3 Idiots headcanon : Was Farhan in love with Rancho?

Posted: 3 years ago

Pia tried to kiss Rancho and he stopped it. An She asked him if he was gay and Farhan got all happy ðŸ¤£

Interesting perspective. Never thought about it like that (probably because my mind has been trained by heteronormative narratives, so I can't think of these things). I really want homosexuality to be more common in movies. That's the only way we can break the stigma and the taboos.

Why did I never think of it?😳

I re-watched the movie a couple weeks ago and this thought came to me as well, but I concluded there’s no romantic love involved here.

I took it as he feels indebted to him for shaping and changing his life (along with many others’) and will go to any length to repay as much as he can. There’s also a lot of admiration, and I think Farhan always looked up to Rancho as a role model starting from their first interaction (hazing) since Rancho had a very unique outlook on life and ways to tackle its issues. Farhan, being a good guy/friend, wants the best for Rancho since Rancho has never asked anything from them.

Lol. I am all in for homosexual stories/characters but this is A BIT TOO MUCH!😆

Rancho practically SAVED Farhan's career and life by encouraging him to pursue his passion, that's why Farhan respected and adored Rancho too much.

Farhan was not a gay, and neither was Rancho. They became very good friends because the trio were roommates for a long time. There was no love story there, lol.

Most probably this is a troll-post, but I genuinely want people to stop shoving homosexual love stories into everything.

This is why straight friends (especially men), have stopped showing care and affection to each other😆, because 2 straight men cannot be friends anymore, WITHOUT being "macho" or anything typically masculine.🤔 Same for women.

Ultimately it affects both homosexuals & heterosexuals, because straight people feel their freedom & personal space is being violated by turning every narrative around them (old & new) into homosexuality...

a problem that American film/television zone is badly suffering from these days

As a result, actual LGBT stuff is not taken seriously, and ultimately those homosexuals who need support do not get it.

Interesting perspective,  but the answer to your question is definitely NO!😆

i have a habit of seeing chemistry in any two people but this is tad too much thinking..

There is something called as friendship.so

J K rowling  can answer that

Interesting take. Very plausible but definitely not intended, Raju Hirani is a farcical filmmaker. And doubt he can ever think beyond testestorony, goody and low key ahole straight lead characters. Even Sanju had an extremely homo-erotic relationship between Kamli and Sanju, like I was shocked they didn't kiss. The movie was basically their love story. 

Too bad Hindi Cinema is such a coward when it comes to Queer characters, esp since the industry itself is filled with so many people from the community. I bet atleast half of them are atleast bi. 

Actually Farhan and Rancho's friendship was perfect and they really acted as buddies

Farhan was in awe of Rancho when he entered college only coz of his different thinking and how he was everything, Farhan was not.

Rancho dared to break every rule possible to justify his thought process and decisions which Farhan was unable to. That is why they clicked as friends, Farhan was nowhere "in love" with Rancho but this was a genuine friendship.

If you see Farhan and Rancho's friendship was mutual and genuine, whereas there was a brotherly vibe between Rancho and the Sharman Joshi's character.