vsbarry thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Who do you prefer on screen. I think these can be pitied against one another currently. Who has the brighter future from the two? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Neither. Both are average AF, one-note actors and lack screen presence.

But if I have to choose at gunpoint, I would pick Taapsee. Simply because she's making it on her own steam and is not a nepotism product. She has limitations, though, gaping ones at that. She better fix that unless she wants to ruin the movies she is getting.

Tezaa thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Yes Alia is ❤️ where taapsee is ❤️*a

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

I just watched Thappad. The scene where Tapsee has a dialogue with her mother-in-law or when she talks to the lawyer about going back to the girl she was in college who wanted nothing more in life but respect was amazing. Tremendous untapped potential. She might not get as many good scripts as Alia to showcase it. But the actress is talented for sure. 

That is not to say Alia isn't talented as well. But the fact she gets scripts falling into her lap does play a part in how much opportunities you get to showcase your talent. Both are average looking. Alia might be a bit more groomed. 

Edited by grumpydwarf - 3 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Alia for sure 😊

ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Taapsee is the better actor and had to work hard to get where she did, unlike...

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

This content was originally posted by: ponymo

Taapsee is the better actor and had to work hard to get where she did, unlike...

Yes, it def required hard work. Something Alia will probably never know of. 

Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Acting wise I think Alia is a much better actress. I thought she was so, so freaking amazing in Udta Punjab. But movie wise I am sorry I just don't care for her movies. I don't care for the dulhaniya series which seem more like Varun movies to me anyways. I didn't care much for highway or Raazi. It's best if kalank is left unmentioned. I did love Udta punjab, dear zindagi and 2 states. When I look back at 2 states though I mainly remember Arjun Kapoor. 

I am not a huge fan of Tapsee's acting but I like watching her movies. She does interesting roles no one else is doing. I enjoyed Manmarziyaan, Badla, Mulk and thappad. 

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

It's a shame that Alia is being penalised for having simply the good fortune of good scripts being offered to her.

If she didn't perform well, then it would be scandalous - but she's actually hitting it out the park. Udta Punjab, Dear Zindagi, Raazi, Gully Boy, Highway: all wondrous performances. The skill, depth, nuance, expressions, intonations she brings to the medium for me as a film fan is an absolute joy. I appreciate her craft. But also, I can't remember the last time the Numero Uno didn't get the most flack - that's just how the game works.

Taapsee is so adorable. I think Thappad is the best performance of the last 12+ months easily. Her last few films: Badla, Manmarziyaan, Game Over, Mulk have showcased her talent really well and she's had commercial success too. I'm so happy for her. I love her journey/evolution.

[Side note: I feel like Alia is not a fan of her. Did y'all notice that at the Round Table with Rajeev Masand at the end of 2018?]

Vickat_4evr thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Tapsee pannu anyday.