that we can ever be together again…”

I am now anticipating Khushi to ask me about the reason of our break up, but once again she doesn’t and states with a genuine Skipper Blue – “ ofcourse ya Skipper Blue…you must do what makes you happy …the world is like this only no…they will keep talking…anyway…so might as well do what makes you happy right??? The Happiness within should be priority no…as in on personal stuff as well…”

Ok.

Everyone.

I see a little window in here.

I think I can subtly ask what’s been on my Mind.

I state honestly – “ well yes…I agree with you on that as well…and I want to ask you something Khushi…can i??”

Khushi nods – “ yes Skipper Blue…please go ahead…”

I ask – “ ok since we are still tuned into Channel 3/app 2122, you wouldn’t mind if I scroll down within the genre of Dream, as in like to another subsection…”

Khushi shoots me a puzzled look – “ ohkk…yes…I wouldn’t mind..Skipper Blue…so whats this subsection…”

I make sure that I am looking to her eyes as I say this – “ ok so this subsections a little personal one…my friend …I want to ask…so whats it like been for you ??”

Khushi looks at me puzzled again – “ whats been like what about me Skipper Blue??”

I ask with a casual smile – “ as in..dating…relationships…hows it been for you??you did say that you have no one that you are seeing currently as in your boyfriends, but I am sure you must be seeing someone before too right…so what about you as in…whom were you seeing before this??well it’s a fair question Khushi…I dare you to tell me honestly.. since you already know who I was seeing ..all thanks to the media + social media…”

Khushi chuckles as she states - “ well yes now that you put it that way…yes I already have a lot of information on that angle from before only….”

I ask, locking my eyes with hers – “ and I don’t have any information on that angle with regards to you…so cmon then tell me…”

Khushi asks, a flash of surprise going through her eyes – “ for real? Like you really want to know for real??”

I nod – “ ofcourse…Khushi…why do you think I asked??”

Khushi shrugs her shoulders and she states with an amused expression – “ well then I just gotta be honest ya…as in..there isn’t really much to say on that accord/angle for me actually Skipper Blue…which means that I have never kind off been in any relationship ever before…like no boyfriends ever…so I wouldn’t have much to talk about on this bit at all…”

Ok.

See Everyone.

I was Right in My Guess – As Well.

I ask on reflex because I want to know the answer – “ and why is that Khushi?? As in don’t you want to be in a relationship??”

Khushi chuckles as she states sincerely – “ ok I am about to tell you a secret…please keep it safe with you…ok? Skipper Blue?? Only Jess knows this…and now you would know…”

I nod – “ ofcourse khushi…tell me…”

Khushi whispers softly – “ I swear to the cricketing gods, I wouldn’t know how to be in a relationship, even if the sky falls down on me ya…I am like such a freaking Tomboy within for real…I have no clue about it at all…like to be honest…sometimes like on tours when we go out and stuff for dinners and everything and there have been instances when guys have come up to me and Jess to strike up a conversation and in those moments…its like Sheena di or Harpreet di or even Jess for that matter will tell me..Khushi..that boy was trying to flirt with you…and he walked away because you were so freaking clueless about it…apparently my crazy cluelessness with regards to these matters is like very putting off for boys ya Skipper Blue…”

STUPID FREAKING BOYS.

PLEASE NOTE – I AM ALSO THANKING GOD FOR THESE STUPID FREAKING BOYS.

AND SHE’S FREAKING CRAZY TO SAY THAT IT COULD BE PUTTING OFF.

I MEAN – WE ALL KNOW WHATS IT DOING TO ME RIGHT?

ITS FREAKING DRAWING ME TO HER.

I ask looking into her sincerely clueless eyes, they still have no idea as to why I asked her this – “ really?? What makes you think it could be putting off??”

Khushi shrugs and she states honestly – “ well…I don’t know…I guess I just figured that out in my head…but you know what Skipper Blue…I think its isn’t about just that…to be honest I don’t even think I have ever met someone that I genuinely want to be with..you know like in that sense…like whom I can genuinely sincerely like…it could be because my experience with boys uptil now has kind off been very twisted…”

I ask puzzled – “ ok…define twisted…”

Khushi chuckles – “ more like I am always scaring them away kind off twisted…you wont believe, it wasn’t just very recently jess and me scare this one guy away who came up to talk to me because..he was all like oh wait? Does India even have a cricket team for women….we gave it back to him so nicely ya…as in I gave in a full lecture about the history of women’s cricket in India…he obviously ran away…”

I ask – “ reallyyy????but hey…that kind of ignorance and gender stereotype is definitely rude…”

Khushi nods and she says – “ exactly right….ok hear this…do you know once I even scared a boy away by raising my bat to his face…”

I ask amused , imagining the scene in my head already – “ really??? When was this?? And why???”

Khushi chuckles – “ during school days ya obviously like Grade 11 definitely…and what could I do ya…he was so disrespectful towards the fact that I could play cricket only because I am a girl…he was a year senior though like grade 12…and well to be honest..i used to have a crush on him ok …but one fine day…all of that changed…when he opened his mouth out in front off me and there was only sarcasm, and condescending down dripping out of his voice all being like – Khushi I like you..but before we get on with that…I want to know are you really serious about all this cricket stuff?? I mean cmon you can’t be serious…what future do you have in this???and I thought to myself in my head that dude you mean to say you just like the way I look perhaps and that’s what you are interested in..and not in me as person in general at all…and I decided to give it back to him ok… And he said that to me when I was walking out for practice…ok? so I had my bat on me…I literally picked it up to his face and stated – you shoo away now…before I get my bat to shoo you away as if you were a freaking cricket ball…go to hell dammit…I am so not interested in being with male chauvinists pigs in the making like you …”

I say on reflex, grinning – “ really????????…”

Khushi chuckles – “ yup…really…well he obviously ran away ya and we never spoke again…”,and her smile lessens and she shrugs now – “ well its always been that way actually…”

I ask inquisitive – “ what do you mean??”

Khushi sighs – “ so..ofcourse while I was growing up…boys would always try to bully me because of my interest in cricket…they’d be like…you play cricket? Can you even hold a freaking bat?? Etc etc…I eventually learnt how to stand up to them ofcourse…but it was a journey to that bit…initially it used to get to me ofcourse…dad, mom, bhai were always there guiding me through it all…I can never thank them enough for that ya…infact bhai was always there initially in school no…as in hes five years older to me, so until he passed out, he’d always give it back to anyone who tried to bully his little sister, but it was when he passed out of school I realised hey…I can’t rely for support all the time…gotta freaking face these bullies head on and stand up for myself, myself….because I always believed in my dreams…I wasn’t going to let bullies deter away my spirit….and once I decided that…it kind of got better…”

Wait.

What?

I want to Smash these Bully Boys with my Bat.

I state – “ im so sorry to hear this Khushi…will you be comfortable enough to talk to me about it??”

Khushi nods and smiles naturally – “ ofcourse…yes..ok..where do I start from..there were like so many instances ya..boys were so mean to me ya..always especially in school…actually some girls were too…you know there were times I wished Jess went to the same school as me…I mean I know her for ages now…but we were in different schools…there were a couple of people, whom I thought were my friends back in school…but then most of them would vanish from around me when some of these bullying/cornering/targeting incidents would happen…and I realised that they were just good weather friends you know…” ,and she continues to briefly highlight all the instances she faced in school and Iv freaking smashed every bully imaginarily with my bat right in their faces while I am listening on keenly my heart going out to her and minutes later once she is done, she concludes with a shrug of her shoulders – “ and well to be honest to you…this is very common you know…Jess used to face it too...people just don’t want to accept the fact that a girl might want to pursue sports professionally with as much ease you know…I think it’s the stereotypes no…infact now as iv gotten to know people in the team…its like everyone has faced something like being targeted, bullied, or being out under unnecessary pressure to change ones decision…at some point surely….either in their school circle, family circle, society etc….you know how it is right??but In a way over time as I look back at it all…I look at it as a blessing in disguise…facing all of that has kind off made me a stronger person within…like you know how things like this test you for your inner strength?”

I nod.

I know exactly what she means, and I gesture her to go on with a Smile, locking my eyes with her.

Khushi smiles – “ and well all thanks to Dad and Mom and Bhai…they always were there for me…theyv supported me and my dreams…infact all of my family circle has as well…so I would tell myself when I would be amidst a bullying scene , that I am lucky to have my family’s love and belief in my dreams…who the hell are these people to tell me what I should want or dream of being???and then I would just take power and courage from that…and then give it back left, right and center to these bullies you know…and then eventually no one ever dared to corner me because they actually started fearing that I was capable of smashing my bat or swing a ball in their faces…”

I say sincerely, sure the admiration and pride was dripping in my voice – “ khushi I think its commendable off you to stand up to all of this..and look at you today..here you are following your dreams…dawned in a Blue Jersey…playing for India Women…”

Khushi nods with a grin – “ thank you so much Skipper Blue and thats….because iv always believed what Daddy, Mom and Bhai have taught me…and that’s a fact that gender doesn’t define dreams…and I gotta believe in my dreams and myself no matter what…. like Its on me to atleast give it my best shot at following the dream I see for myself…the results may vary with time ofcourse…but I gotta do what I gotta do…can’t give up…right??one’s gotta go the distance…”

I nod and I say with a smile – “ and you will go the distance khushi….always…im sure about that….”

Khushi grins and she says – “ thank you so much ya Skipper Blue…ok…so can I tell you something more?? As in I have a feeling you will understand and not be all judgy about it…”

I nod – “ please yes…tell me…”

Khushi – “so you know I am always a big supporter of women empowerment etc, but then again…it’s the gender equality that’s the bit I like to focus on…its my belief that no ones superior or inferior…like not even..49 – 51…its should be like 50-50…but then I guess society’s still going to take time to get around to accepting the fact…and that’s why its such a common topic of discussion too…for it’s a sad truth that there is gender disparity everywhere…in so many spectrums, almost every field…so much of it in sports too Skipper Blue…as you already know…its not just our sport…but almost every sport in India…girls face this disparity…the doubt, the sarcasm, from friends, some even face it from their family, and then the society of course which anyway loves to stereotype and keep talking god knows what not…”

I nod as I say sincerely – “ I know exactly what you mean Khushi…”

Khushi – “ so basically that view kind off just transfers to a personal level also as in I believe the same…as in like that..in a relationship…no ones superior , no ones inferior…gods made the two of us genders for two reasons – its gotta be 50-50, you know like a partnership…I mean if you look at life, in life are their gender exclusive matches??? In sport perhaps yes…oh definetly yes…”

I nod in a understanding and We share a warm laugh for a couple of seconds.

My respect and admiration is rising for her with the second and she continues now – “so..what I mean is that can that be the same for life?? In the sense in a relationship? I don’t think so…the scale most definitely shouldn’t lean on any side of the spectrum…its gotta be equal…like I want to listen to what the other person has to say..and I also want to be heard for who I am…I am a strong individual in the making Skipper Blue…I have a voice, an individuality, and I want to be with someone who respects that, its like you know hows thers this border line difference in between unnecessary patriarchal domination vs being subtly supportive and empowering through discussions and looking for mututally win win situations which give both the parties sheer happiness along the way …so its like I want to be with someone who believes in the latter…and uptil now its like iv never really met someone who is ready to see me for who I am…or understand me for who I am within ..and I am kind off very clear on this accord Skipper Blue…if someone has to like me…be with me ..then it has to be for who I am…I am not going to change myself even a dime bit…so that I can fit into some wishlist template of boys ya…because if I change who I am …then it means im being dishonest and disrespectful to myself and I could never do that to myself you know…”

I nod as I say sincerely – “ ofcourse Khushi…you must never have to fit into a template…”

Khushi chuckles – “ I know right…and to be honest…I couldn’t fit into any freaking template even if I tried because like I told you…I love myself way too much to try to take a shot at being something just because someone else wants it…like for example…I want to have the freedom of choice with me always…like if I ever get into a relationship..there might come a point that I might want to do something for the other person…like its like it should be by choice no…like I want to do it out of emotion or out of love…it should not be like I have to do this etc etc….”

I nod at her in an understanding.

And you know what I feel?

Blown Away.

She’s freaking Blown me Away in a Sixer.

I think I am the Ball and her amazingly sorted out thoughts are the Bat right Now.

Khushi grins - “ so yeah…I mean boys are free to get themselves customised robot gf’s or Siri’s/Alexa’s if they want their emphasis and interests lie on expecting someone to change themselves for them…I surely am not interested…”

I chuckle now as I state – “ customised Siri’s/Alexa’s??? how do you even come up with that..”

Khushi chuckles – “ are true no…they should date Alexa?siri no if they want or expect a girl to act as per a list of instruction manual…so yeah basically Skipper Blue a combination of all of the above that I just told you + the fact that someone should be ready to accept long distance aspect of the relationship that is going to be in the picture by default because of what I do + the fact that that someone needs to prioritize on being loyal kind of equals to be a difficult combination to find in a boy/man these days….and then obviously it has to feel right in the heart as well no…should make me happy too and well none of that has happened yet…….so yes…now that its anyway such a difficult combination to find I guess its kind off understood that I am going to stay single for quite a bit…and until then I am already in a very deep commitment with my 22 yards no…”

I nod in an understanding – “ I respect your point of view Khushi…for real…”

Khushi nods with a smile – “ I know you do Skipper Blue…its on your face and in your eyes…”

And even though she didn’t ask, I want to say this to her now and I admit , locking my eyes with hers – “ loyalty is very important to me too Khushi…you know…long distance is obviously tough, buts that’s how its by default for me too right…”

Khushi nods – “ ofcourseee…Skipper Blue…”

I admit honestly – “ and the reason why I broke up with Pia was this…she kind of cheated on me…”

Khushi asks her eyes widening in shock – “ wait….what??????????????she cheated on you?????????”

I nod as I admit – “ so you know shes got a movie coming up right??”

Khushi nods – “ yup….”

I explain – “ she was on a outdoor shoot, and ended up cheating on me with her co- star…”

Khushi’s eyes widen in shock – “ whattttttttttttttttttttttt????????like really?????”

I nod and I fill her in all about it and I also tell her about the fact that I did appreciate that she was honest about it to me atleast, and even though she requested me to bury it behind…I obviously couldn’t, and I was also glad that it happened before I got too serious , or fell in love with her.

Khushi listens on keenly and once I am done filling her up about it she says softly – “ im so sorry Skipper Blue…but you know what I understand what you mean…trust + respect is like a foundation of every relationship..indeed…and honestly after knowing all of this and seeing the fact that you still never spoke any ill of her ever in public /media kind of doubles my respect for you….like that’s super good on you ya Skipper Blue…”

I smile – “ thank you so much khushi…”

Khushi smiles – “ see don’t I say…you are like the kindest yorker ever…”

We share a warm laugh now and right then our eyes lock,and Khushi says – “ and don’t worry, im not going to talk to anyone about this…ever…like no one will know from me…”

I admit honestly – “ I trust you on that Khushi…and you know what it feels really really good to talk to you…its so very nice to just talk to someone who gets me for who I am…I really like to talk to you…”

Khushi smiles, keeping her eyes locked with mine and she says softly – “ its likewise too Skipper Blue, as in…you get me..and it feels nice to be understood, and heard…and not be judged….you know what honestly…on the first day when we met…the reason as to why I stood there talking to you even though you were like a total stranger…it was because of the respect that was evident in your voice and tone, when you heard I am a female cricketer…even though I couldn’t see your face..i could sense it…which was like a first for me, because like I told you most of the time I hear a tinch of patriarchal sarcasm, and condescending doubt dripping in mens voices or through their tones and gestures the minute they hear about what I do…so yeah…its most definetly likewise Skipper Blue…I like to talk to you too…why do you think I came up with the TV+ Channel strategy…so that none of the intimidation stemming from the fact of who you are professionally can make me feel weird about our friendship…”

I admit with a grin – “ well id like to thank your brilliant head then for coming up with that strategy just in time then..”

Khushi grins – “ just in time indeed….”

And right then her Alarm buzzes off and she chuckles and states – “ look Mr.Alarm has also arrived Just in Time, indeed….”

We share a warm laugh as we get up now and start to make our usual way back and I ask – “ ok so tomorrow you are going to join us after Noon right??”

Khushi nods grinning – “ yup…straight up after gym + training time, since theres no nets session tomorrow, and I know Anjali is so very excited for the day out shes planned out for us all tomorrow…”

What she doesn’t know that My insides are Dancing in Glee too.

I admit grinning – “ I know…and im just gald ill get to see you tomorrow for longer…because I am scheduled to leave dayafter morning..like by 5am…”

Khushi smiles and grins – “ yup…but I shall be tuned into Channel no 2 of this amazing TV in front of everyone remember???”

I chuckle – “ yes ofcourse Khushi…”

Our eyes Lock for a couple of seconds and to my dismay she looks away after a minute or so and we resume our walk and I say – “and you are going to text me like you always do…ok? the minute you reach?pakka se..”

Khushi nods with a smile – “ ofcourse Skipper Blue…pakka*infinity se..”

Our eyes Lock again and I swear to God – I could stand right here int his very Spot and look into her Bewitching Eyes All Night.

But to my dismay she breaks the eyelock away and states as we reach the intersection – “ okkk…tata…Skipper Blue..ill be off now…”,and she waves me a bye cheerfully and I wave back at her with a grin and she turns around and starts to jog in the usual direction.

And once again – I am standing rooted to my Spot, looking out at her Vision, until its in the line of my eyes.

Raizada.

Put your Brains into Freaking Overtime for this – if you Have too.But you Gotta Figure out a Way – off Wooing Khushi for yourself.You need to Nurture this Connection – so that it gets you on Another Super Special Channel Spot in her TV Guide.

This is Freaking Important everyone.

I gotta take this Slow and Nurture it, so that she is comfortable enough to keep letting me in, and then eventually I am going to whisk her Away from her very own self.

Ask me Why?

Because remember how I said yesterday that I think I want to be the Man off Her Dreams.

Id like to Scratch out the Think Bit – surely Now. Because I don’t think I want to be the Man of her Dreams.

I WANT TO BE THE MAN OF HER DREAMS – INDEED.

FOR REAL.

……………………………

TADAAAAA!!!!!

Let me know what you guys think as always, you all know I love reading your feedback and comments.

Next Update : will try to give an Update Tomorrow Night or Wednesday Night. After that there will be a little halt for a week or so for I will switch to giving 3-4 back to back Updates of Chaotic Wires 2.0.

Thanks guys for all the Love and Support.

Much Love Guys.

Always.

………………………

He will never run out of adjectives for her. She has totally charmed him.

She is in a daze all right. She is equally captivated with him.

So now he has learned the secret to how she is compartmentalizing her interactions with him. Each one is tuned to a different channel.

Now we have app2122 getting started too. Her analogies are out of this world.

Will she get clued in to his interest in her? Lets see how long that takes.

Women always have to fight for recognition when they play a sport that is more male dominated.

Hellooo everyoneeeeeee

So here I am with the Next Update…its about…10 k plus Words Guys.

Will be Eager to know what you all think.

Thank you so much for your amazing feedback uptil now Guys.

Please definetly ignore editing/common repition of words errors etc – since I have not proofread.

And Yes…Apologies for the one Day Delay.

And I shall now let you all dive in without – further Delay.

………….

CHAPTER 10 – THIS IS NOT ‘GOODBYE’

20th February, 2019

9:45 PM

Hilton – Nottingham – Akash’s Suite

Khushi’s POV

Splash No 1.

Splash No 2.

Splash No 3.

Splash No 4.

Splash No 5.

Now before you all wonder, what the Splash Counting is about, let me tell you all that I was actually counting on the number of times, I was like – Splashing for Real.

Splashing What?

Splashing – My Face( of course ya ).

Ok, well to be more specific, Iv been Splashing my face with a Splash of Cold water, with the prime aim of getting my Eyes – to Restart and Refresh its Operating Systems.

Ok, before I get around to give you all a Heads Up about the context as to why I am doing this right now, I think I need to Splash this spurt of Cold water in my eyes for at least Five More Times.

Hold On Guys.

Wait.

Let’s get done with all this Splashing, first.

Splash 6.

Splash 7.

Splash 8.

Splash 9.

Splash 10.

Okkkkkkkkkkk Yes!

This should Restart the Operating System of My Eyes!!

I close the tap water now and pick up the fresh face towel and bury my face into it, and pat my face dry.

Ok

So.

To be honest, there are very rare occasions as to when I bombard my eyes with so much Splashing.(As in I obviously do it a couple of times everyday, but what I mean to say is that its never like 10 times in a row and all of it like all at once on daily basis, this Ten Times all at once –Cold water Splash into the Eyes is kind of reserved for occasions like Holi – when some colour particles find their way into my eyes. And well, yes - yes, I very well know it isn’t Holi yet, but still I just had to indulge in this Session Ya.

So.

Now is the time to Give you all a Glimpse into the Context.

Please don’t Laugh at me Guys.

But I am serious about this.

I think there’s something wrong with my Eyes like for Real (not like in the context of health or something but in the context of everything that they have been triggering today). For every time they’v locked with Skipper Blue eyes today, they’v kind off led to a trigger to a Familiar Situation in the Pit of my Stomach?

Familiar Situation what?

THE YO-YO WORLD CUP !!

I mean it for Real, that all day Today- the situation in my Stomach has Totally been like the scene off – THE RETURN OF THE YO – YO WORLD CUP.

Ok.

Wait.

I have to say what is as is right – so its like honestly, the Return of the Yo- Yo World Cup aired its opening ceremony in the pit of my stomach like last night. Like when I was on the way back to the Intersection point, walking alongside Skipper Blue, and my eyes locked with his for a while that lasted longer than a couple of seconds…like there was this one eye lock that almost reached a threshold of a minute, before I looked away all surprised and dazed by the return of the Yo- Yo in the pit of my stomach.

And on my way back to the Hotel, I was thinking to myself – wait…what just happened? Why did this stupid freaking Yo – Yo resume its operations in the pit of my stomach while I was looking into Skipper Blue’s eyes??????????????????

Like what was Wrong with Me!!!!!!!!!

I told myself that, it could all be because of the ways in which I am starting to feel more and more comfortable and at ease around Him.

You know like how, tuning into Channel 3/App 2122 = talking to Mr Stranger is kind off starting to feel so very normal and natural now, like as if it were the most natural thing in the world to do.( Like just look at how easily he gets me, understands me for who I am , without being all judgy about it). I mean the conversation that we had last night were indeed amazing(just like all the conversations we’v had till now) and by the end off it all, my respect for Him continued to rise like mount folds for the person he is within as well, like you know not just because he is one of my inspirations, or Anjali’s brother but its like the more we are talking , I find myself coming face to face with a man who is like so very genuinely - understanding, compassionate, grounded, friendly, sincere…I mean guys I could go on with a list here, but in short I can also probably just sum it all up into Two Words.

1.Amazing.

And.

2. Awesome.

Like I think it’s fair enough to state the fact that the more I am getting to know him while I am tuned into Channel 3, I find myself coming face to face with a Man, who = ( Awesome + Amazing) * 100.

Indeed.

I mean literally, I had a lot of difficulty in digesting and processing the information he had confided in me last night – about Pia cheating on Him. I mean – my first Inner thought was, Whattttttt????? Was she mental or what?? Why would she cheat on a man who’s like so freaking amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like Just Howwwwww is that even Possible??????? And once I heard Skipper Blue out over everything that had happened, and as to how he decided to deal with it calmly and maturely, not sourly at all – kind of spoke volumes of the fact that he truly was a very good man within who didn’t get Fuelled by the Concept of what they rightly call the ‘Male EGO’. Even though he was the one who had been wronged, he did what he had to, took a step out of the relationship and parted his ways gracefully – never speaking any ill about Pia in public/media ever. And I think that seeing a man , Letting go with Grace and not taking it all to the Ego or display bitterness publicly over the same(especially when he is in the position to do so), is kind of like a very rare sighting, indeed.

So yeah – basically I also told myself this as I reached back the Hotel – that the return of the Yo – Yo could also be because of the ways in which I’v always deeply respected him professionally and now because I am starting to experience that similar level of respect while I am getting to know him in the ‘friendship’ space, as well, plus the fact that I have also never met anyone like him. Like that’s a fact for Real, I truly have never met a man(who isn’t in my immediate family), and is as amazing + awesome + sorted + straight forward as Skipper Blue is.

And as I slept last night, I told myself in my Head – that, all of the above was exactly what the Return of the Yo- Yo World Cup was About, and it would all settle down in the pit of my stomach by the time I woke up in the morning.

And well I was right about that well, but only for a while. Because the minute I received Skipper Blue’s – Goodmorning Khushi - text and we chatted for a little bit before I went for breakfast and his last text stated – Have a good breakfast and gym+ training time Khushi and then please Come soon ok?. I Can’t wait to see You...the Yo- Yo definitely forgot all about the state of equilibrium it was in and went about with its operations in the pit of my stomach almost instantly. And as if that wasn’t enough – it’s freaking increased in its Swaying speed so much so all day , every freaking time my eyes have locked with Skipper Blue’s , that it kind of led me to wonder that what if somethings really wrong with my eyes in the first place???

Somethings Totally Wrong With Them – For Real.

Like For Real – Guys.

Real.

Real.

Freaking Real.

Why do my eyes feel like declaring Skipper’s Blues eyes as this intriguing holiday destination, every time it locks with his. Why do I feel like there’s something about the way, he’s been stealing glances at me all day, and making sure that our eyes lock at every defaulted opportunity, in a way that is so subtle but still very obvious to just the two of us.( You know since we’v been chilling out with everyone and I was obviously totally tuned into Channel 2, in front of our siblings)

On that Note ,since after Noon, I took a cab to catch up with everyone ,(everyone as in Anjali + Akash + Bhai + Skipper Blue) to this point which was a little on the outskirts of Nottingham, and then I joined them in the car , and we all drove to this amazing old town of Grantham which was just like a 45 minutes drive from Nottingham, for a Trip. Anjali had obviously planned this day trip since Grantham is a very small old town and since we were still on Thursday, it wasn’t going to be very crowded as well. And she was right about that actually, because we had all the privacy we needed as we explored around the amazing little town in a group, pretty much just on foot.(We had finished with an early lunch first, the minute we reached Grantham, in this small cozy old manor like restaurant which specialised in local cuisine). And after lunch ,we all just walked around the old town , exploring the heritage of it and basking in the lovely ambience of the countryside feel of it too until late evening, (we kept ourselves away from the city center) and we all got in car around 730 Pm to make our way back to Nottingham, and we reached the Hotel about 830 PM, and ever since then we’v been chilling /chatting and relaxing in Akash’s room as usual, followed by Dinner, that we all ordered In. I am very Happy to report the fact that bhai has got off on a real good Note with Skipper Blue and Akash for real. It does warm my heart to see him all relaxed around them both.

On that Note, Akash is pretty cool too you know guys, do you know he’s dating Rohan’s Sir younger sister Payal, and Ravi the ace bowler from the Men in blue team is dating Skipper Blue cousin, Noor as well. Skipper Blue and Akash talked about it to bhai and me over lunch and then Also told us how they are also quite close to both Rohan and Ravi because of this personal context in the picture as well.( Also at this point Skipper Blue had texted me as well that he’d wanted to tell me this the other day as well, as to how he was very close to almost all the men in blue players from my inspirational list and would love to have them all meet me one day and I was honest in telling him that, it was Great that he had an amazing equation with them all personally, but I would never want to take the advantage of the fact that he knew them all well. I would obviously love to meet them all one day, but for the first time, preferably in a professional setting with my entire squad next to me. And immediately after this exchange of text – he had smiled at me from across the table gesturing through his eyes that he understood, and our eyes locked briefly for a minute as we continued to eat our meals, and listened to everyone chatter around us…and once again it took me minutes to distract my eyes from his Gaze, at that point.) Please Note – that even the memory of this one moment has Resulted in the Yo – Yo operations again.

I open my eyes in flash now and look at my very own reflection in the mirror and I state to my eyes, by narrowing them so that I can see that in my reflection in the mirror, they are obviously aware that they are going to be reprimanded now – “ ok then listen up dearest eyes…I love you…you know that I do…you freaking help me target my aim on the ball so very well…so you obviously know that you are kind off like indispensable and I most definitely cannot shut you up in banishment like I punished the culprit shoes …so here’s the deal…consider this as a offer of truce from my end…how about you please go back into the Usual Standard Operating System that you’v been working with like forever…for there’s absolutely no need for you to go about downloading different random applications/software’s from either Itunes/Playstore , which have like tendencies to make some kind off an virus, infiltrate its way in and malfunction your usual software’s…because there’s surely a virus in there that’s kind of triggering the Return of the Yo- Yo World Cup, in the pit of my Stomach.Let me remind you dearest Eyes…that the eye’s that you feel like declaring as this intriguing holiday destination that you want to go for a vacation on…belong to Skipper Blue…ok?????? He’s just being friendly and polite to you because we are friends and I am also bhai’s little sister ok?? there’s absolutely no need for you to overthink into this, and put in your energies in analysing the Unsaid…”

I feel my eyes defend themselves back to me as a flash of one of my eye locks over dinner with Skipper Blue – flashes through my Head. Dude, why are we being reprimanded right Now?? It isn’t our fault. Skipper Blue’s eyes just happened to be right across from us on numerous occasions today. Can’t help it. The eyelocks happened by default.And cmon K, his eyes are very enigmatic you know. We were just trying to figure out why is he looking our way again, so very often today??its been so freaking obvious...to us atleast... Don’t lie to us, we know you’v noticed.

I narrow my eyes even more as I say to my reflection by keeping a hand on my waist - “ oh yea…what kind of logic is that??? you were looking into his eyes to figure out what the enigma in them is about?? Are you like what? some detective or Sherlock Holmes or what?? look eyes, theres absolutely no need to go on a mystery mission right now ok?? you’v been freaking embarrassing me by looking into his eyes all day, like its been taking you minutes before you can actually look away, its like my Brains had to put the Nerve guiding its way to you on forceful shut down to get about the same…like whats up with that??? his eyes are no swimming pools that you want to dive in and just chill ok???so lets cut this out please??”

I hear my eyes state back to me. Well now that you put it that way…lets first state that His eyes kind off don’t equal the swimming pools. Atleast get your comparisons right K. They’v got the freaking depth of all of the Seas+ Oceans combined, and to be honest just the way his eyes looks into us, makes us want to scuba dive into them, with a long lasting oxygen tank at our back because there’s surely some hidden treasure in those gorgeously captivating and enigmatic orbs.

I groan to my reflection as I state in a matter of factly tone to my eyes again – “ yeah right…if not the mystery mission, now your on some crazy treasure hunt…how do I deal with you ya…ok listen…hears the deal…Skipper Blue leaves here tomorrow, and then he’s obviously not going to have any time to be in touch even ok?? like even on text or chats etc, because he is a busy man…he Captains the Indian Men’s Cricket Team ok??? you don’t even know when you are going to see him again ok?? As in it’s going to be a while until a meeting by mandate happens because of bhai and Anjali.. and I think the minute he leaves, you will be put back into your Usual software position, you do need to kickstart that AntiVirus software you’v got tucked in your hard disk ok??look…i am about to walk out of here, since I have been in the washroom for last ten minutes…im going to expect you to cooperate a little bit with me in here ok? how about this…lets try to avoid any eye locks with Skipper Blue, like atleast until we are tuned into Channel 2?? Help me please…I need to get a grip on the freaking Yo – Yo, you’v been triggering in the pit of my stomach…”

I hear my eyes State back. Hmmm…ok then…if you say so..we’ll Try our Best.We love you K. We are with you ok? Sorry for the trouble.

I grin to my reflection now – Apology Accepted, dearest Eyes.

I step out the washroom now, feeling all relaxed, and I walk up to the suite seating where everyone is seated and I catch on everyone finishing up with dessert and I see Skipper Blue look up at me immediately and he asks with a polite friendly smile.(the one that we give to each other while tuned into Channel 2) – “ khushi…are you sure you want to miss on dessert today as well??”

I smile as I state – “ oh yes ASR.. its game tomorrow…ill probably have a portion of dessert after the game…”

Anjali grins as she gestures me to come sit next to her, in between off bhai and her and she states – “ and I am so excited…Rahul and me are obviously coming to watch you play…”

Bhai laces his hand around my shoulder lovingly – “ Junior..we truly are so very excited, even our friends who came along with us to the game the other day, are coming along…they can’t get over how good a game it was..and specially your Sixes as well..”,and he looks at Akash and Skipper Blue and he states proudly – “ knew she had the ability to fire up, ever since she could hold the bat…well to be honest, I could never hit a six as good as my Junior ever… on that note Junior, could I ever even hit a decent Four?when we used to play??”

I chuckle on reflex as I state to Akash and Skipper Blue, rolling my eyes at bhai mischeviously, hugging him from the side – “ ok bhai, you brought this up, I didn’t…and yup….on that, I don’t think you ever hit a decent four, it would always fall short the line that we would assume to be the boundary…”

We all share a warm laugh now and my eyes fall on Skipper Blue’s by default, since he is literally right across from me gazing at me grinning and just as our eyes are about to lock, I quickly look away, and turn my attention to Akash as he states grinning – “ Khushi.. please know that I am surely going to keep a tap on all of your games too from now…all the best to you for the game tomorrow…so sorry we are scheduled to leave on the day of your game…but because of bhai’s schedule , we most definitely have to be back in Delhi by tomorrow night…”

I shoot Akash a polite smile as I state sincerely – “ ofcourse, I understand, Akash don’t worry about it at all, and thank you for saying that you’ll keep a tap on the game…you are so very kool…and Austraila is coming in to tour soon right, so I obviously know that ASR has to return to the pitch duties ya…”

I look at Skipper Blue and give him a polite smile, and I do not let my eyes lock with his again, and before I turn my attention to Bhai, I think I did spot a flash of puzzlement go through his eyes as he looked at me.

Thank you Eyes – for the Co-operation.

I think he’s puzzled as to why you haven’t met his gaze on these last two Occasions.

Right then I hear the bell on the door, and I think it’s the Room service people, we called them in for clearance, and I immediately get up from my seat now and I state to everyone with a grin – “ they must have come for clearance…ill just get the door…”

And while I am on the way to the door, I feel my phone vibrate in the back pocket of my denims.

I pick it out immediately, and I see a text from Skipper Blue on Whatsapp.

Ok, maybe I should put my phone on Silent Now.

I quickly do that before I open the ChatBox, as I simultaneously open the door out for the Staff.

Him : whats wrong Khushi?

I greet the staff politely and gesture them to get on in for the clearance, and I lean against the wall and I quickly reply, taking a deep breathe.

Me : huh?? Nothings wrong with me Skipper Blue ya…I mean why would you think there is?

Him : maybe because you won’t you look at me??

Oops. Guys, he figured it out. I am obviously going to try my best to Evade this.

Me : huh?? Skipper Blue…I was obviously looking at you, you were like right across from me.

Him : yes to that…but what I mean is that, you literally looked away before I could hold your gaze on two occasions just now.Why?

Freak Guys. What does his Text Mean? Like what does his – I could hold your Gaze bit mean? I hear my eyes Tell me -See we told you, he wants to look into Us, we aren’t the one’s at fault you know.

Yo-Yo Status Report – ON.

Its not the fault of my Eyes this Time.

Which part of me do I reprimand for this?

Ohhh Godddd – what kind of Virus is this Ya!!!!!!!!

I take a deep breathe and wade my through the Yo- Yo Maze as in reply.

Me : Ok…oh really?? Did i?? it wasn’t on purpose Skipper Blue. Must have happened by default you know since the setting in my head is on Channel 2 right now…

Him : oh ok..if you say so Khushi. On that note…the remote of the Tv settings has been on Channel 2 since after Noon. I Can’t wait for it to switch to Channel 3. Now that everyone’s finished up, I think Rahul and Anjali will leave soon, they’ll obviously drop you on the way like they do. I will wait for you on the Trent Bridge spot as usual?ok??i do want to spend some time with just You, before I leave.

Holy Hell.

I swear to God - I feel my Intestines Knot up, as I read that.

What the freaking Hell is up with Me???????????????????????????

Oh wait.

I know what He Means.

He wants to wish like a Nice Goodbye to me in person.

Right then I spot the hotel Staff leave the room after clearance, and I hear my brother’s voice call out to me – “ Junior…why r u still at the door, you know you didn’t need to wait for the Staff to leave…they could have closed the door themselves …come here…quick…”

I quickly reply : ill come to the Usual spot the minute they drop me off Skipper Blue, ok now no more texting because im walking back to sit in between of bhai and Anjali. Attention back to Channel 2 please SB.

Him : haha…ok Khushi. Back to Channel 2..for Now.

I smile to myself, as I dish back my phone in my denims back pocket and make my way back to join everyone, and just as I take on my seat in between of bhai and Anjali, I see Skipper Blue bite back his grin as he begins to sip his water, and right then I hear Akash say to them – “ ok guys, I know you all usually leave at around this time, but we are leaving tomorrow…how about we just chill a little bit more…cmon Anj…Rahul , atleast until a little over Midnight…you both only have class at 11am tomorrow anyway right??and khushi, it won’t be a problem for your right????”

I spot Skipper Blue freeze a little in his frame, as he continues to gulp down the water. I have no idea how could I read his Body Language so easily though.

Before I can say anything to that Anjali says excited – “ well akash, I was just discussing the same with Rahul, we are obviously going to chill on until a little later today ya…its going to be a while until we all can catch up again…”,and she looks at me now and states grinning – “ Khushi, it shouldn’t be a problem for you right?? please call Jess, about the change in plan…”

Bhai pulls me to his side lovingly as he says – “ yes junior, call Jess, she will tell your captain who I know is very protective of you anyway since you are the youngest in the squad…and ask her to convey the fact that we will be dropping you on the way back all safe anyway…”

I look at bhai and Anjali from side to side as I state – “ no Akash, this isn’t a problem for me at all, I anyway only sleep after Midnight mostly…and yes ofcourse bhai, anjali, ill just call Jess and tell her that you will drop me back later…one minute..”,and I shoot Skipper Blue a nervous look for he’s still kind of sipping on his water and I hear Akash ask him – “ bhai…you aren’t very tired are you?? as in we do have to leave at 5am…but I know you are done with all the packing and stuff in the morning itself…I mean we can catch up on the sleep in transit time right??”

Skipper Blue finishes up his glass of water now and looks at Akash and smiles – “ no I am definitely not tired Akash, sure we can catch up on the sleep in transit time..”

I say to everyone – “ ok ill be back..ill just make that quick call to Jess then..”

Bhai nods – “ yes Junior..do that…”

I make my way from the suite side to the room side as I Call Jess and inform her about the same, that ill just be chilling with everyone for some more time and I hear her tease me a little over the fact that – ill be with everyone means that I wouldn’t get to catch up with Mr Stranger today, and I just ask her to not start with that right now and tell her that ill see her once I am back and I hang Up.

Just as I do, I see a Text message from Skipper Blue awaiting to be read on Whatsapp.

I obviously open the Chatbox immediately.

Him : Ok. Now that’s a freaking Yorker that I really don’t like Khushi. I mean I obviously get to see you, but this just means that you are going to stay tuned into Channel 2.And I know you wont be comfortable in stepping out after Midnight.

Me : I am sorry Skipper Blue, the situation was such that I couldn’t say No right? You understand, don’t you??

Him : yes ofcourse Khushi I understand, but I do need to see you for one on one before I Leave here. Let me think of something.

I quickly reply.

Me : Ohoo…Skipper Blue…don’t worry about it at all ok?? I mean I know you want to say like a nice goodbye to me in person and stuff, and well to be honest…You know what I also wanted to meet you just one on one before you leave, so that I could tell you bye in person and tell you how amazing it was to get to know you in these last couple of days, and get to be friends with You… But looks like we won’t be able to catch up one on one today then… so yea…ill just have to say it to you on text then..

My phone beeps almost immediately.

Him : why do you have to sound like you are already bidding Goodbye Khushi? And who said I want to meet you in person so that I could bid you a nice goodbye??

Ok. Everyone. My Intestines Knot. Yo – Yo, On in Full Speed.

Me : ??????????????

Him : and what does your ?????????? Mean.Please explain Khushi.

I quickly type.

Me : it means that I am wondering that - isn’t that ( saying Goodbye nicely) the reason..why you want to meet me on one on one,before you leave here...Skipper Blue??

Him : How about I tell you about why I want to meet you on.. one on one before I leave..when I actually meet You Khushi.And dont worry I won’t ask you to step outside..I will figure something out ok..keeping up with the complete secrecy bit as you want???that works??

Flip.

Flop.

Flip.

Yo – Yo – Yo - Yo

Oooh God.Somebody save Me from this Yo- Yo Marathon!!!

I quickly Reply

Me : umm okkk Skipper Blue.

Right then I see Anjali in the doorway and she asks grinning walking upto me – “ all ok Khushi??? You spoke to jess??

I nod at her with a smile – “ yes Anjali..I just did..was just on text with her only..”. I quickly type into my phone to SB. Me : Channel 2

I get a quick reply.

Him : Channel 2 it is.

I dish back my phone in my back pocket now and I grin at Anjali as She catches on my forearm lovingly and states – “ ok...come on Khushi...let’s go...”

I smile at her and we make our way back to Join everyone, and even though my insides are all caught up in the Yo- Yo Maze Again...I sit back in between of Bhai and Anjali as I hear Akash and Skipper Blue strike up another conversation with Bhai and Anjali and I ask my head to shift all of its Focus back to Channel 2 for Now.

I will figure out a way of dealing with this Yo-Yo after.

AFTER WHEN????

After Skipper Blue Left.

130 AM

Holiday Inn ( Khushi's Hotel) – Nottingham

ARNAV'S POV

Hello Guys.

I’ll get into a little Onee on one with you all in a minute.

First, I gotta text Khushi.

For I have reached the parking lot off her Hotel.

Me : Khushi ...I have reached the parking lot of your Hotel. Heading up to the open Terrace on the top floor Now...see you in five minutes then??

My phone beeps.

Her : yes...see you in five minutes Skipper Blue..Jess is all dozed off to sleep..but I was thinking what if we meet in the parking lot that’s in the courtyard at the backside of the Hotel. I mean there are still chances that someone might spot you in the Hotel..will that be ok?? I do think there will be only cars in the backside parking lot at point in the night..I mean in the front one..there might be some hustle bustle around still. Is that ok for you? Please dont mind...I’m just too nervous over you coming into the Hotel ya Skipper Blue..I still cant beleive you decided to come all the way here in the first place..

I grin to myself as I read that.

Me : no worries at all Khushi...and I told you that I wasnt going to leave until I had a one on one with you for a bit right??? Anyways.. .I’ll make my way to the backside courtyard and wait for you in the parking Lot.K?

Her : okies Skipper Blue.Give me just a couple of Minutes.

Me : ok...Come soon Khushi.

I make my way to the Hotel's backside courtyard from the outward passage and reach the space that they have sectioned out as a parking lot for the Hotel's Guests.

Ok so the good thing is that it is absolutely Deserted as in there are no humans around...just Cars. I walk to the far end where I see these Two Huge SUV's ..one black..one white and i duck myself in between the two cars and sit down on the ground and lean against the backdoor of the black SUV and readjust my Hoodie over my Head.

OK guys...so until Khushi comes, I do have a couple of minutes of One on One with You all.

So..first thing out I do have to state that I kind off do feel very weird Sitting all ducked and hidden on the ground using Two Freaking SUV's as cover – in a freaking deserted parking Lot at this time of the night...as in at 130AM. But Weird in a good way because it’s kind off Fun too for I have literally never done anything like this before...for anyone...( you know like gone out of my way to make an effort to see someone).

But.

I just HAD to.

I couldnt obviously leave here...without seeing Khushi.

Ok technically, I have been seeing Khushi in front off me all day long...and as much as my eyes were enjoying basking in the sight of her around me all day...she was still kind off Tuned into the Pretend Mode of Channel 2 right?? So it was Different.

It was kind off very important for me to see her atleast for a couple if minutes if not an hour before I left.

Why?

Because I want to tell her Face to Face, that : This is Not Goodbye.( I obviously know that’s what she thinks this is about because of the way she texted me,actually honestly I had a hunch about the same from a little before already too)

Well...so, Rahul and Anjali left with Khushi around 1220 am, and I obviously got on text with Khushi almost immediately that I was thinking of coming to her Hotel to see her since I knew she wouldnt be comfortable stepping out after Midnight..and we could meet at the Terrace of her Hotel. Khushi was obviously nervous about the same as she stated in her text adorably : what????? You coming here???? Ohh...ok...but...Skipper blue...I obviously cant get out of my room until Jess Sleeps..which I think should be in 45 minutes from now..like even if I tell her I want to go to the terrace for some fresh air..she will say...Khushi...I’ll come with you..ya..where will you go alone at this time..so I definetly need for her to sleep first...

I had obviously replied that I will come in aaround 130 Am then and in the meanwhile after Akash had retired, I had just used up the time to finish up with my little bit of the final winding up that I had left for the end...and then made my way here.

And well here I am now sitting in this deserted parking lot ducked in between two SUVs awaiting the arrival of Ms.Cluelessly captivating Cinderella. I am pretty sure.. that I am coming across as a potential car thief!

Haha.

But.Ones Gotta do what Ones gotta Do..right?

I mean cmon guys...just some time alone with Khushi right now would be like the perfect way to end this amazing Holiday.

My phone beeps in my hand.

Its Khushi ofcourse.

Her : Skipper Blue...I am here..but i cant Spot You.

I chuckle to myself as I write out something to her that she had worded out to me when she was sitting on top of the branch of the tree.

Me : yup...that’s because you are not looking in the right place Khushi.

Her : huh??

Me : come to the far end...where you see these Two SUVs one black and one white right next to one another..I am sitting ducked in between the two.

Her : Youuuu what??? God...I’m so sorry ya Skipper Blue...the terrace would have been better perhaps??

Me : dont worry about it Khushi..

Her : ok...I am walking to you now..a minute.. I spot the SUV's.

I chuckle on reflex as I imagine a sight off her making her way down here..all Nervous.

About 45 seconds later, I look up sideways to see Khushi standing right there in between the two SUVs smiling down at me sheepishly and she now ducks down herself and sits in front off me and leans against the back door of the White SUV and we both bite back on our grin for a second and then burst out into a crazy laughter.,looking at each other dressed once again in similar attire literally..black trackpants plus black sweatshirt with a Hoodie and the Hoods on both of our Heads.

A couple of minutes later as We pause on our laughter, Khushi holds her stomach as she says grinning – “ Skipper Blue....you do know that the two of us look like ..partners in crime..like two thieves that are amidst a meeting planning out the robbery of these two cars...”

And we burst out into a laughter again as I admit – “ well I was pretty sure that I was coming across as a potential car thief Khushi...I was just thinking that in my head while I was waiting for you...”

Our Eyes Lock by default Now.

And to my dismay, Khushi looks way, and she starts to play with the sides of her Hoodie nervously.

Ok everyone...I am pretty sure,shes not met my gaze on purpose.Somethings been up with her since after dinner time...she was fine all day..infact I was having the FREAKING time off my life..just enjoying the silent eye locks with her every couple of minutes all throughout the day..even though we were around everyone. Everyone was oblivious to it..because that’s how subtle they were...but yes pretty obvious to us both.

I ask jumping straight to the point – “ ok...see there you go...you looked away again...on purpose...what’s wrong Khushi? Why wont you look at me??

Khushi looks up at me now and smiles nervously as she states with a mischevious roll of her eyes – “ okkk..that was not on purpose Skipper Blue...I was adjusting the remote settings to Channel 3 actually...you know since they’ve been tuned into Channel 2 all day....it was such a good day no..”

I nod as I admit with a grin – “ yes indeed it was...”

Khushi – “ ok so Skipper blue.. what was it that you wanted to say this is about?? As in the one on one..right now.. before you left..”. Theres an obvious tinch of nervousness in her tone right now.

I grin as I admit – “ ok so first thing out...I obviously wanted to wish you all the best for the game tomorrow...like when it’s just you and me...and I wanted to tell you that I will obviously also be keeping a tap on the game as well...” and she grins at me happily as she states - “ you are like amazing Skipper Blue..that from you, obviously motivates me a lot more…”, and I smile back at her and then I gesture her with the movement of my wrist now – “im glad to hear that Khushi… and I also wish you the very best for the cover drives tomorrow Khushi..try to take on the bowler you think whose pace and length you can predict while they are setting out to bowl...alright?? Like that’s what I do..when I am playing out a new shot that iv just got a hang off in the nets, and I am playing it out in the games...I try it out..when I am confident off taking on the bowler in front off me...”

Khushi grins excited as she states – “ ohhkk yes…that sounds like a real good strategy..thank you so very much for that wonderful tip ya Skipper Blue...”

I grin – “ and you are most welcome Khushi...and I’ll also text you a couple more tips on how to take on the leg spinners if they come in the first couple of overs...before your game starts..I would have landed in delhi by then...you know because of the time difference of India being ahead...”

Khushi's eyes widen in surprise now as she asks in a dazed voice – “ wait...what???you will text me some more tips right before the game???”

I look at her sincerely making sure my eyes lock with hers and I say – “ I dare you for the love of your 22 yards...you wont look away from me..when I talk this out with you...”

Khushi gulps down her nervousness that has consumed her eyes now as she keeps them locked with mine and she asks softly – “ why do you have to dare me for the love of my 22 yards right now ya Skipper Blue...”

Just the Light from around the Street Lamps in this parking lot is falling around in, on around us, and just the dim yellow glow from the side is kind of highlighting her face in front off me right now. And I find myself fighting the Urge to Just Cup her face and pull her in for a Deep Kiss Again. 

God – this is Freaking Difficult right Now. For all I freaking want to do is just Consume her Lips with mine just now and not Let go. I swear to the Gods above.. If it were up to me in this moment off time..I’d devour her Lips with mine and kiss her deep, over and over again until it was 5am and the time on the clock told me that it was time for me to get into the Car and leave for Heathrow, London.

But I know, I Can’t Kiss Her Just Yet.

I gotta Build up to it, and let her in on hints slowly and steadily, before I finally get around to confessing it out to her, that I want to be with her.

That I want her to Add – another Channel into the Guide.

And I also want her to feel something for me atleast when I kiss her for the first time. And right now, I don’t think Her Heads even figured out the possibility of the Scenario I am already Conjuring up in my Head.

I take a deep breathe as I pull my head back from the Trip it had gone too ,because I realise shes looking at me with puzzled,nervously widened eyes awaiting my answer, all the while keeping her eyes still locked with mine. I am so very glad that she hasn’t looked away. There’s something about the way her innocently bewitching expressive eyes have the power to stun me into a Daze as well. Its been that way ever since I first met her. I admit with a grin now– “ thats because it works…see you didn’t look away..and know what?this I dare you for the love of your 22 yards is kind off like my trump card Khushi…”

Khushi chuckles now as she asks amused – “ really?? Trump card?? That’s a smart strategy again…Skipper Blue..”

I say now softly, happy, and content with the fact that she’s still keeping her gaze locked with mine – “so..the real reason as to why I wanted to meet you on just one on one before I leave here, because I wanted to tell you in person, that this is not Goodbye…”

Khushi’s eyes widen in puzzlement as she asks in a dazed surprise – “ this is not Goodbye??”

I ask sincerly – “did you really think that once I would leave here, I wouldn’t have the time to stay in touch and that’s why I wanted to meet you in person and bid you a nice goodbye???”

Khushi nods her head as she says softly – “ yes…I ..i…”

My gaze continues to hold her nervous one and I say sincerely – “ Khushi…trust me on this..never have I ever connected with anyone, in the ways I feel connected with you, I like to talk to you, hang out with you, you get me for who I am, you even understand my unsaid…and I want to be in touch with you, on a regular basis…like on text, chat, and on video calls too that is whenever you are comfortable for the same ofcourse…”

Khushi’s eyes widen in a dazed surprise as she voices back half my words to me – “ you want to be in touch with me on a regular basis???”

I admit sincerely – “ yes…I want to, and trust me, I am hoping for real right now that you want to stay in touch with me too…”,and because she’s looking at me in dazed surprise still her eyes all widened I ask softly – “ you ok???”

Khushi nods her head in adorable chain of five – six unbelievable nods as if she couldn’t believe what she was hearing and she states softly now – “ yes…yes..i am ok…Skipper Blue..”

I state sincerly, my gaze searching hers intently – “ and just so you know, I do not want to stay in touch with you only because I know youv looked up at me as your inspiration for a long time or because you are Rahul’s sister…I want to stay in touch with you not because off Channel 1 or 2, but because of Channel 3 – this is about you and me, and the various ways in which we connect Khushi…”

Khushi voices back in a continued dazed surprise as she states, keeping her eyes locked with mine – “ this is about you and me, and Channel 3, not about channel 1 or 2…”

I admit sincerely, holding her gaze intently – “ yup…its not about Channel 1 or 2 at all those channels just come in by default ok? I want to stay in touch with for reasons that are backed by the Exclusivity of Channel 3 and App 2122…where in you look at me as the Mr Stranger you connect with as well…”

Khushi smiles nervously as she states softly – “ well…to be honest…I do like to talk to you too Skipper Blue…as in..like I do like to hang out with you as well…you know like one on one…while I am tuned into Channel 3..so yeahh…I guess…id like to be in touch with you too…”

My Insides Grin.

I ask raising my eyebrow at her – “ You guess…??”

Khushi chuckles nervously as she states with a mischievous roll of her eye – “ oho..dont you take my case again ya Skipper Blue…I mean…I want to stay in touch with you too on a regular basis , since we are like great friends in the making…for real…”

Ok Guys. I am Happy with That for Now.

I state honestly – “ thank you so much Khushi… ok so…im leaving tomorrow, but nothing changes ok? we text and chat as usual as we do??”

Khushi nods – “ Ok Skipper Blue..”

I say sincerely – “ and well I am obviously aware of the time difference in between india and Uk, so we’ll wade our way around that for a bit, until you return to india…I mean yes ill be out of Delhi for the Austraila tour by the time you come back…but hey we will atleast be in the same time zone right?? So we most definetly will be able to be in touch easily…”

Khushi nods sincerely too – “ Yes Skipper Blue, we will be in the same time zone as in , in India for the next couple of months until after the IPL finishes for you… “

I admit sincerely now, still keeping her gaze locked with mine – “ I am kind off bummed we didn’t get to hang out at our spot today…you know the spot around the trent bridge…I don’t think I can call it just my spot anymore…you know since that’s where we’v been catching up all this while…only fair to think off it as Our spot..and to be honest…technically its just been days since I first met you..but it doesn’t feel like that…I feel like I have known you for a long time Khushi…and I know you still want to refer to me as Mr Stranger…but I just want you to know that you are no Stranger to me Khushi and I hope I am not a stranger to you too…”

Khushi smiles nervously as she states looking away from my eyes and looking down on her hands that shes started to fidget with in her lap – “ well…ofcourse you aren’t Skipper Blue…as in iv just your number that way in my phone…but no…you are not a stranger to me as well…I agree with you on one more thing…it doesn’t feel like I met you just a while ago too…does feel like iv known you longer too…”

I ask softly – “ then why won’t you say that to me by looking into my eyes…Khushi?? Should I pull out the trump card again??”

Khushi looks up instantly now and our eyes lock by default and she states sincerely – “ no…I mean..no need for the trump card ya Skipper Blue…ummm let me see how I can put this to you..ummm..so..see…I was nervous I guess…I mean…I looked away because I was nervous…”,and right then the alarm on her phone buzzes out breaking our eyelock and she snoozes it instantly and I chuckle again as I ask – “ ok…why was the alarm on now Khushi??”

Khushi chuckles as she states – “ I put an alarm for 2 am ok Skipper Blue?? I mean I know you have to leave at 5 am…so you should get some rest atleast before you head back…and also…I don’t want to risk Jess stirring up in her sleep and not finding me in the room so yea…ill get going now Skipper Blue…you have a safe journey back home ok??”

God.

I want to Kiss Her.

Why do we have to Leave??

But I know we have to…also because shes got a Game Tomorrow.

I admit honestly – “ yes and I want you to get sleep as well Khushi, since you have the Game Tomorrow..thank you for coming to see me right now Khushi…”

Khushi nods – “ oh cmon ya Skipper Blue…it was kind off fun to feel and look like a potential car thief..like for real…”

We both share a warm laugh now and start to get up at the same time, and because of the way we were both ducked in between the Two SUV’s , our heads end up banging into one another and we both let out a “oww”, as we kind off trip back on reflex too and my hands act on their own accord as one of them wraps themselves around Khushi’s waist snugly to steady her within the circle of my arms and the other hand makes its way up to her spot on her head over her hoodie (the spot that bumped in with my head) and I rub on it gently too on as I ask, my eyes locking with her surprised dazed ones again – “ you ok???”

Khushi nods dazed, and I am content with the fact that shes kind off frozen into a statue within the circle of my arms again, with her eyes locked with mine again, and one of her hands had gripped my arm on reflex too just as I had steadied her. One of my hands that was on her head, makes its way down and cups her right cheek tenderly,and the other hand that was around her waist tightens on its own accord as well, and I rub my thumb on her cheek slowly for a bit now – as I continue to look into her Eyes – completely Smitten, Bewitched and all of Bedazzled too , all over Again.

I have no clue how many minutes have passed but I think quite a bit of them, as I continue to hold on to a frozen statued her within the Circle of my arms, and we continue to gaze into each other eyes silently and intently this way, all Frozen into the Moment. I also like the way her cheeks cups perfectly and snugly into my hand.There’s something very Intensely warm about this Moment.

Warm and Fuzzy..and all of Amazing and Nice too.

Can this Freaking Moment Last Forever??

I most definetly Want It too.

For she seems to be all of Bewitched and Bedazzled too, If not by me but by the Moment surely.And as our gaze continues to hold each other’s and stays locked intently, I think I have just spotted something in her eyes that isn’t just Daze/Surprise/Shock right now, and just as I am about to comprehend what her eyes are telling me in this moment off time – her freaking phone rings and breaks away the Hypnosis of the Moment.

Freak Ya Dammit.

I can easily Certify as the Most Disappointed Person on this Entire Planet right Now.

Khushi jumps apart from the circle of my arms immediately as she leans back into the doors of the white SUV by stepping aside and she fumbles with her phone and she looks at me all embarrassed and nervous as she states – “ its jess calling…oh god..i think she’s stirred up in her sleep and hasn’t spotted me in the room, she’d be wondering where I am…one minute Skipper Blue…I gotta take this call and tell her that I went to the terrace for some fresh air..perhaps??”

I nod at her, and I see her pick up the phone and tell Jess exactly the same and I hear her saying into the phone now – “ yes Jess…I was just on the way to the room actually…ill be there in three minutes ya…don’t worry…go back to sleep please…yes Jess I have the room key..ya…ok…ok…fine..two minutes..ok?? yup…bye…”,and she hangs up.

Khushi looks at me nervously and she states – “ okk igotta rush now Skipper Blue…she wont go back to sleep until im back in the room now..she kind off freaked out when she didn’t spot me there…its 215 am now…”

See everyone, I was right in my Guess that many Minutes had passed as we stood Frozen in that Moment.

15 Minutes to Be Precise.

I nod at her now and her eyes reflect a lot of nervousness as she says to me – “ and im so very sorry about the bump with the head Skipper Blue…it just happened..all of a sudden as we both got up at the same time…your heads ok right??”

I admit honestly shooting her a comforting smile – “ yes yes…im ok…don’t worry about it…and please don’t be sorry..”

Please don’t be Sorry for the Moment, I am thanking my Stars for – Khushi.(I add to myself Silently)

But I can spot that shes still part nervous and embarrassed and because I need to see her laugh once before I leave, I say with a grin now – “ I mean you have absolutely nothing to be sorry about Khushi…you know partners in crime, or wait…potential naïve car thieves often bump into each other while they are executing out their first robbery you know.. you know that’s what they show in the movies…thieves are often very clumsy when they are executing out their first planned robbery…”

And as I had expected, Khushi’s nervousness vanishes immediately as we both share a hearty warm laugh now, for a couple of minutes until she finally waves at me grinning – “ yup…you are right about that..potential first timer thieves are definetly clumsy ya…bbye for real now Skipper Blue…”,and she gestures to the back enterance of the hotel with her thumb now – “ I better get going before Jess reaches up the terrace and doesn’t find me there…”

I nod at her grinning and I wave a bye to her – “ bbye for real Khushi..”

And I see her turn around in her steps and she walks up and right then she turns back around after a couple of steps and says to me with a warm sincere smile – “ will you please text me when you reach the hotel Skipper Blue?? I mean I know that obviously you will be all ok walking back on the road all by yourself like duhhhh…but since its really late..will you text me when you reach??”

I grin to myself as I nod at her – “ yes Khushi…I will text you when I reach..ok??”

Khushi nods at me smiling and she waves again – “ okiesss then Skipper Blue..bbye for real like real…real*infinity se…”

I chuckle to that as I say – “ ok…before I say bbye for real* infinity se to you khushi…I want to say something more…it will just take a second..”

I mean guys, I could have said this out to her on text, but I just want to look into her Eyes as I say this.

Khushi nods – “ yes ofcourse…please…what is it..Skipper Blue..”

I admit sincerely - “ I am going to miss hanging out with you…Just You…I hope you will miss hanging out with me too…”

Khushi’s eyes widen even more in surprise + sincere nervousness now(As I expected), and she states adorably – “ umm Skipper Blue..i think ill miss hanging out with you too…”

I raise my eyebrow to her – “ you think??”

Khushi rolls her eyes at me mischeviously now as she states – “ ok…see there you go starting to take on my case again…okk nowwww tata…off I go…ok??”

I grin and nod – “ ok then…so what was that..bbye for real * infinity se..”

Khushi chuckles – “ yup…bbye for real * infinity se…Skipper Blue..”,and she turns around her heel now and strides back into the Hotel.

And I cant stop grinning to myself as I make my way back to my Hotel Now.

I am so very Glad that I came to see her In person to tell her that This was not Goodbye – because the last 45 minutes spent with her, kind of triggered in a gut feeling + add in that little bit off something that I spotted in her eyes towards the end off that Hypnotising Moment, tells me that I have had at least some sort off Impact on her – not just as one of her sport Inspirations/ Anjali’s brother, but because of the person I am otherwise within.

And I think that’s a decent enough first step that I have taken towards my wish off Being the Man of Her Dreams.

Well there was still quite a bit of Distance to That, but id make it there step by step.

I know I had to Go the Distance Here.

……And Go the Freaking Distance - I Most Definitely Would…….

…………………………….

TADAAAAA!!!!!

Let me know what you guys think as always, you all know I love reading your feedback and comments.

Next Update : Ok so, as this Chapter goes Up– its been like 10 Chapters of this One ..back to Back. Hence now there will be a little Pause here for a week /8/9 days to this as I am now switching to give 3-4 back to back Updates of Chaotic Wires 2.0.(and after that I will return to give ¾ back to back updates of this One and then will alternate that way in between the Two)

Thanks guys for all the Love and Support.

Much Love Guys.

Always.

………………………

She is splashing her eyes because she gets a giddy feeling when those eyes see skipper blue.

Its a bye for now, but not for long.