Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vsbarry thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Rekha_ji

It's a shame that Alia is being penalised for having simply the good fortune of good scripts being offered to her.

If she didn't perform well, then it would be scandalous - but she's actually hitting it out the park. Udta Punjab, Dear Zindagi, Raazi, Gully Boy, Highway: all wondrous performances. The skill, depth, nuance, expressions, intonations she brings to the medium for me as a film fan is an absolute joy. I appreciate her craft. But also, I can't remember the last time the Numero Uno didn't get the most flack - that's just how the game works.

Taapsee is so adorable. I think Thappad is the best performance of the last 12+ months easily. Her last few films: Badla, Manmarziyaan, Game Over, Mulk have showcased her talent really well and she's had commercial success too. I'm so happy for her. I love her journey/evolution.

[Side note: I feel like Alia is not a fan of her. Did y'all notice that at the Round Table with Rajeev Masand at the end of 2018?]

Taapsee is a better actress. Alia's films are always stronger than her her talent. thats my opinion. If she was supremely talented, then she would have been bearable in kalank. Pulling good performances in great films is not uncommon. Lets leave it at that.

The flak comes from her getting opportunities on a platter. Not only that, there is evident lobbying done for her to an uncomfortable extent.  Most number 1 actresses in the past have earned their title through merit. People dont want to see entitled people reach the top just because they are priveleged and we are not used to seeing this nor do we want to, hence the flak. Forget films, she needs KJO to mention her 24/7 and push PR rumors for her as well.

so no its not how the game works. 

If you ask me, if you are getting films easy and are lobbied for, your work should be srutinized harder, especially for her since their is a handful of people out there who can evidently do her job better. Taapsee earned her films on merit due to the sole reason of being strong performer. You dont question her position in the industry.

Edited by vsbarry - 3 years ago
Unconventional thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

No doubt Tapsee has struggled more to get where she is today but the effort they put in their work is no diff.They are both hard workers.

I for one love Alia..regardless of the fact that she has been lucky.And I find her a bit more versatile than Tapsee.Tapsee on the other hand has really grown on me...from finding her overrated to now liking her a lot.I loveeeed her in Thappad but her best performance is still Manmarziyan.She was revelation as Rumi.B

Mukthaa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: grumpydwarf

Yes, it def required hard work. Something Alia will probably never know of. 

If Alia isnt hardworking i dont know which actress is..its another thing she gets everything on a platter, but the girl isnt taking anything for granted..she works hard to make the best use of the opportunities provided to her..that too from such a young age when majority people of her age were living off their parents money n having fun..she has improved a lot in acting department , is working out hard, dieting like a mad(ughh her obsession with weight loss🤢). Havent you seen her movie line up.. seeing her schedule itself makes me exhausted.. i dont know whether that girl is even getting enough sleep with that tight schedul.. and here you are saying she doesnt know what hardwork is🤷

vsbarry thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Confused-aatma

If Alia isnt hardworking i dont know which actress is..its another thing she gets everything on a platter, but the girl isnt taking anything for granted..she works hard to make the best use of the opportunities provided to her..that too from such a young age when majority people of her age were living off their parents money n having fun..she has improved a lot in acting department , is working out hard, dieting like a mad(ughh her obsession with weight loss🤢). Havent you seen her movie line up.. seeing her schedule itself makes me exhausted.. i dont know whether that girl is even getting enough sleep with that tight schedul.. and here you are saying she doesnt know what hardwork is🤷

I think she means she will never know of the hard work to reach a position from struggle which takes hard work. It doesnt only take hard work, it is a mental game and it is extremely difficult especially when you dont have the correct support. So in that sense, taapsee has worked harder. and alia evidently has worked less hard to get where she is.

That is just the way it is, just like how some actresses get lucky due to being priveleged and being benefited from nepotism. People will say thats the way it is. so just like this, because taapsee is an outsider, she had no choice to work harder than alia to get where she is today.

I am not saying alia is not hardworking, it depends on the context. today all working actresses are and deal with what they get to make the best of it. 

But if you ask me..the cumulative effect of hardwork for outsiders who make it to a top position is unparallel to what alia could even imagine.

Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Aila. 😃

I mean Alia.

Both have a bright future, though Alia's would be brighter if she plays her cards right.

Mukthaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: vsbarry

I think she means she will never know of the hard work to reach a position from struggle which takes hard work. It doesnt only take hard work, it is a mental game and it is extremely difficult especially when you dont have the correct support. So in that sense, taapsee has worked harder. and alia evidently has worked less hard to get where she is.

That is just the way it is, just like how some actresses get lucky due to being priveleged and being benefited from nepotism. People will say thats the way it is. so just like this, because taapsee is an outsider, she had no choice to work harder than alia to get where she is today.

I am not saying alia is not hardworking, it depends on the context. today all working actresses are and deal with what they get to make the best of it. 

But if you ask me..the cumulative effect of hardwork for outsiders who make it to a top position is unparallel to what alia could even imagine.

I dont agree if anyone says Alia is less hardworking than any other actress..Alia has the previlage to be as relaxed as a kareena,  doing movies once in a while, roles here n there in hero dominated movies, vacationing a lot(itsnt a dig at kareena at all, if given a choice i would have opted to do it like her)..but look at what she is doing..she is extremely passionate, trying to do as much good movies as possible, working in multiple movies at the same time, doing 3-4 shifts per day,sacrificing sleep..she is doing it all when she has the choice to take it easy..no one can deny the effort she is putting.

@Blue

Yes Tapsee had no choice than to work hard,  but alia has the choice yet she opts to work hard...and that makes me respect her inspite of all the privileges she gets.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Confused-aatma

Yes Tapsee had no choice than to work hard,  but alia has the choice yet she opts to work hard...and that makes me respect her inspite of all the privileges she gets.

Exactly If Alia sucked she would’ve fizzled our by now. What do people think she does on the sets ? An i don’t wanna heat the fact that she even gets in those sets is unfair. It’s incessant whining by people who suck ðŸ¤£ 

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Exactly If Alia sucked she would’ve fizzled our by now. What do people think she does on the sets ? An i don’t wanna heat the fact that she even gets in those sets is unfair. It’s incessant whining by people who suck ðŸ¤£ 

You have to respect the fact that people may have a different opinion than yours. Alia reigns supreme in Karan Johar la-la land only. There are FAR BETTER actresses than her who deserve more recognition. She is nothing great acting-wise. And other factors, less said d better.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: mintyblue

You have to respect the fact that people may have a different opinion than yours. Alia reigns supreme in Karan Johar la-la land only. There are FAR BETTER actresses than her who deserve more recognition. She is nothing great acting-wise. And other factors, less said d better.

Well I never said don’t root for the sucky people. An it’s not even these topics it’s more when the actress/actors complain they come off as petty

An as for other factors I’d probably hit on Alia before Tapsee ðŸ¤£

Mukthaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Exactly If Alia sucked she would’ve fizzled our by now. What do people think she does on the sets ? An i don’t wanna heat the fact that she even gets in those sets is unfair. It’s incessant whining by people who suck smiley37 

Exactly.. may be people think acting job is a cake walk which it isnt.. it has the prons n cons like any other job.

Saying an actress who work round the clock doesnt know what hardwork is is like saying a  hmm may be a mukesh ambani doesnt have to work hard because his father has made it all possible for him..he just has to go to the office, sit under the AC and relax🤦