Posted: 4 years ago

DIL HAI KE MANTA NAHI

the BEST urban romantic movie from early 90s

Edited by taniya.91 - 4 years ago
iheartu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: RunParoRun

I would try watching Rishta.com and Mahi Way, those were personal favs. I also used to love those old shows on Sony TV in the late 90s/early 2000s like Dil Se Dosti, Just Mohabbat, etc. 

Just Mohabbat was amazing!! Sony TV used to have some good shows back then, Family No.1, Hum Sub Ek Hain, Jassi Jaisi, Boogie Woogie... aahh.. good old memories

srkat thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

You guys NEED to watch Astitva Ek Prem Kahaani. It was a FANTASTIC urban romantic show that deals with issues such as infidelity. A show quite ahead of its time in the mid-2000s when some shows were still focused on typical saas-bahu type drama. This show has some of that, but that saas-bahu drama is just a small part of the show...the show has many layers to it, and has a feel-good vibe to it with some tremendous background music and excellent acting performances by the leads Niki Walia (who looks gorgeous and looks like Madhuri Dixit!) and Varun Badola!

Episode 1: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0q4a-h7Cgrk

Edited by srkat - 4 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

This was really the only one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz5KauCbjPI

BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

DCH is my fav! It's that one unorthodox movie which somewhat changed the traditional Indian movie formula in my opinion. I could be wrong but it was so unique at that time even my dad who's not into Indian movies simply loved it

Unfair_Salman thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Movies - you mentioned pretty much all the popular ones.

TV shows - Miley Jab Hum Tum, Hitler Didi and Na Bole Tumna Maine Kuch Kaha.

Anjalika01 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Movies set in big cities might be relatable to most people on IF...but the small town stories are relatable to most people in India watching these films...and that’s exactly what’s made this trend last so long!

HakunaMatata. thumbnail

Edited by HakunaMatata. - 4 years ago
HakunaMatata. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Panditaain_ji

I used to watch Miley Jab hum tum 

Also there's an old movie but not very popular...Rules pyar Ka superhit formula.. something like that. I remember enjoying that movie.

Pyar mein Kabhi Kabhi

Kyu! Ho gaya na

Saathiya

Pyaar mein kabhi kabhi is that mussu mussu haasi movie right? Love those songs.. need to watch the movie..!

HakunaMatata. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

U need to watch Socha Na Tha!

Well I was a huge fan of Disney shows but when they stopped I started watching Star One. The only two shows I religiously followed were Miley Jab Hum Tum and my personal fave, Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani. I still drool over hottie vampire Vivian when I watch him on Hotstar 😂❤️

Really.. Pyaar ki ye ek kahani? I might have to disagree with u here.. I found Vivian very bland with his expressions here.. that show was remake of TVD right? Nowhere did I found the vampires in PKEK to be that flamboyant as Damon from TVD..

On the other hand... I did watch MJHT religiously.. not relatable where college life is concerned.. but it was a sweet show at that time.. different from the saas-bahu serials atleast.. 

Edited by HakunaMatata. - 4 years ago