Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Uday_Shetty thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: alina.b

Omg that was fantastic! Shravan is torn between his father and his best friend 😭 Sumo knows that Shravan means well but she can't stand hearing him defend, in her eyes, her father's killer even if it's Shravan's dad! Can't wait for the next update!

Thanks ❤️

Yes, being asked to choose between your closed ones for sure leaves you in pieces.

The next update will be present soon😳

19sharu thumbnail

Waiting eagerly for the next part

Uday_Shetty thumbnail

Thank you❤️

Uday_Shetty thumbnail

Originally posted by: 19sharu

Waiting eagerly for the next part

Will put it up as soon as possible

Veenapai thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 7

Wonderful update. Loved it. Waiting for the next. 

Uday_Shetty thumbnail

Originally posted by: Veenapain

Wonderful update. Loved it. Waiting for the next. 

Thank you❤️

Will put the next update soon

KachraSeth thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pranushka_723

Ok done. I will write the other dialogues in English. Hindi ain't my 1st language but writers prefer writing their story's dialogues in regional language so I thought about it. 

Will translate the dialoues from 1st chapter tomorrow.

Thanks for the appreciation❤️

Will continue it soon.

Thank you dear🤗

Uday_Shetty thumbnail

Thank You everyone for the huge amount of love and appreciation ❤️

The next chapter will be up by Tuesday⭐️

Uday_Shetty thumbnail

Thanks everyone for your good wishes and support❤️

Sorry for being late but Tuesday still ain't over! 

Chapter 2-

It had been a month since Colonel's departure and 15 days since Shravan had left his place. The life in Tiwari house was coming back to something normal all due to constant efforts of Dadu and Kanchan. Anjali was only seen in her room and kitchen and was never present in the living room trying to hide her grief. Beena had stopped complaining to her husband about small things knowing that the entire house was his responsibility now. Dadu was allowing Kanchan to break army discipline so that she could tag Suman with her. Suman would politely refuse, she would only smile at Kanchan's jokes. After her father's death she had hid herself in a shell and now she was trying to come out of it to complete her father's as well as her own dream of serving the country but was finding it difficult day by day.

As she was coming downstairs she heard the noise of a jeep parking. Somedays ago the same sound would make her happy causing her to run towards the door and now she just hated it as it brought back memories of the day. Sigh! Time changes she thought and came downstairs to find Sanjay seating infront of her Dadu. Her Dadu was offering him some food and tea to which he politely refused. Not knowing that Suman was standing some feet behind him Dadu said "the person whose each order you took without blinking an eyelid is no more so pls accept it from me on his behalf" Listening to this a lone tear escaped Suman's eye reminding her how her father used to cook for her family and then insist everyone on eating it. Looking at her condition and trying to control the situation Sanjay called Suman asking her to sit. Sanjay took the tea and said "Brigadier sir I am here to talk about something important so I would prefer everyone being present in the room" Beena was already present in the room she asked Damru to call out for Anjali and informed Sanjay that Kanchan and Ramesh were out to buy some groceries. As Anjali came out of her room Sanjay started "We put in our best officials to enquire in the case before lodging a complain of fraud against Mr. Devraj Malhotra and the result is quite unexpected." Looking at the curious faces he continued "Mr. Malhotra is at no fault it seems. When the transportation of those jackets was going to occur Malhotra company's driver suddenly had an accident and they had to replace him with some other new driver who new the long route to Kashmir. Unfortunately it was a well planned mission by the terrorists to replace the driver and take all the jackets and replace them with fake ones. The driver has accepted his crime. The terrorists meant to obatin the jackets as they were way advance of many other jackets. The false ones were of really cheap quality. And more over the hustle in Kulgam was started on purpose so that army would send some soldiers with the new jackets and then the terrorists would harm our soldiers as well as the gain the jackets. It was like ek teerse do shikaar. We had sent 25 soldiers over there out of which 4 are no more and 3 are injured. While fighting colonel realized that the jackets were fake and warned us but it was late, he himself had two bullets while other soldiers too were harmed. Most of the terrorists had been killed but their motive of gaining jackets as well as harming the soldiers had been accomplished. We made an counter-attack last week and were successful. It seems that they have been doing this in other parts of kashmir in order to grab attention and weaken the security in a targeted area of kashmir. That's it. I just wanted to clear the misunderstanding we all had as Mr. Malhotra had been Sir's best friend and sir trusted him with all his heart" Everyone took some time to seep in the information. Brigadier just replied "thanks for informing Sanjay we all blamed the Malhotra's for something they didn't do" after a long pause he again stated "my heart feels heavy right now, Devraj suffered so much humiliation for a crime done by someone else. " "I have sent him a mail stating all the facts in order to lift the burden on his shoulders" came the reply from Sanjay. Taking the retired army man's permission he left the place. 

Suman hadn't been able to speak a word nor did she shed any tear, she sat like a stone. Suman's mother asked Beena to call Kavita so that she ask for forgiveness. Beena tried but the call was unreachable. 

"Dadu, Suman is not completing her duties nowadays, I have so many responsibilities on my shoulder. Uff! See she even didn't collect the letters and bills from the letter box" Kanchan's playful and dramatic voice was heard in the entrance informing of her return. She entered the living room to see the forlorn faces of everyone. She went to her mother " Did something happen here? Why does everyone here have an sad expression on their face?" Beena narrated the entire incident to her daughter and Ramesh who had just entered the house. After listening to the entire incident Kanchan's eyes first went to Suman, she knew something terrible had occurred between her sister and Shravan. She had seen her sister crying and running to her room. She was damn curious about what had happened and wanted to ask about it to Suman but was waiting for the right time. She went to Suman and asked her whether she was ok. Suman hurriedly replied "What is going to happen me? I am fine.  What were you speaking about? Yes... the letters. Don't worry I will complete my duties. Give me the letters I will arrange them according to their necessity " Suman had the habit of of separating the letters according to their cause. Living in a army family they would receive letters even today moreover Dadu's friends preferred written letters over social media, this caused a bunch of letters to arrive every time. Suman swiftly went to pick the letters from Kanchan's hand. She took the letters and gave some of them to Dadu and Ramesh and kept some of them in a drawer. Looking at the sender's address in the last letter she at last gave up. A tear escaped her eyes swiftly and fell on the letter. Anjali went over to call Suman and took the letter from Suman's hand. Breaking out of her thoughts Suman snatched the letter from her mother's hand and went crying upstairs to her room. Not able to understand her behavior Dadu asked Anjali, "What happened to her? Why did she snatch the letter?" 

"I don't know what happened to her but the letter was from Shravan." replied Anjali.  Kanchan came forward and said, "Suman and Shravan had some fight the day they left this place. I will go to her and you guys don't worry" She went upstairs to find Suman crying hysterically. " Kancha have a look at this letter. I blamed Shravan and his family for something critical they didn't do. He still came up to me to explain his side of story. He expected and trusted me to understand him but what did I do?I... I .... I slapped him Kancha. I always knew he was not good at confronting he even couldn't confront Devika for an expected break up properly. How could I expect him to be excellent at confronting me over such serious and sensitive issue? Oh god Kancha he might be hating me at the moment?" Kanchan took the letter from Suman's hand. The date was the same when they had returned back to Bhopal. It read,

'Dear Sumo Suman,

pls don't get angry at me for writing this letter to you at this time. I tried calling you but you didn't take my call and I understand it. You always say that while conveying something to our loved ones there should be our essence to it hence these letter instead of a text. So coming to the point Suman please try to understand my father never meant to manufacture cheap bullet proof jackets, he never did it. He gave his best but it just didn't turn out to good. Cheating our country was never his intention, he is innocent. Pls don't be angry at us. In the past few days life has been terrible. Papa has been receiving death threats and hence we are moving out today. I have been waiting for your return everyday but maybe we are not going to meet anytime soon. Before leaving I would like to clear this misunderstanding. Inform my condolences to everyone. Even if you don't forgive me I am going to keep trying and remain in contact with you.

Your bestie'

Shravan Devraj Malhotra.'

After reading the letter Kanchan sat near Suman and said "Suman even though you were wrong I am sure Shravan will understand you didn't do it on purpose. Even he might know it, hurting him wasn't your intention so pls don't feel guilty. Shravan has been so mature these days unlike his usual self. Shravan will forgive you, go call him." Suman swiftly wiped her tears and fetched her phone from the table. She called Shravan but the recorded voice played calling the number non-existant. She looked over Kanchan with a frown and gave her phone to listen to the recording. Kanchan tried covering up "You know he is a fool, must've lost his phone and then asked to close down his number so that no one misuses it. Wait I'll call Avni" Kanchan tried calling Avni but her number too didn't exist. "Suman her number too doesn't exist" Suman quickly opened her almost unused Instagram to send him a message but she wasn't able to find his account. All sorts of fear had started to creep in her mind "Kancha did something happen to Shravan and his family? Chachi also said that Kavita aunty's mobile was unreachable. Are they safe? Shravan mentioned in the letter that they received death threats." She was cut in between by Kanchan "Maybe they closed their numbers to avoid those threats. Be positive. You don't have his number but he will be having your number after all you are his best friend. Don't worry he will contact you soon and come down for lunch everyone is worried about you" saying this Kanchan gave her a reassuring smile though she wasn't sure herself and her left the room. 

Suman washed her face and came downstairs. Her food had been served so she started eating without speaking a single word. To lighten up the mood Kanchan complained to her mother that she only cooked Dadu's favorites and not her favorites because Dadu was the eldest and she was the youngest. She cribbed about her fate of being the youngest to receive a witty reply from Dadu calling her the person with least reponsibilities. Suddenly Suman stopped eating and asked Dadu " Can we let the world know that Devraj uncle was innocent and post it in the headlines of tomorrow's newspaper?" Dadu looked at her with adoration after all she truly was turning into a mature person by realising her mistakes and trying to repair them. He replied " I will ask my friend about it. We can post it but I am not sure if it will be on the front page cause all newspapers look for business and this ain't going to profit them anyway but don't worry I'll try." 

The next day an article was posted but in a short paragraph at an corner of 2nd page. Suman could not help but feel remorse and pity over her fate of loosing her loved ones. She wondered if the whole world is going to be like this selfish and hungry for money and fame.

_________

It had been a month for the letter incident and Suman had been pretty sad in the initial days but suddenly she had a spirit to be like Shravan. She had started using social media regularly to check if any of her school friends was in contact with Her Shravan. She would accompany Kanchan to theaters cause Shravan had the habit of going to theaters every now and then. She was trying to do all things Shravan did without breaking the army discipline. Throughout this her goal never left even for a second, she was striving hard to fulfill her dream of joining army.

Love causes a change in people; a positive change. A person in love starts becoming a better version of their own-self by imbibing the values ,qualities and habits of the person they love. It's like they loose themselves to their loved ones!

P.S- Do comment and tell whether you like it or not. 

Sorry for not having Shravan in this chapter but he will be there soon😳

Loads of love,

Lavanya❤️

alina.b thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

First comment! Wow story was gripping! Such a mystery - where is Shravan and his family? I hope he's ok! Can't wait for the next chapter!

Edited by alina.b - 4 years ago