Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HearMeRoar thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Was she talking in context of BLM or about what happened to the elephant?

If it's the latter, the backlash is ridiculous. The world doesn't end on American shores. The United States is not the center of the universe. She was talking about something which happened in her own country. Whether she was educated in the States is immaterial in the elephant context. 

IF she was talking about the elephant, the backlashers are a bunch of self-important nincompoops trying to adopt somebody else's problems to signal virtue.

If she were actually talking about BLM, well then... she's racist or ignorant or both.

Cookies.. thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: RegressiveThug

People don't understand that AllLiveMatter in Indian context isn't an obnoxious counter to the BlackLiveMatters like it is in US.

Lekin khair chorro, as I always say:

Is this an appropriate time to go about hashtagging All Lives Matter in "Indian Context" when #BlackLivesMatter is such a heated movement right now?! NO. So why use it?! You can use ANY other hashtag. I'm sure the English dictionary has more words. This just demonstartes ignorance especially because she is an influencer and a Bollywood celebrity who does have a GLOBAL reach. 

Renee.Clare thumbnail
Most Liked (January 2024) 1 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Cookies..

Is this an appropriate time to go about hashtagging All Lives Matter in "Indian Context" when #BlackLivesMatter is such a heated movement right now?! NO. So why use it?! You can use ANY other hashtag. I'm sure the English dictionary has more words. This just demonstartes ignorance especially because she is an influencer and a Bollywood celebrity who does have a GLOBAL reach. 

I agree to it, these celebrities just copy paste but don't have time to write things in detail, that itself says it's all for show off, they actually don't care. Even if she meant it for elephant, she could have written about Elephant separately.  You are famous and you do have responsibility, if you get fame, that will be at some cost. Post something if you genuinely care about something, don't do it just because everyone is doing it. Otherwise, they should keep their mouth shut. 

Edited by Renee.Clare - 3 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

The United States is not the center of the universe.

I mean it kind of is tho đŸ˜†

Isnt it the Oscars everyone and their mothers are dying for. Not the Filmfare awards. An I don’t wanna sound like a Jerk but I’m literally just telling the truth đŸ˜†

The fact that this BLM thing got so much traction outside of USA speak of the reach USA has. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Renee.Clare

I agree to it, these celebrities just copy paste but don't have time to write things in detail, that itself says it's all for show off, they actually don't care. Even if she meant it for elephant, she could have written about Elephant separately.  You are famous and you do have responsibility, if you get fame, that will be at some cost. Post something if you genuinely care about something, don't do it just because everyone is doing it. Otherwise, they should keep their mouth shut. 

Posting is just platitude 

Donate your time and try to fix the problem l. Putting up a black image in your insta really doesn’t do much at all. đŸ˜† 

It just makes those of us who scroll insta very tired đŸ¤Ł

aurora-borealis thumbnail

If she wanted to shed light on the current issues in India, why not do so with a different statement?  It’s disgusting and tone-deaf to post a graphic that scratches out the word “Black” to replace it with AllLivesMatter, a statement that’s notoriously used to silence the movement and voices of activists who’ve spent years fighting for the cause, to reach the pinnacle it has reached today. BLM is a movement for justice and equality,  It is not a trendy statement or one you can alter per your liking. Smh.

One doesn’t have to be from the US to empathize with the oppression of fellow human beings suffering at the hands of racial injustice and police brutality in their own country. If you’re unaware of the currents it doesn’t take much to educate yourself. Information is readily available and a click-away. There is no excuse to be so ill-informed  especially in the case of Sara, someone that boasts of her Ivy League “education”. 

nonam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Rangeelaa

She didn't address the issue she just deleted the image. And she did learn, that's what makes all of this more disgusting. She has a poli science degree what more is there to learn?

Granted I'm not in an Ivy League school but I would imagine all Poli Science program to be generally the same, Ivy league being more in-depth. 

Like she has to know issue there is no excuse, you can't learn the political history of US and skip over racism, segregation. And living in New York, you can't ignore what was going on. She lived here when the deaths of Tamar Rice, Sandra Bland & Eric Garner (his was in NY) happened. They were all over the news here, there were protests happening. Unfortunately, those cops got away but still, people were outraged. 

Unless you get a degree just for show, she had Ranveer sing about her degree and give her a standing ovation during SImba promo what was the use of the degree if you didn't learn from it?

either way, it was an insensitive post and she should have just said nothing.

Edit: Omg I didn't even see her original post, it was a poster with black scratched off and stating "All lives matter" GIRL!! 

& how are her fans turning that post around to be about an elephant?!!! Black was specifically scratched out this was in reference into the BLM movement

maybe in a moment of lapse of judgement, she copy pasted that to support the animal rights, but when she realized she took it down.  I am in the middle of the riots, and am continuously watching the news and am completely aware and support BLM, and I was going to make a sign for it and "all lives matter" came in my head, but then I realized that was the slogan used by the opposite side.  but it still took me a few minutes to have that realization.   the slogan is so inappropriate because for them black, brown lives nothing matter but it is a catchy slogan, and shows them in a better light than their racist ideals but still it sticks in your head.   So forgetting that for  a moment doesn't make her wrong when she took it down, just makes her human.  at least she is putting the effort to support the animal rights, she just should have some thought before placing the post.

and to belittle her Ivy League education for one mistake, an instagram post, is just inexplicable, I doubt anyone of us would be able to get in , let alone graduate in 3 years from Columbia.

Edited by nonam - 3 years ago
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Cookies..

Firstly here I am not talking about Sara.

I already put my views in first page that she like any likes wanting duffos, shared that pic (which was about an elephant). So if you guys are going to question it, you guys have full right, given Sara's show off about her educational background.

Secondly, I am talking about Indians in social media are sharing AllLiveMatters because of the trends which followed, after BlackLiveMatters trended, people started bashing those posting it, asking them "you stayed silent during Delhi Riots, why are you speaking now", which resulted in some starting to posts, "Blacks, Migrants, Poor, Muslims, Dalits lives matter", and than this led to some asking, "what about others", which led to "All Lives Matter", and than that pregnant elephant died, and we completed the cycle of "All Lives Matter, with 🐘 included".  And Sara just copy pasted one of those posts, she didn't made it herself, I don't think she is that smart. Yes it is wrong for her, who with her so called political education in US should have known what BlackLiveMatters means, and people are correct to criticise her for that, but there are certain Indian liberal groups in social who are hell bent on making it like, "Oh Indians are doing this AllLiveMatters because they are fascists who support's oppression of Blacks". Which isn't the case.

So AllLiveMatters in Indian context isn't an obnoxious counter to the BlackLiveMatters. It actually has nothing to do with BlackLiveMatters.

TrustNo1 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: hereagainbolly

pls tell me this is sarcasm

it's not. And I agree with her. Every life matters, irrespective of sex, race, region or religion.

In US more white people are killed by the cops than black people yet I haven't seen any "protests" by them. 

I don't support these protests either which are just organized loots in the name of protests. 

It just makes me sad that how these thugs are ruining innocent peoples livelihood.

Haegeum thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: zoinks

Kuch mahine pehle BEST bus ke liye rone wale, jo students ko andha kar dena, maar dalna justified samajh rahe the, ab seeti taali baja rahe hai All Lives Matter ke liye.

AllLivesMatter as long it’s not JNU students, Jamia students etc  đŸ™ƒ. 

Edited by Peek-A-Boo - 3 years ago