Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Cookies.. thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

Bollywood celebs are ignorant and highly clueless about most things. They just act as if they are "woke" and "aware" when we all know they live in their own little superior bubble of delusions.

And for all those saying that India never oppressed black people, let me tell you that the South Asian community in the West STILL carry their colorist mentality they learnt back home that "light skin is better". Indian Aunties in Canada and USA, living here for decades will say the worst things so casually as if its normal. Colorism is a HUGE issue in India weather you accept that or not. So please. Also, I know that racism and colorism are two different issues that stem from different parts of history BUT they both include the oppression of individuals due to their skin color. Their DARKER skin color. 

Sara has been educated in New York so this is not something she is unaware of. Sara was the one who went on Barkha's show to say that if you want to be fair, put some powder on and if you want to be tan, put bronzer because you can't change people's mentality so you should be happy with yourself. PLEASE. It is very easy to say things you have not personally experienced. Name ANY top Bollywood actress that is even slightly dark? NONE. It is not simply about being happy with your color but the discrimination, trauma, and lack of opportunities you have to deal with for something that is out of your control. For a nation that is so heavily influenced by cinema, these moronic celebrities say such stupid shit so casually because they have never faced that level of discrimination or they find this to be normal. This is not a "trend". 

This makes me very sad. It truly does because I have black friends and if you see the dispair and devastation some of them are facing, it is heart breaking.

nonam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Maraka_Musso89

That's just insensitive of her. If she doesn't understand the issue then she should refrain from saying anything. 

I'm an advocate of the freedom of speech but it should be done with a certain  understanding of the matter. In the age of the Internet, it's not complicated to educate oneself on a subject especially since English is certainly her first language.

but as soon as she realized her mistake, she took it down

so at least she is willing to learn

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Hilarious so only people who tweet in support of Black lives matter are intellectual and knowledgeable. 😆 Celebs are stupid when they can get lot of claps m whistles by just making a random post on BLM. Sara should learn from Kareena. Who called some one kalli billi is hailed on this forum.👏

Pseudo liberals who themselves living in a bubble of delusions making comments on others.😳

They don't even understand how they are getting used like a piece of tissue paper. 

What most worrisome is the one genuinely protesting and care are getting maligned with the one who are just taking advantage of these protests..

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Zeal17

Hilarious so only people who tweet in support of Black lives matter are intellectual and knowledgeable. 😆 Celebs are stupid when they can get lot of claps m whistles by just making a random post on BLM. Sara should learn from Kareena. Who called some one kalli billi is hailed on this forum.👏

Pseudo liberals who themselves living in a bubble of delusions making comments on others.😳

They don't even understand how they are getting used like a piece of tissue paper. 

What most worrisome is the one genuinely protesting and care are getting maligned with the one who are just taking advantage of these protests..

People don't understand that AllLiveMatter in Indian context isn't an obnoxious counter to the BlackLiveMatters like it is in US.

Lekin khair chorro, as I always say:

vsbarry thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

She’s ignorant like most celebs about this. If you can’t relate to it and understand what black lives matter means in the context of what it means for America. Don’t say anything. 

GumGum thumbnail

Kuch mahine pehle BEST bus ke liye rone wale, jo students ko andha kar dena, maar dalna justified samajh rahe the, ab seeti taali baja rahe hai All Lives Matter ke liye.

slumgod.. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

There are two type  of people who write All Lives Matter,

1. Those who dont really know what BLM stands for. They are simply ingorant but their intention  is not bad.

2.Then there is another breed of people who know what stands for but they want to undermine the racism faced by black people by bringing ALM to counter BLM.

Rangeelaa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: nonam

but as soon as she realized her mistake, she took it down

so at least she is willing to learn

She didn't address the issue she just deleted the image. And she did learn, that's what makes all of this more disgusting. She has a poli science degree what more is there to learn?

Granted I'm not in an Ivy League school but I would imagine all Poli Science program to be generally the same, Ivy league being more in-depth. 

Like she has to know issue there is no excuse, you can't learn the political history of US and skip over racism, segregation. And living in New York, you can't ignore what was going on. She lived here when the deaths of Tamar Rice, Sandra Bland & Eric Garner (his was in NY) happened. They were all over the news here, there were protests happening. Unfortunately, those cops got away but still, people were outraged. 

Unless you get a degree just for show, she had Ranveer sing about her degree and give her a standing ovation during SImba promo what was the use of the degree if you didn't learn from it?

either way, it was an insensitive post and she should have just said nothing.

Edit: Omg I didn't even see her original post, it was a poster with black scratched off and stating "All lives matter" GIRL!! 

& how are her fans turning that post around to be about an elephant?!!! Black was specifically scratched out this was in reference into the BLM movement

Edited by Rangeelaa - 3 years ago
Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: RegressiveThug

People don't understand that AllLiveMatter in Indian context isn't an obnoxious counter to the BlackLiveMatters like it is in US.

Lekin khair chorro, as I always say:

Kuch samajhte hai do-chaar tweets n posts karne se wo liberal mahatama ban gye hai. 

Tum Kitne intellectual ho wo social media posts se measure karte hai😆