Part 2: 2

Part 3: 5

Part 4: 7

Part 5: 9

Part 6: 12

Edited by Samasya - 3 years ago
Posted: 3 years ago

chapter 1

So what exactly is the problem? Naintara's family is not agreeing to to get her married to Dev?

chapter 2

His declaration really upset her. The idea of him never in love was too much.

MAAN...MAAN! the urgency in his mother voice made him run down the stairs. His heart pounding half from run and half from the fear. Myriad of thoughts clouding his mind.

He had just returned from college. IN college It left like burden lifted of his aching soul after baring his heart to geet. After crying by her side. He was relieved. But it was all momentary. He realised it When geet wasn't waiting for him. she was gone. Weird. She never left without him. He felt agitated. A new restlessness settled in. An urge to call her. Enquire of her where about. He called. The unanswered calls, only aggravated his misery.

“Take dev to the room”

Sudha their mother told him. Her eyes moist and voice raised then her usual tone.

Surendra their father and Aditya  , dev’s friend was supporting Dev to stand. His shirt half untucked. Soiled pant. His otherwise handsome Face marred with heavy beard. Spectacles slipped near tip of his long nose. Swirls of emotion flooded him. Pity, pain, anger, helplessness, and love which twitched at the side of his throat and a lump swallowed.

Their otherwise  proud father appeared shattered and ashamed. And tired. Sudha wrinkles found place in her face.

Adi helped maan take Dev to his room.

“ sharab hi baki rah gayi thi woh suru kar di sahabzade ne” he heard his father say. 

Sudha sat their watching her husband leaving and unconscious Dev being carried to his room. 

Gloom swirled in the atmosphere, thick with tension and apprehension . The responsible elder son of the house have now  taken on liquor to subdue his grief. Didn't they meant anything in their son's life that for a mere girl who was in his life not more than year he tried to end his life. The life they nurtured delicately with utmost love and care. Isn't it his life is theirs. NOT for once the thought crossed his mind how will they survive if he dies. Curse the so called love for God's sake. Curse the love.

Maan settled  dev after taking off his shoes.

“Thanks Adi Bhaiya” maan said in gratitude which adi nodded “anytime maan” and left.

“What you have became Dev bhai..” he sat beside Dev caressing his head

Who would believe Dev Khurana his big bro, his ideal, the responsible son could make a such a pitiable sight. A laughing stock. Who to blame?  Huh! Who else could be?. I. The bloody he, himself responsible for his beloved Dev bhai condition. Had he not spill the bean of Dev Bhai’s love. Had he not!  

Sudha had been very much interested in Nidhi, the girl she saw in Deepak’ their first cousin reception. After Surender,  gave his assent  to the impending  proposal. Maan found it imperative to enlighten the parents of Dev's love interest. Knowing dev would happily marry the girl sacrificing Naintara bhabhi then to  admit his affinity shamelessly in front of Papa and mummy.

Sudha didn't like Naintara much she still agreed if its Dev's choice. Her happiness lies in his.

Surendra too registered his consent saying “bachcho ki khushi mein hi hamari khushi hain"

Sudha arranged all the material needed for Sagun overnight.

Dressed in yellow sari she was arranging Sagun ki Thal. Her eyes settled on Her two boys descending the stairs. Maan prancing happily clung to sudha.

“Mummy , Dev bhai is looking dapper, isn't he? Seems like after casting his charm on bhabhi...he wants to impress her family too" 

Blatant remark made Dev turn crimson. He looked down adjusting his spectacles.

“He is...” Sudha took few currency notes rolled over Dev. “Take away the evil eyes"

..My boy is made of gold"

“Yeah I am only the iron boy”maan whined “moreover girls dies for iron man” he giggled 

“You are my diamond little bro" Dev ruffled his hair. Dev was 6 year old when Maan was born. A small brother was more than he could ever asked for in otherwise lonely childhood. He pampered him to no end. Dev too became his favourite person. As the little boy grew and Enjoyed being his little bro.

“Bhai you always spoil my hair"

“If preparation are done...may we move now” said surendra existing the door of drawing room.

They happily left to ask for Naintara hand.

“Dev must have told we are Trivedi and prefer to give our daughter in caste only" Naintara father spoke firmly. He send a bitter glare to Naintara who was placing refreshments on the centre table between the two families. 

“Naintara inform us of your arrival this morning only.... Otherwise we preferred not to cause you trouble of visiting us”

Acidic the remarks made Sudha blood boiled. The bride family hurling insults at them since a they stepped in their house. The proffered  Sagun ki thal was returned by her mother saying it was required. When Naintara was to bent to touch their feet, her brother pull her harshly. She felt foolish to come their door and bear such an humiliation but instead of her she found her husband speak

“Was Naintara oblivious of your abhorrence to inter caste alliance ?”

“No.”

He lowered his gaze  first time in entire conversation picking in the insinuation behind the query.

Surendra firmly joined both hand which was reciprocated in same magnitude.

Sudha too wanted to say many things but she just swallowed.

“Dev chalo” it did reach him. He just kept staring Naintara who stood at the corner of room her head dipped. 

“Bhai come we had enough” Maan had to literally drag dev of their house. The insult and humiliation they first sitting idly for about an hour observing the decor the house. Maan could see the world beyond love. Its harsh reality. Shackled in chains of class, caste and religion. In real life, things are ugly they are not same as in  fictions or  romantic novel. He was jolted to reality. The love saga are fantasy to admire from afar. Once you try to come near it will burn you like a flame does to moth. But Dev wasn't he still believed in love.

Maan held his hand. The scar was still quite fresh. The long slit across his wrist. 

“Please bhai...for god sake forget her bhai"

Maan cried holding his hand as a bout of guilt hit him again.

Thank you for updating

Part 3 

painful and Awesome update

Maan had seen how Naitara,s  family insulted the 

Khurana family and now  he feels that this world 

is harsh while love only exist  n movies and novels .

its  sad that Dev`s parents finally agreed to accept 

Naintara just for Dev`s sake  but even Naintara

did not stand up for Dev 

Thanks for updating...

Toh yeh baat hai... All because of inter caste marriage...

I feel sad for Dev...

Par Maan, he should by now realised that something is a miss that Geet left the college without informing him...

I hope he realises the pain he unknowingly gave her...

Aur kya Geet pehle batane ki koshish bhi karegi!!! I wonder nahi toh pata kaise chalega???

Edited by Maaneet-Cia - 3 years ago

But his next word swept the earth away under her feet.

Mine too...saari duniya ek si nahi hoti maan!

nice update...really captured geet's emotions well

painful...oh god!! dev is heartbroken all because of caste. Naintara should have talked at her home before inviting them to come. it is humiliating