13 Years in 13 Days Logic

radhika_2001 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Hello Guys, 

You may have guessed by the title of what I am going to talk about. 

Remember when the Pandavas newly got exiled after the second Dice Game, Bheeshm and Vidur talk about the convincing Dhritarashtra to call the Pandavas back after the 13th day of exile as according to Shastras, in special circumstances, 13 days equals 13 years. 

I would like to know more about this topic if anyone has any idea or information. I have tried to look in the internet but was not so lucky.

Please give your feedback. Sorry if already posted.  

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Check this link of vishnu puran  it give detail of timing

https://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/vp/vp037.htm

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: radhika_2001

Hello Guys, 

You may have guessed by the title of what I am going to talk about. 

Remember when the Pandavas newly got exiled after the second Dice Game, Bheeshm and Vidur talk about the convincing Dhritarashtra to call the Pandavas back after the 13th day of exile as according to Shastras, in special circumstances, 13 days equals 13 years. 

I would like to know more about this topic if anyone has any idea or information. I have tried to look in the internet but was not so lucky.

Please give your feedback. Sorry if already posted.  

Even I want to understand this. That is something completely different from what we know.

Not sure and no citation either, but from what I could understand, maybe it refers to that logic where in case of any death in the family, there shouldn't shouldn't be any good thing in the family like marriage etc. However in case of utmost necessity, they do a ritual at the end of 13 days and the event is organised

surabhi01 thumbnail

Here is link which explains meaning of 13days equal to 13years 

I don't  know   whether it is random or fake site. Or reliable site  Since I found it so thought to share 

https://hinduism.stackexchange.com/questions/39994/when-did-13-years-pass-in-13-days

Edited by surabhi01 - 3 years ago

Originally posted by: surabhi01

Here is link which explains meaning of 13days equal to 13years 

I don't  know   whether it is random or fake site. Or reliable site  Since I found it so thought to share 

https://hinduism.stackexchange.com/questions/39994/when-did-13-years-pass-in-13-days

The discussion of random/fake site could be discussed later if the site gave some answers.

Well this site just narrates the instance the TM asked the question about. 

Nothing in it mentions what are the special occasions when 13 years equal 13 days and when did it happen earlier

surabhi01 thumbnail

Can u stop moral policing. 

What should site I gave this is not ur problem  and u don't need  to interfere 

This is open forum one can post opinion what  members feel  . I don't need ur guidance what to post or not

Edited by surabhi01 - 3 years ago

Originally posted by: surabhi01

Can u stop moral policing. 

What should site I gave this is not ur problem  and u don't need  to interfere 

This is open forum one can post opinion what  members feel  . I don't need ur guidance what to post or not

When did I moral police you and guided you to post or not or told you to post any link? Never.

I just replied to your post and said that the link doesn't give any explanation. Both these things are very much allowed in the forum. 

surabhi01 thumbnail

I think it want to say jub kiski ke paas बहुत  mushkil  work hota to jub ko us samay 13saal ko 13 mein maan liya jaata hai 

Kyonki jub  बहुत difficult time hota hai 

Tub ek din ek yug ke saaman lagta hai. Ek din to waise jaldi spend ho jaata pur  pur jub   difficult aata hai ek din bhi  aisa lagta, hai aise spend ho raha hai  jaise ek year lag gaya ho 

NoraSM thumbnail

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

The discussion of random/fake site could be discussed later if the site gave some answers.

Well this site just narrates the instance the TM asked the question about. 

Nothing in it mentions what are the special occasions when 13 years equal 13 days and when did it happen earlier

Actually, There's citation in the link she has posted 

"The Veda text also exalted one, is often heard, signifying that a year is equivalent to a day when passed in the observance of certain difficult vows. O thou of unfading glory, if the Vedas are an authority with thee, regard thou the period of a day and something more as the equivalent of thirteen years."

https://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/m03/m03052.htm

According to Bhima, A day passed following a difficult vow is equal to one year

I think Bhima was asking Yudi to do this difficult thing for next 13 days so they can complete their vanvas (Technically) and attack Kauravas 

Originally posted by: NoraSM

Actually, There's citation in the link she has posted 

"The Veda text also exalted one, is often heard, signifying that a year is equivalent to a day when passed in the observance of certain difficult vows. O thou of unfading glory, if the Vedas are an authority with thee, regard thou the period of a day and something more as the equivalent of thirteen years."

https://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/m03/m03052.htm

According to Bhima, A day passed following a difficult vow is equal to one year

I think Bhima was asking Yudi to do this difficult thing for next 13 days so they can complete their vanvas (Technically) and attack Kauravas 

Yes I read the citation. And that is exactly what they showed in Mahabharata show as well. The four brothers say so(not just Bheem) 

This exactly was the question of TM as to what are those special conditions, when did it happen in history.

Which Vedic verse does say this.