Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sm1308 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: kriya_12

Ahaa.....he is here & he has recognised her....good job manager....😆

Abdul , mirza hv no idea . I thought they may hv some inkling about his past .

But am scared , jalal has been left with lot of unknowns & its lot built up inside him . He will do things which will make her fall & hurt , hoping it would not be stretched & they will get the closure on the past soon .

haha yes he is here..n damn would he be, if he missed the name of our Jo..

yeah, so Abdul Mirza, I thought better to keep them clueless, like as if they knew jalal from college or something, working on a startup together...never in his school days..

while Jo, Shibani and Adi knew Jalal during their school days together..

n dont you worry, Jo will be considerate that ten years have passed and a lot might have changed in Jalal's life..he might have new friends, some other closer ppl in his life... however she is here just to see him and get to know what he feels about her, or what went wrong..

n Jo is gonna be fine, n yes I'll keep the story short, and closure content worthy..

thanks again for the text

take care :)

sm1308 thumbnail

Originally posted by: A.RTian

It was Fabulous update... Jalal is here, seems like there are lot of misunderstandings in his mind about Jo...Hope in his anger he don't hurt her much...Waiting to read JoJa face off ..

Thanks thanks..yes he is here..n yup with loads of misunderstandings n hurt..but dont you worry, Jo will be fine and you'll see them coming across eachother in next update,

tc

thanks again

sm1308 thumbnail

Originally posted by: divyaJA

Congo for new story,
Awesome concept...nicely written

Cont soon.

Thankyou so much..glad you liked the plot..

n yup update in a week or so..

take care

thanks again :)

Saiyaa thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: sm1308

haha yes he is here..n damn would he be, if he missed the name of our Jo..

yeah, so Abdul Mirza, I thought better to keep them clueless, like as if they knew jalal from college or something, working on a startup together...never in his school days..

while Jo, Shibani and Adi knew Jalal during their school days together..

n dont you worry, Jo will be considerate that ten years have passed and a lot might have changed in Jalal's life..he might have new friends, some other closer ppl in his life... however she is here just to see him and get to know what he feels about her, or what went wrong..

n Jo is gonna be fine, n yes I'll keep the story short, and closure content worthy..

thanks again for the text

take care :)

thanx for clearing who really knew about them , i just cannot wait for the next . am anxious & scared at the same time to know what jalal may do , he is burning & is not going to be easy on her plus ruqs too there uff what will cook now ..........😲

mamtasingla thumbnail

Nice update 

Heer want to meet jalal

Jalal know about jodha

Waiting for their meeting 

Update soon 

divyadaya13 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Brilliant update dear. Was there some health issue with jo? 

Eagerly waiting for joja to meet after 10 long years. Hope ja dosent trouble jo much. 

sm1308 thumbnail

Chapter 3

Two days Jalal sulked in alcohol and sleep-evaded nights..Mirza kept calling,but Abdul knew that once his friend retreats in that shell of his, he is next to a stranger, to everyone around him. As much as it bugged Abdul and Mirza, there was nothing they could actually do..So while weekend passed morose for Jalal, it was a bliss for Jo, with Shibani and Adi around..

Shibani left for Delhi next day morning. Adi and Jo dropped her at airport. Jodha turned to get back to parking, Adi was still waving his hand.

Jo (wiggling her brows): Jus so you know, she is gone.

Adi (sad): I know..

Jo (rolled her eyes): Adi! You’re still waving to God knows who..

Adi squinted his eyebrows at Jo, as if she pulled him from a dream..

Jo: Unbelievable..When are you gonna man up, and reveal your feelings..(Jo put a hand on his hip) How long have you been trying to do this?

Adi: I know, its not that easy. Don’t you know your sis, if she turns me down, I’m gonna lose this friendship too..I cant afford that..

Jo: Eww! That sounds horribly pathetic..

Adi (mockingly): Yeah, like you are some sort of a pro in this. Hung up on a man, you haven't seen in ten darn years..Sounds pretty pathetic to me too..

Jo (sighing dramatically): I see your point man..I guess that's what makes, we two losers, so good friends..

Adi: Losers? Speak for yourself woman..I’m gonna sweep her off, next time she visits..

Jo gave a scanning look to Adi from his feet to eyes, “Really? I seriously don’t see it happening man, before she gets half of her hair turned white”..

Adi gave an annoying look to Jo, “ Don’t!!Not a word, get back in the car”..

Jo gave a hearty laugh, and slipped in the passenger’s seat to be driven off to work..

On the other side of the city, sleepless nights had left Jalal’s eyes totally weary, and blood shot. The hangover from the alcohol was buzzing his head. It had to be remedied. Never in his recollection had he ever been to work, this hung up..Today was no exception either, so what if he would be seeing her after, what feels like, eternity, he can not allow such emotions to take a toll on his work..So, he turned down the temp of his pool to icy cold and slipped in to numb his nerves, who refused to calm down otherwise..Hours later, when he emerged, the chill of water had seeped through his nerves, and heart..Readied up, he gave himself a glance, and left for work..

Meanwhile, Adi was dropping Jodha at work..

Adi: I’ll see you here at 6:30. Would that be okay..?

Jo gave a polite smile, and nodded, “ I would drop you a text, if I get tied up”

Adi (warning): You better not..

Jo assuringly nodded a Yes and left the car, waving him off, before entering COSMOS..

A frantic looking Mr. Batra stopped Jodha, before she could reach her desk..

Mr. Batra: Ms Shekhawat..Where had you been, I’ve been trying to reach you since Saturday?

Jo: I’m sorry Mr. Batra, I was..

Mr Batra (interrupting): I mailed you..Did you receive it..??

Jo checked back her cell, but there was no such official mail in her inbox, but then the realization dawned upon her, she perhaps had exhausted her data, and wasn’t connected to the internet. The moment she connected with the COSMOS wifi, hoards of msgs from her manager started rolling over.

Embarrassed Jo, looked back at manager apologetically, “I was out of connectivity, I totally apologize”..

Exasperated manager sighed impatiently, “We don’t have time for apology Ms. Shekhawat, the CEO is back, I updated him about our progress at Saturday itself. He would be addressing our team today”

Jo deadpanned, “Back? Like back to India? Here?”

Manager: Ofcourse, where else? He had recommendations from his collaborators in Europe, on our project that he wanted to be considered in. But I told him we’re already at testing stage. He wasn’t very convinced. So, I had been mailing you to prepare a short presentation highlighting our plan, execution and achievements. The changes, we have made, the features we have included. But….its too late now, so grab on all the data you have, and see me at the meeting hall, on the first floor..He would be here in 15 minutes. Hurry Ms. Shekhawat..

With this the manager left, and Jo stood at her place rooted, shocked to death..

Now that he was really here, she wasn’t too sure, if she was ready to take the next step..See him in person..Her heart beat picked up, the restlessness started building up. She gathered all the reports and with quick steps entered the elevator to reach the meeting hall, where all her other team-mates were already sitting in Queue, waiting eagerly for the address of their CEO..

5 minutes left for the meeting to start, Jo couldn’t take it anymore. She had broken into sweat. The anticipation of seeing him after so long was unbearable for her, but whats with this nervousness, the nagging feeling of guilt. It seemed as if her mind can not recall but her faculties had their own memory, as if they knew the default response..A streak of throbbing pain emerged up on the left side of her skull. Oh crap! No..No…just stay calm, one step at a time..breathe, breathe..like a mantra the chants popped up in her mind..She needed fresh air, all choked up in this air-conditioned room, she felt she would throw up in her distress..

Jo: Mr. Batra, I would be back in a minute.

Manager: Ms. Shekhawat, he would be here any minute.

Jo: I feel sick, give me a minute pls.

With this Jo dashed out of the room, and in her haste, slipped her footing while just exiting the hall..The twisted ankle gave in, anticipating a bad fall that she couldn’t stop, she released a scared squeal, but the fall never happened. In another moment someone held her wrist and forcefully pushed her up on her feet, the twisted ankle failed to hold her weight and she sinked again, but then another arm had moved past her waist supporting her weight up..

The essence of mint and winter flared her nostrils and somehow, it felt way too familiar to Jo. Before she could process anything, the voice followed,” Watch your step Miss”..

The voice ranged in her head, and suddenly as if all the nausea had flown by, she felt the wave of serenity hit her..

She raised her brows and there he was..if Jo was breathing earlier, she had completely forgotten it by now. Ten years had changed his features from a teen to a complete man.. The softness of the face had been replaced by a fine stubble, cheekbones hardened, his locks even more dense and gelled back into crisp short cut. But his eyes still the same, a shade of dark brown, with a golden hue around the pupil, the only difference she could feel was the distant cold chill they harboured, all glassy, giving away no emotions at all.

A completely small and an almost inaudible gasp left Jo’s lip, “Jalal”

And Jalal’s grip tightened on Jo’s wrist to an almost painful intensity,”What did you call me?”

But before any response could come, the elevator made a ding and Abdul and Mirza came out. Jalal released his hold on her, Jodha faltered but took the aid of the door to support her weight.

Mirza: Oh my God, you must be the new recruit..Ms. Heer, right? God! You’re impressive.

Jo nodded but couldn’t go ahead with the formalities of introduction and kept silent.

Not willing for everyone to indulge in conversation, Jalal moved past Jo to enter the hall, eyeing Abdul and Mirza to follow in. The two moved in but Jalal stopped in his steps, “Pls take your time and tend to that ankle, Ms. Shekhawat. I’m pretty sure your colleagues can manage a discussion without you”.

Without making an eye contact, Jo nodded in affirmation..Left alone, she took off her heels and hopped her way to the nearest waiting area. Took off the spray and crape from the medical kit cabinet and sat on the sofa, to tend to her ankle that had begun to show up signs of mild swelling.

Suddenly she could feel the tears, flowing down her already welled up eyes. She had felt the rage in his voice, the grip of his palm, the coldness in his eyes. These were not the reactions she was expecting after these ten long years. The helplessness, that she couldn’t remember anything made it all worse, the guilt that she must have done something really horrible to him, was strengthening. And Jo could feel the resolve to confront him fading, pretty fast. If she could be bold enough to say that probably he didn’t hate her (only for her own comfort), even then it was more than obvious that she was nothing more than a stranger to him, and God that hurt..He did remember her, but nothing more than that seem to matter, perhaps even expecting a cordial base as an employee and employer seemed a pretty far possibility..It was a mistake, coming here was such a huge mistake..God knows what she was thinking? God knows what she did to him, because her heart could feel for sure even if her mind couldn’t, that he was probably not at fault..

Jo pinged a sick leave to her manager, and booked a cab back home..They was noway she could stay a minute long.

The meeting had ended. Most of the address was taken over by Abdul and Mirza, highlighting the intricate details of the team’s par execution, such that more than 80% of the recommendations forwarded by their collaborators had already been taken care of. In the two days of his sulking, Jalal hadnt even looked at the report, but again thanks to Abdul who had studied and reviewed the project, aligning it with the recos that had been received. On a shorter note, it was an absolute well planned and executed product…Flawless, as Mirza kept on saying..By the end of the session, Jalal could only say, “Keep up the good work guys, honestly you stunned me”..The entire hall reverberated with loud applause for that was no less feat, if you got your genius CEO stunned..The smiling younger executives, hugged and congratulated eachother for their joint effort, but the one who had led the team to this success was nowhere to be found. The manager and other team-mates looked around but Jo was nowhere in sight. Manager’s cell pinged and disappointment followed- She had left, calling it a sick day.

The team dispersed out of the hall in a celebratory mode, and manager, Abdul, Mirza and Jalal were left back.

Manager: Ms. Shekhawat, called it a sick day sir. I wish she could have been here. Despite the fact, it was a joint effort, yet the girl was enagmatic in her planning, managing and troubleshooting the issues. We wouldnt have gotten this done, if not for her foresight.

Jalal: Hmm. Tell me Mr. Batra, do your people make no background checks before they actually go ahead with the hiring?

Manager gave a confused look to Jalal, “I didn’t get it sir”..

Jalal: I made a quick background check on the resume of Ms. Shekhawat which is already in our employee portal..while I was on my way to COSMOS, this morning, it took me less than ten minutes actually.. She, a 2013 graduate of the bussiness school, Imperial Colg, London, campus placed with one of top UK based tech firms..The last position she held was that of the product manager there, with a total experience of 7 years, unlike, 2 years mentioned in her CV. Did you know?

Manager gave a shocked surprised look to to Jalal..

Jalal: Hmm. I didn’t think so..So, here is what I want you to do Mr. Batra..Draw two different letters in the name of Ms. Shekhawat. First a suspension letter..

Manager couldn’t contain himself, “Suspension? Sir, she is a great hire. How often we come across people of that caliber? She is a value addition to our team..Please, consider her performance atleast..

Abdul and Mirza joined along, “Ofcourse jalal, its not like she forged anything to get any added advantage. Instead she mellowed it down and yet, gave her best. Suspension, really??”

Jalal: Yes Abdul..suspension! because I hate liars and find them untrustworthy, no matter the intent- good or bad.

Abdul (irritated): I think, you’re being too quick to judge..She should be given chance to explain herself.

Jalal: I agree! Thats why I said TWO letters. If Ms. Shekhawat, is ready to given an explanation, worth considering, I would want her to take up a new position, so that COSMOS could redeem the benefits of her expertise, in a much broader way. Afterall everyone here is trying to convince me, what an asset she is..better to recruit her on a position that brings out the best in her.

Everyone gave a sigh of relief.

Manager: So, we don’t need the suspension letter. You can just recruit her as a “Product manager” here at COSMOS too..

Jalal: No, Mr. Batra, keeping her confined to one team is not my intent. Every R&D team reports to Mirza anyway, and then I combine my recos for further execution of the projects. I would want to include an addition filter to this process..Recruit her as an “R&D Associate to the CEO”, a fresh third perspective, recommendations, more apt- innovative approaches and market analysis is what she would be providing us with..

Manager: But then again Sir, you can hire her at whatever position you deem fit..I’m still not comfortable forwarding Ms. Shekhawat a suspension letter.

Jalal: Again, as I said Mr. Batra, this position is only after she can give me a convincing explanation for falsifying her resume. If she fails, I want her signatures on this suspension letter. On the contrary, if she comes up with a valid reason, I want her recruited on this position..There is no other choice here. Either she quits COSMOS or quits her current position to take up this new one.. Am I clear??

Abdul could clearly see it, jalal was trying to make sure that she is left with no other option than to quit her team, and enter into Jalal’s direct vicinity, if at all she decided to stay at COSMOS. No other employee was ever recruited at a position where he/she had to directly come to jalal. It was the same task that a manager would do at any of the department, but the only difference was that she would have to report directly to Jalal.

Manager nodded defeatedly, and left to do as asked.

Mirza: Well that was pretty intense. I’ve seen people forging their CV “UP”, she is the first one, who has forged it “DOWN”..I wonder why she would do that? Poor girl… And whats with this new position..You never even had a “Secretary to the CEO” and now you’re having an “R&D Associate to the CEO”..You sure about this? Arent you completely profane to the idea of seeing people while being at work?

Abdul chuckled at Mirza’s ignorance..The guy never seems to take up any hint..Jalal glared back at Mirza..

Mirza: Okay, stop giving me those deathly glares. I’ve got meetings to attend to. I’ll see you later guys..

Mirza left and Jalal looked back at Abdul, who was staring intently at Jalal, as if trying to decode him..

Jalal: You wanna say something, spill..!

Abdul: Nah! Jus admiring the brilliance of the plan that you’ve concocted..Showing off as you’re pushing her away, and on the hand, pulling her in too..So indifferent as to suspend her, and yet so possessive, to not let her stay out of your sight. You’ve practically left her with no option. She quits, she leaves, but if she doesn’t quit, she will have to stay unavoidingly close to you..God, you’re difficult..Who is “She” to you, anyway???

Jalal always hated it, how easily Abdul could see through him- Cons of having a true friend..

But the question, “Who was she to him”, brought Jo’s glimpse back to his mind. God, she was beautiful, Way more than he had ever imagined her to be in his thoughts, in these past ten years. So perfect till date. Reminiscing the feel of her wrist in his palm, the warmth emanating from her body while he held her waist, had left him burnt, wherever she had touched. Still such a perfect fit to him. The aroma of jasmine n lily that flared from her, filling his breath hadn’t changed a bit in these ten years, still left his senses dizzy. And then she whispered his name. God, that voice could still stop his heart. If Jalal hadnt forced a restraint on him, he would have pulled her in a bone crushing hug, as to never let her go, like ever again..

But honestly, not a damn thing was new, as if not a single day has gone by, she was still the same pretty perfect as she was in her teens, rather an effortless pretty, if he could put it in a right way. Back when they were so young, the kindness of her gestures, the honesty of her feelings were so blantantly evident on her face, that even if she wasn’t dressed or made up to kill, Jalal would always find himself slain. Her smile, the laughter that erupted from somewhere so deep from her heart, would wash off every ounce of worry from Jalal’s heart, like every single time. She was a blessing bestowed to him. The mirth and mischievous glint she had in her beautiful doe eyes, would draw in Jalal, as if he was a drunk with no voluntary say in that pull. And the most amazing part was that she always stayed unaware of the effects she had on him. A daunting yet clueless absolute true self, that was Jo…so yes, he knew what was Jo to him and what she continues to be, even if he struggles everyday to prove himself wrong..She was:

Jalal (voiced an answer to Abdul’s question): “Everything”..She is everything..

Abdul gave an honest understanding smile, nodded and left jalal, with not a single thing left to say back to him..

sm1308 thumbnail

Originally posted by: kriya_12

thanx for clearing who really knew about them , i just cannot wait for the next . am anxious & scared at the same time to know what jalal may do , he is burning & is not going to be easy on her plus ruqs too there uff what will cook now ..........😲

Your welcome..and here is the upadate (Yay)

The "Face off" is here..

enjoy :)

sm1308 thumbnail

Originally posted by: mamtasingla

Nice update 

Heer want to meet jalal

Jalal know about jodha

Waiting for their meeting 

Update soon 

Thankyou..

here is the update..

enjoy! :)

sm1308 thumbnail

Originally posted by: divyadaya13

Brilliant update dear. Was there some health issue with jo? 

Eagerly waiting for joja to meet after 10 long years. Hope ja dosent trouble jo much. 

n yes our girl has a part of memory lost..but Jalal's image is still hanging in her head..So, she's trying to revisit her past..

enjoy the fresh one..