Posted: 4 years ago

Does Bollywood have enough portrayal of urban metropolitan romance? 

Small town romance and comedies are flavour of the season.. Some of them are really good, but somewhere the relatability factor is missing.

I loved Wake Up the Sid the most and could relate to it. College life, the sweet friendships and then a budding romance.

Some other movies are 

Jaane Tu Ya Jaane na, 

Mujhse Fraandship Karoge, 

YJHD, 

DCH..

Havent watched Socha na Tha yet.

TV Series would include Hip Hip Hurray from the 90s. It makes me feel nostalgic of the school days.

Can you guys list some of the other movies/series of this kind of genre?

Edited by HakunaMatata. - 4 years ago

I used to watch Miley Jab hum tum 

Also there's an old movie but not very popular...Rules pyar Ka superhit formula.. something like that. I remember enjoying that movie.

Pyar mein Kabhi Kabhi

Kyu! Ho gaya na

Saathiya

Originally posted by HakunaMatata.

TV Series would include Hip Hip Hurray from the 90s. It makes me feel nostalgic of the school days.

This was the first TV show I watched religiously.

I also followed the TV show Remix for a few months. Also Rishta.com was really good. Its sad YRF shut its TV wing and Rishta didn't get a Season 2. Shruti-Kavi were so cute.

In comedy shows: Sarabhai was fantastic. Its new season was crap.

Edited by togepe30 - 4 years ago

U need to watch Socha Na Tha!

Well I was a huge fan of Disney shows but when they stopped I started watching Star One. The only two shows I religiously followed were Miley Jab Hum Tum and my personal fave, Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani. I still drool over hottie vampire Vivian when I watch him on Hotstar 😂❤️

I used to watch kyun hota hai pyaar on star plus.

Originally posted by Ashley.Tisdale

U need to watch Socha Na Tha!

Well I was a huge fan of Disney shows but when they stopped I started watching Star One. The only two shows I religiously followed were Miley Jab Hum Tum and my personal fave, Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani. I still drool over hottie vampire Vivian when I watch him on Hotstar 😂❤️

I love Disney shows too! Recently finished watching Sonny with a Chance. Have you seen that? Chad Dylan Cooper had some hilarious lines.😆

Edit: Currently watching Good Luck Charlie. 

Edited by Panditaain_ji - 4 years ago

My favorite urban/upper middleclass romantic movie is Mera Pehla Pehla Pyaar.

https://youtu.be/eYTSjxwIYHM

I would try watching Rishta.com and Mahi Way, those were personal favs. I also used to love those old shows on Sony TV in the late 90s/early 2000s like Dil Se Dosti, Just Mohabbat, etc. 

Originally posted by Panditaain_ji

I love Disney shows too! Recently finished watching Sonny with a Chance. Have you seen that? Chad Dylan Cooper had some hilarious lines.😆

Edit: Currently watching Good Luck Charlie. 

Of course I have! Chad was my favourite part of the show 😆

I loved Jackson from Hannah Montana as well, he had some of the best punchlines.

Hows Good Luck Charlie? I know Disney India made some pathetic remake of it and I didn't watch either.

Originally posted by Ashley.Tisdale

Of course I have! Chad was my favourite part of the show 😆

I loved Jackson from Hannah Montana as well, he had some of the best punchlines.

Hows Good Luck Charlie? I know Disney India made some pathetic remake of it and I didn't watch either.

I wish there was season 3 but Demi had to leave because of her health. Don't like the fact that Chad and Sonny were broken up when it ended. 🥱 I keep watching some scenes on YouTube like their first date, and the parody Mackenzie stalls🤣

Yeah Hannah Montana was super funny too.

Hindi version of Good Luck Charlie is so so bad! Very cringey😆 Original one is fine.