Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

journalgirl321 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: aquaHP

Meera, I am loving your answers to all of the character questions. You're making realize some new character traits of theirs, minor ones though, because we've already talked about them in so much detail on the AT and otherwise.

A few more questions to keep you going!

1. What song always gets you out on the dance floor?

2. What's your most prized possession and why?

3. What's the best advice you've ever gotten? (I can't think of one for myself so you are allowed a pass for this one if you haven't gotten good advice or you don't remember)

4. If you could create a fantasy universe or live in one, how would it look like?

5. What's something your family and friends would be surprised to learn about you? 

I know!! But the wonderful thing about these characters is that just when you think you've exhausted all discussion on them, there's always a little something here and there that jumpstarts the conversation again. 

1. So many, and they keep changing, to be honest! Here are a few songs from my party/dance playlist:

- Nachange Saari Raat

- Abhi Toh Party Shuru Hui Hai

- Main Tera Boyfriend

- Gulaabo 

But I think my greatest weakness is garba music. Sanedo, Dholida, Shubhaarambh... the list goes on! Garba is so, so, so fun. It's why Navratri is one of my favorite times of the year. 

I very rarely listen to English songs, but one song that I've recently been jamming out to is "X" by the Jonas Brothers. Ever since they've come back, their music has been on fire!

2. This is going to sound so shallow, but it's probably my laptop. I always feel so lost without it whenever I go on trips and I don't bring it with me.

3. I'm pretty sure my dad borrowed this from Facebook when he sent it to me, but nevertheless, it stuck with me:

New York is 3 hours ahead of California, but it does not make California slow.

Someone graduated at the age of 22, but waited 5 years before securing a good job!

Someone became a CEO at 25, and died at 50.

While another became a CEO at 50, and lived to 90 years.

Someone is still single, while someone else got married.

Obama retired at 55, but Trump started at 70.

Life is about waiting for the right moment to act.

So, RELAX. Youโ€™re not LATE. Youโ€™re not EARLY. You are very much ON TIME.

4. I think a fantasy universe would be where everyone was able to be true to themselves without fear of repercussions or judgment. Our society has placed so much judgment on what isn't "contained within the norm", that I feel like the desire to be genuine and real in today's world is somewhat limited. 

Oh, and a universe where pollution, global warming, and disease didn't exist would be nice too.

5. I think they'd be surprised to know the extent of my love for ITV. I've kind of kept that part of me hidden from everyone in my life. It's something that I've kept to myself, for myself. It's become like a little world I can escape to. 

Oof, these questions were good! 

Edited by journalgirl321 - 3 years ago
aquaHP thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: journalgirl321

I know!! But the wonderful thing about these characters is that just when you think you've exhausted all discussion on them, there's always a little something here and there that jumpstarts the conversation again. 

1. So many, and they keep changing, to be honest! Here are a few songs from my party/dance playlist:

- Nachange Saari Raat

- Abhi Toh Party Shuru Hui Hai

- Main Tera Boyfriend

- Gulaabo 

But I think my greatest weakness is garba music. Sanedo, Dholida, Shubhaarambh... the list goes on! Garba is so, so, so fun. It's why Navratri is one of my favorite times of the year. 

I very rarely listen to English songs, but one song that I've recently been jamming out to is "X" by the Jonas Brothers. Ever since they've come back, their music has been on fire!

2. This is going to sound so shallow, but it's probably my laptop. I always feel so lost without it whenever I go on trips and I don't bring it with me.

3. I'm pretty sure my dad borrowed this from Facebook when he sent it to me, but nevertheless, it stuck with me:

New York is 3 hours ahead of California, but it does not make California slow.

Someone graduated at the age of 22, but waited 5 years before securing a good job!

Someone became a CEO at 25, and died at 50.

While another became a CEO at 50, and lived to 90 years.

Someone is still single, while someone else got married.

Obama retired at 55, but Trump started at 70.

Life is about waiting for the right moment to act.

So, RELAX. Youโ€™re not LATE. Youโ€™re not EARLY. You are very much ON TIME.

4. I think a fantasy universe would be where everyone was able to be true to themselves without fear of repercussions or judgment. Our society has placed so much judgment on what isn't "contained within the norm", that I feel like the desire to be genuine and real in today's world is somewhat limited. 

Oh, and a universe where pollution, global warming, and disease didn't exist would be nice too.

5. I think they'd be surprised to know the extent of my love for ITV. I've kind of kept that part of me hidden from everyone in my life. It's something that I've kept to myself, for myself. It's become like a little world I can escape to. 

Oof, these questions were good! 

Yasss!! I'm glad you are liking the questions!!

1. I thought I would get a few Tamil songs on here as well for my playlist but your playlist is all hindi songs yahaan par to! And full on party numbers, I must say. But what I find the most interesting is the list of garba songs because I love them too!! They would get me to the dance floor anytime!

Jonas brothers have been on fire since they came back. I am loving their new found sound.

2. Interesting! I remember you missing your laptop on your last vacation. 

3. Facebook ho ya whatsapp, this is some good advice.

4. Your choices are so different and so similar to mine at the same time, it's crazy! 

5. I would want to see their expressions when they find out. That would be so fun!

journalgirl321 thumbnail

Yasss!! I'm glad you are liking the questions!!

1. I thought I would get a few Tamil songs on here as well for my playlist but your playlist is all hindi songs yahaan par to! And full on party numbers, I must say. But what I find the most interesting is the list of garba songs because I love them too!! They would get me to the dance floor anytime!

Jonas brothers have been on fire since they came back. I am loving their new found sound.

2. Interesting! I remember you missing your laptop on your last vacation. 

3. Facebook ho ya whatsapp, this is some good advice.

4. Your choices are so different and so similar to mine at the same time, it's crazy! 

5. I would want to see their expressions when they find out. That would be so fun!

I usually listen to Tamil songs that are more mellow. I've never really found any good Tamil party numbers, to be honest, LOL. 

And I completely forgot that I had mentioned something about missing my laptop! Your memory is impeccable!

I hope they never find out ๐Ÿ˜‚ They're constantly making fun of ITV soaps that if they found out that I actually love them, I'd probably never hear the end of it ๐Ÿ˜‚

Sutapasima thumbnail

Congrats to Journal girl for getting selected for the Hot Seat .

Nice to know you are into genetics... is it Genetics in general or specific about Human Genetics??

Please share with us what's the current COVID situation in your city ..

Are colleges/universities open presently ?? Are you attending classes or are you having online classes ?? 

I am very interested to know which text books you follow and various subjects in your course .

Edited by Sutapasima - 3 years ago
aquaHP thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

New set of questions!

1. What's your biggest irrational fear?

2. Top 3 things on your bucket list?

3. What's one conspiracy theory that you think is plausible? 

4. What's the dumbest argument you've ever been in? (Fun fact: Mine have to be the ones on this forum. Never have I fought over fictional characters in my life and every time I remember that, the dumber I feel for having been a participant.)

5. If you could relive one moment in your life, which would it be?

journalgirl321 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sutapasima

Congrats to Journal girl for getting selected for the Hot Seat .

Nice to know you are into genetics... is it Genetics in general or specific about Human Genetics??

Please share with us what's the current COVID situation in your city ..

Are colleges/universities open presently ?? Are you attending classes or are you having online classes ?? 

I am very interested to know which text books you follow and various subjects in your course .

Hello! Thank you :)

I'm going to be studying genetics in general, but my interest in human genetics is what got me interested in the field for sure! I haven't done so yet, but I'm most looking forward to getting research opportunities in the field, hopefully related to stem cells and CRISPR (gene editing). It's fascinating stuff. I'm also really excited for the public health aspect of my education as well; things from getting to learn about infectious disease outbreaks, investigation, response, and prevention (which is extremely fitting for the times we're living in right now) to things that are sometimes overlooked, like neonatal and maternal global health issues are things that I'm going to be studying within the next four years. 

It's pretty rough where I am right now. The closest urban city to me has been declared a current hotspot in the US. It's really scary! I've only stepped outside the house to go on runs here and there for exercise and fresh air. 

Colleges, universities, and schools are all closed as of now, and they're still trying to make a decision about whether they can even open in August/September. Right now, we're making do with online classes, but it's really tough not being able to get face to face with both instructors and peers. 

journalgirl321 thumbnail

New set of questions!

1. What's your biggest irrational fear?

2. Top 3 things on your bucket list?

3. What's one conspiracy theory that you think is plausible? 

4. What's the dumbest argument you've ever been in? (Fun fact: Mine have to be the ones on this forum. Never have I fought over fictional characters in my life and every time I remember that, the dumber I feel for having been a participant.)

5. If you could relive one moment in your life, which would it be?

1. I have a terrible fear of spiders and long-legged insects. Once, I came home and no one else was home and there was a palm sized spider on the floor. I spent the next three hours sitting on top of the highest table in my house, sobbing and waiting for my mom to come back home to dump it outside. 

2. I haven't really thought about this, but I'll list the first three things that come to mind:

- I want to see India. Sure, I've been to India at least 9-10 times in my life, but I have yet to see it. I want to see all of the greatest wonders there, I want to spend time serving in the CORD centers in rural northern India, and I just want to experience everything beautiful about the country, without the formality of having to visit relative after relative. I didn't even have to think about this one, and writing about it makes me realize how badly I want to explore India. One of these days, I definitely will. 

- This sounds cliche, but I want to go skydiving. The whole idea of just free-falling from such tall heights, so much so that you feel like you're floating on air, is fascinating to me.

- I wanna go snorkeling and/or scuba diving. I don't know why, it just seems super fun. 

3. I don't pay much attention to them usually, but the ones about the Kennedy assassination have always caught my attention. Some of them are so convincing that it's now become hard for me to believe that Oswald acted alone.

Oh, and this isn't really a "conspiracy" theory thing, but theories about what really happens in the Bermuda Triangle have always sent shivers down my spine. I still shudder to think about it. 

4. Probably the ones that I've had with my brother. They're always so silly, especially when I look back on them. 

5. There was this one time when my friends and I were having lunch and one of us started laughing at something that wasn't even remotely funny, and pretty soon all of us were howling in laughter, tears streaming down our faces, gasping for air, while the people sitting around us just stared. I can still remember how euphoric it felt to have that good a laugh. I miss that feeling. And I miss my friends. 

Edited by journalgirl321 - 3 years ago
angelfire78 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Are you a tamilian? There are so many in this forum! If you are, how did you learn hindi? 

I know we're all home right now and there's nothing but time. If you can imagine a situation where you're really busy and don't have a lot of time, what would be the first thing you'd do if you have an uninterrupted hour?

I'm not sure if this was already asked, but what was the first show you watched in ITV? I have to admit that my foray into ITV is relatively new and I don't know about a lot of shows. I've always been more into books and the shows I've watched are more in the mystery, crime, and science fiction genre.

Have you ever been (are you currently) in love?

What  is your reaction if you're in a conversation with someone whose political stance is the complete opposite yours, and you are discussing politics? I am carefully avoiding any mention of where you or they stand specifically ๐Ÿ˜†. I'm asking more in the sense of would you end the conversation and move away or continue to discuss? Would it be calmly or animatedly?

You mentioned sky diving, scuba diving and so on. Would you want to do them on your own or would you find someone to do them with you?

Why do you like yrhpk?

NikkiSays thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Congrats Meera !! ๐Ÿฅณ

I will be back with my questions ๐Ÿ˜Š

NikkiSays thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Here are my questions:

1) What is your biggest pet peeve?

2) Do you like or dislike surprises? 

3) What is the best gift you've been given?

4) If you came with a warning label, what would yours say?

5) Do you regret any decisions you made in your life? 

6) Do you like Kardashians? ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

7) What is your favorite junk food?

8) Who are you closest to in your life?

9) Do you hate the word "moist"? ๐Ÿ˜†