Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JayaBachan thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: surajhere

There are some factual errors in your response.

Nandini's father does not get Nandini married off because she falls in love with Sameer.

Nandini is already to be married to Vanraj .

Vanraj did not teach Nandini to fall in love, it was Sameer who taught Nandini that. Vanraj taught her how to love somebody . That is what the character of Nandini said.

The premise of the story was that you can fall in love more than once. SLB just couched it in the sanctity of marriage, nothing else. Marriage was used as a tool to keep Nandini away from Sameer and in his absence Vanraj won her over by his love for her. 

Both Sameer's and Vanraj's characters were well developed and believed in their duties more than their rights. That is why Sameer left Nandini and that is why Vanraj decided to take Nandini to Sameer when he learns she is in love with Sameer.

It was Nandini's choice , she chose Vanraj .

It is ok if you hate a film. I am not trying to convince you that HDDCS is a great movie or something.

The factual errors are mere semantics. Whether Nandini’s married to Vanraj was pre-fixed does not deviate from the main problem with the movie. Fact is that Nandini loved Sameer. Fact is that she wanted to be with him. Fact is that she did not want to marry Vanraj. Fact is that her father overlooked what she wanted. Fact is that her father still got her married to Vanraj despite the attempted suicide/self harm. 

My mentioning of marrying off was just used as an example to highlight that Bollywood movies have always used similar themes to justify the heroine getting married to another ‘hero’. 

Again, I understand that she chose Vanraj at the end. But the reason why I didn’t like the movie was because the foundation of her relationship/marriage was already unfair to begin with. Her father is the biggest ass I’ve ever encountered close to Amitabh Bachan’s role in Mohobattein. 

surajhere thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: FingerFetish

The factual errors are mere semantics. Whether Nandini’s married to Vanraj was pre-fixed does not deviate from the main problem with the movie. Fact is that Nandini loved Sameer. Fact is that she wanted to be with him. Fact is that she did not want to marry Vanraj. Fact is that her father overlooked what she wanted. Fact is that her father still got her married to Vanraj despite the attempted suicide/self harm. 

My mentioning of marrying off was just used as an example to highlight that Bollywood movies have always used similar themes to justify the heroine getting married to another ‘hero’. 

Again, I understand that she chose Vanraj at the end. But the reason why I didn’t like the movie was because the foundation of her relationship/marriage was already unfair to begin with. Her father is the biggest ass I’ve ever encountered close to Amitabh Bachan’s role in Mohobattein. 

The only part I found objectionable was suicide attempt.  To attempt suicide because you are 18-20 and 'think' that you are in love with somebody is a bit too much. 

I think her father chose correctly.

It is a movie, mirroring reality is not mandatory.

What Bollywood has used is universal. 

Ingrid Bergman leaves Humphrey Bogart because she comes to know her husband is still alive even though she is deeply in love with Rick Blaine in Casablanca. Of course this happens after marriage. In HDDCS it happens before marriage.

JayaBachan thumbnail

The only part I found objectionable was suicide attempt.  To attempt suicide because you are 18-20 and 'think' that you are in love with somebody is a bit too much. 

I think her father chose correctly.

It is a movie, mirroring reality is not mandatory.

What Bollywood has used is universal. 

Ingrid Bergman leaves Humphrey Bogart because she comes to know her husband is still alive even though she is deeply in love with Rick Blaine in Casablanca. Of course this happens after marriage. In HDDCS it happens before marriage.

You and I are never going to see eye to eye with this one. If you claim that her father did the right thing to force his daughter to marry someone against her will - then we have nothing further to say. 

surajhere thumbnail

You and I are never going to see eye to eye with this one. If you claim that her father did the right thing to force his daughter to marry someone against her will - then we have nothing further to say. 

It is a movie plot.

Her father's views and action was the catalyst that took the movie forward, there was no other way. Somebody had to play the villain, SLB chose her father to be the one.

As I said movies need not mirror reality.

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

My question is who did Nandini really love ?? if  she wasnt shot , would she have still chosen  Vanraj ? 

surajhere thumbnail

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

My question is who did Nandini really love ?? if  she wasnt shot , would she have still chosen  Vanraj ? 

I think yes. She would have still chosen Vanraj.

JayaBachan thumbnail

It is a movie plot.

Her father's views and action was the catalyst that took the movie forward, there was no other way. Somebody had to play the villain, SLB chose her father to be the one.

As I said movies need not mirror reality.

Regardless of being a movie plot or not, even in the world of fiction her father did the wrong thing. 

JayaBachan thumbnail

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

I think the shooting scene was the major catalyst of shifting her perspective about him. I don’t think she would have chosen him if she wasn’t shot. Would she be eternally grateful and hold him in high esteem and respect for helping her reunite with Sameer? Yes. 

surajhere thumbnail

Regardless of being a movie plot or not, even in the world of fiction her father did the wrong thing. 

ofcourse he did, but in the end he was proven to be correct.  That is why I said he chose Vanraj correctly.

JayaBachan thumbnail

ofcourse he did, but in the end he was proven to be correct.  That is why I said he chose Vanraj correctly.

Bro it’s not happening 😆. I don’t care if Vanraj ended up being the next messiah. The concept of the movie sucked because they minimised the fathers crime by making Vanraj good. 

Just because the outcome turned out good doesn’t eliminate that the catalyst was less evil.