Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

journalgirl321 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: angelfire78

Are you a tamilian? There are so many in this forum! If you are, how did you learn hindi? 

I know we're all home right now and there's nothing but time. If you can imagine a situation where you're really busy and don't have a lot of time, what would be the first thing you'd do if you have an uninterrupted hour?

I'm not sure if this was already asked, but what was the first show you watched in ITV? I have to admit that my foray into ITV is relatively new and I don't know about a lot of shows. I've always been more into books and the shows I've watched are more in the mystery, crime, and science fiction genre.

Have you ever been (are you currently) in love?

What  is your reaction if you're in a conversation with someone whose political stance is the complete opposite yours, and you are discussing politics? I am carefully avoiding any mention of where you or they stand specifically ðŸ˜†. I'm asking more in the sense of would you end the conversation and move away or continue to discuss? Would it be calmly or animatedly?

You mentioned sky diving, scuba diving and so on. Would you want to do them on your own or would you find someone to do them with you?

Why do you like yrhpk?

1) Well, my dad is from Chennai, and my mom is from Cochin. I'd like to say I'm half-Mallu, but my mom speaks in Tamil the majority of the time, so in short, yes, I'm a tamilian 😂 I learned how to understand and speak Hindi from TV shows and movies (my mom knows broken Hindi and my dad doesn't know it at all), and I learned how to read and write in the Hindi classes I took through a cultural program I'm a part of. 

2) Go on a long walk by myself and listen to music. It's become my favorite activity of all time because it's so calming. 

3) The first ITV show I ever watched was the Ramayan that aired on NDTV (the one with Gurmeet Choudhary and Debina Bonnerjee), but the first show I actually got invested in was Navya. 

4) I've had several crushes over the years, but nothing serious enough to say that I've been in love. I'm not even quite sure what it feels like to be in love. I think I'm more in love with the idea of being in love, if anything. 

5) It would depend on the person, and how open minded they are. I love having political discourse with people who have differing views from mine, because it makes for much more interesting conversation. But I don't really see a point in trying to have a conversation with a person who refuses to hear me out. Been there, done that, and it's extremely annoying and a waste of time. That being said, I'm relatively moderate on the political spectrum (and I'm not saying that just to be diplomatic). So it's easier for me to see both sides of the spectrum. 

6) Oh, definitely with a group of friends. I'd hate to do those things without moral support!

7) I don't know if I love YRHPK (as an entire show), but I can 100% say that I love Kunal and Kuhu and the relationships they share with their families. 

Edited by journalgirl321 - 3 years ago
journalgirl321 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: NikkiSays

Here are my questions:

1) What is your biggest pet peeve?

- I think I told Pihu about my top three, but I think my greatest pet peeve would have to be when people tailgate me while I'm driving. It stresses me out so much. 

2) Do you like or dislike surprises? 

- Depends on what the surprise is! Usually I do, though. 

3) What is the best gift you've been given?

- A YouTube Red subscription. I LOVE it. 

4) If you came with a warning label, what would yours say?

- CAUTION: Handle with care, she overthinks everything sometimes. 

5) Do you regret any decisions you made in your life? 

- Are there things that I would do differently if I was able to go back and do it again? Absolutely. Do I regret the things I did originally? No, because they served as invaluable learning lessons!

6) Do you like Kardashians? ðŸ˜ƒ

- The drama is highly entertaining, but can't say that I'm a huge fan. 

7) What is your favorite junk food?

- Onion rings. LOVE that trash. 

8) Who are you closest to in your life?

- My mom, for sure. 

9) Do you hate the word "moist"? ðŸ˜†

- How did you know that?!?!?! *shudders*

NikkiSays thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: journalgirl321

9) Do you hate the word "moist"? smiley36

- How did you know that?!?!?! *shudders*

Because it is considered one of the most hated words in the English language so I wanted to know your thoughts on this word.smiley36

NikkiSays thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: journalgirl321

I want to see India. Sure, I've been to India at least 9-10 times in my life, but I have yet to see it. I want to see all of the greatest wonders there, I want to spend time serving in the CORD centers in rural northern India, and I just want to experience everything beautiful about the country, without the formality of having to visit relative after relative. I didn't even have to think about this one, and writing about it makes me realize how badly I want to explore India. One of these days, I definitely will. 

Your answer made me miss India too. And it's really impressive that you want to not only explore the country but want to work there too. I hope you get to do this soon. ðŸ˜Š