Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Rajitha_rajji95

Haaaaaai..... When u r gng to update the nxt chapter.....!!!!🤗🤗🤗

Tonight or by tomorrow evening😳

Bucky thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Great chapter but you left us on a cliffhanger😭 Can't wait to read what happens once Shravan and Suman come face to face.

Edited by Bucky - 4 years ago
Uday_Shetty thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bucky

Great chapter but you left us on a cliffhanger😭 Can't wait to read what happens once Shravan and Suman come face to face.

Thank you. Won't make you waiting for long⭐️

Uday_Shetty thumbnail

Before starting the Chapter I will like to request y'all to listen to 'If this was a movie' by Taylor Swift as this chapter contains some lines from it and can help you get the feel.

Chapter 4

After 6 months

Shravan was ordered to go on a secret mission in the north to rescue some common people in north who were held hostages and were being brainwashed to work against the nation. As many women and children were held hostages 6 female officers were going to be sent along with 8 male officers. Two members of the team were captains, Captain Avinash Rathore and Captain Suman Tiwari. Captain Rathore was senior to Shravan by 2 years of age and they had known each other well over their time in cant. Reading Suman's name Shravan was obviously happy at first but then his clouds of insecurity started crowding his brain. He lay in his bed thinking whether he had taken the right decision by letting her join his mission. Then he thought that he was Major Shravan Malhotra  and she was a Captain and their personal life shouldn't affect his country. He slept while an unknown smile crept up his face.

Suman had received a order of joining the cant. in Delhi to join a secret mission under the lead of Major Shravan Malhotra. She was happy to read her leader's name but was doubtful whether he would be happy to find her over there. She too thought to herself that she is a Captain and is not going to care about her personal life at present.

Suman was unable to sleep, excitement, nervousness, and all emotions in the world were taking her in control one minute she would be happy and the next minute she would be fearing the consequences of rejection. She turned the radio on it was playing some new version of an old song so Suman just changed the channel to an English one. The radio started:

Last night I heard my own heart beating

Sounded like footsteps on my stairs

Six months gone and I'm still reaching

Even though I know you're not there

I was playing back a thousand memories, baby

Thinking 'bout everything we've been through

Maybe I've been going back too much lately

When time stood still and I had you

Come back, come back, come back to me like

You would, you would if this was a movie

Stand in the rain outside 'til I came out

Come back, come back, come back to me like

You could, you could if you just said you're sorry

I know that we could work it out somehow

But if this was a movie you'd be here by now

I know people change and these things happen

But I remember how it was back then

Suman just turned the radio off, she coludn't take it more. She wondered how much her life was similar to the song. Since the last 6 months she had been thinking that if her life would have been a movie Shravan would have come to her. She would have been together with him by now. But her life wasn't a movie but reality and miracles don't occur she thought. She was pondering on their memories nowadays for more time than she was six months ago before seeing him. She felt that the song was inspired after her life itself. She felt asleep while thinking about how her life would change in a few days, she wasn't sure if it was going to be positive change or negative change but a change was destined for sure.

After 2 days-

All officers on mission were set to attend a meeting with some seniors at 10.00am for sharing their ideas and planning their mission.

It had been 5 minutes past 10.00am and Suman wasn't still present. 5 minutes in army were like a day, important decisions were taken in 5 minutes. It was decided that they were not going to wait anymore. As Shravan was about to start his presentation the door opened and Suman entered. She came with some files in her hand and asked for forgiveness. Shravan gestured her to take her seat and spoke, "Give the information you brought with yourself Captain" looking at the arched eyebrows he answered, "She obviously won't be late for some unimportant reason, moreover she brought a different file along with our normal files" Suman was very much impressed with his trust but couldn't let her emotions flow at the moment. She heard a whisper 'how come she was saved from Major's wrath' 'did you not hear what major said' Suman smiled to herself how were these people supposed to know their story. She passed on the file to Shravan and spoke, "Major I analysed the news we received and obtained some information, it seems around 30-35 people are held as hostages and their leader too is present with them he doesn't seem to trust any of his people. He has some important information with him about his future plans according to his recent searches and downloads. I have asked the IT cell to look into this matter we might get the information by afternoon. That's it, thank you." Suman usually would work hard to help in the mission but this time she had taken extra efforts to impress SOMEONE. As she sat she saw Rashmi seating towards the other side, this irked Suman. Colonel on hearing the information suggested that they should take some more people with them. Shravan denied it stating the reason as "The way we are keeping tabs on them they too have kept tabs on us and taking this many people would alert them and our chances of being successful would fall" The Colonel agreed to his point. Shravan discussed his plan and everyone approved of it. Captain Rathore took the duty on himself of providing correct information from IT cell and went to look into that matter. Soon everyone dispersed and Shravan rushed to his cabin to make sure the arrangements were going on well.

Suman waited outside Shravan's cabin for sometime but did not dare to disturb him. Someone from the team called her and she left the place.The whole day passed in making arrangements, planning and both were not able to meet or even have a look of each other. 

It was 10.00 at night and all the members of the mission except Suman, Rashmi and two other were sitting near the bonfire due to the cold. One of them was speaking about his hometown and it's glorious culture. Rashmi called Suman from her cabin asking her too join her in distributing streaming hot cups of tea. Suman accepted her requested and they both carried the cups and distributed them. As Suman held the cup in front of Shravan, Rashmi came and said, "Captain, Major doesn't drink tea with sugar and milk. He prefers his green tea and sometimes black tea." Suman unknowingly frowned was about to take her hand back when Shravan took the cup from her hand "It's alright, I'll take it" A bright smile appeared on Suman's face and Rashmi left the place remembering how Shravan had refused to drink it when she had called him at house. 

Shravan was sure six months ago when he had seen Suman smile that she wasn't angry anymore and knew about the truth and they would solve their differences but when she had left the place without meeting him he felt dejected. He felt she blamed his dad and his family even now the same way his dad would occasionally would blame himself for not checking on the driver. He wished to confront her but knew that the time and place were not correct. He did not want to hurt her and hence took the cup of tea breaking his own rule. He decided he would talk to her after the mission.

The next morning they all were off. They reached by evening and rested in the nearby army headquarters. It was decided that they would set off on their mission at mid-night.

The team of all 15 members were ready and it was decided by Shravan that they would be divided in 3 groups lead by him, Captain Tiwari and Captain Rathore. The Captains were given instructions and informed off their responsibilities.

When they reached the exact location that is a building it was decided that Captain Rathore's team would bring out the hostages Major's team would fight the terrorists and Captain Suman's team would patrol from outside and lead the hostages to the bus which was waiting at a distance. The mission being carried at night was a plus point as the leader and some of his men were probably sleeping. Captain Rathore was able to rescue all 32 people and all terrorists except the leader had been injured or killed. One of the army men was injured and quickly rushed to the bus ready with equipment for all tragedies. As Shravan's team ensured that all hostages were rescued Shravan took out his tab and followed the signal show on tab. Yes, the IT dept. was successful in finding out the exact location of all illegal activities and their suspicion of some information being there was possibly true. Shravan had decided before itself that along with rescuing the hostages obtaining the information was also an important part of his mission. He ordered Captain Rathore too follow him with some men to the leader's room. He knew risking the information was no joke and decided to be fully prepared. As Shravan opened the door to the passage he heard a buzzing sound. He followed the direction to find a bomb with a timer of 3 minutes on the ceiling. He quickly ordered, "Captain take all the boys out of here. There is a time bomb. The leader is anyway going to be dead and for the information I will take it's responsibility. Get out NOW" The troop left soon knowing that the Major was right. But Captain Rathore stayed, "I can't leave you alone Sir." "Leave and this are my orders. Take this tab, I will connect the device where all the information is to my pen drive and it's connected to the tab. Give it to the IT dept. they will obtain the information. Don't forget you have a wife, a family, a nation to look after, LEAVE." Avinash understood that the time left was decreasing every second and unwillingly followed the orders. 

Shravan quickly entered the passage with his rifle in hand to hear a voice, "You are here? I have been waiting for so long." Shravan followed the voice which lead him to the last room. A man in his mid thirties was sitting in an old chair with a gun and a knife at his side. As Shravan entered the room the man continued "I will love to see the fear in your eyes when you will be dead. I know we both are getting killed but my mission is accomplished of killing the hostages and you will fail" Shravan quicly retorted "Sorry to say but the hostages have been freed and I have the information too. Don't trust me? Have a look yourself. The leader looked at the table for a mini second and was going to fetch his mobile when Shravan shot a bullet at his feet. Shravan quickly went near the table, opened the bag but soon blood splashed on the bag. A bullet had hit his right shoulder and as a result he threw his rifle automatically. He took out the gun from his boots with his left hand and fired a bullet at the terrorist's hand causing the gun in his hand to slip away. Shravan took out the laptop and was going to join the pen drive when a knife came and got stuck in his right leg. He fell down on his knees with a gasp and shot another bullet in the leaders head this time, he wanted to capture him alive but was left with no option. The terrorist was dead and Shravan fell on the ground but inserted the pen drive before.

Avinash came out after his troop. One of them told Suman about the time bomb. As she saw Avinash return she asked, "Where's Shravan?" "Major is inside, he ordered me to get out. He has taken the responsibility of transferring the files on himself and I trust him. Keeping so many people's lives at risk didn't seem proper there. We still have 1 min 30 secs" They soon heard 4 bullets being fired. "I can't wait here anymore. I am going only 45 secs are left" Suman announced. As she was about to enter Rashmi stopped her. The tab with Avinash soon beeped the Captain announced that all information had been successfully transferred and their mission was successful. Only 20 secs were remaining and Rashmi along with others were trying to stop Suman from entering when they saw a familiar figure come. Shravan returned, he was limping and looked like he would fall any moment. Watching him come Suman ran to him and the other officers followed, Her face was filled with tears. She quickly went and supported him. Captain Rathore and the other boys soon carried him to bus. While going they heard the bomb blast. Suman was following Shravan and Shravan had noticed her tears, he softly spoke " I am fine" and then he was given Anesthesia.

Suman was pacing back and forth infront of the hospital room. The doctor had removed the bullet from his shoulder and bandaged his wounds. He had his scapula fractured and a big wound was present on his right leg along with the minor cuts and bruises.

The doctor informed her that he was going to be ok but she was wanted to see him with her own eyes. Avinash and Rashmi were waiting in the passage too. Brigadier Singh entered and informed that Shravan was going to be shifted to Delhi. Suman went to him and asked, "Can we shift him to Bhopal? Please sir I insist." Rashmi came in between "Yes, papa please" The brigadier accepted the request and went to change the orders. "Thanks Rashmi" Suman suddenly had a new sister like feel for Rashmi. Rashmi said, "I know you both know each other and narrated a incident-

*Flashback*

The day before the meeting Rashmi was informing Shravan about the specialties of each team member when she told Shravan "Captain Tiwari- She is good at hand to hand combat" "The info is wrong it should be shooting" Shravan absent mindedly told her while arranging the files in his cupboard. Rashmi rechecked to realise that he was right. 

Shravan remembered that Suman was good at everything in NCC but when it came to shooting she was exceptional, he still remembered minute details about her and would sleep thinking if she had changed.

*Flashback ends*

Take care of him Captain I am going, bye" and Rashmi left

That's it for today. 

I have an online test on this upcoming Monday so the next update may come on Tuesday or Wednesday. 

Do like and comment if you like the chapter.

Criticism is welcomed too.

Edited by Pranushka_723 - 4 years ago
alina.b thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Yay! First comment! Aww I love how he took the tea with milk and sugar from her and even remembered her specialty in combat. Loved this chapter! Good luck on your test!! ❤️

Bucky thumbnail

Early here this time around Loved the chapter and the little flashback; subtle yet sweet! Beautifully penned down! Can't wait for more!

Uday_Shetty thumbnail

Originally posted by: alina.b

Yay! First comment! Aww I love how he took the tea with milk and sugar from her and even remembered her specialty in combat. Loved this chapter! Good luck on your test!! ❤️

Thanks for your good wishes and I guess love improves your memory😆

Uday_Shetty thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bucky

Early here this time around Loved the chapter and the little flashback; subtle yet sweet! Beautifully penned down! Can't wait for more!

Thank you!❤️

I will try to update the next chapter soon😳

Bucky thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pranushka_723

Thank you!❤️

I will try to update the next chapter soon😳

Take your time dear. Good luck on the test👍