SuVan SS: United by Love Complete Pg 17 *22/5/20*

Posted: 3 years ago

Hii, everyone its my 1st time I am writing something. I have zero experience in this so pls excuse my mistakes and feel free to point out them.

Lets start it without any delay.

United By Love

It had been a week since the 12th boards were over and Shravan had left for Chandigarh as soon as the boards were over to meet his cousin sister who had given birth to a son. Earlier it was decided between Suman and Shravan that they were going to join some guitar class in their holidays but the programme had been postponed because Shravan was too interested in meeting the newborn baby.

At Shravan's place-

"Is anyone present here who can feed their young son?" Shravan's voice ringed in the Malhotra house. His mother came out from her room with her everpresent smile and hugged her son. In her sweet punjabi tone asked "You have turned so thin my dear son? Come I will serve you some food. How was your trip? Did you have fun in Chandigarh ? It's been so long that I haven't seen you? This house will be filled with happiness again." As she was about to move into the kitchen the door opened again and Devraj Malhotra entered. His shoulders had stooped, his face was blotched due to the tears flowing from his eyes. Shravan went forward and asked "What happened Papa?" and the only reply which he got was "Colonel sir is gone" and more tears flowed from his eyes. Shravan's mind automatically flashed an image of crying Suman and he ran towards the door turning a deaf ear to his father's plea of not going to the Tiwari house.

As Shravan ran out of his house he saw the Army jeep and knew the message had been delivered. His pace only increased with the shortening of distance, his heartbeats increased thinking of his Sumo. When he reached the entrance of Tiwari house he was able to see Sanjay standing at the entrance and was able to hear the sobs of Anjali Tiwari. As he was about to enter Sanjay shaked his head asking him not to enter the house but Shravan was adamant. He looked around and couldn't find Suman. He knew she wont cry in front the army personnels and would be in her room. He quickly climbed the stairs and saw Suman sitting on the floor with the father's photo in her hand. Kanchan was sitting next to her sister consoling her. When she saw Shravan she too shaked her head and asked him to go from there. Shravan wasn't able to understand what was wrong with everyone asking him to move out but he didn't care his present priority was Suman. He moved towards Suman and Kanchan got up, over the time as Shravan and Suman's friendship grew Kanchan had known that Shravan won't hurt her sister intentionally. She moved out of the room to be with her dadu. As Shravan went to sit next to Suman she shouted "go from here, leave me alone" To which Shravan firmly replied "I am not going to go anywhere, you can throw all of your anger and grief over me" Suman knew Shravan was as stubborn as bull and wasn't interested in fighting with him at this moment so she just gave up and brought her knees closer to her chest and put her head on her knees. Shravan just encircled his hand around her shoulders giving her support. He didn't know what he was supposed to say. They remained in the same position for couple of hours. 

Shravan could still feel her crying, he himself wasn't able to stop his tears so asking her to stop would be insane. Her body temperature was rising with time and Shravan knew that she had fever. He was thinking about bringing her some food, that's when Kanchan arrived with a plate in her hand and glass of water. Shravan stood up and took the plate and glass from her hand. Kanchan took Suman's head in her hands cupping her face and said "Suman have this food, I know you are not interested but Dadu has ordered you to have it and you even fainted sometime ago" Shravan took in the news of Suman fainting by a shock but knew it wasn't the time for baseless questios. He told Kanchan that he would feed her. As Shravan took the spoon of rice near Suman's mouth she turned her head to the otherside refusing to eat. Shravan said, "Do you know uncle always wanted to see you as a strong girl, if you keep on behaving like this how will you turn strong? Uncle will never be happy to see you in such state, have this food not for anyone of us but for uncle." Suman still shaked her head but Shravan took the spoon to her mouth for which she unwillingly opened her mouth. Shravan fed her spoon by spoon. Suman held his hand as he was about to feed her. She just said one thing "I can't eat anymore" She had eaten her half food but Shravan didn't want to force her so he let it go. He got up pulled out one of her drawers and brought some medicine for her fever. He held out the medicine for her to which she replied "Why?" The only reply was "you have fever". He held out the glass to her and said " pls take this medicine" She took the medicine absent mindedly. Shravan took the empty glass and plate and kept it on the table aside. 

He stood by the table looking at her. She was looking at the photo in her hand, she would touch her fathers face in the photo so softly as if the photo frame would break of pressure. He didn't know how much time passed that he was looking at her. He came out of his trance when his mobile phone beeped. He just said sorry when he found her looking at him. He took out his phone and found a message from his mother asking him to come home soon. That's when he looked at the timing it was already 10.00pm. He asked Suman to sleep to which she obediently lay on her bed. She was just behaving like a robot. Shravan covered her with a quilt and applied some balm to her forehead which was still hot but better than her situation before. He sat on a stool beside her head caressing her head. About half an hour later Kanchan came in and said "Shravan you should go, it's late night. Mummy papa have arrived from the cantonment after signing some important documents. We will go out tomorrow morning itself for the last rites, then we will move out to Varanasi after all it was Badepapa's last wish. I don't know when are we going to be back but thanks for being here and helping Suman. While going go through the backdoor" Shravan took in the information and asked "why?" with his eyebrows furrowed Kanchan said "I guess you don't know it. Believe me and go home you can ask Mr. Devraj Malhotra himself" Shravan wanted to ask her the reason there itself but left not wanting to break Suman's sleep.

A thousand questions were running in his mind when he entered his house. Why did Kanchan call his father by his name and not uncle like she usually would? Why was everyone asking him to move out from the Tiwari house? Did he or someone from his family hurt her family? He rubbed the question thinking everyone at his house is good and wise except him. As he was trying to answer his questions himself he heard his father's voice "Are you okay? Did anyone speak to you about it? Believe me Shravan I haven't done anything wrong?" and he started crying. Shravan went near his father and asked " What's wrong Papa? Why is no one ready to answer my questions? Why was everyone asking me to leave the place Papa?" His father fell back on the sofa and said " our company was manufacturing bullet proof jackets for the army. Army had given some of these jackets to the soldiers today. Colonel sir also wore the same jacket but still he had two bullets in his chest. Trust me Shravan I used the best material to manufacture the jackets. I will never betray my nation. I don't know why the jackets did not turn out to be up to the mark? I had given my best in manufacturing them." Shravan now got the major missing part of his puzzle. He bowed down and stood on his knees in front of his father and said "I trust you papa. I will settle this for good. I will go and inform everything to Dadu". His father faintly smiled and said everything is not easy and went in his room. Shravan slowly went in his room and threw the books on the table here and there messing up the room. He questioned god why was this happening with him and Suman only.

Next Morning-

Shravan hadn't been able to sleep throughout the night and had slept at 4.00am. He woke up again around 6.00am when he heard some jeep park. He quickly got out of his bed and saw Suman and her family were leaving for Varanasi. All of them were covered in white clothes. Kanchan was helping Suman while Beena was helping Anjali. Shravan's eyes automatically were filled with tears looking at the condition of the family. All of them were soon gone in the jeep.

Shravan thought of clearing his mind and taking a hot bath. Even after all this attempts he couldn't get his mind to be stable. He came out of the bathroom cleaned his messed room and went downstairs. As he went down he saw a newspaper being thrown from his father's hand. When he went to see what was present in the newspaper that had irked his father so much he felt a shock. 'Devraj Malhotra the cause for death of 4 soldiers?' was the headline on the first page. As he read further his heart clenched. The newspaper directly blamed his father saying that he used cheap materials from his brother's company which was false. Shravan tore the paper and threw it in dustbin.

The next few days had been pretty tough for the Malhotra family. Everyone in the house was getting calls asking if the news for true while some were directly blaming them. Devraj even got a call where a man threatened to kill his full family. Shravan's uncle suggested that they all move out from here somewhere far and his aunt suggested Chandigarh.

Shravan would everyday wait in his balcony to see whether the Tiwari clan arrived. It had been 13 days since Suman had left and Shravan was going to leave his house too. He wanted to meet her and explain his part of story but feared whether he would meet her again. That's when an idea struck him. What if wrote a letter? But then who would post it? That's when Jhumri entered and ask if all his belongings could be taken downstairs he replied with a positive nod and thought to himself 'good Shravan you're very brilliant'. Shravan wrote a letter and went to Jhumri and asked her to post it. Shravan heard the sound of a jeep parking and soon went out of the house to actually find Suman and Kanchan walking together towards their gate. Shravan soon ran to Suman, she looked better than the other day but she was still far away from herself. Watching Shravan approaching them she pointed it out to Suman and left from there. When Shravan came near here he asked "are you good" to which she just nodded he further continued" I know Suman at present you might be hating my family but Suman trust me papa never used cheap quality material for the jackets. Suman I don't want any misunderstandings in our families. We are leaving today I just wanted to talk to you about this. Trust me papa is innocent " **thud** Suman slapped him. She replied "Shravan I never thought that you would be here to speak about this crap. You know what, get into someone else's shoes and see what have they lost due to someone else's mistake sorry sorry not mistake it is a small word but due to someone else's greed. What do you think you father is speaking the truth? All news channels and officials are speaking the same that Mr. Devraj Malhotra your father is a fraud. But no you won't be able to see it. Just leave from here. It will be better if you or anyone from your family doesn't come in front of us" And Suman left from there with tears in her eyes. Shravan stood rooted in his place. Unknown to them Devraj had heard their entire conversation he went to Shravan and asked him to sit in the car.

Suman went crying in her room, she knew slapping Shravan was wrong when he had every right to defend his father but for her he was her best friend and not Devraj Malhotra's son. Hearing her bestfriend defend her father's  culprit caused her blood to boil and she vent out all the anger on him.

To be continued...

_______

That's it for today.

Do comment and tell whether you liked it or not. 

Should I write the dialogues in hindi or english? Suggestions are welcomed.

-Lavanya

Edited by Pranushka_723 - 3 years ago

Index:

Chapter 1- Pg 1

Chapter 2- Pg 3

Chapter 3- Pg 4

Chapter 4- Pg 6

Chapter 5- Pg 7

Chapter 6- Pg 9

Chapter 7- Pg 11

Chapter 8- Pg 12

Chapter 9- Pg 14

Chapter 10- Pg17

Edited by Pranushka_723 - 3 years ago

I liked it Lavanya... and please write the dialogues in English because I have myself  struggled initially with many stories written in Hindi😆I know how difficult it is to miss out on such gems because of just the language barrier.😔

Do continue it.

Love 

Vagee❤️

Wow !! Definitely a great start ! The hindi dialogues r fine , if u r more comfortable with English go ahead. Waiting for the next chapter. Good luck.

I don't know if I should say this but while reading this I got season 1 vibes 🤭 especially the part when Shravan was consoling Sumo. 

Great going Lavanya! Our forum is filled with such creative writers!👏

Edited by Bucky - 3 years ago

Omg that was fantastic! Shravan is torn between his father and his best friend 😭 Sumo knows that Shravan means well but she can't stand hearing him defend, in her eyes, her father's killer even if it's Shravan's dad! Can't wait for the next update!

Originally posted by Vageeshwarics

I liked it Lavanya... and please write the dialogues in English because I have myself  struggled initially with many stories written in Hindi😆I know how difficult it is to miss out on such gems because of just the language barrier.😔

Do continue it.

Love 

Vagee❤️

Ok done. I will write the other dialogues in English. Hindi ain't my 1st language but writers prefer writing their story's dialogues in regional language so I thought about it. 

Will translate the dialoues from 1st chapter tomorrow.

Thanks for the appreciation❤️

Will continue it soon.

Originally posted by Deos

Wow !! Definitely a great start ! The hindi dialogues r fine , if u r more comfortable with English go ahead. Waiting for the next chapter. Good luck.

Thanks for your good wishes❤️

I will write the further dialogues in English as I am comfortable in both languages.

Originally posted by Deos

I don't know if I should say this but while reading this I got season 1 vibes 🤭 especially the part when Shravan was consoling Sumo. 

I have been a huge fan of EDKV1 and can't help but draw parallels between the two. Both were ready to do anything to be with their loved ones but feared being rejected and respected the views of their loved ones. Maybe that's why both characters seem similar.