Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

TM, I know these 2 are the ones getting all the hype, but I honestly feel there r at least 5 actresses better than these 2 among their contemporaries, and 1 who is more popular and a bigger star (Shraddha)

The one who I think are better:

1. Ileana

2.Parineeti

3.Bhoomi

4.Yami

5.Sonakshi

in that order only...

vsbarry thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Confused-aatma

I dont agree if anyone says Alia is less hardworking than any other actress..Alia has the previlage to be as relaxed as a kareena,  doing movies once in a while, roles here n there in hero dominated movies, vacationing a lot(itsnt a dig at kareena at all, if given a choice i would have opted to do it like her)..but look at what she is doing..she is extremely passionate, trying to do as much good movies as possible, working in multiple movies at the same time, doing 3-4 shifts per day,sacrificing sleep..she is doing it all when she has the choice to take it easy..no one can deny the effort she is putting.

@Blue

Yes Tapsee had no choice than to work hard,  but alia has the choice yet she opts to work hard...and that makes me respect her inspite of all the privileges she gets.

yet she is okay with kjo asking directors to cast her, be it highway or replace another actress in dear zindagi. Despite her privelege. 

That’s not hard work to me. She is hardworking in that she is driven to do her best. But she is not hardworking in the sense of getting anything on merit until she has had her foot in the door with the audience. 
 I don’t think her hard work can be hyped up compared to actresses even less well off. 
Any priveleged actress in her position given opportunities would take advantage of them, she is not doing anything that deserves an applause on my side atleast

Edited by vsbarry - 3 years ago
LionPerayaTay thumbnail

Alia better. Tapsee has potential but need to do more variety.

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: vsbarry

Taapsee is a better actress. Alia's films are always stronger than her her talent. thats my opinion. If she was supremely talented, then she would have been bearable in kalank. Pulling good performances in great films is not uncommon. Lets leave it at that.

The flak comes from her getting opportunities on a platter. Not only that, there is evident lobbying done for her to an uncomfortable extent.  Most number 1 actresses in the past have earned their title through merit. People dont want to see entitled people reach the top just because they are priveleged and we are not used to seeing this nor do we want to, hence the flak. Forget films, she needs KJO to mention her 24/7 and push PR rumors for her as well.

so no its not how the game works. 

If you ask me, if you are getting films easy and are lobbied for, your work should be srutinized harder, especially for her since their is a handful of people out there who can evidently do her job better. Taapsee earned her films on merit due to the sole reason of being strong performer. You dont question her position in the industry.

What I was trying to draw attention to was the fact that: yes we should criticise the journey of Alia Bhatt if we feel she was given everything on a "platter". But that should not mean that we discredit her prowess as an artiste. She is a very good actress. Give her credit - don't let your judgement be clouded, it's dishonest.

And about the "platter" thing. Yes she had good connections. I would love my girl Radhika Apte to get some of those opportunities to shine. But every actress who reaches the top has to have strong associations/good connections with film directors and production houses.

If Rani didn't have a strong backing from YRF she would not be the Queen she is seen as today. Aishwarya's Bachchan connection and her association with Mani Ratnam/SLB allowed her to excel and showcase her talent.

Vidya Balan was kicked out of something like 10-15 films during 2000-2005. She finally got her big break in Parineeta and she apparently had to audition for it over and over again. She was asked by the producer to go LA and "fix" her nose. But the director Pradeep Sarkar championed her (they had worked on ad films in the past). If it wasn't for Pradeep's faith in her, recommending her, she might not have had her break, and she might not have been queen.

Deepika Padukone's career was slowly nose-diving in 2011. She was far behind Anushka and Asin. But Cocktail changed everything for her. At the same time, Kareena had walked out of Ram-Leela and due to Cocktail's MASSIVE hype and success, it allowed SLB to see and cast her. She also bagged Chennai Express at the same time, a film Kareena was lobbying for. And she snatched YJHD out of Katrina's hands around the same time. 

Things fell into place, stars aligned. In a somewhat large extent to Imtiaz Ali having that initial faith in her, and elevating her. 

Same thing with Alia Bhatt. Karan Johar saw something in her and suggested her for Highway. And she became his darling, doing several Dharma movies. It's the same type of thing.

The unfortunate thing for them is the "Nepotism debate" also POPPED off big time during Alia's rise to the top, so she's having to deal with that much more trolling. But her journey isn't that different to previous Queens.

Edited by Rekha_ji - 3 years ago
vsbarry thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rekha_ji

What I was trying to draw attention to was the fact that: yes we should criticise the journey of Alia Bhatt if we feel she was given everything on a "platter". But that should not mean that we discredit her prowess as an artiste. She is a very good actress. Give her credit - don't let your judgement be clouded, it's dishonest.

And about the "platter" thing. Yes she had good connections. I would love my girl Radhika Apte to get some of those opportunities to shine. But every actress who reaches the top has to have strong associations/good connections with film directors and production houses.

If Rani didn't have a strong backing from YRF she would not be the Queen she is seen as today. Aishwarya's Bachchan connection and her association with Mani Ratnam/SLB allowed her to excel and showcase her talent.

Vidya Balan was kicked out of something like 10-15 films during 2000-2005. She finally got her big break in Parineeta and she apparently had to audition for it over and over again. She was asked by the producer to go LA and "fix" her nose. But the director Pradeep Sarkar championed her (they had worked on ad films in the past). If it wasn't for Pradeep's faith in her, recommending her, she might not have had her break, and she might not have been queen.

Deepika Padukone's career was slowly nose-diving in 2011. She was far behind Anushka and Asin. But Cocktail changed everything for her. At the same time, Kareena had walked out of Ram-Leela and due to Cocktail's MASSIVE hype and success, it allowed SLB to see and cast her. She also bagged Chennai Express at the same time, a film Kareena was lobbying for. And she snatched YJHD out of Katrina's hands around the same time. 

Things fell into place, stars aligned. In a somewhat large extent to Imtiaz Ali having that initial faith in her, and elevating her. 

Same thing with Alia Bhatt. Karan Johar saw something in her and suggested her for Highway. And she became his darling, doing several Dharma movies. It's the same type of thing.

The unfortunate thing for them is the "Nepotism debate" also POPPED off big time during Alia's rise to the top, so she's having to deal with that much more trolling. But her journey isn't that different to previous Queens.

no. It’s not the same thing. If deepika didn’t show what she did in her previous films than she would not have gotten cocktail. Someone casted her because they saw something in her, not the other way around where the actor/producer of Influence forces there way into films that they were never initially considered for. That’s called taking/snatching people’s work.  Whether deepika was replaced in films in place of others actresses, that’s all her doing and no one telling a director to take her. No one snatched the role for her or got her in through influence or lobby. 

Alias journey is everything that is corrupt with Bollywood. 

You are out of your mind if you are comparing the journeys of actresses you just mentioned to alias.

Edited by vsbarry - 3 years ago
mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

I'm not even considering how she got her films. But to say that everyone who doesn't feel she is a good actress is biased is a broad generalization. I can safely say that she is mediocre af. Don't ever feel connected to her high-pitched acting. People feel differently about diff. actors, which is OK.

Parineeti/Ileana is the example of brilliant actress, acc. to me, but somebody else might feel differently about her, which is also OK. We can't expect everyone to align with our views. I might crib that Ileana is not getting opportunities despite being so talented, and she deserves to have made it in place of Alia.

vsbarry thumbnail

Originally posted by: mintyblue

I'm not even considering how she got her films. But to say that everyone who doesn't feel she is a good actress is biased is a broad generalization. I can safely say that she is mediocre af. Don't ever feel connected to her high-pitched acting. People feel differently about diff. actors, which is OK.

Parineeti/Ileana is the example of brilliant actress, acc. to me, but somebody else might feel differently about her, which is also OK. We can't expect everyone to align with our views. I might crib that Ileana is not getting opportunities despite being so talented, and she deserves to have made it in place of Alia.

It’s not even about who is more talented any more. It’s about defending an actress’s extremely grossly priveleged journey as the same as an actress who attained a top position without the same resources.

deepila struggled 6 years to get cocktail. She got her due when someone considered her qualified

Alia struggled less than 1 year to get highway when she was not qualified

from these two Alone, I can pick out who has worked harder to be where they are today.

How are these two ladies journeys similar? Don’t even get me started on the flak Priyanka got in her initial career before she was finally given films where she can perform. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Cause Kangana is a troll 😆

Rekha_ji thumbnail

Originally posted by: mintyblue

But to say that everyone who doesn't feel she is a good actress is biased is a broad generalization.

Good job I didn't say that then. Not even close.

Rekha_ji thumbnail

Originally posted by: vsbarry

deepila struggled 6 years to get cocktail. She got her due when someone considered her qualified

Alia struggled less than 1 year to get highway when she was not qualified

Cocktail released in 2012. Signed in 2011. 

6 years?? So, 2005.??

[Om Shanti Om was 2007 btw] but according to you she was struggling for Cocktail 2 years before that. 

Make it make sense.