Are Manisha and Urmila better actresses than Kajol and Karisma?

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

I always found Kajol one-note as an actress, and highly overrated. Yes, she got scripts which were very promising and revolved around her, and it was also her pairing with SRK which sky-rocketed her to fame. Karisma to me is an overacting ki dukaan. Culd never figure out the hype around her.

But some genuine talents of the 90's I feel were Manisha and Urmila. Manisha did act in some critically acclaimed movies and her performances in Khamoshi and Bombay far surpassed anything Kajol has done. Even in Gupt, she overshadowed Kajol, even though Kajol had the author-backed role.

Urmila, desite being typecast as a sex symbol, can act the pants off her contemporaries. You only have to see Kaun and Ek Haseena Thi to believe it. She is a phenomenal talent, and can do those edgy roles with painstaking skill.

Do you guys agree?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.KISS-my-ASS. thumbnail

MINTYJI For the first time I wholeheartedly agree with your topic I love kajol and Lolo but Manisha and and especially Urmila is far better than them..

PTKK/KAUN/GUPT/PINJAR  she was phenomenal it's disheartening to see she didn't the recognition she derseves 

Beautyful_Mess thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

I love Karishma and Kajol both but yes, Urmilla is definitely better. She’s better than 90’s actress except for Tabu.   

.KISS-my-ASS. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Beautyful_Mess

I love Karishma and Kajol both but yes, Urmilla is definitely better. She’s better than 90’s actress except for Tabu.   

yeah agree but tabu is still relevant today and giving some amazing performances but I am not sure what went wrong with Urmila..she would have slayed Andhadun (Tabu was FAAAAB not gonna discredit her) 

She is not doing anything no movie or TV 

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: .KISS-my-ASS.

yeah agree but tabu is still relevant today and giving some amazing performances but I am not sure what went wrong with Urmila..she would have slayed Andhadun (Tabu was FAAAAB not gonna discredit her) 

yeah it's surprising that Urmila has not featured in any good movie after Bas Ek Pal, and that was in 2006. With her kind of talent, she should have been able to sustain herself like Tabu has done.

Beautyful_Mess thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: .KISS-my-ASS.

It’s sad that she’s around because she’s superior to most of the actress as an actor. I don’t know what happened with her really. 

I didn’t like her as kid when I first started watching BW movies and I can’t even remember what movie changed my liking towards her but I loved her and I still love her as actress and I wish we could see her more often. 

She would’ve been great had she been in Andhadun no doubt. 

.KISS-my-ASS. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Beautyful_Mess

It’s sad that she’s around because she’s superior to most of the actress as an actor. I don’t know what happened with her really. 

I didn’t like her as kid when I first started watching BW movies and I can’t even remember what movie changed my liking towards her but I loved her and I still love her as actress and I wish we could see her more often. 

She would’ve been great had she been in Andhadun no doubt. 

Yeah I used to hate her on screen because I was petrified of her and Manoj bajpayee when I was 1st saw Kaun.

I just hope she signs some good projects soon 🥺

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Kajol was over hyped 

Urmila what a beauty ..Tanha Tanha yahan pe jeena 🥳

manisha rimjhim rimjhim 

Raijeera thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Kajol is best. Urmila and manisha are good. Why Karishma ???