ARSHI FF : HIT WICKET MY HEART 2.0 - EPILOGUE1.0.Pg 44(8/7/2021)*Compl - Page 2

Posted: 3 years ago

chapter 3

Their first meeting and she already captured his attention. Her crazy antics made a place in his heart.

Hellooo everyoneeeeeee

So here I am with the Next Update.

10 k Words.

Will be Eager to know what you all think.

Thank you so much for your amazing feedback uptil now Guys.

Please ignore editing/common repititon of words errors etc – since I have not proofread.

And I shall now let you all dive in without – further Delay.

……………..

CHAPTER 4 – THE ‘FORTUNATE’ STROKE OF SERENDIPITY

Areas Under - THE TRENT BRIDGE, NOTTINGHAM

KHUSHI’S POV

I think I mentioned this, very Recently – more like just this afternoon recently. But Given the Circumstances – it’s like you all most definitely have to excuse me for saying this Out in my Head , Over and Over Again.

Saying what?

Life – Dude- Its Funny How It Works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Indeeeeeeeeeeeeedddddddd.

And Everyone in the Dressing Room – calls me The Charlie Chaplin.Like HA!Charlie Chaplin – Who????

LIFE.

CAN WE GIVE – MY LIFE – The Charlie Chaplin Comic Award Already?

I think we most Definetly Can!!!!!

Sure Shotly!

Like – Hands Down, Sure Shotly.

I MEAN – WHAT JUST HAPPENED??

And

What’s Happening??????????????????

Well, you all already what I am trying to bring into context here. Don’t You?? For you all saw It All – Already.

But I think, its only fair , that I tell you all Honestly that at first in my head, in that moment of time (after my head was relieved over the realisation that he wasn’t some Crazy Creepy Crawly Burglar lurking in the background) – I most definitely was in the process of terming my encounter with Mr Stranger -as the Most Crazy, Strangest, Absurdist, Coincidental Encounter Ever.

I mean for Real. I was thinking to myself, could it get any more Stranger? I even voiced it out to Him. He said I was in His Spot. He said, we were Dressed Similarly .He said, that one of my favourite songs that I had just sung out to myself, was the one he had heard on repeat over and over – on the same Very Spot. And then, he asked me a question about my 22 Yards.

HOW COULD I NOT ANSWER?

And just Like that, as we started to talk, I found myself feeling so much at Ease in what was still perhaps, going to go down as one of the most weirdest moments of my Life. It was so strange that I was able to talk to him, even though I was still embarrassed the hell out of my head and couldn’t look into his Face. It was so strange that I liked the fact that he was being so Understanding over how deeply embarrassed I was with the whole situation around US.It was also so Strange, that as we continued to talk a little more and more and I still had my back to him – the moment kind off started to get Converted into a Strange but a Nicely Bizzare One…on its Own Accord, for Real.

Like so Simply.

So naturally.

So Freaking – Instantly.

Why a Nicely Bizarre One, in my head?Because, I was liking the way he was interested in making conversation about Cricket. I was liking the fact that his tone was so fond and respectful, in context with the Game ,I Loved and Played. I was liking the fact that he was genuinely respectful towards my Profession as a female cricketer. It was in his Voice.

To be honest – I have come across a lot off boys/men, who are so very often conceited ,shallow, snorty ,mocking, condescending and instantly judgemental in their statements, with sarcasm and doubt starting to drip in their tone in the very next breathe, or through their gestures – the minute I tell them that I play cricket professionally. So it was kind of really nice – to talk to a man(who wasn’t a part of my family or family friends circle), whose voice kind off reflected genuine respect and admiration without a trace of doubt or a hint off condescending sarcasm in it– towards the Choice, I had made for my Career, professionally.

I was also liking the fact that he was honest in openly acknowledging the dominant love for patriarchy in our game, stating that he thought it was unfair too since It was the same Game. (a lot off men/boys I have come across don’t even acknowledge this fact you know, that its kind off unfair for Real - they just straight away state things like – oh ofcourse what do you expect…Cricket was/ and is just supposed to be a Gentleman’s Game.).I was liking the fact that he understood that, the gender bias most definitely could be a overwhelming factor for us women players even before I mentioned it. I was liking the fact that he just simply understood when I told him, how I personally or the team try to wade our way around it positively – so that it doesn’t deter out spirit or lessen our love/commitment/passion for our Game. I was also liking the fact that he questioned me about my Domestic teams too(you know since a lot of people also only focus on International). I was also liking the fact that he wanted to know all about my Inspirational Men in Blue List Too.

Basically on the whole - I was just plain out Liking the fact that he was just so Understanding and Respectful about it all. Which was the central Reason – why I continued to stand there in that weird scenario with my back to him and continued to talk to him about it all.I had never felt so so so good whilst talking to someone I had just met, Someone whose face also I hadn’t seen. And I was right on that Thought thinking to myself – that this really is perhaps the most instantly I have felt connected in a conversation with a man who doesn’t belong to my family or family friends circle , when my Life went all Charlie Chaplining around on me – as Mr Stranger finally came around to revealing around his identity to Me.

And Out of All the People in the World He could Be – Mr Stranger could Turn out To be????

Justtttttttt Who did he turn out to be??????????????

ASR………..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skipper ASR/Skipper Blue.

I felt like I had been Hit by a ThunderBolt Indeed.

I was ThunderStruck – For Real.

The Minute I registered in the sight off him in front of me, I obviously froze into a dazed and hazed shock, because I couldn’t believe what I was Seeing. I mean, Just when I was already preparing myself to be getting ready to meet him, in the situation of being the sister of the man, his sister Loved – I met him this WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like in the MOST CRAZILY STRANGEST WAY.

And the minute I stood their Dazed and he continued to look at me in a amused silence too , my first thought was – oh my god, Its Him…Why Life Why?Why was I destined to make a Clown Out off Myself – in front off one of my Biggest Cricketing Inspirations of All Time. My Second thought was instant worry too, because I was so scared that my entire interaction with him from the start as to how I called him a potential burglar until the point where in I just stood with my Back to His face, could have offended him Maybe??.The third thought was – ofcourse he was an amazing sportsperson himself, who always displayed such a huge spirit of sportsmanship, that it’s only natural that he was going to be all respectful towards the Women Cricket as well, because our Seniors have always conveyed to us in the dressing room, how other legendary male seniors,along with Ex- Skipper Dev, Skipper ASR, along with the entire current Men in Blue team have always been very supportive and encouraging towards the development and progress of our Womens Team too.(I am aware that they all had a Meet and Greet with our Respective National ODI /T20 Squads when they reached the semi finals of the World Cup in 2017 and 2018 respectively and were very encouraging and motivational through out the meet). The Fourth thought, that followed this was that may be he was wanting to know all about my Inspirational List from the Men in Blue, because he was probably amused by the fact that he was getting a chance to take my Case/pull my leg – he obviously would have anticipated the shock I would go into when I knew who he was. And the fifth thought that followed the previously embarrassing and overwhelming one was also full of worry again - that oh my god what if I had offended him in anyway unknowingly for real , which most definitely could result in a potential problem for Bhai maybe???

And as it all Sank in for Real and my mind Processed and Took it all In, that it really was Skipper Blue I had been talking to all this while , all off a sudden I felt so Intimidated, and Overwhelmed by the Whole situation, that the only thing I could think off doing first – was to just Walk Away from the Situation and Him.

Hence,I immediately tried to run away out of his reach in silence First.

But when he stopped me and asked me in a tone so surprised and comforting – as to why I was running away from him, I tried to cover up my nervous by just stating to him a part of the reason for real, honestly as I answered, nervewrecked - " I am sorry...as in...I..I.. ....as..in..i didnt anticipate running into you this way ever...ASR...I am sorry..i didnt mean to offend you...as being rude or something as in...oh hell...I called you..a potential crazy creepy crawly burglar too..holy shit ya...I am...so very...sorry Sir....."

And I was very surprised when he asked me to never address him as Sir and to call him Skipper Blue – instead. And then,when he was obviously being so kind in making the effort to make the situation for me less awkward, I most definitely thought that it would be really rude of me now, if I didn’t formally introduce myself to him. And well you all saw how that went didn’t you??

I made even a bigger fool of myself as I just rambled everything that he already had kind of heard from me – all over again in my nervousness. So the next best solution that came to my mind again was – to just leave again. I was afraid off making a bigger mockery of myself around him.

And once again, when he stopped me and asked if we could just talk about our Cricketing Emotions as what we go through as players during the matches we played at the Trent Bridge Cricket Stadium – I was beyond just surprised and Shocked and Dazed.But, I obviously was also intrigued by the context of the conversation he was Suggesting because he truly has been one of my biggest Inspirations and to be able to know what cricketing emotional moments he went through as a player in his earlier days at the iconic Stadium behind us – did really feel like that it was a conversation, I couldn’t turn away from, for Real.

ORRRRRR WAIT.

Maybe – he just wants to talk to me, because he’s just beyond amused by his encounter with the Clown Me?

And - Why do I say this? You Must Wonder?

Because I am still waiting for him to Stop in splits off Laughter and Giggles - right Now.

He burst into a laughter probably over the crazy display of my nervousness and anxiety on my face – around Five Minutes Ago.And well,his laugh was so contagious , that I burst into a sudden nervous laughter too which I kind off was hoping would help me through my nervous ordeal in front off him right now. And it did help me feel a little better, however I kind off stopped in my nervous giggles, about sixty seconds ago, as I finished giving you all a brief glimpse into the insides of my head uptil this point and Iv been waiting for Skipper Blue to stop laughing too since then.

Yeah Yeah – I know you all also probably think that I am also a Mini Charlie Chaplin for real, for I was giving that glimpse too you all while I was amidst my laughter, as the thoughts Rumbled and Jumbled in my Head.

Well in my defense though – I still feel all ThunderStruck – Ed.

Ok.Wait.

When is he going to Stop Laughing?

I am kind off starting to feel Nervously Embarrassed , again.

Apparently, He’s Still clearly very highly Amused by this entire Situation around us – For Real. Or Wait..I guess it’s me ...he is laughing at.Well, I don’t blame Him...just incase if heis. I Did kind off Manage to Pull off a Comical Circus Event in front off Him – for Real.

OH SHOOT.

A THOUGHT RETURNS TO CONSUME MY HEAD.

He will also know tomorrow that I am the sister of the man his sister Loves .

Uff.

God ya….I really don’t know how I landed myself in the middle of this Bizzare Encounter.To top it all, I just realised that I can’t even tell Skipper Blue about this situation with my brother and his sister - because I know that my brother wanted to save that bit as a ice breaker from his end. I know that it was important for him that he got to tell ASR that his sister is a Cricketer too – himself.

Ok.

SO.

This is really Twisted!

Just -How did I land myself into this Soup again?

Yeah Right. Because My Charlie Chaplin Life – decided to have me stationed right in Skipper Blue’s Spot around this Trent Bridge area – when he was on his Way Here!!!!

Oh Maybe, I should just Leave for Now.Its probably for the Best.

He’s also pausing in laugh. I think he’s spotted that the nerve wrecking nervousness and embarrassment is back on my face. I think the best solution would be to just give him a polite smile and a courteous goodbye and leave – this very second.

I immediately Conjure Up a Plausible Excuse in MY Head.

I give him a nervous polite smile now as I state politely, taking a step back – “ Skipper Blue…im sorry…I gotta go…actually..umm…I just realised that I did tell my room mate that I would be back soon…so I will take your leave now..then..ok?...bye…good night to you..”,and I gesture him a nervous bye with my hand, and I turn around in my heel instantly again and start to pace away really fast in the direction I had come from.

But within seconds I feel his hand on my wrist again, stopping me and he says softly – “ Khushi…look...I am sorry…I think I know what this is about, I have offended you haven’t i??? look, I didn’t realise amidst my laughter that me continuing to laugh that way was embarrassing you even more… its just that I was just really enjoying indulging in a laugh freely, please know that I most definitely did not mean to offend you at all…”

His Tone

Its dripping with Sincerity.

I admit softly on reflex – “ well I don’t blame you though for laughing at me, because I did kind off make a fool out of myself in front of you, for real Skipper Blue…”

To my surprise, this time around, instead of jumping up from the side in front of me, like he did the previous two times...he instantly turns me around with a gentle hold on my arm and I instantly look down on my feet but not his face. He says in a genuine sincere tone again – “why would you presume that I was laughing at you Khushi???i most definitely wasn’t…”

I look up at him instantly surprised now,as I ask – “ you weren’t?? as in weren’t you laughing at me???”

Ok.The way he just looked into my eyes right now locking his gaze with mine, instantly makes me very nervous all over again.He shakes his head in a negative as he states with a side grin – “ nope, I wasn’t.Not at you…at just the situation perhaps…but not at you at all…I would like to apologize if it came across as that to you even for a second….”

Ok.

He is just being very kind and polite again.

I nod my head, shooting him another polite smile – “ oh please…no worries at all…please don’t apologize..itll just put me into an awkward spot again…”

He states sincerely – “ofcourse I had to apologize, in case I ended up offending you in some way…and I also don’t want you to be in an awkward spot around me Khushi….so…is my apology accepted? and in case it is…are we still on for our talk??”

His Tone is so Sincere – that it instantly eases my Nerves.

Why did his Sincere Tone have this Affect on Me?

I don’t know.

I just take a deep breathe and I close my eyes for a second, asking my insides to stop going on a nerve wrecking spree for a bit, and seconds later as I feel my jittery insides relax a little, I open my eyes and I nod at him and state honestly – “ cmon ya Skipper Blue…please..you didn’t need to apologize..but if you still want to know the status of the application of that apology...well yes…apology accepted..”

He chuckles immedaitely – “that’s an interesting term you know..I mean..an application of Aplogy...”

I chuckle on reflex too as i state – “ well thank you Skipper Blue…but well just to be clear…like I mentioned that application or apology wasnt really needed and I am not just saying that because you are my inspirational cricketing hero or something.. its true that.. I wasn’t like offended or something…just plain embarrassed ya Skipper Blue…this Entire Situation just turned out to be so freaking Bizzare..it just overwhelmed me I guess and kind off just intimidated me a tad bit little too……I mean..I dont know if you understand...look..I.. I..”,and I pause as I am raking my head so that I can word out a better explanation maybe.

But apparenrly I dont need to give a better explanation for He nods sincerely ,almost immediately – “ ofcourse, I understand khushi…but hey…I just hope you aren’t uncomfortable right now…I nothing definitely don’t want you to be uncomfortable around me..”

Hmmm.

Good Question – Skipper Blue.

So.

Was I Uncomfortable??

No.

I wasn’t.

I was nervous, embarrassed, overwhelmed, and even intimidated through ought our encounter on various angles along the way, but no – I was yet not Uncomfortable.

Strange.Because I should be Perhaps – if I am a bundle of nerves, consumed with embarrassment and overwhelmed twisted intimidation.

But its True – I wasn’t.

And so I admit sincerely too – “ no…I am not uncomfortable Skipper Blue…so like I said…yes I have been all of a bundle of nerves, consumed with embarrassment and overwhelmed twisted intimidation…ever since I have processed the fact...that Mr Stranger is You...but yes...apparently strangely, even amidst all of that, I haven’t been uncomfortable..”

He grins – “and I am so very glad to hear that Khushi..”

Some General Points to be Noted in here Please ( you know like obvious ones, because its like I am Seeing Skipper Blue for the first time in REAL time and not on Screen) .

POINT A -His grin is even Better in Person, than what it looks on TV.

POINT B - He is also even more Rakishly and Ruggedly Handsome in Reality – than what he looks on TV and the Media.

POINT C -.The Enigma around his Aura is kind off every Captivating – in Reality.( like you know when a Aura kinda reaches that borderline in between off Intimidation and Captivation)

I pause in my mental Note List,shooting Skipper Blue another nervous smile,because my Phone Rings.

Its Jess obviously.

I gesture to him that I gotta take this call and he nods and smiles and he says looking at me intently – “ sure...please go ahead...and.. even though you did say that you aren't uncomfortable..please know that I am also hoping that you are comfortable enough to stay here with me for a bit for our talk..…for real Khushi..”

Again His Tone.So very Sincere.

Maybe..I should work my way around all my Nervousness right now???

I Mean,hes been only polite, and kind and considerate around me all this while...now that the context of our conversation before I knew who he was..returns to consume my head. And well...he knew from the very beginning who he was...as in...even when he knew he was probably talking to a relatively new in the Women National Team Cricketer, and the Crazy me would not just look at him in the face – he never went all Like – oh Dont you know who I am? As in there wasnt even a tad bit off Arrogance off Success...or Halo's off Condescending /Patronising Pride – Around his Head or In his Tone/or Gestures then...or even Now.( however please note..Its still going to take me a little bit time to digest the fact that he wants to have a conversation right now with me, for Real...but I am also kind of very happily surprised to discover that he is being so polite and courteous about it like even now , and not being all like...its Me, the Captain of the Indian Cricket Team..you have to talk to me etc etc...hes checking if I am comfortable enough through all the nervous turmoil.

And well on the basis of the above context,its safe to conclude that Skipper Blue is a Grounded Gentleman – indeed.

I think it would be a wise decision to stay for an Intriguing cricketing conversation with the Man who is kind of like a helpful,kind gentleman and along with being One of my greatest inspirations of all time.

Hmmmm.

Ok Done.

Decisions been Made.

Let’s not RUN away and give in to Crazy Nervousness.

Let’s Face This.

I am a Confident Professional Cricketer Too.

So now - I give him a polite nod and a smile and I pick up the phone and I tell Jess that I will be back in a bit, assuring her that I was safe and sound and asked her not to worry too.

Once I am done with the call , he grins and gestures me to walk along side him to sit in the spot on the grass and I nod at him silently and just as we are nearing the Spot ,he refers to as His Spot , I pause in my tracks and I ask softly, looking up at him sincerely- “ Skipper Blue...will it be ok for me to ask you something right now????”

He looks at me, straight into the eyes.Again.And he states sincerely and kindly – “ ofcourse Khushi...please ask me what’s on your mind...without any hesitation or nervousness..ok??”

I ask again – “ pakka se?? Promise me you wont laugh ok??”

He nods with a small grin – “ pakka se...I wont laugh...cmon, go ahead..ask...”

I know that the minute he hears what my minds directed me to say to out to him right now, he will surely brand me as a Charlie Chaplin in his head for Life.But I can't help it, its the best suitable solution to the situation right now so that I dont get all fretty and consumed with nervousness again amidst our conversation. I take a deep breathe as I ask softly – “ will it be ok if we talk with our backs to each other right now???? As in if instead of talking on this spot..I mean this spot which is your spot.....can we sit by that tree trunk and talk umm sooo....I’ll lean with my back against the tree trunk...you can either sit behind me against the opposite side off the tree trunk too or upfront diagonally..I mean this is just a suggestion...or you know more like a request....please don't misunderstand me ok?? As in this isn’t me wanting to be rude...this is me trying to make my way around my head trying to fix the picture off Mr Stranger and Skipper Blue together into one as in Like...that You are Mr Stranger....and also I am asking this because I do not want to risk getting all consumed in nervousness amidst our conversation and make a bigger fool of my self in front off you..like a bigger one than i have already made...perhaps????so if it’s ok with you...I’d like to request you for this tiny mint favour right now..can we have our conversation with our backs to each other right now.....for Real....”

His eyes widen in Amusement and Puzzlement as he looks at me, Processing my Request – Grinning.

And I can only look at him – nervous in anticipation, hoping that he processes the Application off my Crazy Request, by tapping my feet on the ground and fidgeting with the Sides off my Hoodie around my Head.

Arnav ‘s POV

Wait.

Whaaaaaaatttttttttt??????

What did she just say?????

She wants to have the Conversation with her back to Me??????????????

Ok.

This is surely a First.

Never have I ever been asked or Requested – something like This.And well to be honest – I wasn’t expecting her to Ask something like this in the first place.

I am beyond amused and intrigued as I watch her shoot me nervous smiles ,tapping her feet on the ground,and fidgeting with the sides of her Hoodie simultaneously. I am grinning too. I also cant seem to look away from her face right now.Why? Because she's kind off now officially - the Most Cluelessly Charming, Alluring, and Adorably Captivating ,Entrancing and Intriguing girl I have ever met. And just when I think she cant get anymore captivating to my head than she is right now, I see her eyes widen in a nervewrecking anticipation again as she asks softly – “ Skipper Blue....I haven't offended you have I again??? Ohh god...I think i have...perhaps? “,and even before I could answer her she states to herself, in a reprimanding tone. Out Loud. – “Why ya..why can’t i just stop making a fool out of myself in front off you...see that’s why I was leaving on those two times...please know..thats its never been my intention to offend you with my words...I do not mean to be disrespectful..but I guess…ill take your silence as a answer that I have probably done exactly what I hadn’t intended to do…um…. So i guess the status off my crazy application request to you stands Declined...maybe????oh god..look…I am so so so very sorry for being on this Offending Spree ever since we met...please know that Its truly unintentional...Skipper Blue..Truly.. ”

HA.Ha.Ha!

This One is So Innocently Genuine and Sincere in her words. She truly believes that she’s been on an offending Spree towards me ever since we met.

Well.

Was I Offended?????

Nahhhhhhhhhhh.

Ofcourse Not.

Charmed. Smitten. Mesmerized. Fascinated. Bewitched – Perhaps would be better adjectives to describe what I was feeling in my Head right Now.

It’s a pity she wants to take away my opportunity of being able to look into her Mesmerising face,Innocent yet sparkingly bewitching expressive eyes – during our conversation right now.

But you know what? I understand. I understand where she’s coming from. And well her comfort kind of takes the priority seat right now because I most definitely do not want her to try to walk away from me again.

I grin biting back my amusement so that I don’t break into a giggle as I say this to her right now – “ well the application status of your crazy request does not Stand declined Khushi..it most definitely stands accepted...because I understand, I mean I get what you mean and I also want you to know that I am not offended at all..for real...so yes, we can have our conversations with our backs to each other for now....”

Her eyes sparkle with immediate relief as she asks – “ really?????? You understand don’t you??? Thank you so very much for being so considerate Skipper Blue...”

I grin – “ no worries...”,and I gesture her with my hand to ask her if we are good to walk to the tree trunk now and she nods and we walk up to the Tree Trunk. She plonks herself down on the ground and folds her legs in front of herself in a cross and leans her back against the tree trunk, and I sit down too in a similar fashion, leaning my back against the tree trunk, but not right behind her. I have stationed myself In the spot, diagonally in front of her so that I can still turn my to the back from the side and take a look at her side profile, when I want to during out talk. I look back at her sideways in a quick second and I am kind off glad that her Hoodie is slipped back a little, as she’s got her head leaned back into the tree trunk too, which gives me a little glimpse off her side profile, atleast.

I hear her state now in a chuckle – “ well you can laugh you know, Skipper Blue, I did spot you trying to bite back your giggle as we made our way here, its ok…I know…i am quite the Charlie Chaplin sometimes, which I am sure you already have branded me as in you head already.Do you know, everyone in the dressing room also calls me the Charlie Chaplin…”

I chuckle as I lean my head into the tree trunk too and I ask, inquisitive – “really??? Why??

“Because I go about creating a huge comic scene in the dressing room, right before the start off every match…just works as a last minute stress buster to us all ya…”.

I am happy that her tone is more relaxed now.I do not want her to be Tense around me.

I admit honestly - “ofcourse I get you khushi, I mean…the atmosphere in the dressing room right before a match is kind off very crucial to your mindset before you step on the field…”And now because I need to know this , I ask immediately – “ but hey tell me something…are you the one whom they call the Little Hit Girl in the dressing room too???”

Her tone is instantly shocked and surprised as she asks – “what?? what did you just say?? Skipper Blue.. how do you know that they call me the Little Hit Girl????”. Please note – that I can almost imagine a image of her adorable shocked face and her eyes widening up in surprise to the size of the maroon cricketing ball, right now.

It’s a pity I am missing the sight though.

My eyes feel deprived.

I chuckle as I fill her in – “ well I know so because when I last met your Captain, at the BCCI office before we left for the Aus and NZ tour, she did give us a summary of your fixtures lined up and she also said to me and Rohan, you know since he is also the Vice Captain, we were together at the BCCI that day – she told us ASR we have an excellent opener alongside Sheena now, you should just see her hit her sixes…wev started calling her the little Hit Girl in the dressing room…and the minute you told me earlier that you play at no 2, I kind off presumed that maybe you were the Little Hit Girl…”

Her voice is now excited and happy yet sheepish as she states – “ well..yes, they do call me the Little Hit Girl in the dressing room too, and I can’t believe Mira di actually mentioned this to you and Rohan Sir, I mean knowing this means a lot to me Skipper Blue, thank you so much for telling me this for real, its like her faith in me as she trusts me to open alongside Sheena di, kind off means a lot to me….i really look up to her…infact you have no idea how zapped and dazed I was when I entered the dressing room alongside all our amazing team mates and you know what the minute I saw Mira Di and Jharna Di – its like I statued on the bench…its literally an honour to even have my name in the same squad as them….”

I chuckle as I ask – “ really?? Were you statued on the bench for real?? I was statued on the bench too in the dressing room in a daze, when I first entered the national squad dressing room back in the day and saw all our legendary seniors around me….”. I look back at her from the side, and right then she chuckles too as she states, looking up at the side, and our eyes lock by default – “ were you too?? Like for real???”

I grin as I admit – “ yes yes…for real….and well to be honest, I was in daze for days…or rather months perhaps..it actually took me a year to zap outta that daze I would go into in between at seeing legendary players next to me…for real…you know since iv grown up watching them…on TV…I would literally blink my eyes sometimes to check that really, is there No Tv in between me and the legendary senior for real…”

She grins, her eyes twinkling ,and I am so very glad that shes not looking away from me right now – “ copy that Skipper Blue, like literally… because its been six months that Iv been sharing the dressing room with everyone, and I still go into a Daze…too checking the very same, do you know I once poked Mira Di, Jharna Di, Sheena Di, and Harpreet di and even Deepika in their shoulders like in a perpetual beat of a knock on their shoulders through a poke of the finger to check if they are standing in front of me for real in a dressing room and that I wasn’t in a middle of a dream or something, that it really is me, playing for India….i think it will take me another six months to embrace it all without going into a daze every now and then too…”

I chuckle as I state – “ see, we have another thing in common then….and oh on that note, I played for Delhi and North Zone too in domestic…”

She nods happily and looks away now and leans her head back in the tree trunk – “ ofcourse I know Skipper Blue, duhh you are talking to a fan….you are my no 1 on that inspiration list…remember??”

I admit with a grin – “ please know that I am honoured to be…”

She chuckles – “ can I ask you something??”

“yup, please…”. I say.

Her tones all embarrassed again – “ so well see I didn’t know who you were, but you knew no…you clearly must be amused the hell out of your head when you heard me say out your name on my list, also…you were most definetly like taking my case/pulling my leg right in that moment then Skipper Blue, I am aware…I mean you totally knew that I would go into a shock the minute I would see who you were…right??????????”

I admit with a little laugh – “ well yes…that was fun for real…or more like Funnest..perhaps…”.I glance back at her sideways exactly in that very moment, and I spot her burying her head in her face in embarrassment, as she states – “ Charlie Chaplin Who? Not me…Skipper Blue…Life…its my Life who’s gone all Charlie Chaplining on me right now…”

I chuckle.

She captivates me in a way I cannot explain.

I do not want her to be embarrassed ofcourse and so I state – “ well I do want you to know that when you were about to mention your list, as in why I asked you talk to me about it was not just because it was like Fun or something, I just wanted to know if my name was on it or not, to be honest…I really was hoping to make it to your inspirational list…”

She looks up instantly as she asks – “ really????????”

“Yup, and I am so very glad to be on that No 1 spot…”.

We share a warm laugh now and her phone beeps. She looks into it as she states – “ its Mira Di’s text..she’s checking up on me, since I am not in the hotel…wait ill just reply to her…”,and she does that and once she is done with that she states leaning back into the tree Trunk– “ she’s a great Captain for real actually both her and Harpreet Di…”

I ask leaning back into my side – “ oh yes…Mira Captains the ODI side and Harpreet the T20 right??”

This may come across as weird as in talking with backs to each other.

But Strangely – it kind off Isn’t.

There is nothing Odd about it at all.

But I do wish she would look into my face though and let me look into hers.

She states – “ yes…and well of course I am sure you are already aware that we don’t play the Test formats internationally anymore…I mean the BCCI decided this a couple of years ago…and basically a lot of have countries have just quit on women’s international test cricket…its just mainly England and Australia that play each other now, but even their fixtures are so rare….”

I am aware Of Course.

I nod – “ yup I know…and that makes you feel bummed doesn’t it??”

She asks in a surprised voice – “ how do you know??”

I chuckle – “ I figured that out by your tone, Khushi…”

“really? You figured that out by just my tone, Skipper Blue??”

I admit – “ weird I know…but I guess I did…”

She chuckles now – “ well yes, you are right as in, it really is a bummer that I might just never get to play an International test…”,and she pauses and asks softly – “ will you tell me all about your experience of your First Test right here? As in what you felt as a player??”

I smile to myself as I say – “ on one condition though Khushi…”

“what condition Skipper Blue?”

I say – “ the condition that the minute I tell you all about my that first match…you will tell me all about what you felt while playing your match last night..too..”

She chuckles – “ ok…that conditional application is surely processed, stands accepted…for sure…”

I admit – “ ok…so first thing out even though the previous night’s outing out here had calmed me then…but the next day in the morning, the nervousness returned – you know I was wondering to myself what if I got out on a duck…what a bummer would that be?? I even just had half the breakfast I usually would…infact that still happens to me till today when my heads too occupied on the day of an important crucial/decider game – my meals get halved , because half my appetite is consumed by the increasing focus on the day ahead, I catch up on a lot of energy drinks, fluids, water etc though….”

She asks inquisitive – “ really???????? Oh my god…no way…you know what, it literally happens to me too, infact during the ODI’s lunch break etc – I can barely eat, my hunger gets consumed by appetite and focus to just play on the field and give it my best, its the fluids that keep me going too…you know what Skipper Blue that’s the driving force for me, you know, like I just need to feel like I am giving my best on the field, like I want to give it my best , I want to feel driven, motivated when I step out on those 22 yards to give it my all to the game, the day I feel that theres even a slight bit of a dip on that spectrum in my heart, I think I wont be able to play that day on….you know like I just so need to be able to feel that emotion for the game in my heart….”

WAIT.

WHAT?

IS SHE A MIRROR IMAGE OF ME OR WHAT?

TOTALLY FEELS LIKE IT.

WHY?

BECAUSE IT’S THE SAME FOR ME TOO.

I admit looking back at her sideways – “ Copy that..for real…its freaking the same for me…too…”

She looks up and gapes at me amazed as she asks – “ really???”

Our eyes lock.

I nod – “ yup really…”.and just when my eyes were enjoying their view into her eyes she looks away and leans back into the tree trunk and asks excited – “ ok cmon cmon tell me all about that test match no…what happened after…I mean…you skipped on half the breakfast then…when you reached the stadium????”

Ok.for Real.

I have never been this excited to share what I feel in my cricketing emotions as I play – with anyone.

Why?

Because – I know she’s freaking going to Understand every bit off it. She also is genuinely interested – and I can easily read it that it isn’t just because she looks at me as her inspiration. Its more like, you know like player to player, sharing experiences.

And so I do – I share every bit off the experience that I went through in my emotions on my first test debut, ever since the first ball was bowled to me, highlight all my moments to her until the time the test ended on day 5 and I was awarded the player of the match and its strange that even though I can’t see her face – just by her tone, her ahannn..wow…oh my god then what’s..in between..i know that I have her full attention, like she’s literally listening onto every word off it. Minutes later once I am done I ask her to tell me all about her experience and she excitedly narrates it all out to me too – until the very point how she was in a crazy happy overwhelmed speechless daze too when she got the player of the match award, and I listen on keenly too – because I am captivated way beyond my imaginations right now.

As I keep responding to her in between because off her my genuine intrigue – the Imaginary Image of her playing continues to Flash through my Head. And now, I can’t wait to see her Game – actually. Or maybe – it’s the fact that I can’t wait to see her playing in her cricketing avatar. Like with the entire Gear – Jerseys, Helmet, all padded up at the Crease. Even the image that just flashed through my head of her in that avatar – intrigued/fascinated me greatly.

Please Note.I most definitely am going to watch the Telecast/Highlights of last night’s game once I am back to the Hotel.

I also don’t know how many minutes have passed – as we have sat here talking to each other – this way.

Time’s Flying.

I don’t care.

All I care about is the fact – that Never Have I Ever – felt This Good to be around Someone, I have just met.

Once she finishes telling me all of that and I congratulate her once again for it all supportively , all of a sudden she bursts into laughter and I ask looking back at her– “ what happened??”

She says through her laughter – “ oh god..skipper blue…now that I just narrated it all out to you…I so have to tell you…you won’t believe how much I troubled Jess this afternoon during our workout…I mean I made her run for her life…like for her breathe indeed….you know because of the way she made me run in between the wickets for those 4 runs in the 48th over…”

I chuckle as I ask – “ really?? Go on tell me about it…and know what? we do that too…as in in the team we take each others cases this way back in the gym time too sometimes…”

She asks – “ really?? Ok? hear me out…ok maybe you can face me for this…because I am going to try to imitate Jess’s crazy expressions as much as I can”

I grin as I turn around to face her, happy that I was going to get to look at her for a bit and she starts to enact it all out to me and by the time she is done, we are both laughing holding onto our stomachs and minutes later I ask – “ you really are close to her aren’t you??”

She pauses in her laughter now and our eyes lock and she nod – “ yes oh yes…I love her to bits..shes my BFF too…you know we play domestic for Delhi and North zone together too so shes basically like my perpetual room- mate on ever tour…”

I ask – “ really?? Always? Is she your room mate on this tour too??”

She nods – “ yes really and yes she is my room mate on this one too, but yes there was this one time she wasn’t, on our first ever international tour as we joined in the team, we weren’t each others roomies, I got roomed up with Sheena Di and Jess with Harpreet Di..ok? so its like mostly Mira Di and Jharna di will get sole alone rooms officially and Harpreet di gets one allotted too offcialy since shes the VC of ODI and Cap of t20…but she just tells them all the time I don’t want a sole room anyway…and shares with one of us players instead…some senior players sometimes get alone rooms too…”

OK .

WAIT.

I DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT THIS.

I ask suprised– “ really? Only Captain, Vice Captain and some senior players get sole rooms on tours??”

She nods – “ oh yes Skipper Blue , I know you have that surprised expression on your face because you all get sole rooms right…as in majority of the team right??”

I nod.

Ok.i wasn’t aware that there was a Disparity in this Too.

This is Not Ok at all.

I state immediately – “ ok this isn’t kool or ok at all..it should be the same for you all too like it is for us…haven’t you all ever spoken to the BCCI about this? Bring it up no??”

Her eyes widen immediately as she states with a grin – “ no no..please Skipper Blue, we love it…i mean most of us…it would be really boring otherwise you know…like right now only Mira di and Jharna di have the separate rooms in Holiday Inn…rest all of us are sharing, and infact Mira di and Jharna di …they all also just chill out with us all the time, like you know they keep visiting and hanging out with us all , like I told you they kind off keep it all stitched together…and infact all thanks to that first tour when me and Jess got roomed up with Sheena di and Harpreet di…its like they made us feel so comfortable , our transition from the domestic team happened so smoothly all thanks to our amazing seniors for real, not once have me or Jess ever felt like weird you know…so its all kool on that spectrum..”

Ok I am surprised that she is so Content and Kool about this, and I think I can use the moment to subtly inquire about a fact that I am getting inquisitive about too and I ask – “ really??you really feel all kool about it for real?? What about privacy? I mean on the times you or Jess want to talk to your boyfriends….”

Her phone beeps and she looks into it as she states – “ ok its Jess..she’s got a long life this one..wait up…just gotta text her back”

She hasn’t answered me yet.

And I want to know her answer.

I ask casually – “ so I guess Jess would anyway have a good equation with your boyfriend anyway since you guys have been so close…and vice versa too right??

She chuckles as she states shrugging her shoulders, typing into her phone – “ no ya…skipper blue, so see…apparently boys these days are not interested to have girlfriends that plan to dawn sweaty sporty jerseys all their life…I guess…I mean atleast the ones iv met till now…and it’s the same for Jess…hence that’s not a problem for me and Jess at all, since there isn’t any boyfriend in the picture for either of us….”

MY INSIDES ARE GRINNING.

STUPID BOYS.

Well maybe I should say – Thank God For those StUPID Boys – instead. I do thank my stars – that she is Single.

Ok.

So her phones been continuously beeping now and her attention is in it completely as she states - “oh… its Mira di again now, she’s checking up on me again, oh well Sheena di is messaging now too …they are all very protective about Jess and Me, since we are the youngest in the squad no….wait ill just reply to them…”

I see her type into the phone animatedly and grinning to herself and I ask, wanting to know now – “ really? Youngest? How young?”

My guess is that she would be around 21 maybe. Which is 7 years younger to me. Please note once more – that I have never had a conversation as amazingly awesome as this one with any girl ever in the First Go.So I guess – age really isn’t a Factor when it comes to being able to Communicate Freely and Naturally?

She’s still typing into the phone as she states – “ actually if you ask exact, its like I am the youngest because Jess is like technically a month older to me..i am 20 years 6 months to be exact…will turn 21 this August, Skipper Blue…”

Ok.so I was Close.

I will turn 28 in three months. So we are like 7 years 3 months Apart.

Hmm – well that most definitely doesn’t make a difference to me in my Head. As in – I am still as Captivated/Charmed/intrigued/Smitten/Mesmerised by her – before that Age information came to light.

She’s still got her attention in her phone as she states – “ oh shoot, Harpreet di is messaging me too now…guess they are all done with their PS Sessions and are wondering where I am now…”

Oh yes, so we have the PS thing in common too and I state – “ ohk so we have another thing in common too Khushi…I love to play PS Too…”.

She instantly looks up from her phone now as her eyes widen and she states , surprised – “ nooooooooo wayyyyyyyy…………”

I chuckle over how adorable her grin is – “ yessssssss wayyyyyyy…khushi…”

Our eyes lock now on reflex and I admit – “ I am so glad to bump into you this way Khushi…I mean…as bizzare as the situation was…I have had a very very good time talking to you…”

I spot nervousness flash through her eyes immediately now as she stammers – “ Skipper…Blue…you are very kind…I mean..i..i…”,and her phone rings – now with a Call.

Damm.

Why wont her phone stop ringing?

She shoots me an apologetic look as she states – “ its Mira di…gotta take it…”,and she picks up the phone and she gets up on her feet now instantly and starts to walk around listening and I get up too on my feet and I hear her say in a reassuring voice to her Captain – “ yes Mira Di…don’t worry..i am ok…yes…just on my way back …I know you get jittery if me or jess are out late…what????????????????? its almost midnight????? I didn’t realise…yup I know…ok…ill be back now…seven minutes maybe?? Yup sure…don’t worry…thanks di…”

OH NO.

She’s gotta leave Now – I guess.

But I am happy to know that Mira watches out for her team players this way on international tours.

Khushi hangs up now and she states giving me a polite smile – “ ok…so…Mira di..gets really nervous and protective over Jess and me, especially if she knows we are out alone or something…and its nearing Midnight now…so ill take your leave then Skipper Blue…it was really nice to meet you too…bbyee...”,and she waves a bye at me.

Ok.

I need to see her Again.

I need to be sure that I am going to see her again.

I also need to take her contact details.

I say immediately as I step up towards her just as she was stepping to walk out – “ hey…wait…just a second…”,and that instantly surprises her as she looks up at me and I look down at her and our eyes lock again and I swear to god – I think I could look into her eyes all night, right now.

But to my sheer disappointment she immediately looks to the side breaking our eye lock, and says nervously , as she walks past my side and starts to walk – “ actually I have never been out alone this late into the night by myself Skipper Blue, usually Jess is always with me when we chill out on walks after dinners etc on our tours…and its literally just seven minutes to Midnight now…so I really need to get back quickly now…”

I walk up next to her as I state – “ ofcourse Khushi…ill walk with you to the common spot I need to take back too, before we need to diverge on different roads to make our ways to our hotels…”

She looks at me sideways and smiles and nods and then looks ahead and I ask, walking next to her – “ I know you will be busy training and practice during the day Khushi…but…will you see me tomorrow? Right here? This spot…same time possibly?? Around 945pm??

She pauses in her tracks for a second and looks up at me surprised as she asks – “ you want to see me again???????”

I nod and I grin – “ yes…ofcourse…I want to know all about that remainder off your insipiration list too…”

She chuckles as she states – “ ok…yeah…ill see you here tomorrow…same time…”

I admit honestly – “ and since its me whose kept you out here until late into the night…I kind off need to know that you’v reached back to your hotel safe and sound…should I walk you there??”

Her eyes widen as she looks up at me sideways again and we continue to walk – “ no no…no…Skipper Blue…don’t worry at all..ill be ok…”

I ask – “ ok , then share your contact details with me maybe, and text me when you reach back safely? Would that be ok??”

She halts in her tracks for a second again and gives me a puzzled surprised look as she has a glint of shock flash through her eyes too but she silently nods and we exchange contact details as we resume our walk and I save her number instantly.

Minutes later, we reach that spot where the roads are diverging to our respective ways and Khushi stops in her tracks as she looks up at me nervously and she asks – “ I want to say something Skipper Blue..can i??”

I nod – “yes…please….”

She takes a deep breathe – “ so…you know how there a lot of things in common in between of us…theres one more thing in common that we have, that I would like to talk to you about tomorrow when I see you…”

I ask inquisitive – “ really? What common thing??”

I spot nervousness flash through her eyes now as she states – “ I am sorry, I cant talk about it to you right now…ill explain…later tomorrow??and until then can you please tell no one, that you met me tonight?? Like no one at all….i won’t be telling anyone about it too…not even Jess…please??”

WHATTTTT?

Ok this is a first too.

No ones ever asked me to keep an Encounter – a Secret Ever.

Why doesn’t she want to tell anyone that she met me?

I am kind off Bummed that she doesn’t want to talk about me to Jess even.

I think shes spotted the confusion in my eyes and she states immediately now – “ look…I am sorry…once again…I don’t mean to offend you at all…i…i…”,and she pauses, because her phone rings again.

She shoots me an apologetic look as she picks it up and states – “ yes Jess…yes…soon..im literally like just five minutes away….”, and once she hangs up, she says shooting me another nervous look – “ im sorry…I gotta go now…ill explain tomorrow…pakka se…”

Even though I am confused the hell out of my head right now, I chuckle because of the way she said – Pakka se.Its way too adorable.

I ask smiling – “ really? Pakka se??”

She shoots me a nervous smile as she states – “ yes pakka se and now the look on your face tells me that you are just about to pull my leg again, Skipper Blue…so im leaving now…byeeeeee….”,and before I can say a word out, she turns around in her heel and sprints away – leaving a very amused, puzzled, mesmerised, and Smitten and Bewitched me behind.

I keep my eyes on her until her sprinting figure is in my line of vision and I guess now I know what that Man would have felt Like.You know the one who got Smitten by this girl he met at a ball and she left around Midnight – leaving him with a glass slipper in one of those Disney Tales?

Everyone – I have a little Sister.She obviously grew up watching Disney movies and being fascinated by these tales. I remember this one because I remember her requesting a 7/8 year old me to read it out to her out of those little picture books, very often back in our childhood days.

But since this was so Long ago – I obviously have difficulty recalling the name of that Tale.

Wait.

Lets ask Google.

I quickly Google the theme.

Dang it comes Up in a Second.

Cinderella.

I chuckle to myself as I resume my run to my hotel too , putting the Hoodie back on my Head too.

So.

I totally feel like I just had an Encounter with a Modern Day Cinderella – Version Helmet and Bat.

Ha!

You know since Google just showed me a picture of Disney’s Cinderella dressed in a blue gown too.

Well – Khushi wasn’t dressed in Blue – but she is a part of a team which we call – Women in Blue.

EVERYONE – I think Anjali’s Happy in love energy , acted like some Crazy Sparkling FairyGodMother’s Magic Dust for Real.

I mean what’s wrong with me???????

Never have I ever – felt this way before.

But it feels good though.

I continue with my sprint to the Hotel but in the back of my head, I am waiting for Khushi’s text. I obviously need to know for real that she’s reached safely.

A couple of minutes later as I am steeping into my Hotel Lobby.My phone beeps.

Its Her.

Her : Skipper Blue…since you asked, just texting to let you know that I reached all safe and sound about three minutes ago. Good Night to You.

I quickly text back : thank you khushi for texting me.i have reached too.Good night to you. Sleep well, you know since you have intense training and practice tomorrow.

I get a reply in a second.

Her : thank you Skipper Blue.i hope you sleep well too.Bbbbbbye.

I grin to myself happily as I make my way up into the Elevator.

Well – I wasn’t going to Sleep right now anyway.

Why?

Because I had to watch a one some Captivating Cinderella.Version Helmet and Bat – play a kickass Game of Cricket with her Bat - on Screen.

Ha!

Just Can’t wait to see Her – Play.

Also.

I can’t Stop Grinning – for Real.

I truly have been Struck By a Fortunate Stroke of Serendipity – Indeed.

I mean cmon..everyone…You All Tell Me - if this isn’t a Fortunate Stroke of Serendipity – then what is???????????

……………………………………

TADAAAAA!!!!!

Let me know what you guys think as always, you all know I love reading your feedback and comments.

Next Update : Saturday Evening Mostly.

Thanks guys for all the Love and Support.

Always.

………………………

with their siblings getting attached, they will be family. Plenty of time to get to know the other.

Oh you stopped without the meeting with brother and sister awesome 

Hellooo everyoneeeeeee

So here I am with the Next Update…as Promised on Saturday.I mean technically yes I made it on Saturday since its still ten minutes to Midnight.

Haha.

So its 8k Words Update Guys.

Please ignore editing/common repition of words errors etc – since I have not proofread.

……………..

CHAPTER 5 – AN INEVITABLE BEDAZZLE?

Next Day – 17th Feb, 2019

@Hilton – Nottingham (Arnav’s Suite) – 11:45 AM

Arnav’s POV

Akash grins and states, looking into his phone – “ ok bhai, so yes…. dearest Anjali confirms that Rahul and her, will be here in an hour’s time…and will be with us all day here until dinner…”

I chuckle as I ask – “ is Anjali messaging you with some last minute instructions too Akash??”

Akash chunks his phone aside as he winks at me, taking a last sip off his coffee, and he chuckles – “ well, yes, but not instructions for me because you know since I am the kool brother…..you are the one she is scared off at time, and this one time being the most scary for her…”. I chuckle instantly and we share a warm laugh and Akash asks - “ I am sure that you are asking because you received a couple of disclaimer and reminder texts again from her saying – remember your promise bhai, you’ll be easy on him, no crazy intimidating scrutiny alright bhai, please???right??”

I nod with a grin as I ask – “ did she send you a snapshot off the texts she sent me on whats app??”

Akash chuckles – “ oh yes, she most surely did with a message saying – I sent these reminder texts to bhai , Akash, and since the two of you are chilling together right now, please remind him once more in person from my side please…Rahul is really very nervous about this..”

I grin as I state – “ ask her not to worry about it, I will take it easy on him, as I promised…for sure…I just texted her the same too…you can assure her once more though…”

Akash grins – “ I will surely , ok great then Bhai…ill see you in a bit ok?? will just catch up on a video call with Payal right now, before Anjali and Rahul come in…for after that we’ll just get busy…”

I grin and we High Five each other in our brotherly tradition as we always do, and he states with a relaxed smile – “ you do seem very relaxed and happy this morning Bhai, for real…which makes me very happy…”

Oh.Yes – Akash.

I know what you mean.

I feel very relaxed and Happy not just because I am happy to have this time off with my siblings after ages/but also – because I have been struck by the Fortunate Stroke off Serendipity, indeed. For This Sudden Trip into Nottingham – took a very interesting turn last night. However, it’s a pity I cannot talk to you about it yet, because the one some captivating Cinderella with a Bat – asked me to keep our Encounter a Secret.

I shoot him a relaxed reassuring smile – “ I know what you mean Akash…I do feel very happy and relaxed for real…cmon then go get on your video call with Payal now , tell her I say hello….”

He grins at me and stars to leave saying – “ great…ill see you in a bit bhai…”

“see you in a bit Akash..”.I say to him grinning as I see him walk out my room.

So.

Akash and me had been chilling with each other since 1030, wherein we got together for Breakfast in my room.I do prefer to call in Room Service, most of the times – for Privacy reasons, when I want focus all my attention on just quality family/friends time. I returned from my morning gym and weight sessions around 10 am and got ready for the day. Akash had slept in late because he had anyway declared that he was in a complete holiday mode – which meant his workouts also were on a holiday which is why he didn’t join me in the Gym today. I try not to miss out on my Basic Minimum Everyday Gym time , even when I am on a Holiday/Break. Anyways - We finished breakfast around 11 am, and then were just chatting and catching up post that over a cup of coffee – which made me a happy brother because I truly love catching up with Akash on just One on One too.

Well now that Akash’s gone, leaving me alone for about an hour or so until we all get together again as Anjali &Rahul arrive – I find my thoughts tread their way back to Her – on its own accord.

Her.Who?

I think its pretty obvious and most of you would have guessed it already but I shall state it anyway.

Her Who? - The Captivating Cinderella….Version Bat and Helmet – I met last night.

Khushi.

Ok…so lets just be Honest about this.

She’s pretty much been at the back off my Head – ever since I woke up this morning actually. In fact even in Gym time – I was grinning to myself running the treadmill recalling the tale she told me how she made her friend run for her breath, along with looking back over my thoughts in the head rethinking over how even more Amazingly and Happily Smitten, I had been later last night, ever since I laid my eyes on her, Playing Cricket on the Screen.

Remember Everyone?

I mentioned – I was going to watch the Highlights/telecast of the Women’s Game from the previous night?

So I obviously did – and I think that its only Fair enough that I admit this out straight, that I was Captivated/Stunned/Mesmerised – wayyyyy….beyond my imaginations, the minute I saw her on Screen, playing - all dawned in the Cricketing Avatar in the Similar Blue Jersey’s as Ours.

(On that note – please note, that I really enjoyed to see the entire women’s team play the way they did, and I thought everyone did a brilliant job in the field for sure, to clinch the ODI series)

But because I have been bitten by the ‘Smitten’ Bug – I am going to focus on Just thinking About Khushi and her game for a While.

So.

Yes.

I thought to myself – the minute I spotted her on Screen last night – Dudeeee…Did I just get More Smitten than I already Was??And the Answer I got back into My Head, almost immediately was – Yes ASR.You Just Got more Smitten than you already Were!

And obviously the Smitten Meter kept ramping up on its own accord – as I went along watching her Play.

And well.

Now.

I am obviously having a lot of trouble of Taking out the Images off Her Playing too, Out of my head For Real.

Yup. For Real.

Two Reasons.

One – being the fact that I was obviously Mesmerised by her in a way I cannot explain, even before I saw her Play.

Second – being the fact that I truly am very impressed by her Game. She’s good. In fact really very good in her game. She’s surely got a lot of talent and potential, indeed. Her game technique is good, and the way she played through the entire innings reading the pitch and the situation was really commendable. She took some massive aggressive shots in between every now and then in order to keep the momentum going, and then switched too playing defensive against the tricky bowlers, and she also timed the field perfectly along side partners in for singles, and doubles. Overall – in my cricketing eye, it was a very good innings indeed. She was aggressive yet very balanced in her shots – while batting.

The images off her Batting, have found their way into the Pinboard at the back of my Head. The most prominent images being– both the images off her firing up two Amazing front foot - Pull Shot(where in she timed the shot ball delivery perfectly) for a Killer Sixer into the Stands.(She freaking fired up two massive pull shots , reading the shot ball perfectly into two complete different directions out of the stand on both occasions.).Then there are two more images off her dancing around in my head in which she freaking pulled off a Hit Switch – Sixer(in which the batter switches in stance right before hitting the ball) and a Lap Shot Sixer(which is like a sixer shot straight behind the wicketkeeper to backward covers) - and all of those four of which are really difficult shots to pull off ,and the fact that she pulled all off those four Sixers into the air with such ease and comfort – and played the innings with a blend of aggressive and balanced shots , truly gave me the answer as to why Mira/Harpreet back her to open for India along side Sheena in both the formats ODI and T20.

And just by Witnessing those Four Sixes fired off her Bat - I also agree with them on the Nickname they’v chosen for her.

The Little Hit Girl.

It Suits her Perfectly.

She’s got a petite frame (which could be why they might call her Little, added up with the fact that she is the youngest in the squad, and Hit Girl – definitely because she powers her Sixes, along with right timing and hand eye coordination perfectly, hitting the ball sweetly and gracefully straight into the Air). And yes, one look at those shots and you know that she’s got some massive athletic strength working up inside of her for Real. I am very sure that she trains very hard to build up on that strength and power on the Core and Shoulder to be able to Hit her Powered Sixes like that. And well to be honest , her wrist work and technique with drives is great too – she did also smash a beautiful straight drive into the boundaries for a Four.

Well.

Should I be More Transparent to you All?

So its like ,I truly am unable to take out the flashes off Images off all three off Cricketing Avatars on the field - out of my head. Not just the Batter Avatar.(All Three - as in batting , fielding, and Bowling. She freaking bowled an amazing bouncer in the game too in the first innings as England was batting first, which led the batter on the other side of the pitch to mistime her Sweep Shot, which then lead to a catch out at Long Off, getting us the Wicket in a crucial point in the game. And she’s also very quick with her reflexes on field.)

So In my gaming opinion, I truly think that she was the right choice for Player of the Match award – Indeed.

And now – after witnessing her Game and amazing potential, I think it only fair for me to admit that I can sense myself feeling a lot more Drawn to her, than I already Was!

The image of her Happy Exhilirated Grinning Face, as she celebrated her 50 runs mid pitch , and then the victory off the Game after – flashes through My Head – followed by the Vision of her Eyes Twinkling in Happiness as she received the Player of the Match award.

Jeeeezzzzz!

I think I am - Bewitched /Bedazzled, for Real.

And now, once again - I find myself in the middle of a thought, contemplating whether I should follow up with my gut and just message her on WhatsApp right now.(I have been thinking over the same in the back off my head ever since I woke Up, actually).

Ok.

RAIZADA.

Don’t think Much.

Just text her if you Want too.

And everyone - I really Want too. Iv been wondering what she is upto?

So, let’s just follow the gut intuition coming through and do this.

I open my WhatsApp and open up my Chat Window with her.

Lucky me – she is Online.

I text her quickly.

Me : Hello Khushi, Good afternoon to You. How’s the training going?.

My phone beeps back instantly.

Her : Good afternoon to you too Skipper Blue. Trainings going good, in fact we just finished with a very intense training session - ten minutes ago.

I quickly reply : great Khushi…so break time now??? And Do you have any net practice lined up for the day as well??

Her : break time…yes Skipper Blue. But Just a little. I mean we are all taking a break for a bit to just relax and then we are going to head for a early lunch in a shortwhile. And yes… post lunch we are heading for practice time into the Nets.Its going to be very long session today.

I do want to tell her how good she was in the Game I saw.

I reply immediately : all the best to you for the practice in the nets Khushi. And oh yes, please know that I completely agree with the nickname’s everyone’s given you – the Little Hit Girl. Those two pull shots, the lap shot and the switch hit were freaking timed perfectly and you made it all look so smooth and easy, and well I obviously know how difficult they are to full off successfully. So Kudos to both You and Your Bat. You really played a beautiful innings indeed Khushi. Truly deserving of the Player of the Match award, in my opinion as well. I know exactly why Mira/Harpreet want you to open alongside Sheena.You’v got great potential Khushi.Many congratulations to you once again.

I get a reply within seconds.

Her : waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttttttttt????????whattttttt??does that mean that you saw the Highlights of our Innings from the other Night Skipper Blue????

I chuckle to myself.

An image off her Adorable Surprised Face and Widened Eyes – flashes through my Head.Yup – I guess, that’s the expression she’s got on her face right now.

Me : Yup…I did see the highlights off both the Innings from the Match, Khushi. You also bowled an amazing tricky bouncer totally misleading the batter to smash the ball exactly into the fielder’s hands at long off. Brilliant execution of a strategy adapting to pitch conditions. Good job.

My phone beeps instantly.

Her : ohhh myyy cricketing Gods… I can’t believe this Skipper Blue. I mean…you saw the Matchhhhh for reall?????????

I chuckle to myself again.

Me : yes Khushi. I did see it for Real. An excellent game of cricket indeed by all of you. Good Job. I dropped a text to Mira, congratulating her on the ODI series win earlier this morning too.

Its True guys – I messaged Mira the same, before I started on my Gym Time.

Her : Wow!which is so very great Skipper Blue. And I am kind off frozen in shock again at hearing You – tell me that those Sixes shots off my bat were good ones, Skipper Blue.

I grin.

I anticipated that too.

Me : really?? For real?? Are you in a frozen daze , with just your eyes blinking, again?

Her : yes, I am – Skipper Blue. I think you know I am.

What a Freaking Pity that I am missing out on the Sight.

A FREAKING PITY INDEED.

I quickly text back : well, I think I can admit honestly that I kind off anticipated your reaction. And also on that note – your wrist work with the straight drive is good as well, the techniques on point right.

My phone beeps after two minutes.

Her : thank you so much Skipper Blue. Please note – I am not a Frozen Dazed Statue right now, I think I have been transferred into a Rock – in Daze, indeed. Because never had I ever expected to hear you tell me that my wrist work and technique with the Drive is on point .Now please don’t you ask me Why.

I grin to myself as I ask : Whyyy?? I dare you for the love you have for the 22 yards.Tell me why?.

I wait in anticipation for her reply.

My phone beeps after two long minutes.

Her : duhhhh Skipper Blue – I think you already know Why.You just like to take my case – I guess. But I have to answer since you dared me for the love off 22 Yards. Well…I asked you not to ask me why, because the Straight drive and the Cover drive are like Your Signature Shots. It’s like you are the King of these two Shots no Skipper Blue, and I have observed you playing these shots on TV so so much, and I literally have been practising the observation out in the nets for ages now. I still have to get around to playing a Cover Drive with on point technique. You play the drives so amazingly Skipper Blue…I think they are right when the call you the King of Cover/Straight Drives for real.

I smile to myself as I read that.

I quickly reply : thank you so much Khushi. I most surely would like to help you on that. Your straight drive is anyway on point…I will let you on in on a little technique with a wrist that I use – while playing a Cover Drive, you can practice it in the nets then on and see if it works for You.

My phone beeps.

Her : waiiitttt?? Whattt?? Skipper Blue – are you for real? Will you really help me in on that???thank you so so so so so so so so very much in advanceeeeeee incase you are going to reply that you will help me on this for Real.

I chuckle as I read that.

I reply : You are Welcome Khushi.i will surely tell you all about it tonight.

Her : Skipper Blue, I am going to carry on my Notebook with me, for sure.I like to call it - My Blue Book of Cricketing Observations . I hope you wouldn’t mind me taking down Notes of the Technique you mention?? I mean would that be ok???

Did she just tell me that she calls her Notebook – My Blue Book of Cricketing Observations?

How can I not be Amused and Captivated?

I bite back my grin as I reply .Me : you call your notebook the Blue Book of Cricketing Observations?

Her : yes..i do.Wait..Skipper Blue, are you laughing at me right now?? I think you are most definitely biting back on your grin…if not laughing for sure.

How did she guess that?

Me : just how did you even guess that Khushi??

Her : because that’s what you do, when you are pulling my leg and yet trying to be all gentlemanly about it…Skipper Blue.

I chuckle and right when I am writing back a reply to her, my phone beeps.

Her : I want to ask you something Skipper Blue? Can i?

Me : yes khushi tell me??

Her : you haven’t told anyone you met me last night na?? like pakka se…you haven’t right????

Ok my smile kind off shortens on its own accord as I read that , confusion returning to build back in my head.

I take a deep breathe as I reply nonetheless.

Me : yes, I haven’t Khushi, like I told you, I wouldn’t tell anyone.

Her : greattttt Skipper Blue! Thank you. I haven’t told anyone too…not even Jess for real.Thank you so much.

Why is she so Happy – that I haven’t told anyone for Real?

I am freaking even more Bummed to read that she really hasn’t spoken about our encounter to Jess even.

My phone beeps again, as I am on that thought.

Her : I will explain everything Skipper Blue..as to why I asked this off you…later when we meet.Pakka se.

Ok so the minute I read her Pakka se, the smile returns to my face on its own accord.

Me : reallyyyyy??? Pakka se Khushi????

Her : yessss Skipper Blue. Pakka * Infinity Se. ok ? I gotta go now. Everyone’s getting together for early lunch and then off we go for practice.bbyyeeeeee.

I smile as I read that.

I reply : all the best for practice Khushi . I will see you later.

Her : thank you Skipper Blue…

I reread her text before the last one.Did she really write – Pakka*Infinity Se? I mean…It’s the first time I have ever read something like that.

She’s way too Amusing. This One.

But Well ,because I am so puzzled and confused over as to why she want this to be a Secret – I feel my head wanting to know her reason behind the same already.

How many hours to 945PM?

Quite a bit Still.

I am right on that thought when there’s a knock on my door.

I walk upto open my door.

Its Akash of course.

He grins and walks in – “ so bhai, they should be here soon, and we catch up here for a bit, and then Anjali’s got some plans for us all to some countryside restaurant for lunch which is just a twenty minute drive from here, she says its not going to be very crowded, since it’s the beginning of the week, so we will have the privacy too…”

I grin back at him as I walk back into my room closing the door – “ well thatll be good, I have seen the city center so very enough, going into the countryside will be good….”

Akash winks at me as he plonks of the sofa – “ bhai I think I know why Anjali planned this, because she knows you love the fresh air and the works, she thinks the setting will put you in a good mood, and you will be easy on Rahul for real…”

Ha! I think Akash is right.My sister does know me way to well. Well, it’s truly Rahul’s luck that I really am in a good mood anyway.

I chuckle on reflex as I sit in front off him and I wink at him– “ well I am in a good mood Akash…anyway…”

Akash grins – “ I can see that you are bhai…you’v always really liked it here in Nottingham haven’t you?? its got a special place in your heart…cricket wise…I know…”

I nod back at him – Happily.

Hmmm.

Special Place in my Heart – Cricket Wise Indeed.

And I have something in my gut telling me that this time when I leave here – I am going to look back at Nottingham fondly, indeed as I always do, there’s nothing new about that.

But perhaps ‘What’s New’ - would be the fact that it wouldn’t be because off Just Cricket anymore.

…………………………

SIX HOURS 30 MINUTES LATER

BACK AT HILTON – ARNAV’S SUITE

7: 30 PM

ARNAV’S POV CONTINUES

OK.

Hello to You All – Again.

So, I am very delighted to report the fact that apparently, I was just getting all worked up and worried like a over protective Brother – for no reason.

And I realised the above said fact because?

Because – my mind has observed, processed and acknowledged a Fact for Real. What Fact?

Fact that - Rahul Gupta(the man my sister is in love with), is Insanely and Deeply in Love with her Too. Its in his eyes. They shine with so much emotion as he looks at Her, for Real. I obviously have been observing him all day too – for the last six hours 30 minutes.

I chuckle to myself as I recall – how Rahul had gone into a Fan Zoned Mode around me for real feeling all nervous for the first fifteen minutes – as Anjali and him had first stepped into my Room.But well, the way Anjali and him were holding hands through out anyway, kind off comforted his nerves as Anjali took care of the general introductions and small talk amongst us all for the first couple of minutes – after which Rahul started to ease down a little, and he relaxed as well. Akash was his usual kool and friendly self as well , and I obviously assured him then that this was not ASR the Indian Skipper sitting in front of him, it was Arnav- the brother too. And well – soon, the atmosphere was all comfortable in between of us all, as we got on with the general small talks mostly until we left for lunch. And it was after lunch, that I had a little one on one with him , as we took a little stroll in the gardens off the country side restaurant where in he assured me that his intentions and love for Anjali were true for real, and that he was going to be talking to his parents very soon too. Well to be honest by then, I didn’t need to hear him mouth his assurance, why? Because like I said, I had been observing him from the very minute he had stepped in, and I could easily sense that he was head over heels in love with Anjali too. It wasn’t just in his reassuring words - it was his eyes, his silent loving gestures towards Anjali all throughout that obviously didn’t get missed by both Akash or my eye.And well after lunch, he kind off was more relaxed in the whole situation as well, and started to open up more around us. Infact we all chilled out in the Countryside place until about 630, since we had the Privacy and it was a awesome place too.And once Rahul was all relaxed anyway – he also was very warm and exhilarated in telling me about How Cricket is not just a Game in his Home too. Or How his Father was such a big fan off Cricket as well.His mother’s used to be an international swimming athlete as well back in her days, and watches Cricket quite keenly too. He also mentioned that he has a little sister as well, but didn’t talk much about her at all, not even letting us on her name etc – because he said – she will be coming to meet us this evening, so I will introduce her to you all then.( Akash and me both reckon his sister is probably studying in a under graduation course here in Nottingham itself, and we obviously know that Anjali’s probably met her a couple of times already).

Well.

Anyways.

Coming back to Rahul.

He is a good man. (Both Akash and me are obviously aware of his educational details, basic family details etc. Anjali had filled us all in yesterday itself.) So basically on the whole picture looks good – I mean Anjali’s happiness obviously is Priority.So now if Anjali’s and Rahul’s happiness is with each other – then Akash and me are thinking, once we observe on the two of them a little bit more as to how they are around each other, until we leave – we will think about giving Mom a little brief on this first, the minute we are back, and then the three of us can take it up to Dad, together. Because well, my father is way too possesive about Anjali for Real. I mean I know just the Idea of her probably meeting The One she wants to settle with – is going to make him Overwhelmed. He will be happy in his heart I know, but before that he’s going to go into a spiral off a Little Denial off – is my daughter’s in love for Real? Is it time to send her Off? Is it time already to see her Married??

We all know him way too Well.

Hmmm…but I think it should all be Smooth.

I look at my watch as I step out the washroom now.

Its 730 PM.

So obviously everyone, ever since my worries are all eased around my Head about Rahul, I have to admit that I have found myself looking at the time on my hand quite often. Waiting for it to tick around to 930 PM perhaps? Which is when,I get on with my walk to the Trent Bridge to meet Khushi.

So , she hasn’t messaged or texted me all day after our little chat this morning.

Should I message to ask if her practice session went good?

I am sure, she must be exhausted and catching up on some rest maybe.

Long net sessions – are obviously gruelling, I am aware.

I am on that thought as I reach, Rahul, Anjali and Akash all huddled around the sofa , casually and happily chatting up and the minute they say me taking my seat back , Rahul grins as he states , sounding a lot more relaxed – “ so ASR, I was just telling Akash, that I was feeling all fretty and scared about meeting you for no reason, because Iv been thanking my stars that you didn’t turn out to be as scary a brother , Anjali projected to me…”,and with that he laces his hand around Anjali’s shoulder lovingly and Anjali chuckles as she gazes at him lovingly – “ Rahul, I was honest about it all, you are just lucky that Bhai happened to be in a very very good mood today…he’s been way to easy on you..ya…”,and she looks at me mischeviously as she states – “ bhai..cmon ya…be a little more interrogating on him atleast…”

Rahul kisses Anjali’s forhead lovingly as he states rolling his eyes – “ yeah right…as if I don’t know that you asked him to be a little easy on me, a zillion time already…stop trying to take my case on Anjali..”,and he shoots me a sincere look – “ thank you ASR for being supportive…”.Anjali happily snuggles into his side.

Ok.

The Sight Does warm my Heart.

Akash narrows his eyes at Rahul as he states with a mischevious – “ ohh…so just because I am the kool brother, only bhai gets all the thanks for being supportive Rahul??”

Rahul looks at Akash and he states sincerely – “ ofcourse not Akash..a huge thanks to you too…infact to both of you…I am very much at ease now…”

Akash and me shoot him a sincere smile back too and now Rahul looks at Anjali as he states – “ so Anj, looks like the last bit off the moment that we are nearing towards that I saved for being a potential ice breaker, isn’t really going to be needed now…as in because there’s no ice in the air at all…”

Anjali chuckles as she looks at Rahul and states happily – “ and I was thinking just the same…but now that we’v held on to It, lets just wait it out no???”

Rahul nods happily and he whispers something into Anjali’s ears.

Akash and me look puzzled and confused and we are exchanging looks as to – do you know what they are talking/hinting about???.Apparently none of us do.

And while we are still on that thought, Rahul’s phone rings and he gets up and gestures us that he’s gotta take the call and he speaks into the phone – “ yes…junior ?you’v reached??ok, you are making your way to the room now?yup..its the same room no I texted you..great..see you in a couple of minute then…”.He hangs up and looks at us happily – “ so…ASR..akash..that was my junior…as in my sister…she’s here…”

Akash – “ I figured that out Rahul, the minute you said Junior into the phone…do you both have a lot of age difference??”

Rahul – “ we are a little over Five years apart Akash..”

My phone Vibrates in my Tracks – right then.

Akash – “ ok so she is doing her undergrad then? Is she studying at the uni here too..i mean its our guess..”

Rahul – “ yes she is completing her undergrad surely…but no she doesn’t study in our university..”

My insides grin as I spot a Whtsapp notification. Its from Khushi.

Akash – “ really?? Then any university around? I mean how is she in Nottingham then??”

Anjali – “ oh wait ya Akash…listen shes coming no, you meet her then we will tell you…”

I smile at everyone as they continue to chatter and I dip my head into the phone as I open the chat window.

Her : Skipper Blue…

Ok whats Up with saying Just That?

I text back : hello Khushi… you know what I was just thinking about texting you and you messaged.How was practice?

Her : Really Skipper Blue?????

Me : yes really.So cmon then..tell me how was practice?tired much?

Her : ummm…yes Skipper Blue practice was really good…no not tired much..but I just want to say something can i?its kind off important.

Me : yes please..tell me Khushi

Her : Ok so Skipper Blue…please know that I am very sorry about this as in I could not tell you about this earlier because it was not for me to say…ok?that’s the main reason.And yes this is also a part reason as to why I was so scared about offending you in any way yesterday at first, I had a fear eating up my insides at first then the minute I registered in the fact that Mr Stranger was You, that what if I had offended you in any way unknowingly and that it would have a negative repercussion towards this. I anyway only got to know about this yesterday afternoon over lunch.I will explain more later.just…please just remember to pretend as if you never met me at all ok??

Ok. Now I am confused and Puzzled again.What does she Mean by all of what she just texted me?? I just am unable to Connect the dots to the context.What does she mean??????Why is she sorry?? What is – this another reason– that she is talking about????and again the pretend Thing?

Me : huh?? Khushi?? I am sorry I don’t get you.that message from you kind off flew like one of your Pull shots over my head.What do you mean??

I tap send.

I am waiting for a reply but none comes.

Me : ?????????

Right then there’s a knock on the door and we watch Rahul and Anjali both spring up to their feet and Rahul states – “ that will be my sister…”,and we watch Anjali walk beside Rahul all happily too,as they rush to the door.

Ok.

Why isn’t Khushi replying to my text?

Ideally, I just have a couple of seconds to be on phone right now, because it will be too rude if I don’t be actively involved alongside Akash, in greeting Rahul’s little sister politely. I mean given the circumstances, she is the sister of the man, my sister loves.

I most definitely have to be polite and courteous.

I hear Happy greeting voices of Rahul and Anjali coming from near the door.

I wait for Khushi’s message for another ten seconds, but as none comes, I put my phone back in my pocket and Akash and me both are getting up from where we were sitting and right then we hear Rahul’s exhilarated voice – “ Junior…apparently no ice breaking conversation is needed for real, turned out Anjali has no scary intimidating brother at all…both ASR and Akash are so very kool, infact I haven’t even told him how big a fan you are too off his game…I should have..but then I just thought iv held onto it all day, might as well just hold onto that info until you come in…cmon lets go in…”

Anjali’s excited voice falls in my ears – “ and I am so glad you are here…we missed you all day and over lunch, would have been amazing if you could have made it ya…but its ok…I understand..cmon then….lets go in..”

Akash looks at me amused as he states, – “ ok bhai…his sister also watches cricket I guess…full family is a fan of your game then…”

I shoot Akash a puzzled amused look as we both stand leaning against the sofa now, waiting for Rahul, Anjali and his Junior sister to come in, and I do take out my phone out off my pocket for a second to check if Khushi had messaged and while my head is still dipped down into my phone, I hear Rahul’s exhilarated voice fall into my ears – “ well..no Akash..ASR…well our full family isn’t just a crazy fan off ASR’s game, but just Cricket on the whole…and my little Junior, she just doesn’t only watch Cricket…she plays it too…officially for India Women…my little Junior is a professional cricketer too..…she’s here in Nottingham , because the India Women are on tour off England right….what can I say???? I am a very proud brother indeed……”

OK. THAT RINGS A BELL IN MY EAR INSTANTLY.

HIS SISTER PLAYS FOR INDIA WOMEN TOO?

Then she obviously will know KHUSHI.

I look up instantly from my phone now, and the minute I register in the Sight in front off me – I feel like I have been Hit BY Freaking Coincidental ThunderBolt – indeed.

Why? You may ask?

BECAUSE – NEVER HAVE I EVER – COME ACROSS A COINCIDNECE AS FREAKISHLY INTER-TWINED LIKE THIS ONE – INDEED.

WHY?

JUST WHO DO I SEE IN FRONT OFF ME RIGHT NOW????

The Very One , whose Text Reply I had been waiting For.

Guys.

Its Her.

Its Khushi.

No.

I am not imagining this – because my Head’s been Bedazzled or Bewitched or Something.

I mean – its Her.For Real.

I literally am seeing Khushi in front off me.

Like Right in front off me.

She’s Rooted nervously to her spot in between of Rahul and Anjali. She’s dressed in a Red Hoodie Sweatshirt and Denims this time around. Her hair are open to her fall around the sides of her face casually and naturally.The only Difference being from yesterday – that the Hoodie is off her Head,instead of being on It.

OK.

Guys.

As this Sinks In – Its really my Turn to Stand Frozen and Dazed and Shocked to My Spot.

My eyes lock with hers across , and she shoots me a nervous glance again. And now instantly , her last previous message clicks in my Head.

She knew.

She obviously knew about Her brother and My Sister.She mentioned something like how she got to know about this last afternoon? So basically when she met me last night – she obviously Knew.No wonder she also panicked the way she did – at the idea of offending me.She thought if her – “presumed offense” could have a repercussion towards her Brother. This is that one common thing she mentioned she would talk to me about today – I am sure.

Ok.

It all starts to Click in.

I am still frozen to my spot in a Daze when I see Akash walk up to her and shake hands – “ whattt????wowwwwwwwwwww…you play cricket…for India too?????? Really??? No way…that’s freaking awesome…im Akash…hey..cmon in, so very nice to meet you…”

I see Khushi smile at Akash warmly as she shakes his hand – “ thank you Akash..my name is Khushi…yes..and yes…i play for India too…I just got selected into the national squad around six months ago…”.She shoots me a nervous look again.

Ok.

Please Note.

I am in a Daze/Frozen Shock – but not in a Negative Overwhelming Way at all.

But In a very very Good way – Instead.

I MEAN WHAT JUST HAPPENED?

THIS IS FREAKING TRUE FOR REAL.

CINDERELLA (VERSION BAT & HELMET) – who has Captivated my Head from the very first go - like no girl has ever Captivated ever before – Turns out to be the little sister of the man, my sister Loves.

How Twisted a Coincidence is Thattttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHA.

Guys.

How Amusing is this Entire Scenario???????????

So.

RAHUL GUPTA – JUST EARNED SOME MAJOR BROWNIE POINTS – EVERYONE.

WHY?

BECAUSE – HE TURNED OUT TO BE KHUSHI’S BROTHER, OFCOURSE!!!!!!

I MEAN DOES HE EVEN KNOW – HIS SISTER UNKNOWINGLY SERVED AS HIS LUCKY CHARM FOR REAL.(you know like how I have just been in a Good Mood since yesterday night for Real…Haha!!! I mean The Good Mood was also an added reason why I was all kool on him in my Scrutiny Level )

Guys.

You know what this Is?

A SERENDIPITY FREAKING SIXER.

OK.

She asked me to play along and Pretend – as if this is the first time we’v met.

So that’s what I shall do.

I smile politely as I walk up to Khushi now and shake hands with her as I say – “ hello Khushi…so very nice to meet you…so play for India women??congratulations on making it to the National Squad…you said…its been six months?? Im sure it must be a thrilling experience right??”

Khushi smiles at me nervously and politely, as she shakes my hand – “ thank you so much ASR..yes…its just been a little over six months…it’s a thrilling experience indeed…”

Anjali states excited now – “ bhai…I was at the game other night with Rahul when India women won the ODI series…Khushi played a brilliant knock of 80 not out and even got a wicket…and she also got her first ODI player of the match too…she is amazing…you gotta see her fire her Sixes…”

Please note that I am biting back on my laugh with great difficulty.

I think – so is Khushi.

Rahul is beaming happily, as he laces his hand around Khushi’s shoulder proudly – “ so freaking proud off her for Real, ASR…shes had a truly amazing journey from domestic upto this point for real…”

Khushi looks at Rahul all embarrassed as she states – “ bhai…please…don’t embarrass me ya…”

Akash looks at Khushi as he states excited – “ whooooaa…forst ever ODI player of the match…right here at the Trent Bridge cricket stadium?? Bhai got his first player of the match in his test Debut..right here too…what a freaking coincidence this is..isnt it bhai???”

OH YES. AKASH.

THIS IS THE SUPERBOMB OF ALL COINCINDENCES INDEED.

OR LIKE I SAID – A SERENDIPITY FREAKING SIXER.

I bite back my grin as I state – “ oh yes..a freaking coincidence indeed…many congratulations to you Khushi…first ever players of the matches awards are always special..…”

I offer to shake her hand again, and she smiles politely and shakes hands with me again as she states – “ thank you so very much ASR..”.Her eyes are silently thanking me for keeping on with the pretend mode.

I can read that.

Rahul nudges her in the side as he says – “ say what Junior? I am sure you are all zapped and dazed and being congratulated by one of your cricketing inspirations of all time??”

I bite back my grin again with great difficulty.

“yes bhai…ofcourseee…I am all zapped and dazed in the head for real…”.Khushi shoots me another nervous look as our eyes lock briefly by default.

And right then amidst the Comedy of Coincidences Situation around us– her Phone Buzzes.

DAMM.

HER PHONE.

Why is it Buzzing Again.

Khushi immediately takes her hand out of my grip and her phone out of the center pocket of her Hoodie sweatshirt and she states looking into her phone – “ its Mom, bhai…wait…”

She steps aside by turning behind and we all hear her say into the phone – “ hello mom…ahaan?you and dad..wana videocall right now??yes yes..i am with bhai..ummm ok…give me two minutes…will just call you…”

She hangs up and turns to us and looks at Rahul as she states – “ bhai..so mom and dad wana videocall..can we just step out and talk to them for a bit…??”

Rahul grins as he laces his hand around her shoulder – “ ofcourse junior..”and he looks at Anjlai , me and Akash and he states – “ this little one..is the apple of all our eyes…dad’s not going to be able to get any sleep until he sees her everyday……so if you will all just excuse us…we’ll be back in about fifteen minutes..”

I nod.

I am having a lot of trouble not staring at Khushi though.

Anjali looks at Akash, as she opens her hand to him – “ akash, give your room key no…they can talk there…but before that Rahul and khushi tell me what will you both have for dinner ok?We will place the order in the meanwhile?”

Akash grins and hands his room key to Anjali and Rahul just gestures to us that he will be back soon and Khushi just follows him out silently, after giving me and Akash a nervous smile again.

I hear Rahul’s cheerful voice coming from the doorway, before the door closes behind them – “ so…how was practice today junior??????”

And just as the door shuts, Akash looks at me grinning as he gestures us to walk back to our seats and he states – “ wow bhai..this truly is crazy…I mean Rahul’s little sister playing Cricket professionally too, for India Women…have you ever seen her Game??”

I say casually biting back my grin, as I take my seat – “ no I haven’t yet..maybe ill just tune into the highlights tonight…it will make Anjali very happy wont it???”

Akash grins – “ ofcourse….”

Right then theres a knock on our door and Akash says – “ must be Anjali…”.

I see him walk over to open the door and Anjali walks in besides him grinning and Akash says – “ god…Anjali this coincidence is unbelievable. For real…”

Anjali chuckles – “ I know right…can we order Dinner first guys? And then talk this over??”, she looks at me – “ bhai you will have your regular grilled chicken right?

I nod – with a grin.

Anjali to akash – “ ok akash cmon tell me what you want…I already know what Rahul wants and Khushi said she is going to have grilled chicken..so two portions of that one for khushi..one for bhai..”

My siblings are busy in ordering up Dinner Now.

And the Backs off My Head – are Just busy in Processing this Situation indeed.

What did Akash say?

Unbelievable.

Yup Right.

UN-FREAKING-BELEIAVBLE.

INDEED.

But you know what’s Believable?

The Truth.

What Truth?

It’s the Fact, that whether it was Supposed to be an Encounter by Chance or by Mandate( because of the ways our Siblings were in Love) – Life was nudging my Feet towards meeting Khushi, anyway.

And now I find myself thinking as to what I could term this Current Situation AS?

You know like I termed yesterday as a – Fortunate Stroke of Serendipity.So maybe the Scenario that just Happened around me – is like a - Setting off an Inevitable BeDazzle – Perhaps?

Ha!!

Yup.

I am Right.

Indeed.

C’mon Guys - you all tell me if this isn’t, a Setting off an Inevitable BeDazzle, then what Is?????????????

…………………………………

TADAAAAA!!!!!

Let me know what you guys think as always, you all know I love reading your feedback and comments.

Always.

………………………

Khushi knew about his being Anjali's brother, but the whole thing came as a shock to Arnav. He had no clue.

Superb wonder how long they will keep the secret 

Hellooo everyoneeeeeee

So here I am with the Next Update...got pushed later into  the Night..was finishing up on it after everyone Slept off...for I most definetly was in the mood to finish writing it before I slept..

Haha.

So its 8k plus Words Guys.

Please ignore editing/common repititon of words errors etc – since I have not proofread.

CHAPTER 6 – NOTHING 'UNSETTLING' ABOUT THIS ...YORKER?

@HILTON, NOTTINGHAM

ARNAV'S SUITE – 1015 PM

KHUSHI'S POV

Guys.

As You all already Know - the Cat is Out off the Bag.

Skipper Blue – now also knows me as the little sister of the man, his sister Loves.

So now – Its like...I need to tell you all a couple of Facts, before I proceed further to the Present Situation around me.

Fact 1 (it's a pretty obvious one but I shall mention it anyway)- When I am in my Focus on Cricketing Mode, and training and practising for it, I most definitely am in a different Focused Zone altogether, and my full energy and mind is focussed on Just the Game.

Now please pay a little more attention to Fact No 2. For Its a Fact you all don't know.

What Fact?

Fact 2 - That earlier today - every time my mind was off Cricket and when I wasn't in training time or practicing in the nets all through out the day- I literally had been feeling like a Bundle of Nerves, indeed, in anticipation of the evening ahead off me , in which I was going to be introduced to Skipper Blue, through my brother and Anjali.Like for Realllllllllllll.

I do want to give you all a brief context as to why the Insides of my Head were consumed in nervousness, until this "Cat is Out of the Bag" situation happened.

So.

I was basically very nervous, because I had like absolutely no clue as to how Skipper Blue was going to react to the Situation. And the nervousness actually kind off got triggered a lot more after our little Chat on WhatsApp, earlier during the day. ( Please note that, in my head, I did think that him taking my contact number the previous night and him asking me to text him when I had reached back safely – was like another Surprising turn off events to my Head indeed, which kind off left me all dazed and surprised again, but because he was so polite and genuinely sincere in the way he asked me for my contact details, I totally felt right to share it with him. And then add to that, the fact that he had texted me himself earlier during the day and mentioned that he had seen the Match and complimented and encouraged my game and even offered to help me on with his techniques for drives etc – totally was like another Pleasant Dazeddddd Surprise Dose of Injections to me for Real. Dose of Injections, that obviously made me so so so very Happyyyyyyy too. .And as I thought about our little chat during Lunch time – it all kind off cemented the realisation that Skipper Blue really was a True Sporting Grounded Gentleman, indeed. I mean – Cmon Guys he saw the Game and was offering to help me on with some techniques and even texted me about the same, all of which was surely because he obviously knew he was one of my cricketing Inspirations and this was him being all encouraging/motivating and supportive to a relatively new player in the India Women's National Squad).So then in my head, ever since then,I was thinking to myself – Skipper Blue has only been so kind and polite and encouraging towards me ever since we met and here on the other end, I was keeping this information about my brother and his sister from him, which obviously made me very nervous about his reaction– as in I was really worried that he would get offended or something that I knew about it all, but didn't tell him about it yesterday or even when we had that little chat earlier today).And that's precisely the reason, why I decided to text him with a little explanation from my end, whilst I was on the way to the room.(you know the text to which he replied that it was a message that flew above his head like one of my pull shots??).So I read that message right when I had reached the door to the room. But I couldn't reply to it – because all of a sudden , crazy nervousness overwhelmed and consumed me as worry started to rule over my Head. And I totally felt in that one moment, that this entire situation around Skipper Blue is coming at me like a Brilliant Yorker Delivery by the bowler, with its aim to unsettle me(the batter)at my crease. And well obviously in this case, the Bowler was my Charlie Chaplin, Life.

And only I know, how I gulped down my nervy turmoil and stepped into the doors, and well yes, the look of shock and surprise was very much evident in his eyes when he spotted me There which he masked almost immediately, but it had been visible enough for me to get a glimpse at. And to be honest everyone, for a second as he was rooted to his spot, I definitely thought that he wouldn't play along with the pretend bit I had requested him too for real – Yup, that's exactly how Nervous I was.

BUT.

But then he did play along it all – and I started to feel relief and ease gush and shower the nervousness away bit by bit.And ever since then as bhai and me returned to be with them after our talk with Mom and Dad – he's been all kool,friendly, polite and gentlemanly around me + totally playing along on the pretend bit as well – which is now kind off making a realisation go through my head , that maybe...I was fretting and getting Nervous over all of this for no Reason.

Apparently, there was nothing Unsettling about this Yorker, Swung my Way at all!!! As in... It turned out to be an Yorker that I could Bat too successfully and Not get OUT!!!!!

And guys, Skipper Blue has been so warm towards Bhai as well, which has totally put him into his comfort zone too. Like I never anticipated that my Superbro will get into his Comfort Zone around Skipper ASR, so soon – you know since he's also idolized this man half his Life. But well now that I think off it honestly – I wasn't kind off Uncomfortable around him too right?? Like you all already know that. And ofcourse, Anjali's is like a real sweetheart too, and Akash has also been so very friendly and nice to both Bhai and Me. Akash had been actively talking and making conversations with bhai and me too along with Skipper Blue and Anjlai, all throughout dinner.Akash even asked me questions about my cricketing journey starting as to when did I start playing, my domestic teams etc etc and while I was telling him about the latter, Skipper Blue pretended to be listening on keenly too as if he were hearing it all for the very first time – for Real.

Hence – its kind off safe to conclude that I most definitely feel that there's definitely something Super Duper Warm about all the three Raizada' Siblings, for Sure.

Ok.So.

Now – coming back to the Present, situation around me.So basically, we are all done with Dinner and everything and the atmosphere was very amicable and comfortable amongst us all, and I excused myself to use the restroom to just freshen up, whilst everyone was finishing up on Desserts. (I only indulge into my favourite desserts on my Cheat Meals guys, I otherwise follow a very strict nutritional schedule as advised by our teams Certified Nutritionist.) And just as i am stepping out into the room, my phone vibrates in the centre pocket off my Hoodie Sweatshirt.

I pick it out, as I close the washroom door behind me, and lean against the wall adjacent to the door now as I unlock my phone.

It's a Text from Skipper Blue.

I open the chat window on Whatsapp Immediately.

Him : all ok Khushi??

I take a deep breathe as I quickly reply.

Me : yes..Skipper Blue...all ok ofcourse! On that note – why would you ask that??

Him : maybe because you escaped dessert time Khushi? And Rahul just mentioned that the dessert we are all having is one of your favourites too.

I chuckle to myself as I quickly reply.

Me : oh yes it most surely is...

Him : then why aren't you having some?

Me : well that's because, there's still time to my Cheat Meal – Skipper Blue. We are all on a very strict nutrition regime as chalked out for us individually by our team's nutritionist...and I kind off have deserts on two days a week, and today isn't that day, by chance so yeahhh... You know how it works No. and also...I would like to ask you something... can i?

Him : oh yes I get it..completely...yes please ask me Khushi..

Me : you aren't like offended or something right? Or angry perhaps? Like for real????? Over the fact that I didn't tell you about bhai and Anjali before, as in that I knew before??? just in case if you are...I am sorry Skipper Blue, its just that it wasn't for me to Say..as in I obviously knew that bhai wanted to keep this bit as an ice breaker...so...yeah..

Him : what do you think Khushi? Am I offended?

I quickly type.

Me: well to be honest...You have been so very kind in obliging me with everything I requested off you...so my guess is that you aren't offended and have understood and connected the dots as to why I asked that off you...but still...its like I just thought to check it up with you and be sure about it.

My Phone beeps immediately.

Him : well you are right about that. I understood and connected the dots khushi....so yes none offense taken. So the application of that 'Sorry' from your end wasn't really needed.

Ok.That makes me Chuckle, as I quickly reply.

Me : hey Skipper Blue, don't steal my words ya...

Him : haha..very funny...ok listen khushi...I know it's a little over 1015 now as we'v been caught up with everyone.i just wanted to check if we are still on for our talk time around the Trent Bridge as scheduled?

Right then I hear my brother's voice fall into my ears , as it nears me – " Junior...all ok?? whats taking you so long???"

I don't reply to Skipper Blue's text yet as I put my phone back in my Hoodie's center pocket and I start to walk back into the common space and I bump into my brother along the way and he asks with a grin – " all ok??"

I nod at him – " ofcourse bhai all ok..."

He hugs me happily as he whispers into my ear – " it went good no Junior?? They are both so very kool...looks like I was fretting for no reason...",and I hug him back happily as I admit – " yes bhai..infact all of them are so very kool...anjali is such a sweetheart ya...bhai I am very happy for the two of you...".He kisses my head lovingly – " thank you junior...I love you...ok listen, are we good to leave in five minutes?? Anjali and me are cabbing it back..we will drop you on the way back to your hotel?? Is that Ok??"

I look up as I nod at him – " ok bhai...that'll be ok...", and I ask – " bhai but before we leave..i just want to say something to everyone...I mean you already know it...but like to Anjali, ASR, and Akash too...can i???"

He nods in an understanding and gives me a knowing look – " I know what you want to say...do you want me to talk about it to everyone..as in Anjlai already knows too, but if you are nervous about mentioning this to Akash or ASR..i can..."

I look at him – " no noo..im not nervous Bhai..i will say it myself..."

He nods at me and we walk back to the common space and Anjali, Akash give me a warm smile and Skipper Blue gives me a puzzled looks as he gestures towards his phone to ask me silently as to why I hadn't replied to his text yet...and I just blink back at him , hoping that he gets the gesture that I couldn't reply back because bhai came. And he blinks back in a Gesture now -which gives me the answer that he understood what I wanted to convey to him with my gesture.

Wait.

Whatttttttttt????

Did I just have a silent gesture exchange with Skipper Blue????? And we both could understand what the other was trying to say too???????? Howwwwwwwwwww??? I mean how did this just happen??

I gulp down my puzzlement over the same as Bhai sits next to me too and he states – " ok..Anj, Akash, ASR...so before we leave.. junior here has something to say..."

I see my brother exchange a gesture of the eye with Anjali and she gestures back to him silently with her eye too – in a silent Language.

Anjali smiles at me from across now – " go on Khushi..i think I already know what this is about...and please know you have my full support in advance as in you don't have to worry about it at all from my end, for I most definetly understand...".Akash and Skipper Blue are giving me puzzled looks now and Akash says – " go on Khushi...tell us.."

Skipper Blue shoots me a polite smile too as he states too biting back on his grin – ' go on Khushi...tell us...please don't be nervous at all..."

Our eyes Lock for a brief second, before I finally take a deep breathe and I smile at everyone in front off me nervously and I say honestly – " ok so..Akash...ASR...as in bhai and Anjali already know this...that's why they'v kind only disclosed about their relationship to only close group off their friends who they trust and well now that we all know too, as in us siblings, I would just like to be honest and admit this that even though I am very happy in my heart for both bhai and Anjali, ..i just want to keep this a secret for now from my end atleast...that my brother is in love with..Anjali Singh Raizada...who happens to be the sister of the Captain of the Indian Cricket Team...as in I am not going to talk to anyone in the team yet apart from just Jess, only she knows and has sweared to keep this a secret too..." and I look up at Skipper Blue nervously and the minute I spot a flash off puzzlement mixed with a little annoyance flash through his eyes I, immediately explain sincerely – " please don't get me wrong...but ...its only because I do not want anyone in the team to think that I am gloating /bragging/boasting about this....please o hope you understand...ASR..as in you are the Captain of the Indian Cricket Team, afterall...and I am just relatively new in the National Squad...so...look..i..i...",and before I can say anything more, Skipper Blue smiles at me politely as he states – " ofcourse Khushi...I get you...don't worry about it.."

I look at him nervously.His smile is polite and kind again..but the Crazy me is now worried agin – if I have offended him – again?

Akash smiles at me sincerely – " yes we all understand Khushi, don't worry about it..its totally understandable if you don't want to talk about it openly to the team yet..."

My brother looks at everyone as he states – " Akash, ASR...this is also the reason why Anjali and me have been so discreet about our relationship in our friend circle , only a few trusted close to us know..for now...because I obviously know that Junior has worked so very hard all these years to get selected into the National Squad, and now if the news off a sudden potential family connect in the background with Captain Arnav Singh Raizada's sister comes to light, I do feel that it can shift everyone's attention from her game, and from how good she is with the bat...I hope you understand ASR?? We will obviously eventually talk about it more openly as we get engaged in a couple of months down the line, and obviously it will all come to light as Anjlai and me tie the knot...but until then I just want to be discreet about it too giving Khushi some more time to showcase her talent with her game as being part of the National Squad.."

My eyes lock with Skipper's Blue nervously again as I wait for him to say something. He's deep in thought, all silent.I look down on my fidgeting hands nervously.

If he isn't Offended? then why is he Silent??

I think I have offended him Big Time.

Anjali gets up from her seat across off me and hugs me immediately now as she states – " oh cmon Khushi...don't be nervous...bhai understands....don't you bhai??cmon say something...all your silence is making both Rahul and Khushi nervous", and she sits next to me as she states narrowing her eyes at Skipper Blue – " bhai c'mon ya...why are you trying to be all intimidating with your silence...you understand don't you?? you did say initially that you do...then why are you all silent now"

Anjali is such a sweetheart, look at how she's trying to Balance the Situation.

Akash is looking at Skipper Blue all Puzzled too.

After one more minute of Silence, Skipper Blue finally takes a deep breathe as he states leaning back into the sofa casually with a side grin – " so Anj, remember how you mentioned earlier that I was too easy on Rahul..so this was just me trying to cover up for that, through this silence...",and he smiles at me politely as he states – " don't worry about it Khushi...I understand... I wouldn't want anyones attention to be steered away from your game at this point too..i know exactly how crucial the first year into the national squad is..."

I take a deep sigh of relief, and so do my brother and Anjali and they both hugs me sideways, before getting up to hug both Skipper Blue one by one happily too and Anjali nudges him playfully in the arm as she states- " bhai you scared the hell out of me ya...for once I thought for real , you'd get all annoyed..."

I shoot Skipper Blue a nervous smile again as our eyes lock briefly before I look away nervously, so that It doesn't get noticed by my brother and I see my brother hugging and thanking both Akash and ASR again for being so supportive and understanding and he states after a couple of minutes – " ok then...thank you so much ASR, Akash...we will take your leave now....and see you tomorrow..are we good to call the cab Anj?..."

Anjali states excited – " yes Rahul...and my dearest brothers...we are going to have an amazing day at the Sherwood forest reserve tomorrow...",and she looks at me and she asks – " are you sure you won't be able to join us all in Khushi??"

I admit shrugging my shoulders – " soorryy Anjali ya...we do have intense training and practice again tomorrow...so..."

Anjali states – "ill miss you Khushi...ok later on atleast?? Late evening?? For dinner??like today.."

I nod – " yup...ill try to make it after...for sure.."

Akash shakes his hand with me too – " it was really nice to meet you Khushi...see you tomorrow..."

After I am done shaking his hand, Skipper Blue shakes his hand with me as he says – " all the best for your practice and training tomorrow khushi.."

I shoot him a polite smile, shaking his hand – " thank you so much ASR..."

I hear my brothers voice now from behind me– " ok Anjali khushi..the cab's here..ok anj..we are going to make a quick stop to drop Khushi to her Hotel first...since it's a little over 1030 now..i want to make sure my junior's all safe and sound back in her hotel..cmon then..lets go..."

I immediately look at Skipper Blue for a second and our eyes lock, and the way his gaze is boring into mine right now, kind off unsettles me again with a lot of nervous suddenly, and I just say politely, pulling out my hand from his grip – " it was very nice to meet you ASR...thank you so very much..." and I greet Akash too politely and then follow my brother and Anjali out in silence.

I swear to You everyone – the Look ASR just gave me, served as a Unsettling Yorker for Real.

A Very Very Unsettling Yorker Indeed.

Why?

Because – I couldn't Comprehend what his Look meant Just Now.

I couldn't Understand it At All.

I am still on that thought as I hear Anjali ask me something and my brother laces his hand around my shoulder lovingly as we get into the elevator.

I am obviously engaged in a conversation with Anjali and Bhai now but in the back off my Head, I am still kind off trying to Comprehend what his last look into my eye meant.

DAMM – AN UNSETTLING YORKER YA GUYS.

I simply am unable to Comprehend it – at all.

ARNAV'S POV

OK.

Hello to you all.

Its been five minutes since Rahul, Anjali and Khushi left and Akash then too retired to his room.

Its 10:45 PM.

And I am pacing around my room as I am trying to re-analyse the array of the things I have felt all through out Dinner, uptil the time point everyone Left.

I will give you all a brief glimpse into my Head, but first I need to text Khushi.

Why?

Because I need to see her.

Even if its for a bit.

I just Have to.

I will explain – Why, while I am on my way to meeting her, once she confirms that she will be able to step out to meet me for a bit.

I dish out my phone as I text her immediately.

Me : Khushi...still with Rahul and Anjali in the cab? Or are you back at your hotel?

I wait for her to Reply.

My phone beeps.

Her : Still with bhai and Anjali, Skipper Blue.As in the cab is about to pull over in front of my hotel in like twenty seconds now.

I quickly text : I know its late...like around 1045 PM now...but can you step out for a bit to see me, exactly where we decided to catch up on tonight - yesterday?? If that's ok???

Phone beeps immediately.

Her : you mean like now now Skipper Blue???????????? Like At the Trent bridge??????

Me : yup that's exactly what I mean Khushi.if that's ok with you????.

I wait for her Reply.

It comes in a minute.

Her : ok so I just bid bye to bhai and Anjali, haven't yet stepped into the Hotel...I guess I can come to the Trent Bridge for a while, Skipper Blue...as in I did tell Jess and Mira di that I will be back a little later than now...I mean I did anticipate that will just get with everyone...so...yeah...yes I can...but only for a little while..i do want to make it back by Midnight...would that be ok?

I grin to myself.

Cinderella with a Bat – really has a thing for making it back By. Midnight.

Me : great...and yes ofcourse that's ok...so...im on way there now...I will see you there? I am cabbing it to that intersection point at the main road...ill wait for you there..ok??"

Her : ok Skipper Blue...I am cabbing it too...see you then.

Ok I am Rushing down to the Reception now, as I book my self a Cab to the point and it tells me that it will be here in four minutes.

Ok.

So four minutes of the wait to the Cab – and Five minutes Cab ride to Khushi.

I so have a couple of minutes to give you all a Glimpse into all that I was reanalyisng in the – workshop of the Feels.

So guys – first thing out, I anyway was having a great difficulty taking my eyes off Khushi all through out dinner and chilling time with everyone, as we were on that Pretend Mode.And I was really enjoying myself through it all as I saw her chatting up and mixing with both my Siblings. She was obviously chatting up more openly and often with Anjali because off the 'Rahul' connect and Anjali also filled me and Akash in over how she had met Khushi just the afternoon before we arrived and how the three of them had spent an amazing day together.And basically as some general, some cricketing, some Rahul-Anjali related conversations kept flowing through out dinner, even though I was technically on the Pretend Mode – its like, My Insides – weren't.

I just felt myself being more Drawn to her – the Smitten Meter amping up on its own accord, as her nervous gaze locked with mine on various occasions through out dinner, silently thanking me for playing along it all.

I also texted her, after she'd been gone for around a couple of minutes during desert time, because I was surprised to find my eyes searching for the sight of her after the first five minutes of her being gone. And I obviously wanted to meet her just one on one too, and that's when I had asked her about the same confirmation too.

But then well – I think Rahul got around to talking to her right then and she couldn't reply. And here I was trying to conceal my anticipation over her reply – when she went around saying how she even wanted to keep Anjali-Rahul, as a secret from her Team.And to be honest to you all, in my head as I heard her state the first bit - my first reaction was definetly puzzlement + mixed with a little Annoyance.(because I couldn't understand as to why was she so bent upon keeping it all a secret – she wanted to keep Rahul+Anjali secret too from her Team and that just made me feel really annoyed for a bit because I thought, if she wants to tell no one about them, she most definitely wouldn't ever want to mention the fact that she knows me otherwise too – to anyone, probably not to Jess even). And I was right in the middle of that Pool of Puzzlement + Annoyance trying to figure out as to why I was feeling so annoyed over this, when her explanation for the same fell in my ears. And the Vision off the sincere innocent look on her face, backed with sincerity shining in her eyes too as she voiced those words - " please don't get me wrong...but ...its only because I do not want anyone in the team to think that I am gloating /bragging/boasting about this....please i hope you understand...ASR..as in you are the Captain of the Indian Cricket Team, afterall...and I am just relatively new in the National Squad...so...look..i..i..." – went and Nailed itself right on the Pinboard at the back of head almost immediately and I knew instantly that It would be a Vision that would go around Dancing in my head, along with all the others that were, because that Sincerity shining through in her eyes and through her words – bedazzled me a lot more as I felt respect and admiration consume the Insides of my Head completely too, as it all sank in. And I felt all the Respect and Admiration be accompanied by Genuine Understanding too,and when I heard Rahul's point of view on the same, I felt my admiration and respect for him rise too as I realised that he really was a good Brother, watching out for his sister that way. I got him too and as I heard him out it, and it instantly rang a bell in my head that he was right to think what he was, because I obviously understood that any open news of the link of our families right now, could have the potential to shift everyone's eye from Khushi's game indeed, and she had only just started out in the national squad. And I too was off the same opinion, instantly – I most definitely didn't want anyone's focus to shift from her game to anything else at this point in her gaming career too. For I obviously know how overwhelming and disturbing it Is as a player when everyone starts to focus more on your personal life's details rather than Your Game.(I went through the same when I was dating Pia).

But what you all don't know is the reason why it took me a couple of minutes of a frozen silence before I was able to voice it out to everyone.My silence was being misunderstood as a annoyance and offense by everyone in front off me including Khushi , I knew – but to be honest in that silence, my mind wasn't silent at all. It was conjuring up a zillion thoughts in my head backed by my gut – that no matter what happened, secret or whatever, I had to find out a way to stay in Khushi's personal Life sphere – nonetheless. And not just because, she was now the sister of the man my sister loved. But because I was getting more and more convinced and sure in my Gut Instinct – that I had to find the way out to Woo/ Pursue her for Myself. I'v literally never had a Gut Instinct as Deep as the one I was having right now – with regards to any girl ever before. I most definitely have to follow it through – to see where it would lead Me.

And I think it was this honest intent off mine that was reflected through my eyes into the last eyelock with her before she left, and I knew instantly that she was confused and puzzled by my gaze on her, because she couldn't probably comprehend the fact/possibility that – she had truly Captivated me.

She really was Clueless about it all.

And well - I was obviously bummed over the thought that now that Rahul was going to drop her off – my chance off seeing her tonight one on one, had gone all flying out of the Window.That is why it was important for me to seek assurance about the same from her first, before giving you all a Glimpse into my Head.

I know you all might think its Strange – because not very long ago while I was on my way to the UK on the flight...I was thinking to myself that I want to stay cleer of everything with regards to personal matters for a while , and here I am, acting upon on my gut instinct to do just that. But well - then I Guess – this is what it means when they say, that Sometimes You find/ stumble across a Cue that can lead you to what you are subconsciously looking out for - when you least expect it too come your Way.

Hmmmmmmm.

Ok.

So. Everyone – the Cabs pulling up to the Point where I texted Khushi I will meet her.Gotta put a pause on the Inner Thoughts for a Bit and Rush out to meet Khushi, because its almost nearing 11pm now and I think she will want to leave around 1145Pm, because she wants to make it back by Midnight.

I feel my lips curve into a Smile on Reflex – now, as I settle the taxi fare and get out all grinning to myself, hoping to spot Khushi around, already. My Cab driver had to take the longer route here because of the one way from our side of the Hotel.Actually now that I think off it, I think I could have Jogged here faster than the Cab Ride.

Ha.Ha.

So yes, I am looking around for Khushi , my eyes searching to spot her profile, but because I do not spot her around, my grin shortens on its own accord. Where is she??

Me : Khushi..i am here.Where are you??

My phone beeps Immediately.

Her : oh you reached Skipper Blue? I reached a couple of minutes ago, so instead of waiting there... I just walked to the tree where we were sittng around yesterday. I am already here.

I smile as I read that.

I pace up in my walk towards her as I reply : ok then...see you in two minutes.

I actually end up jogging to the Spot around the tree where we sat and spoke yesterday and just as I reach there in a about 90 seconds – I find myself looking around for Khushi again.

I don't spot her.

She did say she was here already right???

I dish out my phone as I text her.

Me : ok then Khushi...I am here too.i can't spot you.

My phone beeps instantly.

Her : hehe...Skipper Blue...well that's because you are looking around in the wrong place ya...

Me : huh????

Her : look up Skipper Blue.I can see you. I am sitting on the first branch of this amazing Tree.

Waittttttttttttt.

Whattttttttttt???????

She's sitting on the Branch of this Tree????

I look up instantly from my phone now as I dish it back in my pockets, and I spot her almost immediately, leaning with her back against the tree trunk, sitting on the first branch of the tree Indeed, and I fold my arms across my chest amused and I ask – " why are you sitting up on a tree branch Khushi??"

Khushi gives me a sheepish smile as she states – "so, while I was waiting here for you to arrive Skipper Blue, I was just looking up at this tree...and just felt like sitting on this spot for a bit...the climb was too easy anyway..."

I grin – " yes I can see that its an easy climb Khushi...but you have matches to play right? What If you injured yourself???"

She chuckles – " oh cmon Skipper Blue, you know we sustain a lot more wear and tears in training and practice ya...like definetly a lot more than this Minor tree Climb...this is nothing..."

I nod – " well you are right about that ofcourse..."

EVERYONE – PLEASE NOTE, I AM HIGHLY AMUSED/INTRIGUED/DRAWN BY BOTH THE MOMENT AND HER AGAIN.(I mean I most definetly haven't had a conversation with any girl ever, with her Looking down on me from a Branch of a Tree)

Just how can I not be Affected the way I was?

She asks – " Skipper Blue...you do know how to climb a tree?dont you???"

I chuckle – " ofcourse I do..."

She grins – " tehn cmon up no...what are you waiting for??but please sit on the branch adjacent to mine no..as in the one behind me.."

I keep both my hands on my waist as I ask – " why?? You are too embarrassed to look into my face again or what today????"

Khushi nods innocently as she says – " yes Skipper Blue, I kind off am..."

I say – " I dare you to tell me why first..only then am I going to get on the branch behind you...or you know what...im coming up and sitting on branch right above you ...hold on.."

She states immediately– " oh...no ..no ..no Skipper Blue...please go on the branch behind me nooo...."

I just gesture her to let me be and she sighs with a look of such adorable dismay – that I fight the temptation to plonk myself on the same branch as hers, right upfront in front of her. But I know that will make surprise her instantly and I don't want to risk her falling down in nervousness ofcourse. So...I make my way up on the branch which is just a little above hers through the tree trunk easily and I plonk myself on it comfortably and I turn sideways, dangling my feet in the air as I look down at her frame and grin at her and I ask – " ok...cmon...tell me now...what are you so embarrassed about today haan??and just so you know its been ages since I indulged in a something as simple as climbing a tree Khushi...so thank you for the idea....."

I am so very glad that I can atleast see her Adorable face/ bewitching sparklingly expressive eyes easily – from my Spot.

She chuckles as she states nervously looking up at me – " well you are welcome Skipper Blue...ok...so...the context to the embarrasement...hmmm...ummm...so...I mean even though you did say you understood that entire secrecy request from my side, in front of everyone, I am obviously kind of still worried at the back of my head thinking that what if that offended you..in anyway whatsoever...please know that such was never my intention..for real...I was very honest in stating the reasons I did Skipper Blue...look whatever said and done...you are a legend off Indian Cricket..the Skipper of the Men in Blue...and a inspiration to so many of us in the Team...and if i...i...talk about...knowing Anjali or even you for the matter right now...I jus..t...goshh...ok how do I put this so that I explain it out better perhaps......ummm...", she pauses and looks away from me looking at the ground now, dangling her legs into the air, nervously for a couple of seconds and she looks up again as she states innocently and sincerely – " look...I truly just don't want anyone to think that I am trying to gloat/boast/brag about knowing you Skipper Blue...Infact...i..i.....yesterday...."

And I gesture her to pause with my hand as I state honestly – " you don't need to explain on the former point anymore Khushi..for I understand for real...I understand what you mean completely...and I respect your point of view...please know I meant what I said too...but yes tell me about the latter please...what about yesterday???"

She looks at me nervously and she states – "well to be honest to you.. I came out running here because I was so very nervous at the thought off being introduced to you through Anjlai and Bhai...as in...I never thought id ever meet you that way too...as in I always used to think...ill meet you on the field some day with my full squad around me....like you know in a formal cricketing setting.."

I chuckle as I say on reflex, totally content with the view into her expressive eyes right now.My chuckle is on the verge of erupting into a laughter though – " really??????"

She narrows her eyes at me as she states now – " yes yes...really...and obviously look how my Charlie Chaplin life made you meet me even before that....what ya Skipper Blue...you are all biting back on you laugh again..."

I burst into a little laughter naturally now which makes her laugh through her sheepishness too and after a couple of minute she states softly looking up at me – " you have no idea how nervous I was before stepping in through the door earlier tonight Skipper Blue...but well you were so kind and friendly through it all once again that I eventually realised that apparently there's nothing unsettling about this Yorker at all....you know how like bowlers bowl these excellent yorkers in the death overs in order to unsettle us batters and we get all intimidated by it...but then you eventually realise that sometimes you can definetly hit a yorker easily for a single atleast, and if not that you can atleast defend yourself and not get out...if you read the yorker and time your stance accordingly...but well turns out there wasn't any need for me to get so nervous...the yorker my life bowled at me, turned out to be a kind gentlemanly yorker indeed...."

Ok.

Waittttttttttttt.

What did she just say?????

Did she just refer to me as a Yorker???

How can I not be fascinated by the way her Head works?

Before I can reply to her, I end up laughing a little bit more for a couple of minutes which makes her laugh once again too and she states through her laughter – " your laugh is contagious Skipper Blue...it surely is...",and I nod at her through my laugh gesturing her in a I know gesture before I pause on my giggles a couple of minutes later and I ask – "so...just rechecking... did you just refer to me as a Yorker Khushi??please know that No ones ever made that comparison ever..."

She chuckles as she admits – " well what ya.... not you Skipper Blue....the situation around yes most definetly yes...",and she pauses and closes her eyes embarrassed as she states – " well...ok fine...lets just be honest....i meant it as a reference to you too...what can I do ya Skipper Blue...look at all that happened..."

I chuckle as I say – " I understand...khushi...but you do affirm that you feel that there's nothing unsettling about this Yorker na?? as in the Yorker isn't making you uncomfortable at the crease, I hope?"

She opens her eyes now , a flash of relief evident in them as she asks softly – " you understand don't you??like for real??". I nod and she smiles and says sincerely – " and yes, I do affirm that there's absolutely nothing unsettling about this Yorker at all...for sure...I am very comfortable at the crease for real...like I said..the yorkers a kind one no..."

I chuckle on reflex and I say taking a deep breathe, locking my eyes with her now – "well thank you for that Khushi...I am very glad to hear that...and yes I do understand...for real...and...khushi..please know that my admiration and respect for Rahul also grew tenfolds ...when I heard his point of view over as to why he wants to keep it a little low too for now for...I most definitely know how it feels as a player when everyone's focus shifts from the game performance, be it for whatever reason..."

She asks softly almost instantly – " you mean you know because that's what happened to you too for a while no...I mean...as in when you were dating Pia, that's what the tabloids /media would always want to question you about whilst you both were dating and after too...."

Ofcourse – she would know about my very public dating History with Pia.

Everyone knew.

Godammit.

I nod silently.

She says instantly and sincerely – " Skipper Blue..im sorry...I shouldn't have..i mean..it just came out on reflex..."

I shrug my shoulders as I say sincerely – " don't be sorry about it please...I know everyone knows...it was all quite public...I know..."

She gives me a smile as she asks holding up two fingers too me– " well on that note...I want to say two things..can I Skipper Blue?? Actually three...",and she adds up one more finger to her hand as she waves her three fingers out to me – adorably.

I chuckle naturally again as I state – " yes please...go on..."

Khushi smiles – " well number 1 – Pia is Gorgeous, I mean I do like her movies she's really good at what she does...number 2 – so you know when the two of you were dating Jess would always be like the two of yours ardent shipper...she would always be like ASR + Pia Chopra, a match made in heaven indeed...and when the two of you broke up...she was so so very upset you know..she was all like what ya Khushi...I was looking forward to see the wedding pictures soon...and what do I wake up too a break up news...why...just why...she literally sulked over it for one week...for real..."

I ask instantly wanting to know her answer to this – " really? Did she now?? what are your thoughts on the same??"

She gives me a sheepish smile as she states – " well to be honest...you both obviously made a crackling pair ya Skipper Blue...all of India was shipping you two...soo yeah...Duh...I guess I was too at some point..."

God.This one..she's so Innocently Simple and Transparent.And Clueless too – she literally has no clue as to why I asked her this. She's completely oblivious to the fact that she's tiptoed her way into my Head – in the ways she Has.

I have gotta take it very Slow and Steady with this One.Perhaps?

Iv still got my gaze locked with hers intently and she states nervously now waving the third finger to me – " so anyway...coming to the point no 3 that I was saying...I think it was very classy of you Skipper Blue to not talk about the real reason of your break up, publicly...I mean...not that I know what happened, but there were so many speculations in the media going on right...and people tried to pry it out of both of you...and I think it was very classy that you never about it or spoke any ill of her, I really respected that about you...and I think it was the same for Pia too..."

I admit – "thank you so much for that Khushi...and well yes...she didn't ever speak about the reason or ill of me too... we both decided on that mutually as we called it off..."

And I am anticipating her to ask me about the real reason behind the break up, but Khushi smiles instead and she states – "and I think its great that you both followed it through.....as in it gets difficult to follow these things through na sometimes, when theres so much media pressure...with everyone prying over your head...so good on you both Skipper Blue...for that.."

Is she not going to ask me about the reason why I broke with her at all???

And right then her phone buzzes in her pocket and she takes it out and states looking into her phone – " ok Skipper Blue..that was my alarm...I need to reach back in fifteen minutes, so that I can make it back to the room by five minutes too Midnight..."

I chuckle as I ask – " did you really put an alarm???"

Khushi looks up at me now – " yes ofcourse...Skipper Blue...Cmon then..i am going to get off this tree first..."

CINDERELLA – INDEED.

THE ONLY DIFFERENCE – SHE'S THE ONE PUTTING THE ALARMS FOR HER VERY OWN SELF.

HAHA.

I see her climb down with great ease and I follow after her immediately now and I ask genuinely hoping she'd say otherwise, even though I know shes got practise and training tomm– " so you really cant make it all ?? like during the day? To join us all in the day trip to the Sherwood forest reserve???"

Khushi chuckles as she states putting her Hoodie back on her head now – " no yeah Skipper Blue...we are really amping on our training and practice really hard...you know exactly how It is..."

I bite back my disappointment as I ask – " well I understand ofcourse...you will make it for Dinner though right? Or later evening?? And we are also meeting here tomorrow again if that's ok as in after dinner with everyone??"

Khushi's eyes widen in surprise as she asks – " we are going to meet here again tomorrow Skipper Blue??"

God – I think its her Cluelessness that's like a Yorker in my Face right now.

I nod as I say folding my arms across my chest – " yes ofcourse...you know since we couldn't talk about your remaining of the Inspirational men in blue list today...and you also didn't get your blue book of cricketing observations..."

Khushi chuckles as we start to walk back now – " well oh yes...I forgot all about that ya in my nervousness and totally forgot to get my notebook along..and the topic didn't go to the list too...oh you know what? I saved your number in my phone as Mr Stranger...since that's what I called you first..."

I chuckle as I look at her amused – "really?? Mr Stranger?? are you for real????"

Khushi chuckles – " yes yes...you too please put some code word for me ok??? don't save my name as Khushi...I just...look I am sorry...",and looks at me sheepishly as we continue walking – " you understand why..don't you?? I don't want to talk about meeting you first in the way I did yesterday this way first to even Jess or bhai or anjali...yet because...I think it might come across as to awkward to them maybe??"

I smile at her reassuringly – " yes..khushi..i understand..i get it and before you ask me if I am offended or anything again..i will tell you that I most definetly am not..."

Khushi grins as she states happily – " see...that's why...I say...that you are such a kind Yorker Skipper Blue...like....for real...let the bowlers bowl me a yorker as kind as this one in the death...ill yank it with a pull shot straight into the air for a Sixer...indeed..."

God.This One.

She really Cracks me Up.

We share a warm laugh and just as we near the cross section which parts to two separate ways, I find myself wondering as to why did it feel as if the distance to the walk back shortened on its own accord? Or was it the time that flew...perhaps?

Khushi looks at me as she states with a wave of her hand – " ok...bye then Skipper Blue...ill see you later..then..."

I grin at her and I wave a bye at her too – " please text me when you reach back safely...or call the cab maybe??"

Khushi rolls her eyes – " no cabbing Skipper blue...the cab anyway took me longer to reach here first...I could have jogged faster...the cars have to take longer routes by default no...it's the Bus no 11 which can wade its way through around shortly...I will text you surely...",and I think she spots the confusion in my eyes as I am trying to comprehend what she meant by that Bus No 11, and she states gesturing to her legs with a grin – "oh... you know..the bus no 11 that we walk on..."

I nod as I admit with another fond chuckle – " ohkkk.. I get you now... Khushi..."

She grins – " ok so umm...well..bbye now..good night to you Skipper Blue.."

"good night Khushi..."

And she turns around on her heel and sprints away in the direction of her Hotel and just like yesterday I watch out for her disappearing figure until it is in my Line of Vision – fondly, and once she is out of my line of vision I make my way to the hotel too.

Minutes later, as I am nearing my Hotel, my phone beeps in my pocket.

Its Khushi.

Her : Skipper Blue...so since you asked me too...messaging to let you know that I have reached safely.Have you reached back too??

Me : I will reach in two minutes.thank you for texting me Khushi. You going to sleep now?????

Her : no no...ya...Jess is going to keep me up for an hour as we play PS and catch up..

Me : ok then...happy playing PS..play some on my behalf too.

Her : I most definetly will Skipper Blue.

Me : will you message me in the morning whether you won or Jess did, when you played on my behalf??

Her : you want me to message you in the morning about the same like for real???

I chuckle to myself.

Ofcourse I wanted her to message me because I wanted to hear from her.

She's so freaking Innocently Clueless – am I crazy to find that even more Mesmerising??

Me : yes ofcourse for real Khushi.i do not like to loose in PS at all...so you better win when you are playing from my side ok??

Her : okkkkiessss Skipper Blue, then I shall try to win the PS game from your behalf like Pakka* infinity se!!

I grin to myself.

Me : really? Pakka* infinity se???

Her : yes yessssss....ufffff...you are back to taking my case again Skipper Blue...I know...Ok bye now...goodnight.

Me : bbye Khushi...goodnight to you too.

I resume my walk to the Hotel grinning to myself again.

Yup.

I was right.

Her Cluelessness – is Probably really like an Yorker in my Face too for Real, and its also a Yorker that I probably am going to keep facing for a while.

But Hey...

I am not complaining Guys.

Ask me why???

Because – APPARENTLY THERE'S NOTHING UNSETTLING ABOUT THIS YORKER AT ALL.

It's Truly and Undoubtedly the Most Charming/Mesmerising Yorker – I have ever come Across in all of My Life, until Now.

TADAAAAA!!!!!

Next Update : Tomorrow Night or Wednesday Evening

Always.

She had to skip dessert, and a favorite one at that? the sacrifices that get made for the sports.

She climbed up a tree and sat there, so he can't see her. bet he wasn't expecting that one.