Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HakunaMatata. thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: RunParoRun

I would try watching Rishta.com and Mahi Way, those were personal favs. I also used to love those old shows on Sony TV in the late 90s/early 2000s like Dil Se Dosti, Just Mohabbat, etc. 

Yess... these were some realistic shows.. Especially MahiWay.. a regular girl as your heroine.. struggling with body issues but confident as hell.. 

I was just a bit disappointed towards the end...

{SPOILER} Two oh so handsome dudes chasing after her.. not that it cant happen... but both model level sexy... fighting over her

Bhai humare ssath toh aisa nahi hota

Edited by HakunaMatata. - 4 years ago
HakunaMatata. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

Of course I have! Chad was my favourite part of the show 😆

I loved Jackson from Hannah Montana as well, he had some of the best punchlines.

Hows Good Luck Charlie? I know Disney India made some pathetic remake of it and I didn't watch either.

Ppl discussing Disney shows.. Ahhh best!

I left saas bahu sagas the day I discovered Disney 😆

Those shows were gold... Hannah Montana, Thats so Raven, Lizzie McGuire, Sonny with a chance, Wizards of waverly place, Suite life of Zack and Cody, the Elephant Princess etc.

Ealier it was just one show per day or something.. used to so eagerly wait for those..

Disney Hindi remakes didnt look appealing to me.. Also their English shows now look very pheeka.. maybe they are indeed Pheeka or I might have gust grown out of that phase..

HakunaMatata. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anjalika01

Movies set in big cities might be relatable to most people on IF...but the small town stories are relatable to most people in India watching these films...and that’s exactly what’s made this trend last so long!

True that.. but there needs to be some movies/shows which appeals to the urban youth.. Not even urban... maybe just youth in general.. TV is filled with saas-bahu serials and NEtflix, Amazon has high concept shows or dark edgy shows.. middle ground hai hi nahi..

Recently I watched Elite... its good for bingewatching... some high school drama with murder mystery thrown in it... Would love to see something similar in Indian setting..

Gul_bahar thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: HakunaMatata.

Pyaar mein kabhi kabhi is that mussu mussu haasi movie right? Love those songs.. need to watch the movie..!

Yes yes it's that movie. I think you'd like it. Bas thoda lambi movie hai😆

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Ppl discussing Disney shows.. Ahhh best!

I left saas bahu sagas the day I discovered Disney 😆

Those shows were gold... Hannah Montana, Thats so Raven, Lizzie McGuire, Sonny with a chance, Wizards of waverly place, Suite life of Zack and Cody, the Elephant Princess etc.

Ealier it was just one show per day or something.. used to so eagerly wait for those..

Disney Hindi remakes didnt look appealing to me.. Also their English shows now look very pheeka.. maybe they are indeed Pheeka or I might have gust grown out of that phase..

Holy shit u watched Elephant Princess?! God I LOVED that show! God I have the biggest smile on my face now 😃😃

Gul_bahar thumbnail

I watched it too! The elephant Princess. I was fascinated by the traditional dresses they used for royalty characters.😆Its on Amazon prime.

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail

Originally posted by: Panditaain_ji

I watched it too! The elephant Princess. I was fascinated by the traditional dresses they used for royalty characters.😆Its on Amazon prime.

I was obsessed with that show 😂😂 I so wanted Alex and Kuru to end up together, but they messed up season 2 so bad!

Btw do u know the lead actress, Emily Robins is married now?! And she studied law or something as well and I guess she's given up acting 😳

Edited by Ashley.Tisdale - 4 years ago
Gul_bahar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

I was obsessed with that show 😂😂 I so wanted Alex and Kuru to end up together, but they messed up season 2 so bad!

Btw do u know the lead actress, Emily Robins is married now?! And she studied law or something as well and I guess she's given up acting 😳

yeah me too. They had chemistry.⭐️

Oh I had no idea she was married. 

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail

Originally posted by: Panditaain_ji

yeah me too. They had chemistry.⭐️

Oh I had no idea she was married. 

Neither did I until I Googled her one day. She looked gorgeous. ❤️

Anjalika01 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

True that.. but there needs to be some movies/shows which appeals to the urban youth.. Not even urban... maybe just youth in general.. TV is filled with saas-bahu serials and NEtflix, Amazon has high concept shows or dark edgy shows.. middle ground hai hi nahi..

Recently I watched Elite... its good for bingewatching... some high school drama with murder mystery thrown in it... Would love to see something similar in Indian setting..

That is true tbh...these days everyone is so interested in doing “something different” that the typical high school/college drama’s with entertaining characters and storylines WITHOUT frequent crime, ghosts etc.