Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JayaBachan thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

I despise HDDCS. I’d rather watch Mein Prem Ki Dewaani Hoon 10x than watch HDDCS again. I’ll never agree with the concept of ‘sacrificing love to uphold the so-called sanctity of marriage’. Nor can I digest a father forcing his daughter to marry despite the fact that she slit her wrist pining for her love. Seriously WTF. 

At least in DDLJ, the traditional father chose his daughters happiness over his stubborn pride. For that reason alone, I’ll choose this movie any day, month, year or century over that other shitfest. 

Edited by FingerFetish - 3 years ago
Anjalika01 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: FingerFetish

I despise HDDCS. I’d rather watch Mein Prem Ki Dewaani Hoon 10x than watch HDDCS again. I’ll never agree with the concept of ‘sacrificing love to uphold the so-called sanctity of marriage’. Nor can I digest a father forcing his daughter to marry despite the fact that she slit her wrist pining for her love. Seriously WTF. 

At least in DDLJ, the traditional father chose his daughters happiness over his stubborn pride. For that reason alone, I’ll choose this movie any day, month, year or century over that other shitfest. 

This!!  HDDCS's plot was so regressive imo… 

Yes Vanraj was a really good person but there was nothing to suggest Sameer wouldn't do all the same things for Nandini if that situation came up, he was shown to really love her too... the only reason Nandini chose Vanraj seemed to be because they were married and she was grateful to him, which is stupid imo! I hated how she went and said all that to Sameer just before his performance as well, it would have been better if she never went to meet him at all!

Seriously the film is only decent because of the aesthetics, music and Aish Salman chemistry, the story is so very messed up...

Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Lmao! Main prem ki dewaani hoon! Nothing can be that bad 😆

I agree with everything you said. But I don't think Aish left Salman at the end for the sanctity of marriage. She left him because she no longer loved him so she sacrificed nothing. That's the first thing Salman notices that the love that was there for him in her eyes is gone. She would've still gone with Salman had she not fallen in love with Ajay. She talks about how her husband taught her to fulfill the responsibilities of love which is something Salman's character in the movie didn't do at all. 

Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Anjalika01

This!!  HDDCS's plot was so regressive imo… 

Yes Vanraj was a really good person but there was nothing to suggest Sameer wouldn't do all the same things for Nandini if that situation came up, he was shown to really love her too... the only reason Nandini chose Vanraj seemed to be because they were married and she was grateful to him, which is stupid imo! I hated how she went and said all that to Sameer just before his performance as well, it would have been better if she never went to meet him at all!

Seriously the film is only decent because of the aesthetics, music and Aish Salman chemistry, the story is so very messed up...

Wasn't there though? Nandini says "Sameer tumne mujhe pyaar karna sikhaya, par pyaar nibhana maine apne pati se sikha hai". Sameer did his "farz" to his guru and left her so she alone had to fight with her family and society. He dreamed that she would somehow magically come to him. How? In a society so regressive how did he think she would make this journey to him? It didn't matter though because he wasn't worried about the actual hardship and practical obstacles she would face, he was just doing the dreaming part which is easy. So the difficult "pyaar nibhana" part could've been done by Sameer too in different way but he chose something else over their love. Vanraj chose his love for Nandini and tried to fulfill that leaving aside his family's name and respect. He could've been like oh well you figure it out Nandini how you are going to make it to Italy like Sameer did. 

Anjalika01 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rhimjhimsawan

Wasn't there though? Nandini says "Sameer tumne mujhe pyaar karna sikhaya, par pyaar nibhana maine apne pati se sikha hai". Sameer did his "farz" to his guru and left her so she alone had to fight with her family and society. He dreamed that she would somehow magically come to him. How? In a society so regressive how did he think she would make this journey to him? It didn't matter though because he wasn't worried about the actual hardship and practical obstacles she would face, he was just doing the dreaming part which is easy. So the difficult "pyaar nibhana" part could've been done by Sameer too in different way but he chose something else over their love. Vanraj chose his love for Nandini and tried to fulfill that leaving aside his family's name and respect. He could've been like oh well you figure it out Nandini how you are going to make it to Italy like Sameer did. 

Well he basically  had to go because that was what her father asked in return for teaching him, keeping him in their house, etc.... and it was definitely shown in that way, rather than suggesting that Sameer was a bad or weak person for leaving.  But yeah I do agree it would have been a lot better if Sameer refused to leave then... but in all fairness he did keep writing letters to Nandini and trying to contact her, which her Dad of course made sure didn't reach her...

surajhere thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

DDLJ is an overall better film and more enjoyable. So DDLJ.

surajhere thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Nandini does not sacrifice her love for sanctity of marriage.

I hope you watched the penultimate scene in HDDCS in which Nandini and Sameer converse.

Nandini tells Sameer she is no longer in love with him. She has fallen out of love with Sameer and fallen in love with Vanraj.

Sameer says that he does not see the love for him(Sameer) that was there in Nandini's eyes when he left India.

Nandini leaves the man whom she loved(Sameer) and goes back to the man whom she loves now(Vanraj) .

Twinklingmoon thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

In HDDCS's case Beautiful girl not so beautiful guy. I hate the concept of Girls always have to settle for less. So DDLJ is better according to me. 

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Rhimjhimsawan

He did try to contact her through letters which were never delivered . U expect him to go fight his father like the masala movies ? I think they could have shown Sameer moving on with some other girl to make Nandini’s decision seem more right 

JayaBachan thumbnail

Originally posted by: surajhere

Nandini does not sacrifice her love for sanctity of marriage.

I hope you watched the penultimate scene in HDDCS in which Nandini and Sameer converse.

Nandini tells Sameer she is no longer in love with him. She has fallen out of love with Sameer and fallen in love with Vanraj.

Sameer says that he does not see the love for him(Sameer) that was there in Nandini's eyes when he left India.

Nandini leaves the man whom she loved(Sameer) and goes back to the man whom she loves now(Vanraj) .

Let’s be real here. The whole plot line was created to uphold the holy-concept of marriage. This theory has been done to DEATH in Bollywood. Girl loves boy. Boy loves girl. Family screams PAAP at the thought of girl and boy doing dirty sinful deed of falling in love. So what is the solution? Marry her off to someone else! Oh but my favourite is when boy dies, girl is devastated. Girl is compelled to marry other boy. True lover boy returns from the dead - oh he never died but was in coma fighting against life and death to return to his now married beloved. In conclusion lover boy must die ONCE again for real this time cos girl is now married and has to end up with her husband (who she has now grown to love). 

Nandini would have never fallen in love with Vanraj had she not been forced into the marriage. She was depressed and slit her wrist for Sameer. Yet her father STILL forced her to marry 🙄.  By reuniting her with Vanraj at the end, her fathers crime became minimised because ultimately she was taught how to love. So just because she had a happy ending, suddenly it becomes okay that her father sacrificed her happiness to stroke his own pathetic ego? Nah not in my books. I’ll never accept or celebrate Nandini’s love for her husband because the foundation of it was wrong and Sanjay Leela Bhansali wanted to portray an immature girl transforming into a woman when she realises the takkat of sindoooooor. 

😆 
Sorry buddy, I really passionately hate this movie (which is probably very obvious now) and no perspective is going to ease the rage and injustice I feel 😔

Edited by FingerFetish - 3 years ago