Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

flipfl0p thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: BettyA1

The comedy wouldn’t have been so effective without Manorama (Chachi) 

Is Chachi's name Manorama? My neighbour aunty had called her Tun Tun. I had presumed, that's her name. 

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: flipfl0p

Is Chachi's name Manorama? My neighbour aunty had called her Tun Tun. I had presumed, that's her name. 

Yes the actress’ name is Manorama

Tun Tun was a diff one, a singer and comedian who was also horizontally challenged...

Owing to her popularity Tun Tun was synonymous with horizontally challenged women in India according to Wiki... That could be the reason Aunty referred to as TunTun?

Anyway found out that Manorama was half Irish, half Indian, her real name was Erin Isaac Daniels

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: flipfl0p

Ditto. When I did not know about political correctness as a child. But I hesitated to post it. Your post made me feel less guilty to acknowledge it. 

I think majority of the people who watch the movie laugh at the line but are afraid to say it openly. It’s not so much the line itself but it’s the way it’s enacted. Despite being a witch to Seeta the Chachi seemed to be saying “neeche aja beti” out of genuine concern. The way Geeta calls her “moti” so casually, hanging off a fan. 🤣

coldbrew thumbnail

I like Sri's movie because she's very entertaining and convincing, so is Rajnikanth ... and also because my b'wood experience and relatability don't go any further back than that.

kyapa thumbnail

@ horizontally challenged 🤣

WhiteNights thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Chaalbaaz without a contest ❤️

Having said that Hema Malini was totally adorable and amazing in SAG too. One of the earliest films where the female lead was The Hero.

harun98 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Sridevi in chaalbaaz man. She made people cry and laugh, I loved her in both characters, hema can’t emote well the way Sridevi does.

Sea-stars thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Hema's acting and role more powerful than Sri's.

Pr1yanka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Very tough choice...both were quite good

w4always thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Sri Devi was awesome but Hema was a class apart. The scenes in the police station - shes just brilliant in those

Edited by w4always - 3 years ago