“Timeless Love: An eternity to heart” Chap 14 (III) updated 04/24/2021

Posted: 4 years ago

Hi guys, SM here again,

Here is a new short story for all you Jodha-jalal fans. I just came across this idea, while I was trying to write an update for "A tale of ice and fire"..The idea wouldn't leave my head so I had to scribble it down. Unlike my other story its a modern take on Jodha and Jalal..The characters would be introduced as the story proceeds. I always intend to keep my stories short, but I've failed miserably with "Tale of ice and fire", its I guess not even half way..But this I would keep short, probably 7-10 chapters..But just give it a read, its a short preface kind of introductory part, that gives a glimpse of Jodha's state... The chapters are yet to begin..Let me know how did you like the plot (although, thats yet to unfold)..

Index

Chapter 1

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5158163

Chapter 2

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5158163?pn=2&pc=153061462

Chapter 3

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5158163?pn=4&pc=153099318

Chapter 4

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5158163?pn=8

Chapter 5

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5158163?pn=9

Chapter 6

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5158163?pn=11

Chapter 7

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5158163?pn=12

Chapter 8

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5158163?pn=15

Chapter 9

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5158163?pn=17

Chapter 10- Part I

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5158163?pn=22

Chapter 10- Part II

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5158163?pn=23

Chapter 11

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5158163?pn=30

Chapter 12

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5158163?pn=35

Chapter 13

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5158163?pn=39

Chapter 14 (Part I)

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5158163?pn=40

Chapter 14 (Part II)

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5158163?pn=42

Chapter 14 (Part III)

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5158163?pn=45

It has been ten years in UK. After getting graduated from the Bussiness school, Imperial College, London, Heer Vikram Singh Shekhawat, (more endearingly called “Jodha”) has ascended to the reputed position of Product manager, in one of the finest UK based tech corporations. Seven years of high-paying job, great workplace, and loving colleagues, she has everything that one could professionally wish for. Yet, sitting on her desk, she has a resignation letter, that had just been reluctantly approved by the GM of her current company, and on the other hand she has an offer letter for the position of senior executive, a position way lower and a wage much less than what her current experience could get her. A low- key job, that she managed to land after falsifying her experience from 7 to only 2years in her CV, in one of the most rapidly emerging tech-giants, named COSMOS, from India.

GM: It was so great having you here, that I can not stop but think, how will we able to manage without you?

Jodha (smiled): You’ve a great team, and it is my honor to have been a part of it. You’ll be fine sir. We’ll be fine.

GM: Ms. Shekhawat, for the last time. Is there anything I could do to stop you from leaving?

Jodha (forwarded her hand for the shake): Believe me sir, if it wasn’t the matter of life and sanity, I would never leave this place. But, I must go, I’ve to.

The GM and the other colleagues gave a nod, some of them hugged Jodha hard.. Partings have always been difficult for her.

Tomorrow is the flight, back to India, back to where it all started ten long years ago. She cant take it anymore, there are questions that need to be answered. Someone, she couldn’t stop thinking about all these years. A childhood friend who parted ways, never looked back in all these ten years. No social networks, no public contact informations that she could find to connect back to. As if he crept in a cocoon, refusing to be found. The last time she saw him was ten years back, when they were in high school. But after that, she can not recall anything, as if what happened is just a blur, as if a part of her past memories have gone lost. How so much has she tried to connect the dots, but nothing. Coming to UK to pursue graduation, the news of her father’s loss, her only family left, an elder sister who cares for her yet distanced herself. What happened to him, why a friend who has such a strong imprint on her mind, never bothered to get in touch with her in her hardships, loneliest times? Why her elder sister wouldn’t talk about him? Why Jodha couldn’t believe when she was told that he doesn’t wanna have anything to do with her? Why it hurts that bad, why, if he was just a friend? Why she couldn’t let his thoughts go? Its not that she hasn’t tried, but why his fifteen years old self keeps her haunted? Why her heart picks up the beat, everytime she thinks of him?

And then she saw the Forbes’ 30 under 30s. He was on the list as one of the youngest CEO of the emerging tech giants, COSMOS, from India. She hasn’t seen him in ten long years, yet her heart knew, it was him. It had to be him. She found him, finally.

Jodha couldn’t stop the nervous flutter of her heart, when she swiped her fingers on the letters imprinted on her offer letter, forwarded by the HR on the behalf of....

“COSMOS”

CEO, Jalal’ud din Mohd

Ten long years she had been waiting for this day. She would see him again. How come, he means that much to her that despite the fact that she couldn’t recall anything from her past, his face sticks around in her subconscious, like not a day has bygone in these ten years? N Why she means nothing to him, why he never bothered to get in touch? Was there just a friendship? Infatuation on her part? But why it feels way more than that? Whatever this feeling is, why it keeps growing with every passing breath?

She will know now..If no one else can tell her. She will ask him..because he owes an explanation to her, whether he likes it or not…

Edited by sm1308 - 2 years ago

intriguing start 👏 

The first chapter only, evoke lot's of question in mind, 😆 a fine way to hook the readers to story😉

Nice portrayal of Jo she look balanced girl, troubled by her own heart and mind inside, but keeping good preference outside. 😎

Heroine taken her entry, Waiting for hero who just stepped in reference only,😆 

The next update will be the awaiting union"? Or journey and more curiousity, or leaving all this we will see hero side"? What we can expect in next update🤓 Surely you won't reveal yet I know. 😆

But I am expecting the next chapter updated by you soon 😳 hopefully I won't be disappointed Author 

Stay safe 🙏 take care🤗

Keep writing 👍🏼

Wow what a start.....👏

Love the title....👍🏼

& congrats for the new tale .

What an interesting start...like the way you started...and waiting to know the jalal's side... update soon...stày safe.

Originally posted by Rashmisingh9151

intriguing start 👏 

The first chapter only, evoke lot's of question in mind, 😆 a fine way to hook the readers to story😉

Nice portrayal of Jo she look balanced girl, troubled by her own heart and mind inside, but keeping good preference outside. 😎

Heroine taken her entry, Waiting for hero who just stepped in reference only,😆 

The next update will be the awaiting union"? Or journey and more curiousity, or leaving all this we will see hero side"? What we can expect in next update🤓 Surely you won't reveal yet I know. 😆

But I am expecting the next chapter updated by you soon 😳 hopefully I won't be disappointed Author 

Stay safe 🙏 take care🤗

Keep writing 👍🏼

Thanks!:)

Yup planning for Jalal's entry in the next update..but as you said, I think I'll keep the secrets veiled..I havent yet thought about how its is all gonna proceed, but I do have a feeling it would be fun, since with very less of characters around..I'll have my complete focus on the two...unresolved issues to deal with...I think its gonna be quite opposite to "tale of ice n fire" where Jalal is pursuing Jodha...here I think I'll make Jodha pursue him, instead...

thanks for liking the start..

update will follow soon..

Originally posted by kriya_12

Wow what a start.....👏

Love the title....👍🏼

& congrats for the new tale .

Thankyou :) so very much..n yes I love the title..I wouldnt call ten years an eternity but it should feel like so for two ppl achingly in love, yet distant..

Originally posted by A.RTian

What an interesting start...like the way you started...and waiting to know the jalal's side... update soon...stày safe.

Thankyou so much..I'm gonna keep oscillating on the updates between both the stories..will follow up shortly..thanks again n u too stay safe..

Chapter 1

The luggage had been packed up, when Jo’s cell ringed, it was her elder sister’s  (Shibani Vikram Singh Shekhawat’s) call.

Shibani: Hey love! Are you all packed up..

Jo: Really? Now you got the time to give me a call. Sometimes I feel um gonna forget that I’ve a sister too..

Silence prevailed from Shibani’s end.

Jo: Hey! That was just a joke..You cant even take one, Can you?

Shibani: Did you meet uncle? Did you remind him about the zip file?

Jo (chuckled): Oh please! He feels more like a family doctor than our uncle..I did remind him..He will forward you. What is this file anyway? You know if its that crucial I can bring it over personally..

Shibani: No silly! Nothing that concerns you..You remember to keep the medications that he has prescribed during travels..n Jo I can really come up there to UK, and we can travel back together..You know I don’t feel it safe, you travelling alone..

Jo: Unbelievable! I’m 25 n you wouldn’t let me even stay alone. Thankgod I’m getting rid of Uncle n aunt here..and now you don’t even want me to travel alone..You know sometimes you freak me out..Its just that I’ve a weaker immunity, other than that you do know nothing can take me down..

Shibani: God! Why do I ever ask you anything? When did you hear me last?

Jo (laughed): Hey, honestly I don’t remember..

Shibani (couldn’t stop the smile): I know silly..

Jo: I’m leaving for the airport..8 more hours love and I shall be upon your head..

Shibani (smiled): I cant wait..But you stay relaxed, no worries, just get over with it..I’ll see you at the airport. Take care hon..

Jo: Hmm..bye..

Shibani checked her email from her uncle. Jodha had been under his treatment for long..stress induced mild heamorrhages had left her amygdala affected. She had lost the memories that accompanied painful experiences of the past. She was still in the very early stages of selective amnesia but under the threat that any recurrent episodes of traumatic outburts, emotional stress or recollection of the past could push her through into progressive stages of dementia..Although, except earlier glitches during her teens, she had shown signs of improvement, and her cognitive abilities remained intact and unimpaired..

Shibani had tried to keep her in UK since past ten years under the care of her practioner uncle, given the excuse of her studies and internships. But recently Jodha had been insisting on returning back to India. Though Shibani feared that glimpses of past might serve as a trigger to her progression, but it had been long and Jodha had stopped talking about past. No mention of her father’s loss, no mention of “HIM” had given shibani hope that perhaps she had forgotten everything and everyone completely by now. Besides, Shibani had been dying to bring her sweet little sister in her care. She was her duty, afterall whatever happened was all in a way Shibani’s fault, but it was Jo who had to suffer. Shibani had kept Jo distant enough, for long. Her uncle was also convinced that Jodha is in much better shape, and that she needs the love and affection of her family, that if this improvement had to strengthen they must yield to her wishes, and try to keep her happy and stress-free..

On the contrary, despite the fact that Jo knew something was amiss, that unlike others she can’t remember things for long, everytime she tries to focus hard on those blur memories, her mind would give up. But her uncle kept on insisting that it was nothing more than her compromised immunity. However, Jodha knew that it was more than that, recently she had started to forget recent events too, which scared her the most. What if she completely forgot about jalal, before she had any chance of discovering the past that she had with him? Since, Shibani behaved as if he never existed there was no point asking anyone. She had to get back to India, and figure out herself, before it gets too late. The thought of losing this single memory of jalal that she had held on for ten long years was getting unbearable for her. The only way out here was to bring Shibani in her confidence and finally it happened.

Completely unaware of Jo’s plan and her acceptance of job at COSMOS, Shibani had given up and agreed for Jodha to comeback. The files were the medical reports of Jo to be referred to, if it came to any medical-emergency, and Shibani did pray, may they never be used..

The flight was about to land and Shibani was already there at the Delhi airport waiting eagerly for just a glimpse of Jo. The moment Jo exited the arrival, Shibani squeaked a loud shrill and pulled Jo into a bone-crushing hug.

Shibani: God, I hope this is not a dream.

Jo pinched her hard, Ofcourse not..See, I told you nothing can take me down..

Shibani (laughed): Lets get you home silly..

The surge of happiness had returned after a long draught in lives of both the sisters..What Shibani didn’t know that it was not there to dwell for long..

A week rolled off in a bliss..

While Jo couldn’t muster up the courage to indulge Shibani in her plans to join COSMOS, Shibani made the most of her time doting her little sister..

Shibani: Hey Jo! I’ll have my leaves over by tomorrow. I was thinking to hire a help. You’ll have company while I’m at work?

Jo (chuckled): Seriously? I’m ten or what? Sis I just cant keep sitting here at home. You do understand I’ll be joining somewhere for work, right?

Shibani: Yeah, but what’s the hurry? I say stay at home for like a couple of months. Relax and then we’ll figure out about work, together. I’ll ask Aditya, he will be more than happy to have you at Singhaniya Tech..

Singhaniya’s had been family friends to Shekhawat’s for a long time. The three kids, Jo, Shibani and Aditya had been close-knit friends, since they were toddlers. After the loss of Vikram S. Shekhawat, Raman Singhaniya (Aditya’s father) had taken up to look after the girls, like his own daughters..Jo’s stay at UK, Shibani’s college, the familial support Singhaniya’s provided, Shibani would always be indebted to them. After the completion of her studies, on Raman Singhaniya’s request, she joined their company. But the old man is too emotional, especially for Jo and despite the fact, Shibani had always kept him informed about Jo’s condition and progress, he prefers to be a distant guardian to her.

Jo: Noway! I’m not joining Singhaniya’s..God knows how you work there..with that irritating Aditya, drooling, everywhere he sees a fair girl..n I think, uncle doesnt like me well, so I better dodge this bullet..

Shibani (laughed): Hey spare the old man. Uncle loves you way too much, and about Aditya..He aint that bad, when it comes to work. Besides, he isnt here at Delhi, he has taken charge over the new office branch at Bengaluru. Singhaniya Uncle is leading the company here..

Jo: Whatever..Tell me you haven’t told anyone about my arrival yet..

Shibani: No..I wanna keep you all for myself atleast for some time..That’s why, just don’t look for work hon..Lets enjoy our time together..It has been so long..

Jodha did feel a tug of guilt.

Jo: About that! I already have an offer from one of the Bengaluru based tech company..n before you panic..its not even a stressy job, you know..I’ll be just an executive..away from managerial hustle and bustle..

If there was any colour left on Shibani’s face, it drained off..

Shibani: WHAT?? What job, which company and Banglore? Are you insane Jo…I’m not letting you off my eyes..If you are to do a job, than it has to be here in Delhi..right by my side...and “executive”, with that much experience under your toe, why would you go for executive, that would be a massive workload in any tech firm..

Jo: Hey, hey! Calm down sis..okay, workload is fine but then I wouldnt be having any stress issues of a high profile job..right? Thats what you want..isnt it? Low stress..Blah Blah..

Shibani had lost the cool by now..”Quit playing, will you? The truth Jo, right now..”

Jo (sighed): I’m joining COSMOS..

Shibani felt her heart would burst open outa her rib cage..Her eyes welled and mouth went dry..Trying to maintain her composure, in which she was miserably failing..She sat down..speechless..

Jo had already anticipated this response. She had to convince her sister. She was running out of time..She loved Shibani, but someone somewhere was equally important…

Jo: You angry?

Shibani: You remember him, don’t you??

Jo (sighed): I never forgot him, in the first place..He is stuck in my head, like it was just yesterday..And I don’t know why??He quit my life, but he refuses to quit my mind..You know, I cannot recall a single memory from the past, not even how we lost Dad..n I know, it is equally painful for you, and I do not want you to indulge in any painful experience with me sis, if you’re not ready for it…But Jalal, he haunts me, and as much as it pains, I love it too..as if he is the wound and also the cure..I need to have a closure..Deep down there is a nagging feeling that it all happened because of me..I have been trying to locate him, I don’t even remember since when,,and like if he is in a shell, not willing to reach out..I want to know the truth, what happened? Did I hurt him that bad? Or it was nothing significant in between us and its all my imagination playing havoc..?I want to be relieved for once sis..and if I don’t do this, I’m pretty sure, I’ll succumb to this suffocation, probably very soon..

Shibani: Shh…Don’t say that..Jo, how so much I would wish to tell you, about Dad, about past, I cant..I don’t want to..kz I’m afraid, I’ll lose you..You’ll hate me, and I cant stand that..

Jo: Hey! Even if you split me into two..I wouldnt hate you, like EVER..I love you more than anything sis..But I want to know what he is to me..I want to hear him answer that..

Shibani (felt as if she did split Jodha into two): Jo, its too dangerous..It could stress you out..

Jo (smiled): hey I’m telling you, he is like my personal brand of stress-buster too..I’ll be fine sis. I promise. Please let me go..

Shibani stayed silent..

Shibani: It has been ten years Jo. God knows, how much has he changed..He has built COSMOS from a scratch..You can imagine the hardships..What if he ill-treats you, hates you? You’ll get hurt sis..

Jo: Atleast I’ll know the truth..I’ve to do this, sis…Please

Shibani nodded..”Okay! But I’m coming with you to Bengaluru..I’ll apply for transfers to B’lore branch..It shouldn’t take long..Probably a month..Can you wait till then..”

Jo: I cant wait sis..lets do one thing, I go and join..You get your formalities then, and shift over there..

Shibani: Jo, it would be a month without me, with no one around you..I cant..

Jo: hey, its just a month..I’ll be fine, and if it really bugs you this much..let that idiot Aditya know that I’ll be shifting base to B’lor..He is gonna be at my beck and call..I’m pretty sure of that..Does that sound good..

Shibani: Hmm..Just so you know, COSMOS is the biggest emerging competitor to Singhaniya’s..Aditya is gonna go mad, if he gets to know, you would be working in the rival company..

Jo: Hmm, and burnt jealous, if he gets to know the reason of my working there..Not that I wouldn’t enjoy the sight, but please don’t indulge him too much with the details..I’ll tackle him..

Shibani hugged Jo, “Promise me you would be careful”..

Jo (smiled): Scout’s honor..

Jodha left for B’lore the following day, while Shibani stood at the departure gate for God knows how long…It was gonna be heck of a hell month for Shibani..and she had no idea, how it was gonna be for Jodha…How would Jalal react seeing her after ten long years?…The rude, headstrong, insanely workaholic, unabashedly aspiring and insensitive were the tags that he had garnered in these ten years, which were strikingly in contrast to the polite, sweet, caring, lovesick and with no worries in the whole world kind of boy, he was back in his teens…Shibani also knew that very rarely could paparazzi get any shots of him, and every time they did he was found hanging out with some model..But other than that no one knew anything about his personal life.. God knows what life had planned for Jo and Jalal…Only if Shibani had not been that naive, and jealous of her little sister back in her teens, things would have been so different..But the price she paid, the losses that incurred struck her senses for good..Now nothing is more important than Jo, she is the only thing left of their father’s memory..The truth that she kept hidden from Jodha all these years, if got out, she might lose Jo too…But if she stops Jo anymore, she will succumb to the memories of Jalal…So, yes for the first time ever, Shibani wouldnt be selfish, for her own reasons and fears…She would let Jo chase her feelings, follow her heart..n whatever comes she will stand by her little sister, even if Jo pushes her, herself…

P.S: God I tried, but I couldn't make him (Jalal) enter the story, even after this long chapter..Guys stay tuned, he is gonna be here in the next chap for sure..Till then, let me know- Did you guys like the concept of the story..Cant wait to have your reviews..I cant believe I got both the stories updated back to back..Enjoy..n pls stay cautious an safe..

-SM

Awesome update 👏 truly first I appreciate your effort to update it at the time of 2 39 am at night"! 👏 second for the way you write it 👏 truly fabulous"! 👏

Now coming to update it's evoke more query in mind I don't mind about Ja late entry 😆I hope you will make it worth later on 😉 

I believe half knowledge is dangerous😈 and no knowledge is doom"!🤢 Here Jo fit the bill 😆she's expecting to meet him seek answer of query if possible mend her way with long lost friend  it won't be easy"!  

"Coming to Shivani understand her concern for sister, 😊but keeping secrets I don't find appreciable at all"!  

Looking forward to next update 😊 

It wasn't big in my view 😆 

I am now egar of their face off no for hero entry no I am excited to know his side does he remembers her think about her like she do what's his side"? And all many more thing you had hook me up to your work author 😎

Truly cannot wait for next 😊

Stay safe 🙏 take care 🤗

OMG ,the first chapter is here....😃

Jodha is back in india , her situation well covered...just fan of ur writing....🤗

Both sisters completely dot on each other but elder one definitely has more to her , some past mistakes which we'll soon know as story moves forward....😊

Now can't wait for the next part , when will jalal come.....😭