FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 4 years ago

Was just thinking about it. Valmiki ji was born as a Shudra and he ended up writing the first ever epic of not just India but entire world.

Was just thinking isn't it the biggest slap on the face of leftist ideologies who state that Shudras were prohibited from studying

Even the Shambhuk episode seems added one, it doesn't make sense that Ramji respects Valmiki ji for his knowledge and punishes Shambhuk for the same

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

He was actually born to a Sage called Prachetasa, and was known by the names Agni Sharma.

General legends suggest ke he got lost in the forest once and was adopted by a hunter couple who renamed him as Ratnakara.

Later on, poverty forced him to become a dacoit, and the rest of the story we know. 😳

I admit ke that might've been a later Brahmanic addition to justify/explain the rise of a low-caste person.

But one thing is clear, he was not respected as a hunder/dacoit, and had to perform penance to elevate/convert himself to the status of a Rishi before he was given the knowledge of Ramayana.

Horizon566 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Even nishadhraj Guha and shabari is an example and from mahabharat yuyutusu and ved vyas(his father brahmin and mother fisherwomen).And as karna is concerned he was sutaputra(means adhiratha father kshatriya and mother brahmin) and he was refused education by drona due to favouritism and political reason and was teased by Pandavas due to his friendship with dury and his talent.But serials show other wise.

Edited by Horizon566 - 4 years ago

Originally posted by: proteeti

He was actually born to a Sage called Prachetasa, and was known by the names Agni Sharma.

General legends suggest ke he got lost in the forest once and was adopted by a hunter couple who renamed him as Ratnakara.

Later on, poverty forced him to become a dacoit, and the rest of the story we know. 😳

I admit ke that might've been a later Brahmanic addition to justify/explain the rise of a low-caste person.

But one thing is clear, he was not respected as a hunder/dacoit, and had to perform penance to elevate/convert himself to the status of a Rishi before he was given the knowledge of Ramayana.

But the world didn't know that he wasn't a Shudra (although I even doubt this story). I have no doubt that people didn't respect him as dacoit but that's a completely different thing not respecting a dacoit/murderer and not respecting a human only for the caste are not even similar

Actually what I wanted to say that not only was he a great Saint but also the creator of the world's first epic that could not have been possible had he been devoid of the opportunity to study (when everyone thought him to be a Shudra)

wayward thumbnail

Actually, far few people knew about the dacoit story. Normal people always knew him to be a Brahmarshi only. 😳

Originally posted by: Horizon566

Even nishadhraj Guha and shabari is an example and from mahabharat yuyutusu and ved vyas(his father brahmin and mother fisherwomen).And as karna is concerned he was sutaputra(means adhiratha father kshatriya and mother brahmin) and he was refused education by drona due to favouritism and political reason and was teased by Pandavas due to his friendship with dury and his talent.But serials show other wise.

Yuyutsu was the son of a king (by a Dasi I know) but then Manusmriti clearly states that any Dasi Putra from master should get all the opportunities, and treatment like the other children of their father. They only won't have the right to inherit, and these we ikids wouldn't be Dasas. So that wasn't a surprise

Agreed to the rest of the examples

Actually, far few people knew about the dacoit story. Normal people always knew him to be a Brahmarshi only. 😳

He wouldn't have become the Brahmrishi in one day. The transition from Ratnakar to Valmiki must have taken some time. And no one objected to him reciting scriptures then. 

My point only is that had Shudras been denied everything including the basic rights, was such thing possible

wayward thumbnail

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

He wouldn't have become the Brahmrishi in one day. The transition from Ratnakar to Valmiki must have taken some time. And no one objected to him reciting scriptures then. 

My point only is that had Shudras been denied everything including the basic rights, was such thing possible

He was saying Ma-Ra only, that was Narad's clever way of bypassing the prevalent laws, and by the time, he conscious started uttering Ra-Ma, he had already transcended that barrier. 😳

The Rama nama loophole is also mentioned in MB as the last portion of Vishnu Sahasranama,

Sri Raama Raama Raam-eti Rame Raame Manorame

Sahasra-nama tat-tulyam Raam naam Varaanane.

Rama is equivalent to the 1000 names of Lord Vishnu. 😳

He was saying Ma-Ra only, that was Narad's clever way of bypassing the prevalent laws, and by the time, he conscious started uttering Ra-Ma, he had already transcended that barrier. 😳

The Rama nama loophole is also mentioned in MB as the last portion of Vishnu Sahasranama,

Sri Raama Raama Raam-eti Rame Raame Manorame

Sahasra-nama tat-tulyam Raam naam Varaanane.

Rama is equivalent to the 1000 names of Lord Vishnu. 😳

You are not getting my point. I am not saying that his becoming a sage was easy. Nor am I doubting his efforts to become a Rishi

But being a Rishi and being a literate are two different things, it's not like suddenly after suddenly after having completed his Tap he got literate as well. You can become a sage by your Bhakti even if you don't know Vedas, but that's not the case here

He had to have at least basic knowledge of writing and read to have read the scriptures once he became the sage n then write the Kavya, he must have acquired that as a Shudra which wasn't possible had the Shudras been the outcaste and not given the permission to read or write by the society

At least I feel so

Horizon566 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

Yuyutsu was the son of a king (by a Dasi I know) but then Manusmriti clearly states that any Dasi Putra from master should get all the opportunities, and treatment like the other children of their father. They only won't have the right to inherit, and these we ikids wouldn't be Dasas. So that wasn't a surprise

Agreed to the rest of the examples

but later he became king of indraprastha